SW Fallen Order

Anyone else having trouble with pre-order content disappearing?
Typical EA, doesn't respond to this question. Wonder if anyone has an idea as to what is going on.

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    No idea - I pre-ordered but saving the game as a present from my 19 month son to me as a Christmas present. I cant wait to play it - heard nothing but good things.

As I pre-ordered I got the code of the content, which I used so I could discard the receipt and it was ready to play come Christmas - I hope the content doesn't disappear, I'd go loopy on EA!
  • Boo wrote: »
    No idea - I pre-ordered but saving the game as a present from my 19 month son to me as a Christmas present. I cant wait to play it - heard nothing but good things.

As I pre-ordered I got the code of the content, which I used so I could discard the receipt and it was ready to play come Christmas - I hope the content doesn't disappear, I'd go loopy on EA!

Just play it now and act surprised on Christmas
  • I got a response, about to try it, they told me I should try saving the game after I get my content. Seems dumb and that dlc should act like a patch...
  • So you only have access to the bonus content while online. That is ridiculous.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Just play it now and act surprised on Christmas

Hahaha - I want to soooo bad, but I cant do that, lol. Plus I literally having nothing else to look forward to for Christmas, so this will be an awesome thing to unwrap under the tree. Also booked a few days off after Christmas, so hope to "binge play"!!!! I cant wait!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I got a response, about to try it, they told me I should try saving the game after I get my content. Seems dumb and that dlc should act like a patch...

Agreed! - luckily I saved the receipt with the pre-order DLC code on it after I saw your post.

I remember I pre-ordered Force Unleashed 2 and never got my code. I found out a few months after and EA, Microsoft and Lucas Arts all said "there was nothing they could do" - I was well P'd off, especially as the bonus pre-order DLC was a white in colour Darth Maul type character skin.

Makes sense now looking back as the guy who voiced Starkiller also voiced Maul in CLone Wars, Rebels and Solo.
  • That literally happened to me yesterday 😭😭😭
  • That literally happened to me yesterday 😭😭😭

Still no official fix? I heard there was an update, but don't know much else.
  • I got it back now but I was about to lose my mind
  • I got it back now but I was about to lose my mind

Is the content only there when the game system is connected to the internet? I read that there was another update recently. Just haven’t had a chance to update my system yet.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I got the game on pre-order but made it a Christmas gift from my toddler to me, so I got it to play on Christmas.

Now beaten the game.

I will say this - it is a stunningly beautiful game! The story, graphics, characters and worlds are very immersive - probably the best I have ever seen in a star wars game.

I also encountered no glitches. I know people have complained about some glitches online, one that was apparently game-breaking, but they must have fixed that.

The negatives I will say is this - once you complete the game, that's kinda it. There is nothing more to do. Yes you can go back to the game and play before the final mission to make sure you find all the collectibles and secrets the game has to offer, but you cannot replay the final mission.

Its just a free roam of all the planets, with enemies that respawn - when I say enemies I mean creatures and stormtroopers etc - no lightsaber wielding bosses.

So, I found all secrets etc. before the final mission and now I can do nothing with the game - its essentially boring after completion.

What EA should have done was make an option to replay the game, but with all secrets and collectibles already obtained from you previous playthrough. As it stands, replaying the game means finding everything all over again, which is just tedious and puts me off playing it again.

Another option they could have done is create a "training" mode, which would allow you to fight bosses over and over - something would have been great to ensure the games playability.

So my complaint is that once you beat the game, its really all done. I will keep the game, as I am sure I'd love to play it again, but I am not in a hurry to do so.

For those that didn't get the game yet - hold off! as I am sure many gamers feel the same as I do and the game will flood the pre-played shelves of EB Games stores soon enough.

I'd also add the pre-order exclusive content was meh. Some of the lightsaber emitters etc was cool, you get an orange lightsaber crystal (which was nice but I never used it) and a few skins for the droid and starship (again I never used them). What was lacking in the game was a good set of Jedi robes.

The customization of the lightsaber was top notch! but for the character it lacked huge. The character gets like 5 outfits (2 of which look identical almost). Then you can choose to add a Poncho - some colours of the ponch are crazy (like bright pink, lol) and some are too similar to others. Overall a decent selection of outfits as well as no Jedi Robes in the game, hurt the customization for the character.

I also feel that the main character's companions don't do anything. In games like Mass Effect or Kotor your campanions do stuff with you. I get that Fallen Order is not that sort of game, but it just felt that the companions were nothing more than eye candy or props in the story.

Perhaps certain sequences of the game should require you to take control of your companions. Such as Ceere's past in a vision. As we get to play a young Cal upon Order 66 and that sequence was chilling, unexpected and very cool.

Additionally perhaps some flying sequences where you control the Mantis could have been a good addition to the story - even the likes of Shadows of the Empire on the old N64 had some cool vehicle levels.

Overall - a great game (especially first playthrough), but I feel the game doesn't have enough to make me want to come back and play it multiple times. Sad, because I think EA could have done a lot more in that regard, as described above.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to give the game a good critical review without spoiling anything.

I hope those of you that have picked up the game enjoy.