Have you seen this missing person?

Tom013
3 posts Member
edited December 2019
Logray, furry little devil. Last sighting is about 3 weeks ago in guildstore. Hasn't been spotted since.

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    RNG
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just get him to 7*s, then he pops up at least twice a day
  • He’s flying around in Sun Fac’s Ship don’t you know.
  • Tom013 wrote: »
    Logray, furry little devil. Last sighting is about 3 weeks ago in guildstore. Hasn't been spotted since.

I was half expecting this to be a where is crumb thread. RNG is a kicker of nether regions for sure.

I was half expecting this to be a where is crumb thread. RNG is a kicker of nether regions for sure.

There's RNG, then there's expected "drop" rate. There's no need for it to be so low on certain toons and so high on others. E.g., Poe Dameron's X-Wing vs Resistance X-Wing in the fleet store. Why should one show up 10 times more often than the other? (I know it's to incite people to spend crystals on refreshes). Just a small thing that CG could do to make their game more habitable that they won't.
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Tom013 wrote: »

There's RNG, then there's expected "drop" rate. There's no need for it to be so low on certain toons and so high on others. E.g., Poe Dameron's X-Wing vs Resistance X-Wing in the fleet store. Why should one show up 10 times more often than the other? (I know it's to incite people to spend crystals on refreshes). Just a small thing that CG could do to make their game more habitable that they won't.

It's a pain, to be sure. We've (mostly) all gone through it. Head down, plod forward... onward we march.

<insert "Where There's A Whip There's A Way" Orcish marching song here>
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Patience.

Not exactly how RNG works... Each random presentation is independent from the others. Lets make this simple, having the RNG put out a number from 1 to 6. In 100 rolls the number 6 may never show up in spite of there being a 1 in 6 chance for it to do so. Just pure luck of the draw.

Not exactly how RNG works... Each random presentation is independent from the others. Lets make this simple, having the RNG put out a number from 1 to 6. In 100 rolls the number 6 may never show up in spite of there being a 1 in 6 chance for it to do so. Just pure luck of the draw.

Not at all what I was talking about. Bad RNG would be something like "there's a 50% probability that Poe shows up in this spot, but I haven't seen him in eight straight shop changes." I'm talking more about the fact that the actual probability of Poe showing up is much lower than that of Resistance X-Wing (or Paploo vs. whoever else goes in that slot, it's been awhile since I cared). RNG is implemented as a test roll (the random portion for the specific instance in question) vs. the probability range assignment for each option in the set. "Good" or "Bad" RNG is just the difference between the outcome and the expected outcome.

I haven't done tracking and I don't know the exact number, but I've been actively buying Poe shards for ~2 months, generally see three shop switches per day (so ~180 different shop instances) and I've seen him 7 or 8 times. I don't know if that's higher or lower than expected results (we don't know the expectation since it's not published), so I don't know if my RNG is "good" or "bad". My point is: why is the expectation of seeing Poe shards so low in the first place? Same holds with Paploo, Grievous, and any other higher value character shard in the revolving shops. There's nothing about the mechanics that I don't understand. There's a lot about why they're not doing small things to make the game more accessible that I don't understand.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Not at all what I was talking about. Bad RNG would be something like "there's a 50% probability that Poe shows up in this spot, but I haven't seen him in eight straight shop changes." I'm talking more about the fact that the actual probability of Poe showing up is much lower than that of Resistance X-Wing (or Paploo vs. whoever else goes in that slot, it's been awhile since I cared). RNG is implemented as a test roll (the random portion for the specific instance in question) vs. the probability range assignment for each option in the set. "Good" or "Bad" RNG is just the difference between the outcome and the expected outcome.

I haven't done tracking and I don't know the exact number, but I've been actively buying Poe shards for ~2 months, generally see three shop switches per day (so ~180 different shop instances) and I've seen him 7 or 8 times. I don't know if that's higher or lower than expected results (we don't know the expectation since it's not published), so I don't know if my RNG is "good" or "bad". My point is: why is the expectation of seeing Poe shards so low in the first place? Same holds with Paploo, Grievous, and any other higher value character shard in the revolving shops. There's nothing about the mechanics that I don't understand. There's a lot about why they're not doing small things to make the game more accessible that I don't understand.

Oh so instead of tracking or evidence you have feels. Well then
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @Gifafi Typical. Worthless comment designed to blame the player. I didn't state that I felt a certain way about any of it. The one empirical statement I made employed a caveat to indicate I didn't have "exact" numbers, but enough accuracy to imply the approximate rate of the target shard showing up in that slot in the shop, and the opinion that raising that percentage is an easy way to gain some good will with the player base.

I'm not sure why that's hard for you to understand. Maybe reading comprehension's an issue. Maybe it doesn't fit your narrative. Maybe the game is perfect for you just the way it is. Maybe you're in a bad mood and go to the default of being an internet sage without actually providing anything of value or substance to the conversation.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    @Gifafi Typical. Worthless comment designed to blame the player. I didn't state that I felt a certain way about any of it. The one empirical statement I made employed a caveat to indicate I didn't have "exact" numbers, but enough accuracy to imply the approximate rate of the target shard showing up in that slot in the shop, and the opinion that raising that percentage is an easy way to gain some good will with the player base.

I'm not sure why that's hard for you to understand. Maybe reading comprehension's an issue. Maybe it doesn't fit your narrative. Maybe the game is perfect for you just the way it is. Maybe you're in a bad mood and go to the default of being an internet sage without actually providing anything of value or substance to the conversation.
    Blame? Oh, you don’t feel a certain way about the alleged bad drop rates/shop chances, which is why you are complaining? You don’t have any evidence and refuse to track, but somehow have “accuracy” to “imply” the approximation of your feels. Good luck with that. Not sure if lame insults will help tho
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Blame? Oh, you don’t feel a certain way about the alleged bad drop rates/shop chances, which is why you are complaining?

I pretty clearly stated I think the probability of certain characters showing up in those slots inhibits enjoyment of the game for no clear reason. Call it a complaint if you want to. I call it an opportunity to communicate an easy way to improve our enjoyment of the game to its developers.
    Gifafi wrote: »
    You don’t have any evidence and refuse to track, but somehow have “accuracy” to “imply” the approximation of your feels.

Again, reading. I provided evidence. ~180 shop changes. ~7-8 appearances. It was all there in blue and white, just needed to read a little bit past "I haven't been tracking." Better to just tell me I feel like I only have ~50 shards (had some before I started). What does "evidence" mean to you? More evidence: I started with about the same number of Resistance X-Wing shards and stopped buying them a few weeks ago since I thought I was done. But sure, I can't tell you which toon was in the slot at the mid-day refresh on December 11th because I haven't been tracking.
    Good luck with that. Not sure if lame insults will help tho
    Sorry if you felt insulted. I didn't intend any of those to be insults. Apparently I'm not the only one that has feels.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    person

Untrue.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Blame? Oh, you don’t feel a certain way about the alleged bad drop rates/shop chances, which is why you are complaining?

I pretty clearly stated I think the probability of certain characters showing up in those slots inhibits enjoyment of the game for no clear reason. Call it a complaint if you want to. I call it an opportunity to communicate an easy way to improve our enjoyment of the game to its developers.
    You don’t have any evidence and refuse to track, but somehow have “accuracy” to “imply” the approximation of your feels.

Again, reading. I provided evidence. ~180 shop changes. ~7-8 appearances. It was all there in blue and white, just needed to read a little bit past "I haven't been tracking." Better to just tell me I feel like I only have ~50 shards (had some before I started). What does "evidence" mean to you? More evidence: I started with about the same number of Resistance X-Wing shards and stopped buying them a few weeks ago since I thought I was done. But sure, I can't tell you which toon was in the slot at the mid-day refresh on December 11th because I haven't been tracking.
    Good luck with that. Not sure if lame insults will help tho
    Sorry if you felt insulted. I didn't intend any of those to be insults. Apparently I'm not the only one that has feels.

yawn
  • Still no sighting...