Kit Reveal: General Hux

2Next

Replies

• Well, Hux may not be meant to be the one who elevates the FO, but it still hurts to read his kit and see that the most effort they put into is to specifically make Jedi Revan a weakness.
  • Hux... isn't he the elder brother of Ronald Weasley?
    :o
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Well, Hux may not be meant to be the one who elevates the FO, but it still hurts to read his kit and see that the most effort they put into is to specifically make Jedi Revan a weakness.

You're gonna have to help me out, here.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Wow, they couldn't manage a single Jedi rework, but here we get one of the lamest characters from the new movies with a Mary Sue kit instead. Great.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    Well, Hux may not be meant to be the one who elevates the FO, but it still hurts to read his kit and see that the most effort they put into is to specifically make Jedi Revan a weakness.

I don't have much experience with JKR, but my r7 Dooku wept actual tears at reading those lines in the kit-description.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Hux's kit feels like it was specifically designed in a way to enable JKR all the loopholes. I mean Hux's biggest weaknesses are as follows:

- Turnmeter Removal
    - Buff Immunity
    - Being Focuses through Taunt Ignore

And JKR has all 3 of those. Hux's Unique feels incredibly empty and easily counterable because it depends on him having Advantage, which can be entirely shut down by a buff immunity that you can't even cleanse. The only saving grace Hux would have is if he was fast, and I mean REALLY FAST.

I don't have much experience with JKR, but my r7 Dooku wept actual tears at reading those lines in the kit-description.

Only if Hux Leads, and as things seem to look right now, Hux will most likely only lead in raids for P2
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

Hux's kit feels like it was specifically designed in a way to enable JKR all the loopholes. I mean Hux's biggest weaknesses are as follows:

- Turnmeter Removal
    - Buff Immunity

And JKR has all 3 of those. Hux's Unique feels incredibly empty and easily counterable because it depends on him having Advantage, which can be entirely shut down by a buff immunity that you can't even cleanse. The only saving grace Hux would have is if he was fast, and I mean REALLY FAST.

I mean I guess, but those things are also pretty detrimental to like, every other character too. The only way this really seems unique to Hux is that taking crits will shut off his unique buff, and taunt-ignore makes it easy to just keep beating on him.

To your point about being "really fast" though, he does get lots of turn meter boosts from his own kit, plus FO is big on TM gains besides, so he's got that going for him.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

- Turnmeter Removal
    - Buff Immunity

I mean I guess, but those things are also pretty detrimental to like, every other character too. The only way this really seems unique to Hux is that taking crits will shut off his unique buff, and taunt-ignore makes it easy to just keep beating on him.

To your point about being "really fast" though, he does get lots of turn meter boosts from his own kit, plus FO is big on TM gains besides, so he's got that going for him.

I think he means being able to outspeed Revan, not continuous speed.
  • If JKR is being burned on FO - then that’s a win anyway as far as I’m concerned. Why is this even an issue?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Finally, 2 full team for FO.

And with 3 leaders there will be no problem for 3v3.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Turvantus wrote: »
    If JKR is being burned on FO - then that’s a win anyway as far as I’m concerned. Why is this even an issue?

With "Galactic Legend" Kylo and Rey on the way, it seems likely that FO and Resistance will become very prominent teams, so it's a legit concern.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• No tm gain if he has advantage, which he starts with 2 turns. Could almost flip the whole ewoks counter FO upside down
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    With "Galactic Legend" Kylo and Rey on the way, it seems likely that FO and Resistance will become very prominent teams, so it's a legit concern.

Those teams are still very valuable today. As you say; with the upcoming additions they’ll be in an even better place. Yet, one counter has people concerned already? To a further point, both FO and Resistance perform better from an offensive perspective. That goes for a lot of comps today, especially newer ones.

CG has multiple kits in a pigeonhole. HK - shutting down GMY for example. Just as CG has manipulated a lot of kit mechanics to function far better offensively, and so-so defensively. Don’t see how this is any different. Their goal is for people to pay for refreshes to climb.

Comp holds are very temporary now, and typically reserved for the well prepared and/or krakens who get that early jump on something new. Few months later equates to nothing holds.

• Dominance can be copied?
  • Poor grievous nuke can’t start with TM :(
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Poor grievous nuke can’t start with TM :(
    GG Nuke team won't have an issue beating FO with Hux because of the preloaded TM from bb8. GG can wipe out FO teams as is, and Hux doesn't provide much survivability

FO Sith Trooper gets bonus turns when a FO ally is defeated, but he's described as a glass cannon, so unless he can one shot GG on his bonus turn, I don't see him surviving two AOEs from GG
  • I wonder if there's something to his kit with kru and FOO. Make Hux and FOO super fast, have them both reduce kru's cooldowns so he can do his 2 turn irresistible stun over and over again. Still wouldn't work against meta stun immune teams, but would make them compete at the near-meta level.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Falco3 wrote: »
    I wonder if there's something to his kit with kru and FOO. Make Hux and FOO super fast, have them both reduce kru's cooldowns so he can do his 2 turn irresistible stun over and over again. Still wouldn't work against meta stun immune teams, but would make them compete at the near-meta level.
    Hux doesn’t have a meaningful way of getting Advantage buff other than crit on basic

KRU’s unique works well with Hux, in that regard. You need some toons to generate his advantage outside counter attacks from Dominance if you aren’t using Hux lead
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Poor grievous nuke can’t start with TM :(
    GG Nuke team won't have an issue beating FO with Hux because of the preloaded TM from bb8. GG can wipe out FO teams as is, and Hux doesn't provide much survivability

FO Sith Trooper gets bonus turns when a FO ally is defeated, but he's described as a glass cannon, so unless he can one shot GG on his bonus turn, I don't see him surviving two AOEs from GG

I would love to believe that SiT is a glass cannon, but armor is his only low stat on the defensive side. He ranks top 10 with highest base health pool. pre AND post relics.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I understand nerfing his unique but his lead also?
  • Lol this whole nerfing thing is so funny. You guys could also put some effort in hiding the fact that you never test stuff. Or maybe you could at least test new characters against the meta you don't want to touch, if not testing them in every context. Come on, guys, it's the basics.
  • Spoiler

I think CG should wait untill film release to drop characters .
    Those that see the new film should be confused by this kit.
  • This is a spoiler:

Hux doesn’t make sense! He should be released after Episode 7, but now!? A leader ability...? A spy with a leader ability? 😂😂
  • TROS SPOILERS
    To be fair it’s the movie that didn’t make sense, after the characterization of the character in 2 movies and various books and comics. CG did just fine, they couldn’t know in advance that TROS!Hux would be completely OOC...
  • Well, I think it's kinda odd that they put so much effort in his Leadership cause let's face it...
    The new Kylo Ren will be THE new Leader for the First Order so if Kylo doesn't have an ability to activate other FO allies leadership too....
    It seems illogiacal to put that much effort in an ability that won't be used that much...

Just my opinion though