Holy, too many vacant seats!

Prev134
For a blockbuster during Christmas, I thought it's too late for me to book a movie ticket. So first I check the cinema in my area and saw plenty of seats available.

Then, I check the CBD cinema in the metropolitan city I live in, still many seats available on Friday and Saturday evening.
fd6f01H.png
GJcCbgf.png

Either they chose the wrong time to release the movie, or SW has totally lost its charm.

Replies

• I probably will see it on Thursday and it seems there is no rush to secure a seat at all :#
  • The cinema may be hoarding all of its seats
  • The cinema may be hoarding all of its seats

Nope, all available for choosing. Release on 19th where I live.
  • Edward wrote: »
    The cinema may be hoarding all of its seats

You missed the joke
    The cinema may be hoarding all of its seats

You missed the joke

Check your area, maybe it’s similar :)
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    If I were you I'd hoard cinema tickets and only see the movie when it returns on the second run.
  • If I were you I'd hoard cinema tickets and only see the movie when it returns on the second run.

Nope, cinema tickets cost $, hoarding gear doesn’t, can actually help player save $
    If I were you I'd hoard cinema tickets and only see the movie when it returns on the second run.

Nope, cinema tickets cost $, hoarding gear doesn’t, can actually help player save $

I'm hoarding my cinema ticket money for the release of the Kenobi movie. Smart cinema goers like me know how to hoard.
    For a blockbuster during Christmas, I thought it's too late for me to book a movie ticket. So first I check the cinema in my area and saw plenty of seats available.

Then, I check the CBD cinema in the metropolitan city I live in, still many seats available on Friday and Saturday evening.
    fd6f01H.png
    GJcCbgf.png

Either they chose the wrong time to release the movie, or SW has totally lost its charm.

It’s because the last Jedi was a dumpster fire
  • Glad the film is starting at the 18th. I got my tickets already.

fd6f01H.png
    GJcCbgf.png

It’s because the last Jedi was a dumpster fire

I bought my ticket for Saturday over a week ago. Decent seats are basically sold out through the weekend. Apparently not all Star Wars fans agree.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I don't know where you guys live, but I bought them for Monday on the day after they went live. All other times before that was sold out.
  • WarGuy101 wrote: »
    I don't know where you guys live, but I bought them for Monday on the day after they went live. All other times before that was sold out.

I live in the largest city in an English speaking country, I also checked the CBD cinema, so many seats available on Friday & Saturday night. Not to mention Thursday, first day.
  • All articles on the internet seem to agree that Star Wars RoS is selling advance tickets at a rate few other films ever have.

Apparently the news aggregate Deadline claims RoS sold 45% more than Avengers Endgame, which suggests RoS will end up being the most heavily pre-booked movie ever.

It looks like the movie is going to do fine and is already selling quite well.

We will see, but I have never seen anything like this for other blockbusters in my city. At least the popular times would all sold out.

This movie, even the Luxury cinemas with less than 20 seats still have some unsold. Not to mention Vmax and Standard cinemas.
  • All articles on the internet seem to agree that Star Wars RoS is selling advance tickets at a rate few other films ever have.

Apparently the news aggregate Deadline claims RoS sold 45% more than Avengers Endgame, which suggests RoS will end up being the most heavily pre-booked movie ever.

It looks like the movie is going to do fine and is already selling quite well.

Didnt Captain Marvel sell a whole bunch of presale tickets then there were a ton of empty theaters that were sold out? Or all those tickets that got sold for under privileged girls? Whatever happened with that? Idk about Deadline, Im sure Ill hear about it later, but I was under the impression ROS presales were underwhelming.

The movies gonna make a billion dollhairs, the real questions tho in my opinion is will it sell more tickets than the Force Awakens? Will it generate ticket sales to Galaxys Edge? Will the action figures sell? Maybe I hang to much on the merchandise sales, but Georgie didnt make his money on the DVD sales of a new hope. Stop and ask yourself why is baby yoda merch not available till after Christmas? Cause everyone wants a baby Yoda, clearence stores indicate that not everyone wantted a rose tico, snoke, jyn erso, or bb8.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Sigh
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Sigh

The internet is interneting...
  • After the disaster that was The Last Jedi, I'm going to wait for a few reactions before i go. I'll still most likely go see it, but probably the week or two after on a matinee or something. I liked the force awakens, I loved Rogue 1, and I liked Solo (it wasn't great but it really wasn't bad either). The Last Jedi? (For me and my personal opinion) was worse than the Star Wars Christmas Special.
  • I’m waiting for Edward to pop up and tell you to watch it second go around,but he will still unlock as he is prepared
  • Star Wars has lost a little bit, but I think the main reason that we'll never see the lines like what we saw with the original trilogy is that so many can now just download it and watch at home.
    Granted I saw the first 6 in the theatre (SW & Empire in the double feature release in the theater in 1980)as well as Rogue One and they were amazing.
    Both of the new ones I saw on an airplane, and maybe that's why I was so "meh". But I think with home cinemas now, it's as close as you can get to the theater, and they say why put up with the fuss?
    Or it could just be that everyone thought they'd be sold out right away and are waiting.
  • Call me crazy but normal/regular people don't like to get lectured on identity politics, so...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Call me crazy but normal/regular people don't like to get lectured on identity politics, so...

relevance?

rtt: I'm waiting to see if they nerf it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Who has time to see a movie late on a Thursday? Some of us work the next day.

Go watch on Saturday like a normal person.

Also, unrelated, but I hate seat reservations. Get there early to get a good seat. Reservations just encourage people to come later.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I just bought 2 tickets for Thursday 10 pm
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Surely the movie must suck if there are still seats available. I would reconsider going if i found out i could still go.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    NicWester wrote: »
    Who has time to see a movie late on a Thursday?
    NicWester wrote: »
    Get there early to get a good seat.

Who has time to get there early? Some of us have better things to do than stand around in line.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Call me crazy but normal/regular people don't like to get lectured on identity politics, so...

:eyeroll:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I’ll wait for it to come out on VHS lol
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    I’ll wait for it to come out on VHS lol

tl6hg2f9hj1f.png
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q