Holy, too many vacant seats!

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Call me crazy but normal/regular people don't like to get lectured on identity politics, so...

:eyeroll:

Completely off topic but when I first saw your post I thought you wrote eggroll for some reason
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Edward wrote: »
    WarGuy101 wrote: »
    I don't know where you guys live, but I bought them for Monday on the day after they went live. All other times before that was sold out.

I live in the largest city in an English speaking country, I also checked the CBD cinema, so many seats available on Friday & Saturday night. Not to mention Thursday, first day.

You do realize that big cities have a bunch of theaters and that most theaters will add extra showings to big movies like this, right? The only way for a theater to have that many seats is if they canceled a showing of something else and added a screen to EP 9. It hasn't lost its charm, you just have zero idea what you're talking about.
  • It lost its charm when Disney took over. The only real Star Wars fans are those who have boycotted the Disney films.
  • I’m going to watch all of this part of the trilogy on Wednesday night/early hours of Thursday, about 9 hours of film, it’s sold out.

Still no Edward, I’m disappointed..
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    The only real Star Wars fans are those who have boycotted the Disney SWGOH game
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Gifafi wrote: »

but made a forum account to tell us about it nontheless. Everyone else doesn't get to call themself a SW fan if it were up to me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • HankShank wrote: »
    It lost its charm when Disney took over. The only real Star Wars fans are those who have boycotted the Disney films.

Have you ever noticed the Disney logo when swgoh boots up? Or is that not included on the Real Fan application?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Managed to find a whole empty seating this Saturday.

Guess nobody cares anymore
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Managed to find a whole empty seating this Saturday.

Guess nobody cares anymore

Well the entire plot was leaked 3 months ago.... that will have consequences.... and thats normally box office related.

There was always a chance those leaks were false... but they could be true too

I wont comment on which are or arent based on the ones from the premiere.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

The only real fans are those who take the Gospel of Edward seriously! C'mon!
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • All articles on the internet seem to agree that Star Wars RoS is selling advance tickets at a rate few other films ever have.

Apparently the news aggregate Deadline claims RoS sold 45% more than Avengers Endgame, which suggests RoS will end up being the most heavily pre-booked movie ever.

It looks like the movie is going to do fine and is already selling quite well.

It was later discovered that Dave Filoni, JJ Abrams, and Kathleen Kennedy used a shell company to purchase millions of tickets nationwide to ensure the movie's place on the top of the box office charts.
  • The shows at my local theater are all pretty much 80 to 90% sold, including the 3D shows. Essentially only the front two rows left in 100 to 200 seat theaters.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Call me crazy but normal/regular people don't like to get lectured on identity politics, so...

Completely off topic but when I first saw your post I thought you wrote eggroll for some reason

Yum.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dunno where the op lives but I bought mine an hour after they became available and almost all the seats through opening weekend at all cinemas near me were sold out
  • Have you ever noticed the Disney logo when swgoh boots up? Or is that not included on the Real Fan application?
    Not sure what the relevance of the Disney logo is in the splash screen of the game app. That's there for copyright purposes, it is not a "Disney" game.

It lost its charm when Disney took over. The only real Star Wars fans are those who have boycotted the Disney films.

Imagine being such an angry weirdo that you need to yell about "being a real fan" on an internet forum about a game, about a movie, about space wizards with laser swords.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Imagine being such an angry weirdo that you need to yell about "being a real fan" on an internet forum about a game, about a movie, about space wizards with laser swords.
    Who's yelling?

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    HankShank wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Who's yelling?

Whining?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Whining?
    Better!

• NicWester wrote: »
    Who has time to see a movie late on a Thursday? Some of us work the next day.

Go watch on Saturday like a normal person.

Also, unrelated, but I hate seat reservations. Get there early to get a good seat. Reservations just encourage people to come later.

Reservations mean I don't have to stand in a line wasting multiple hours of my life for no good reason.

(I also don't do black friday shopping at the store).

• Fanatic wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Who has time to see a movie late on a Thursday? Some of us work the next day.

Go watch on Saturday like a normal person.

Also, unrelated, but I hate seat reservations. Get there early to get a good seat. Reservations just encourage people to come later.

Reservations mean I don't have to stand in a line wasting multiple hours of my life for no good reason.

(I also don't do black friday shopping at the store).

Ya, its all relative. Get to the theater early and waste my time or hop online and purchase tickets immediately as they come out. Oh wait, one option wastes one's time and one doesn't....
  • Booked my tickets last week, cinema e-mailed today to inform me the last 40 mins wont be shown unless I pay a further £19.99, but they will throw in some popcorn, a drink and a bag of revels
  • SJW fans... gotta love them and don't get me started when they get triggered and "offended" :D so funny, sad and pathetic at the same time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    SJW fans... gotta love them and don't get me started when they get triggered and "offended" :D so funny, sad and pathetic at the same time.

i mean, doesn't it have to happen first in order for it to be funny? Sure, you can laugh at an imaginary group of people who in your mind are triggered and offended, but that kinda makes you look silly.
    Have you ever noticed the Disney logo when swgoh boots up? Or is that not included on the Real Fan application?
    Not sure what the relevance of the Disney logo is in the splash screen of the game app. That's there for copyright purposes, it is not a "Disney" game.

My apologies, I suppose I’m just ignorant of your pretentious rules of being a “real fan”
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    SJW fans... gotta love them and don't get me started when they get triggered and "offended" :D so funny, sad and pathetic at the same time.
    TVF wrote: »

• SJW fans... gotta love them and don't get me started when they get triggered and "offended" :D so funny, sad and pathetic at the same time.

My favorite is when "real" star wars fans get triggered and offended by the sequels because they claim they are written to prevent others from getting triggered and offended
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Read this thread. Look how divisive this movie already is...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Read this thread. Look how divisive this movie already is...

If you think this is divisive then you're not a real fan.
  • My favorite is when "real" star wars fans get triggered and offended by the sequels
    How about because they are garbage? If you consider yourself a Star Wars fan, you wouldn't be caught anywhere near the sequels.