Holy, too many vacant seats!

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    HankShank wrote: »
    My favorite is when "real" star wars fans get triggered and offended by the sequels
    How about because they are garbage? If you consider yourself a Star Wars fan, you wouldn't be caught anywhere near the sequels.

is talking online about the sequals considered to be anywhere near them?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    My favorite is when "real" star wars fans get triggered and offended by the sequels
    How about because they are garbage? If you consider yourself a Star Wars fan, you wouldn't be caught anywhere near the sequels.

Just a few clicks away, so I would say that they are near anyone, who is on the internet
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Just a few clicks away, so I would say that they are near anyone, who is on the internet

oof, that's bad news for star wars fans.
  • HankShank wrote: »

The only way to truly know if they are bad, you would have to watch them and thus be near them
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

The only way to truly know if they are bad, you would have to watch them and thus be near them

what if it is a really big screen but I am really far away?
  • The only way to truly know if they are bad, you would have to watch them and thus be near them
    Really? It must be difficult, living a life in which you must discover everything firsthand. Tell me, how was your trip to edge of the world?

Really? It must be difficult, living a life in which you must discover everything firsthand. Tell me, how was your trip to edge of the world?

Wait... you've declared the movies to be garbage without seeing them? 🤦‍♂️

I can respect the opinion of someone that has seen the movies even if I disagree with that opinion. This just leaves me speechless though.
  • Apparently a flat-earther as well, given that the world suddenly has edges.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Apparently a flat-earther as well, given that the world suddenly has edges.

a true "edge lord"
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Managed to find a whole empty seating this Saturday.

Guess nobody cares anymore
    I couldn't find a seat in my local area so I'll just sit on your face
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Managed to find a whole empty seating this Saturday.

Guess nobody cares anymore
    I couldn't find a seat in my local area so I'll just sit on your face

#iknewit
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Wait... you've declared the movies to be garbage without seeing them? 🤦‍♂️

I can respect the opinion of someone that has seen the movies even if I disagree with that opinion. This just leaves me speechless though.

This. how do you actually know they are bad? Because your one "fake" star wars fan friend said they were bad (can't be a "real" fan having seen the new movies :wink: )? or was it because some people wrote that they were bad online (while others said they were good)?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

He’s not telling us anything about the edge of the world. That’s the point.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • “Disney will ring out its $10 billion-plus global 2019 with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, in what is expected to be a $450M global opening.”

https://deadline.com/tag/disney/
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Open seats means nothing. The theater near me has 24 showings on Thursday night, including showings starting at 2 am (which yes, I realize is actually Friday). They don’t have to sell them all out to have huge sales.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »
    For a blockbuster during Christmas, I thought it's too late for me to book a movie ticket. So first I check the cinema in my area and saw plenty of seats available.

Then, I check the CBD cinema in the metropolitan city I live in, still many seats available on Friday and Saturday evening.
    fd6f01H.png
    GJcCbgf.png

Either they chose the wrong time to release the movie, or SW has totally lost its charm.

I think its the latter. Even the Disney shill critics that praised the last jedi have said the rise of skywalker is a bad movie - I think that speaks volumes in itself.

Doesn't surprise me the lack of seats being sold, but I bet Disney will pin it on something stupid like "star wars fatigue" because of the Mandalorian, lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    I’ll wait for it to come out on VHS lol

Mark Hamill posted on Twitter to wait to see TROS on cable, lol
  • Boo wrote: »

Fake news - he said "Or you could wait til it comes to cable."

#Facts
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Boo wrote: »

Fake news - he said "Or you could wait til it comes to cable."

#Facts

Its not fake news. The guy bought like 30 tickets and was all happy about it, then Mark replied and said - or you could wait for it on cable.

Where is the fake news? Lol.

I went to twitter and saw the post and interaction myself, lol.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Here is my screenshot directly from Twitter...

m5dum7g8xndi.jpg
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Context matters. That in no way means he thinks people should wait “to” see it on cable. It’s a snarky reply on how he could have saved money.

We're clearly looking at the same thing but seeing something different. I see the words "Or you could wait to see it on cable." and I think "the alternative to paying for tickets to see it in the theater would be to see it on cable, seems reasonable..."

You see the words "Or you could wait to see it on cable." and you think "Mark Hamill is telling someone to wait to see TROS on cable, lol!!!"

Which one of these interpretations is biased to you?

We're clearly looking at the same thing but seeing something different. I see the words "Or you could wait to see it on cable." and I think "the alternative to paying for tickets to see it in the theater would be to see it on cable, seems reasonable..."

You see the words "Or you could wait to see it on cable." and you think "Mark Hamill is telling someone to wait to see TROS on cable, lol!!!"

Which one of these interpretations is biased to you?

Yes, big difference between “or” and “to.”
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I think you are both splitting hairs to see what you want. His message is clear. Not a remark you would make for a movie that he should be "promoting".

I think that is the true context of the issue.

Additionally, if people like this guy are buying tickets in batches of 30 - why are there so many empty seats? lol.

I am sure if this continues, Disney will buy up seats, just like they did with Captain Marvel.
    I think you are both splitting hairs to see what you want. His message is clear. Not a remark you would make for a movie that he should be "promoting".
    Irony.
    (credit TVF for one word response)
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited December 2019

I think that is the true context of the issue.

Additionally, if people like this guy are buying tickets in batches of 30 - why are there so many empty seats? lol.

I am sure if this continues, Disney will buy up seats, just like they did with Captain Marvel.

Man, Hamill is saying you either drop the big bucks now on 32 tickets or you wait months and see it for free.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Irony.
    (credit TVF for one word response)

Irony that he seemingly puts down a movie he should be building up - ya Irony?

Do you have a credible source for this?

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Do you have a credible source for this?

Anecdotal
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    How do you post spoilers on here, doing the "hidden" thing???