Christmas "Gifts"

Replies

• Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    IT DOESN'T SAY GIFT WHAT IS HAPPENING itt???

You do know what it means when you put a word between asterisks, right?

you mean quotations, but yes, I do. I also know what it means when OP writes a sentence, in quotes, about gifts, and when multiple people itt are outraged that cg would have the audacity to offer packs. And those people called them gifts. so,

Wrong, absolutely wrong. That's no quote at all but irony and sarcasm. You totally missed the point of the whole conversation.

The problem with using quotes in this manner is that some readers assume you meant that CG called them gifts, which they did not, and thus you are perpetuating this misinformation. And that misinformation has lead to outrage in this thread against something that didnt even happen. Maybe you missed the point of the thread?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    The problem with using quotes in this manner is that some readers assume you meant that CG called them gifts, which they did not, and thus you are perpetuating this misinformation. And that misinformation has lead to outrage in this thread against something that didnt even happen. Maybe you missed the point of the thread?

You have seen the very first answer from @Nikoms565? Does this really look like a real quote? Or does my original post? If you try hard enough you can always read something into something.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

You have seen the very first answer from @Nikoms565? Does this really look like a real quote? Or does my original post? If you try hard enough you can always read something into something.

Its not me who can't tell its not a real quote, its the rest of the readers who havent read the in game messege who you have mislead into thinking CG called packs gifts. Sorry, but the evidence is in the thread:
    Malevolan wrote: »
    Not that I expect christmas gifts from CG, but advertising these packs as a sort of gift is a joke..
    Doneeta wrote: »
    "Gift", I don't think it means what CG thinks it means... or

The gift is for CG dev's as they get a nice bonus the more whales spend on these "amazing" packs.... whale harder to give the devs a nice gift for Christmas...
    APX_919 wrote: »
    If I buy them coal for Christmas and label it "Diamond Starter Kit", does that make it better? Because that's what these gifts seemingly amount to for me, shiny coal.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

you mean quotations, but yes, I do. I also know what it means when OP writes a sentence, in quotes, about gifts, and when multiple people itt are outraged that cg would have the audacity to offer packs. And those people called them gifts. so,

Wrong, absolutely wrong. That's no quote at all but irony and sarcasm. You totally missed the point of the whole conversation.

Read the thread, as I and others have said
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

I don't get it. What's ironic about the statement? And what are you being sarcastic about? I don't see where CG said, or even implied, that this was anything other than a standard holiday sale.

CG often communicates poorly and I'd be 100% behind you if I thought there was any way to read the announcement as an offering of gifts. But I just don't see it...
  • Options
    I went to Macy's for the holiday sale and they wanted money for stuff!

Being pedantic is not the same as being intelligent
  • Options
    Haha. So it's supposed to be ironic or sarcastic that the OP doesn't know what a holiday sale is, and entices outrage over nothing? Good gravy, you people just look for things to be mad about.
  • Options

And using a word doesn't mean you understand its meaning. Haha. Good show.
  • Options
    Being aggressively caustic over nothing is also not the same as being intelligent.

This is not a Christmas gift. It is not called a Christmas gift. It's a Christmas sale and is called a Christmas sale, same as most vendors are doing at this very moment.

That's not valid criticism. That's just bitterness. And calling someone out on it isn't pedantry. The OP's complaint is just completely baseless nonsense.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    That's not valid criticism. That's just bitterness. And calling someone out on it isn't pedantry. The OP's complaint is just completely baseless nonsense.

To each their own. For me their wording about this fantastic
    holiday bonanza!
    and offering it as part of their
    Festivities holiday sale
    just made the whole thing ridiculous why i called it their Christmas "Gift" to us players.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Give me a full kyro and the materials to make someone relic 5 at least. Thank you merry Christmas only if this happens CG otherwise choke on coal
  • Options
    What can I get for my money? Gameplay? Fun? Content?
    Or just some digital numbers again?
  • Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    What can I get for my money? Gameplay? Fun? Content?
    Or just some digital numbers again?

Well, if you put 5 of your best characters to r7, they will be eliminated not in the first turn, but in second in LS Geonosis. Definitely worth 100+$! CG consider it ‘fun’.
    Whale harder!
  • Options

holiday bonanza!
    Festivities holiday sale
    just made the whole thing ridiculous why i called it their Christmas "Gift" to us players.
    Really not worthy of ridicule. Go to your nearest mall right now and I'm sure you'll see all sorts of blowouts and extravaganzas and celebrations and bonanzas that are all sales to push product.

You're getting on their case over the fact they use marketing speech to market their holiday sale during the holidays.
    Give me a full kyro and the materials to make someone relic 5 at least. Thank you merry Christmas only if this happens CG otherwise choke on coal
    Seriously?

There will almost certainly be a Christmas bonus. Just because this specific single announcement is not about whatever that bonus will be doesn't mean it's not happening. Drop the tunnel vision and chill with the entitlement complex.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

holiday bonanza!
    Festivities holiday sale
    Really not worthy of ridicule. Go to your nearest mall right now and I'm sure you'll see all sorts of blowouts and extravaganzas and celebrations and bonanzas that are all sales to push product.

You're getting on their case over the fact they use marketing speech to market their holiday sale during the holidays.
    Seriously?

There will almost certainly be a Christmas bonus. Just because this specific single announcement is not about whatever that bonus will be doesn't mean it's not happening. Drop the tunnel vision and chill with the entitlement complex.

Lol
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

holiday bonanza!
    Festivities holiday sale

your very clear implication is that you are outraged and mocking cg's idea of a "Gift" to the players. The only problem is they never said it was a gift. At all. Anywhere. So even if your quotations can technically be seen as showing that you aren't saying they actually said it's a gift, where does that leave us? What was the point of the thread if not to mock cg's alleged idea of a gift? Which is, of course, what you just said. How "ridiculous" it is to label a sale "Holiday" or "Festive," right?

Also, they have given us nice christmas/holiday gifts in the past iirc, which makes your thread make even less sense. "Hey man, thanks for nothing! These are just offers to buy instead of the free stuff I want...that you will give us later." SO...

Not to mention the fact that good packs are a benefit (a gift, if you will lol) to players, much like good deals are a benefit to other types of consumers. There's a reason people shop at sales, savvy?
  • Options

holiday bonanza!
    Festivities holiday sale

your very clear implication is that you are outraged and mocking cg's idea of a "Gift" to the players. The only problem is they never said it was a gift. At all. Anywhere. So even if your quotations can technically be seen as showing that you aren't saying they actually said it's a gift, where does that leave us? What was the point of the thread if not to mock cg's alleged idea of a gift? Which is, of course, what you just said. How "ridiculous" it is to label a sale "Holiday" or "Festive," right?

Also, they have given us nice christmas/holiday gifts in the past iirc, which makes your thread make even less sense. "Hey man, thanks for nothing! These are just offers to buy instead of the free stuff I want...that you will give us later." SO...

Not to mention the fact that good packs are a benefit (a gift, if you will lol) to players, much like good deals are a benefit to other types of consumers. There's a reason people shop at sales, savvy?

The whole thread is about how they managed it to make their message sound like it is a "gift" (no quote, sarcasm!) to make these offers to the playerbase, almost like they blessed us with their generosity to allow us to buy more packs.
    These guys understood all of it:
    Spang wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    "Send us money!! Merry Christmas!!" :D

Only CG...

"As a gift to our loyal playerbase, we allow you to buy more packs for a (probably not) reasonable price. We hope that you haven't bought presents for your kids yet coz our stakeholders need them much more. Enjoy!"
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

holiday bonanza!
    Festivities holiday sale

The whole thread is about how they managed it to make their message sound like it is a "gift" (no quote, sarcasm!) to make these offers to the playerbase, almost like they blessed us with their generosity to allow us to buy more packs.
    These guys understood all of it:
    Spang wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    "Send us money!! Merry Christmas!!" :D

Only CG...

"As a gift to our loyal playerbase, we allow you to buy more packs for a (probably not) reasonable price. We hope that you haven't bought presents for your kids yet coz our stakeholders need them much more. Enjoy!"

you literally just proved my point. You inferred, for some reason, that CG's packs were "gifts" to the community, got mad about your idea of what the packs are, made a thread about it, and then just quoted someone saying so because they agreed with your false premise. gg

I just hope that when we get CG's actual gifts they don't come from their stakeholders' children, so we can "enjoy!"
  • Options
    @Gifafi
    1lkx5gs8wbkc.gif
    The thread is not about any real gifts from CG.
    The thread is not about getting mad for not getting any gifts.
    The thread is not about asking for any gifts.
    In fact it has nothing to do with any gifts at all from the past, for now, or in future. It is about how CG managed to make it look and sound like the packs are gifts to the people. This and only this. If you don't get it now i'm unable to help you understand.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    It is about how CG managed to make it look and sound like the packs are gifts to the people.

kjwvz7mnafaz.jpg

uv07kzemiktg.jpg

76cuv29vaivk.gif

You're upset because you feel that CG implied the thing that many retailers explicitly state during holiday sales? Oh my.
  • Options
    The thread is not about any real gifts from CG.
    The thread is not about getting mad for not getting any gifts.
    The thread is not about asking for any gifts.
    In fact it has nothing to do with any gifts at all from the past, for now, or in future. It is about how CG managed to make it look and sound like the packs are gifts to the people. This and only this. If you don't get it now i'm unable to help you understand.
    Just because your joke is both bad, unfunny, and unfair does not mean other people don't get it.

It's just a bad joke.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    They already gave us a gift... They are running a ton of events during Christmas week... Second running of all fleet mastery events, many of the assault battles, they just did credit heist yesterday and per the bots, the next credit heist is Monday again.

I'm happy with what cg is giving us for free already, why complain about them selling us more stuff?
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    It is about how CG managed to make it look and sound like the packs are gifts to the people.

kjwvz7mnafaz.jpg

uv07kzemiktg.jpg

76cuv29vaivk.gif

You're upset because you feel that CG implied the thing that many retailers explicitly state during holiday sales? Oh my.

Do not compare the entertainment industry to the fashion industry I see too many people comparing entertainmentand other businesses when they are completely different sectors.

For example Entertainment businesses sell entertainment, Fashion businesses sell brands. I know this is confusing because Disney sells Star Wars as a brand and not entertainment but remeber... just remember... Solo lost money...
  • Options
    Target is fashion industry? This entire thread is one of the strangest debates I’ve ever seen on here.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Target is fashion industry? This entire thread is one of the strangest debates I’ve ever seen on here.

Target must be an American thing don't know what it is I did state right after though "I see too many people comparing entertainmentand other businesses when they are completely different sectors." Still holds the same value when you swap out Fashion.
  • Options

Target must be an American thing don't know what it is I did state right after though "I see too many people comparing entertainmentand other businesses when they are completely different sectors." Still holds the same value when you swap out Fashion.

Target is a slightly upper-scale Walmart.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.