Best squads for phase 1 of heroic sith raid

It's been a while since my guild successfully cleared heroic sith raid and since then we've cleared it no problem albeit phase 1 with nihilus always slightly slowing us down a bit. However lately my guild has been taking a lot longer to complete phase 1 for reasons unknown. What used to take us maybe only 30 to 40 minutes to complete now can take up to nearly 4 hours to clear and this is just phase 1. I can understand bad timing of the raid or whatever but I'm considering looking into working on building up other squads to help make more progress. I typically run a resistance team with jedi training rey and do about 1.5 to 2 million damage on auto but what other squads are best for phase 1 of sith raid?

Replies

• Resistance is the way to go. Jedi Rey lead, R2, BB8, trooper and scav rey. DO NOT auto the phase. You must manually play it. https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/characters/?f=Resistance
    That is my resistance team. Check my stats out. I can normally take out 10% or more of phase 1 by myself.
  • Are you sure it's not just people sandbagging for a shot at p2? Nihilus is frustrating and unrewarding fight.
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    1.5 to 2 million damage on auto

I think you have self diagnosed the “unknown reasons”.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    resistance w/jtr c3 r2 rt/finn but rt is better imo bc of the cleanse
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
  • In all fairness my squads aren't in the best of shape. As a free to play gamer I can only do so much and lately I've been trying to keep up with my jedi revan squad since they are my everything squad right now while working on separatists for padme and geo territory battle. So yes my participation is lacking its moreso that I dont have other strong enough teams to add in for phase 1 and the feeling that only a few guild mates really put any effort into phase 1 because it seems like the same very few people put in the higher scores every run. Otherwise we clear phases 2 thru 4 no problem. I'm part of a guild with 48 members and we have a somewhat strict entry galactic power of like 3 million or more. My best guess is either the raid has gone stale for most of us or it's just bad timing but it just seems odd that it only started getting bad within the past 2 months give or take.
  • JTR, and then you want to hit the last 5-10% of the phase with JKR and then roll into p2 and do roughly the same or better damage there as well.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

A properly geared Finn does way more damage, and a JTR squad doesn't need a cleanse for multiple reasons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

A properly geared Finn does way more damage, and a JTR squad doesn't need a cleanse for multiple reasons.

why not? re: cleanse
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

C3: No attacks.
    BB8: Only attacks if called or counters, don't call BB8, counter doesn't occur enough with def down to matter.
    Finn: Special every turn.
    JTR: Alternate specials.
    R2: Alternate specials.

So only BB8 will every use basic with def down and it won't happen often. Meanwhile, you also get cleanses from JTR (self) and R2 (unique AOE cleanse).
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

C3: No attacks.
    BB8: Only attacks if called or counters, don't call BB8, counter doesn't occur enough with def down to matter.
    Finn: Special every turn.
    JTR: Alternate specials.
    R2: Alternate specials.

So only BB8 will every use basic with def down and it won't happen often. Meanwhile, you also get cleanses from JTR (self) and R2 (unique AOE cleanse).

sorry I meant cleanse on dn. what am I missing?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Oh my fault there, you did say cleanse with RT, which would mean on DN. I usually think of cleanse as removing debuffs on your own side, not removing buffs on the other side.

The buffs on DN don't matter much but JTR will constantly remove them anyway with her mind tricks special.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    fair enough
  • TVF wrote: »
    Oh my fault there, you did say cleanse with RT, which would mean on DN. I usually think of cleanse as removing debuffs on your own side, not removing buffs on the other side.

The buffs on DN don't matter much but JTR will constantly remove them anyway with her mind tricks special.

Another thing worth mentioning is that with 1 stack of Confuse from c3po prevents its target from gaining buffs, so if you're attacking correctly, you shouldn't even need to ever dispel(cleanse) DN since he'll always have confuse.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Forgot about that, good call. I worry so little about the buffs I hadn't even thought to account for that.
  • While JTR resistance is the gold standard team a couple of other teams that do well are:

Embo lead BH - this is almost the inverse of the JTR team. This is all about Embo's contract which works great on a raid boss with a big max protection number.

GMY lead Jedi - all the foresight, tenacity up and bonus TM from Yoda

zeta Padma lead gal republic, zeta lead protects you from the defense down, big damage from the stacks of courage
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    0stv7xc39sbf.png
  • I’ll add that my sep droid team has been surprisingly good in phase 1 for a million or 2
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not just people sandbagging for a shot at p2? Nihilus is frustrating and unrewarding fight.

Yeah, my R6/R7 CLS team gets 4-6 million on Nihilus. I do it cause my guild has sandbaggers.
  • I am thinking Wedge has a good lead for it.
  • willennium wrote: »

Another thing worth mentioning is that with 1 stack of Confuse from c3po prevents its target from gaining buffs, so if you're attacking correctly, you shouldn't even need to ever dispel(cleanse) DN since he'll always have confuse.

If you time it right, you can get 2-3 stacks
  • Saada wrote: »
    0stv7xc39sbf.png

Nice!