EP 9 Big Plot Hole? (Spoilers)

If Palpatine was all the Sith and Rey all the Jedi and Palps got killed does that mean all Sith are gone for good? And if yes how brings this balance to the force?
"Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
- Grand Admiral Thrawn

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    EP 9 Big Plot Hole?

No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    EP 9 Big Plot Hole?

No.

So how does it fit?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Episode 9 remade the Force again and no one seemed to care. There are major plot holes in the movie and most just over look them.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Can anyone explain how the ancient Sith dagger, with ancient runes and the retractable piece, is a map.....to something that just fell to the planet's surface 30 years ago?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how the ancient Sith dagger, with ancient runes and the retractable piece, is a map.....to something that just fell to the planet's surface 30 years ago?

A predetermined breaking point for the Deathstar? I don't know..
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how the ancient Sith dagger, with ancient runes and the retractable piece, is a map.....to something that just fell to the planet's surface 30 years ago?

Did they say it was ancient? It may have had old runes, but I don’t remember them saying the dagger it self was ancient.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Did they say it was ancient? It may have had old runes, but I don’t remember them saying the dagger it self was ancient.

Alternatively, could it be that the Death star was designed based on the map? As in, the throne room was placed at that exact spot based on this old relic? Seems possible since the map was just based on the curvature of the death star ruins
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I said on another thread, it's like a 4 year old stole the idea to a game rewrote the rules so he wins all the time, he then continues to tell you that the game is fair and you should keep playing. Uhhhh sorry bud I am tapping out on the movies!
  • I wrote an email to Bob Iger, I hope he reads it.
  • 7thru9suck wrote: »
    I wrote an email to Bob Iger, I hope he reads it.

Hopefully you put more thought into that email than you have in your moody teenager ramblings on this forum.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    7thru9suck wrote: »
    I wrote an email to Bob Iger, I hope he reads it.

Same
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    See, J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson made this trilogy just to tick you fools off. They know it all seems ridiculous; they also know that the general public doesn’t care about plot holes, and that the trilogy is enjoyable if you step away from the nitpicking. They are making a point, and the nerds are too blind with rags to realize it.
  • 7thru9suck wrote: »
    I said on another thread, it's like a 4 year old stole the idea to a game rewrote the rules so he wins all the time, he then continues to tell you that the game is fair and you should keep playing. Uhhhh sorry bud I am tapping out on the movies!

Didn't you self implode in that other thread and cancel Disney + ?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think the dagger was old but the inscription was made recently

Probs to have Kylo one day find it and go to Exogul when he was ready
  • I have come to the conclusion that Disney thinks Star Wars fans are dumb and will buy into anything. Apparently from the reviews I would say they are correct.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion that Disney thinks Star Wars fans are dumb and will buy into anything. Apparently from the reviews I would say they are correct.

That’s a bold statement. I disagree.
  • Then how did you buy into Episode 9? It was a mess and goes against everything before it.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Then how did you buy into Episode 9? It was a mess and goes against everything before it.

I just enjoyed it. I don’t specifically enjoy any certain part of it that might be “lore breaking”, I just happened to enjoy the movie. Also, it was supposed to be a feel good movie. Not an accurate space drama.
  • So when do we get balance with the Force? Episode 10?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    So when do we get balance with the Force? Episode 10?

We did.
    Rey buries it all at the end. (Quite literally!) It signified the end of an era. She picks up a guardians saber (I’m assuming), clearly ready to protect the legacy of Luke and Leia. She ended “all the Sith”, and is putting all the Jedi to bed. Thus, balance.
  • She is a Jedi who use the light side if the Force so no balance.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Two things:
    The end signifies, as I said, that Rey is putting all of that behind her. She’s balancing herself in a way.
    If it doesn’t make sense to you with this movie, then Return of the Jedi’s ending also makes no sense.
  • ROTJ ended without balance as well. This one could have easily but failed.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Two things:
    The end signifies, as I said, that Rey is putting all of that behind her. She’s balancing herself in a way.
    If it doesn’t make sense to you with this movie, then Return of the Jedi’s ending also makes no sense.

So she ended all the Sith with killing Palpatine and buried all the Jedi with Lukes and Leias lightsabers? And after that she's starting some new order with grabbing another lightsaber, where everyone is a balanced force user from the start and to all eternity? I mean this sounds absurd but is still better storytelling than TLJ..
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    ROTJ ended without balance as well. This one could have easily but failed.

I would argue that it’s a better attempt at balance. That, or that the prophecy of the chosen one was never about the Jedi and the Sith at all.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    Two things:

So she ended all the Sith with killing Palpatine and buried all the Jedi with Lukes and Leias lightsabers? And after that she's starting some new order with grabbing another lightsaber, where everyone is a balanced force user from the start and to all eternity? I mean this sounds absurd but is still better storytelling than TLJ..
    No. The all the sith / jedi is a figure of speech since Rey was supposedly the last of the jedi, and Palpatine was the last of the Sith. The culmination of Jedi/Sith came down to those two

Don't think too much into that dialogue by Palpatine other than hyperbole
  • Nope, they were all in him. Go watch it again.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    She is a Jedi who use the light side if the Force so no balance.

Exactly! lol

ST lovers say ROTJ wasn't balancing the force as Luke was a sole-surviving and self-proclaimed Jedi, therefore no balance.

Yet Rey defeats the sith and is a self-proclaimed and sole-surviving Jedi and apparently this equals balance?

Hahahahahahahaha.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Nihion wrote: »
    Two things:

But this was exactly what Luke did in ROTJ. Anakin was redeemed through love - an emotion the Jedi forbid, and they could not fathom Anakin could be redeemed and needed to be destroyed.

Luke's love saved his father, and Anakin's love saved Luke allowing him to then destroy Palpatine.

The Jedi teach "There is no emotion, there is peace", while the Sith teach "Through passion, I gain strength", but through your passion you gain peace and that was the balance that Luke learned.

He never followed Obi Wan or Yoda's instruction to kill Vader. He was better than that and saw through the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi.

That was the whole point!

He was then to go forward and teach a new generation of balanced Jedi - "pass on what YOU have learned" not what he was taught.

"We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters." - What Yoda says to Luke in TLJ, but Luke had already grown beyond the Jedi of the Republic era and Yoda.

The ST just takes everything Luke accomplished in the OT and slaps Rey's name on it instead of Luke's, in a very rushed and illogical Mary Sue way - that doesn't grow the story of Star Wars at all.

What has Rey done that is any different? NOTHING, is there any point to the story of the sequel trilogy? NO.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the worst part is when rey called herself rey skywalke at the end. the rise of shywalker is kylo not rey. also, they both should have lived. other than that pretty good movie imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you