answer to TB rotations is not answer to the question that was asked

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    I ran out of popcorn a few pages ago :(
  • Tantenma wrote: »
    I'm not normally one to defend the devs, but they arent forcing you to do anything. If your guild has CHOSEN to do LS Hoth, instead of; getting more Crystals, better gear & more Get2 currency... From just deploying alone? I appreciate you're saying it's not fun to do that, but I'd rather roster dump and improve my toons than auto through battles I could mangle 2 mill GP ago.

Your time to get IPD is during the galactic bounties/by CHOOSING DS Hoth when it comes around. I havent even unlocked IPD and it would benefit me aswell, but I'm not crying over it because I'm getting better rewards etc elsewhere.

Also, why are you even mad that you'll more than likely get between 6-7k of GETs, Crystal's & shard store currency from the ROLO mission? You're still getting rewarded by playing LS Hoth.

Because a lot of ppl would much more prefer to do Geo DS and Hoth DS on rotation since Hoth DS is harder than Hoth LS, but we cant. As some pointed out, the TB progression by difficulty is:

LS Hoth -> DS Hoth -> Geo DS -> Geo LS

By enforcing LS/DS rotations, guilds can one week pick from middle difficulty DS and second week pick the hardest or easiest one LS.

If you are in guild with 150mil and less. You can get like 6* from Geo LS compared to 40+ stars from Hoth with no play to do in 6 days, less crystals, 6500-7000 GET1+GET2 compared to more then 9000 GET1 (special missions). And maybe chance on better gear since we cant really compare boxes. So getting better rewards is debatable.

But this all thread is not about us crying, but as wanting them to actually answer question they promised to answer, because it was misunderstood the first time answered as completely different question during Q&A.

If you think it is bad to remind person about question he promised you to answer than please explain why?
  • Tantenma wrote: »
    I'm not normally one to defend the devs, but they arent forcing you to do anything. If your guild has CHOSEN to do LS Hoth, instead of; getting more Crystals, better gear & more Get2 currency... From just deploying alone? I appreciate you're saying it's not fun to do that, but I'd rather roster dump and improve my toons than auto through battles I could mangle 2 mill GP ago.

Your time to get IPD is during the galactic bounties/by CHOOSING DS Hoth when it comes around. I havent even unlocked IPD and it would benefit me aswell, but I'm not crying over it because I'm getting better rewards etc elsewhere.

Also, why are you even mad that you'll more than likely get between 6-7k of GETs, Crystal's & shard store currency from the ROLO mission? You're still getting rewarded by playing LS Hoth.

I don't think that's why people are upset here. They're upset because the Devs misunderstood a question, gave an answer that was unrelated, then said they would update and have not. No one is saying we are forced to choose anything, they are just asking if we can have more options to choose so that guilds can better play the version of TB they feel better suits them at their point in time. No one is asking for more rewards or complaining about getting less, they just want the questions answered whether or not it's possible to be able to better choose.
  • Col_Janson wrote: »
    Good morning @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

Can we please get an update regarding this question before your holiday break? It has been more than enough time to give an answer.

To reiterate the question, can guilds have the opportunity to choose between 3 different TBs each rotation?
    LS Hoth, DS Hoth, DS Geo for 1 rotation.
    LS Hoth, DS Hoth, LS Geo for the other rotation.

This way, guilds can consistently have content to engage in that is closer to their level of GP.

No, no and no. This is why nothing ever gets done. There is no way they are ever going to let people just do dark side hoth. Or light side hoth.....or whatever. Thats not what people are asking for. What people want is for the natural progression of the game to be followed. LS hoth, DS Hoth, DS Geo, LS Geo.

So to reiterate, what we are asking for is:

TB1: Choice of LS Hoth, DS Geo
    TB 2: Choice of DS Hoth, LS Geo

Thats it....end of story. Easy as can be.

• I am sorry Oaktree, that was not the question I was asking. I AM asking to be allowed to make a choice. But CG will answer how they want too.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Oaktree168 wrote: »
    Col_Janson wrote: »
    Good morning @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

Can we please get an update regarding this question before your holiday break? It has been more than enough time to give an answer.

To reiterate the question, can guilds have the opportunity to choose between 3 different TBs each rotation?
    LS Hoth, DS Hoth, DS Geo for 1 rotation.
    LS Hoth, DS Hoth, LS Geo for the other rotation.

This way, guilds can consistently have content to engage in that is closer to their level of GP.

No, no and no. This is why nothing ever gets done. There is no way they are ever going to let people just do dark side hoth. Or light side hoth.....or whatever. Thats not what people are asking for. What people want is for the natural progression of the game to be followed. LS hoth, DS Hoth, DS Geo, LS Geo.

So to reiterate, what we are asking for is:

TB1: Choice of LS Hoth, DS Geo
    TB 2: Choice of DS Hoth, LS Geo

Thats it....end of story. Easy as can be.

Yeah, this. Let’s not confuse it by opening up the possibility of 3 options, which probably involves a code changes and additional consideration. Stick with just shuffling the schedule to something that allows better progression.

Current options look like this:

TB 1:
    LS Hoth (easy Hoth, #4 overall TB difficulty)
    or
    LS Geo (hard Geo, #1 overall TB difficulty)

TB 2:
    DS Hoth (hard Hoth, #3 overall TB difficulty)
    or
    DS Geo (easy Geo, #2 overall TB difficulty)

A proper progression would allow you to alternate running #4 and #3 difficulty together, then progress to running #3 and #2 together, and finally running #2 and #1 together.

That can’t be done in the current configuration. Simply swapping LS and DS Geo in the schedule would allow it, so we have:

TB 1: LS Hoth or DS Geo
    TB 2: DS Hoth or LS Geo

That’s the main ask here.
  • Firebrigade, Oaktree168...
    You guys realise this entire thread is to get an answer to Col_Janson's proposal?
    Not some other options but his exact question that was misunderstood during the Q&A.

Not saying your ideas don't have merit, but don't say "That's not what people are asking for" because it is EXACTLY what has been asked for on this occasion. 😇
  • I have a new question? Will CG be closed until January for the holidays?

If so I need to add crumbs response to my Christmas list before I mail it to the North pole of Hoth tonight.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Firebrigade, Oaktree168...
    You guys realise this entire thread is to get an answer to Col_Janson's proposal?
    Not some other options but his exact question that was misunderstood during the Q&A.

Not saying your ideas don't have merit, but don't say "That's not what people are asking for" because it is EXACTLY what has been asked for on this occasion. 😇

Yeah, I understand exactly what Col asked in the first question, but if you notice all the way back to the first page there was discussion around what I said above - not just being able to choose between 3. We’re going to be much more likely to get them to adjust if it’s just a scheduling change rather than what could be a potential coding change to make 3 TBs available at the same time.

Separate note, Col and I are officers in the same guild collective. I think we can work things out without someone else jumping in to defend him 😜
  • Firebrigade, Oaktree168...

Yes....I understand thats what you and others have asked for. Unfortunately the likelihood of that I feel is slim to none (and I would agree with them if they said no). While this all may be ancient content for those of us talking the thread, there are plenty of guilds out there that can still not full clear LS Hoth.

And I'll give you a great example. I have an alt in a 150 mil guild, but only about 20 people can do the missions where the hoth brothers are required. People just never bothered to farm them. Allow people to just choose one TB all of the time and people will NEVER farm them. Granted, they are worthless characters, but CG put the gates in long ago and to an extent they still need to be followed.

Remember, there are people out there that may have only been playing this game for maybe a year or so. They are going through the same progressions we went through. I do not believe (and this is my opinion) that CG is going to allow players to bypass those mechanics by letting them pick and choose what they want. And if they did so, they would essentially be killing of portions of the game.

So I understand what he is asking for. I understand why he is asking for it. But unfortunately, if you are looking at the game as a whole and not just your guild, I do not believe your chances are good. I just dont think they are going to let people singularly focus on a portion of the game.

On the other hand, asking CG to allow players to follow the difficulty progression they layed out makes a ton of sense. And all it requires is a shuffling of content. No coding and most importantly, no having to consider the multitude of outcomes that would occur if they did just allow people to singularly choose. And it essentially accomplishes the same thing. So again:

TB 1: LS Hoth or DS Geo
    TB 2: DS Hoth or LS Geo

@Firebrigade Love that you get it. Thank you
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It has been 16 calendar days since the "I'll see if I can get an updated answer for this" message, do you think its possible we can get the updated answer before the next Q&A?
  • Maybe we'll get an answer as a Christmas present?
  • What a joke crumb..... way to manage the community. And you guys wonder why this place is so toxic all the time, try following through for once or maybe even just a “I’m still trying to get an answer, sorry I ghosted you guys for a couple weeks”.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    What a joke crumb..... way to manage the community. And you guys wonder why this place is so toxic all the time, try following through for once or maybe even just a “I’m still trying to get an answer, sorry I ghosted you guys for a couple weeks”.

https://youtu.be/usGQjN87BUA
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Is it lunch time again?
  • Maybe for New Year's?
  • Maybe for New Year's?

Don't hold your breath.
  • What a joke crumb..... way to manage the community. And you guys wonder why this place is so toxic all the time, try following through for once or maybe even just a “I’m still trying to get an answer, sorry I ghosted you guys for a couple weeks”.

When someone selects the name crumb for their forum alias, you have to expect them to be crumby at their job.
  • Omg, this thread is absolutely hilarious. Another post that helps to prove the point that CG does not care about answering community questions/concerns. This is completely predictable and comically pathetic at the same time.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat
  • Mitch08 wrote: »
    Maybe for New Year's?

Don't hold your breath.

I can see them making this the New Year's resolution to answer this question in 2020 :disappointed:
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Omg, this thread is absolutely hilarious. Another post that helps to prove the point that CG does not care about answering community questions/concerns. This is completely predictable and comically pathetic at the same time.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

Wasted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • All that matters is that they spent 15 minutes talking about artwork 😂

Didn't they say in one of the previous Q&A's that they'd focus more on art stuff? CG priorities...

Also funny how in the first 15-30min (?) of the last Q&A there were 0 answers in the "content" area but already like 8 answers with 20 paragraph long essays in the "art" area :D
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    All that matters is that they spent 15 minutes talking about artwork 😂

Didn't they say in one of the previous Q&A's that they'd focus more on art stuff? CG priorities...

Also funny how in the first 15-30min (?) of the last Q&A there were 0 answers in the "content" area but already like 8 answers with 20 paragraph long essays in the "art" area :D

They aren't looking to answer any difficult questions. It's the same tired responses every QnA, if the hard questions are even addressed at all. Then they wonder why the community has such a negative view of them.
  • A long time ago in a post far, far away a question was asked.
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Hoping we get an answer to this in the new year.
  • this is great. CG ghosting and now people seem confused about what this thread is even about lol
  • Slayvoff wrote: »
    this is great. CG ghosting and now people seem confused about what this thread is even about lol

Can you really say they are ghosting when that crumby cm posted the calendar

Nope they just choose to ignore this question.
This discussion has been closed.