Best Star Wars Trilogy

Prev1
What was your guy's favourite star wars trilogy?

Best Star Wars Trilogy 52 votes

Original Trilogy
69%
Dal_ZubaBoba_The_FetterBooSnake2jedikilla84ZAPJacenRoeObiMagniiChucko_marekRavenclawsMaddwarfWarGuy101RichfxxxHowlerdarthAmmuzQuiGonFishingAleSahnDroh_1979thecarterologist958SithViciousKelarn 36 votes
Prequel Trilogy
21%
trevyclauseKrokovichZaraosDeathbringer59Salatious_ScrumMagicMatthews99NihionJ0hnMurphyDarthVeritlynkhelzacclubgolf 11 votes
Sequel Trilogy
9%
StarSonTech713Baby_YodaSlay17AnnaGrace 5 votes

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Original Trilogy
    This is a no brainer. Same with the PT coming in as second best as the above poll currently shows.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Prequel Trilogy
    It’s a no brainer because the most invested people play this game, which are typically older or younger OT fans.
  • Prequel Trilogy
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

Not because I think anything bad of the OT. Obviously they are incredible. I just prefer the PT since that is what I grew up with. And I'm just loving the ST.
  • Sequel Trilogy
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

Not because I think anything bad of the OT. Obviously they are incredible. I just prefer the PT since that is what I grew up with. And I'm just loving the ST.

Yeah I didn't grow up in the OT times so I never really watched it.

Until disney+ came and improved the graphics I couldn't bare to watch it.

Now its aight.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

Now its aight.

Zoomer
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

What.
  • Sequel Trilogy
    TVF wrote: »
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

What.

Disney plus improved the graphics of the old star wars films.
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

Now its aight.

Zoomer

Boomer
  • Original Trilogy
    I enjoy both the OT and PT, OT just a little bit more. ST is fine, but I don’t like it as much as the other two.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

What.

Wrong.
  • Original Trilogy
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

Now its aight.

Ewh.
  • Sequel Trilogy
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

What.

Wrong.

Yes they made it 4k. Do your research.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techradar.com/amp/news/the-star-wars-original-trilogy-is-in-4k-with-dolby-vision-hdr-on-disney-plus
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

What.

Wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techradar.com/amp/news/the-star-wars-original-trilogy-is-in-4k-with-dolby-vision-hdr-on-disney-plus

That's not what "improved graphics" means when discussing the original trilogy. Do some research yourself SG.
  • Sequel Trilogy
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

What.

Wrong.

That's not what "improved graphics" means when discussing the original trilogy. Do some research yourself SG.

Basically same thing :p.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    1. PT
    2. ST
    3. OT

What.

Wrong.

Basically same thing :p.

source.gif
  • Original Trilogy
    My favorite trilogy is the original one (which I believe is best enjoyed in a fan edit known as the despecialized edition). But I will say this for the prequels: they are by far the best SW movies in terms of world building. Especially when one adds the Clone Wars show to the picture, the prequel era gave us the richest, most ambitious and most complete Star Wars world to date. Also the most morally ambiguous one, I might add.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    My favorite trilogy is the original one (which I believe is best enjoyed in a fan edit known as the despecialized edition).

Absolutely!

Point of record though, it's technically not a fan edit. It's a restoration of the originals as seen in the theaters in 1977, 1980, and 1983.
  • Prequel Trilogy
    My favorite trilogy is the original one (which I believe is best enjoyed in a fan edit known as the despecialized edition). But I will say this for the prequels: they are by far the best SW movies in terms of world building. Especially when one adds the Clone Wars show to the picture, the prequel era gave us the richest, most ambitious and most complete Star Wars world to date. Also the most morally ambiguous one, I might add.

I agree with this as well. The OT is by far the best trilogy in terms of story and characters. But for me, the PT is the best Star Wars trilogy. And the ST might even be the most entertaining trilogy for me. It all depends on the question.
  • Original Trilogy
    My favorite trilogy is the original one (which I believe is best enjoyed in a fan edit known as the despecialized edition).

Absolutely!

Point of record though, it's technically not a fan edit. It's a restoration of the originals as seen in the theaters in 1977, 1980, and 1983.

I never understood how George Lucas could go against his own words of "altering your art to satisfy the people." his remastering did just that (with Han dodging a laser blast - even for a master jedi impossible)

I remember seeing the original double release of ANH and ESB as a little girl, and I loved it. I then saw them in the rereleases before TPM and while some of the special effects were better, they didn't really improve on the story, and in some cases took away from it.

I would love to have the original releases on dvd...
  • Original Trilogy
    The originals were never released on DVD without the changes George made. You have to find them on VHS then convert yourself somehow not even sure if you can find one these days......
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    7thru9suck wrote: »
    The originals were never released on DVD without the changes George made. You have to find them on VHS then convert yourself somehow not even sure if you can find one these days......

Both of these statements are untrue.

He released very terrible quality DVDs as bonus disks to a previous DVD release.

You need to Google Despecialized to find high quality ones.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Original Trilogy
    The original trilogy has its plot holes and Issues, but it’s a good story with good characters.

The prequel trilogy was a good story poorly executed. There are some great characters, but they were forced to deliver some of the worst dialogue ever uttered on screen. If Lucas had let someone else help with that part then they could have been fantastic.

The sequel trilogy is a terrible story with forgettable characters. Every movie was worse than the last for me. I detest them with every fiber of my being, and they’ actually managed to ruin Star Wars for me. After Attack of the Clones (which was the prequel I hated the most) I could still watch the old movies and enjoy them. That was before the sequels disrespected and destroyed them. Now when I watch Luke stake his life on his principles and Vader sacrifice himself for his son all I think is that Vader accomplished nothing because the Emperor is fine, and Luke will one day throw everything he believes out the window.

Not that my only hatred for the sequels is that it destroys everything good about Star Wars. I could write a book about why there are a trash fire in their own right. But I can’t escape that by just not watching them. I can’t enjoy something that I used to love anymore either.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    K
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    The original trilogy has its plot holes and Issues, but it’s a good story with good characters.

The prequel trilogy was a good story poorly executed. There are some great characters, but they were forced to deliver some of the worst dialogue ever uttered on screen. If Lucas had let someone else help with that part then they could have been fantastic.

The sequel trilogy is a terrible story with forgettable characters. Every movie was worse than the last for me. I detest them with every fiber of my being, and they’ actually managed to ruin Star Wars for me. After Attack of the Clones (which was the prequel I hated the most) I could still watch the old movies and enjoy them. That was before the sequels disrespected and destroyed them. Now when I watch Luke stake his life on his principles and Vader sacrifice himself for his son all I think is that Vader accomplished nothing because the Emperor is fine, and Luke will one day throw everything he believes out the window.

Not that my only hatred for the sequels is that it destroys everything good about Star Wars. I could write a book about why there are a trash fire in their own right. But I can’t escape that by just not watching them. I can’t enjoy something that I used to love anymore either.
    "Prequels is bad but you have to forgive everything about the movie so its not bad at all! But that gosh darn sequels!!!"

Sequels cannot disrespect the older movies since it takes place in the future, with things happening in between that led to the characters being slightly different than you remembered them to be, as passage of time, usually does

Prequels can disrespect original trilogy by changing some details of how things played out, or introduce contradicting elements to the story, which it does

I don't see how prequels get a pass with poor execution, worst dialogue, and sequel trilogy doesn't get the same treatment.
  • Sequel Trilogy

Hmm prequel was better than the OT.

And the Sequels are really good.

This is like the LeBron vs MJ debate.

All the old heads say MJ was the GOAT when we all know its gonna be lebron
  • Original Trilogy
    Ultra wrote: »

"Prequels is bad but you have to forgive everything about the movie so its not bad at all! But that gosh darn sequels!!!"

Sequels cannot disrespect the older movies since it takes place in the future, with things happening in between that led to the characters being slightly different than you remembered them to be, as passage of time, usually does

Prequels can disrespect original trilogy by changing some details of how things played out, or introduce contradicting elements to the story, which it does

I don't see how prequels get a pass with poor execution, worst dialogue, and sequel trilogy doesn't get the same treatment.

I never said you have to forgive the prequels. I’ve not once watched Attack of the Clones since I saw it in the theater. It’s horrible. The others I can stand to watch. And I love the characters in other media when a better writer is doing dialogue. They could have tweaked lines of dialogue in them and made great movies. They aren’t. They’re just OK. But I like the story they were trying to tell.

There is nothing about the sequels I would salvage. The story was cobbled together as they went with no plan. They need to be rewritten from scratch. I hate them from top to bottom. I can pick out little moments that were enjoyable, but not enough to salvage them.

It’s the difference between a car than runs but needs to be repainted verses a car that’s been completely totaled.

And yes you can disrespect someone from the future. I could say hateful things about deceased relatives and that would be disrespectful even though they are long gone. So that makes no sense.

TLJ did that by having someone who saved his father because he could see good where nobody else could... consider murdering his young nephew in his sleep. Instead of having the characters change a little, they could take everything that they stood for and held sacred and throw it out the window when writing them.

The prequels don’t do anything that destroys established characters to that degree.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yoda
  • Original Trilogy
    Yoda

5cicfumb1kxs.jpg
  • Sequel Trilogy
    Yoda

5cicfumb1kxs.jpg

Baby. On. Baby.
  • TigerSpirit1917
    174 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Original Trilogy
    Nihion wrote: »
    That’s why they hide their modern themes and gay people and progressive acts behind large signs that say “This is nostalgia and we are trying so desperately to play to your ideas, so that we can make you love this. Because kids do. They see Rey and go I want to be like her. But older fans see Rey and say she could never be as good as Luke, so that when they try to do something new, when they try to show you that the greatest legends can make the greatest mistakes and you can too, older, more protective fans turn their backs and hope they never have to endure that kind of disrespect ever again because yeah, it hurts man, and I know it does... [/quote

aczy3et5k1rw.jpg