Revan is officially canon (no spoilers)

Prev1
The Sith Trooper legions (the shiny red ones, not our dear Sith Empire troopers) are named after Sith Lords. One of the legions is named after Revan.

This was revealed in the Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary.

Hope he makes future appearances in Disney+ shows or movies.

Replies

• I could’ve wrong but i believe the next movie trilogy starting in 2022 will take place during the time of the old republic with malak being hinted at for the villain
  • That would be great.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Episode 8 made him canon but 9 reinforced it

The last episode of the Mandalorian pretty much did as well.
    Post edited by LordDirt on
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

With the reference to the Mandalorian War?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes, unless they arent going to say he was there and erase him from it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I just hope that doesn't happen. I'll throw a fit if they ruin HK-47.
  • khelzac wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

I don't know for sure, but it almost sounds like there are two "sieges" of Mandalore. In the episode, it sounds like he is referencing some point in time during the Galactic Empire when Papls et. al. essentially wiped out the Mandos, not when Revan left the Jedi Order and all that jazz.
  • khelzac wrote: »

I don't know for sure, but it almost sounds like there are two "sieges" of Mandalore. In the episode, it sounds like he is referencing some point in time during the Galactic Empire when Papls et. al. essentially wiped out the Mandos, not when Revan left the Jedi Order and all that jazz.

This, right here. I'm pretty sure the Maldalorian War they're talking about is with the Galactic Empire(not Sith Empire) when they tried to get Mandalore to join up and they refused, so they got wiped out(also got referenced in The Mandalorian). I also read somewhere that only hardcore Sith historians understand the significance of the names like Revan since it happened so long ago... so most (even Palpatine, probably) probably don't know a thing about what went on back then. Probably like asking someone in modern times of some "hero/villain" caveman that's doesn't have any pop culture significance.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    please change title to (Spoilers). no one should be posting anything about TROS imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Either way, Episode 8 & definitely 9 of the saga make him canon.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Either way, Episode 8 & definitely 9 of the saga make him canon.

Really because the movie definitely give a sith world that purposely isn’t the stupid one in kotor.
  • Stick wrote: »

Really because the movie definitely give a sith world that purposely isn’t the stupid one in kotor.

Korriban/Moraband are already in canon. Featured in Clone Wars and mentioned by both names in a canon reference book. Sith Trooper legions named after Revan and various other ancient Sith Lords does in fact make Revan canon.

Korriban/Moraband are already in canon. Featured in Clone Wars and mentioned by both names in a canon reference book. Sith Trooper legions named after Revan and various other ancient Sith Lords does in fact make Revan canon.

The same way that Starkiller base makes Galen Marek canon?

No, because SK Base is not referring to Galen.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    willennium wrote: »
    khelzac wrote: »

This, right here. I'm pretty sure the Maldalorian War they're talking about is with the Galactic Empire(not Sith Empire) when they tried to get Mandalore to join up and they refused, so they got wiped out(also got referenced in The Mandalorian). I also read somewhere that only hardcore Sith historians understand the significance of the names like Revan since it happened so long ago... so most (even Palpatine, probably) probably don't know a thing about what went on back then. Probably like asking someone in modern times of some "hero/villain" caveman that's doesn't have any pop culture significance.

The Mandalorian Wars of KOTOR were the Mandalorians coaxed into fighting the New Republic at the challenge of the Sith Empire, to make the Old Republic weak and ripe for the taking. The Mandalorians didn't expect the Jedi to go to war, because the counsel advised against it, sensing a darker threat at its core. Revan disobeyed the counsel and rallied Jedi to fight the Mandos, and won.

Revan then pursued the remaining Mandalorian commandos into darkspace, where he and Malak found the Sith Empire.

Due to the war and hunger for power they fell to the darkside - but Revan did so perhaps to save the Old Republic. He returned and conquered the Old Republic, saving strategic planetary positions for the coming war against the Sith Empire. Malak was a brute who lacked Revan's strategical brain and just destroyed things.

Revan was a big enough name in both Sith and Jedi cultures that I would have little doubt that Palpatine, an astute galactic historian with deep knowledge of the darkside, sith and having to familiarize himself with his enemy (the Jedi) would have known of Revan.

Taking the new established (and dumb) lore of TROS, if all the power of prior Sith were in Sidious - surely he would know of Revan from that power and knowledge as well.
    Post edited by Boo on

It's the same logic though. Until KotOR goes to the big screen, the characters won't be canon.

It's the same logic though. Until KotOR goes to the big screen, the characters won't be canon.

Its really not though? Starkiller base had absolutely nothing to do with Galen. But the Sith Trooper legions are named after ancient Sith Lords that existed in canon. So yes Darth Revan is canon. His story may not be the same, but the name Darth Revan is indeed canon

Its really not though? Starkiller base had absolutely nothing to do with Galen. But the Sith Trooper legions are named after ancient Sith Lords that existed in canon. So yes Darth Revan is canon. His story may not be the same, but the name Darth Revan is indeed canon

Not really. What does Starkiller refer to? They both are just names, intended to be nods at things the viewer knows due to exposure from other media.
  • Boo wrote: »

The Mandalorian Wars of KOTOR were the Mandalorians coaxed into fighting the New Republic at the challenge of the Sith Empire, to make the Old Republic weak and ripe for the taking. The Mandalorians didn't expect the Jedi to go to war, because the counsel advised against it, sensing a darker threat at its core. Revan disobeyed the counsel and rallied Jedi to fight the Mandos, and won.

Revan then pursued the remaining Mandalorian commandos into darkspace, where he and Malak found the Sith Empire.

Due to the war and hunger for power they fell to the darkside - but Revan did so perhaps to save the Old Republic. He returned and conquered the Old Republic, saving strategic planetary positions for the coming war against the Sith Empire. Malak was a brute who lacked Revan's strategical brain and just destroyed things.

Revan was a big enough name in both Sith and Jedi cultures that I would have little doubt that Palpatine, an astute galactic historian with deep knowledge of the darkside, sith and having to familiarize himself with his enemy (the Jedi) would have known of Revan.

Taking the new established (and dumb) lore of TROS, if all the power of prior Sith were in Sidious - surely he would know of Revan from that power and knowledge as well.

I'm very aware of the Mandalorian Wars in KotOR, but I'm pretty positive that's not what was being referenced here. The flashbacks and dialog mention how they should've joined the Empire, so that kind of insinuates that they refused to join, which led to a "Mandalorian War" with Mandalorians vs the Galactic Empire, where the Empire won and most of their opponent's fighting army was wiped out(hence why there are so few Mandalorian warriors left).

Who says it has to be a movie? Could be a game, TV show, comic, even a novel. All are acceptable mediums of canon.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »

Who says it has to be a movie? Could be a game, TV show, comic, even a novel. All are acceptable mediums of canon.

Bow to the mediums!

ok, so I only gave 1 example of what qualifies as canon. Doesn't really change my point.

ok, so I only gave 1 example of what qualifies as canon. Doesn't really change my point.

The visual guide stated that the legions were named after ancient Sith Lords, which means that those Sith Lords existed in canon

The visual guide stated that the legions were named after ancient Sith Lords, which means that those Sith Lords existed in canon

So there was a sith named Revan. It doesn't mean that it is referring to the Revan from KotOR. I think of Revan as more than just a name, he is the summation of his adventures in said games.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Really?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

I'm very aware of the Mandalorian Wars in KotOR, but I'm pretty positive that's not what was being referenced here. The flashbacks and dialog mention how they should've joined the Empire, so that kind of insinuates that they refused to join, which led to a "Mandalorian War" with Mandalorians vs the Galactic Empire, where the Empire won and most of their opponent's fighting army was wiped out(hence why there are so few Mandalorian warriors left).

I get you.

In that case, I would look firstly to the time line of the Clone Wars series. Where Maul takes over Mandalore and the Darksaber. He is defeated by Sidious but takes the Darksaber with him.

Bo-Katan (Dutchess Satine's sister) agrees with Obi Wan to call in support of the Republic to deal with Maul's remaining forces on Mandalore (Mandalore had always remained neutral in the CLone Wars), but by calling on Republic aid, Mandalore would be siding with the Republic.

Of course this is where clone wars was cancelled.

Now looking at the timeline of Rebels, Mandalore was an Imperial controlled planet (having been part of the Republic and the Republic now being changed into the Empire). There were factions of Mandalorian clans loyal to the Empire - such as Gar Saxon, and those fighting against the Empire - such as Bo-Katan and Death Watch.

When the Rebels arrive and defeat Saxon, Sabine (having found the Darksaber on Dathomir, left behind by Maul), she gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan, who would unite the Mandalorian clans and lead them against the Empire to save Mandalore. We do not see more of this plot in Rebels.

It seems that the Mandalorians failed. With the Empire triumphant the Mandalorian purge began, snuffing out any insubordination and any future resistance.

This would also explain why the likes of Moff Giddeon now has the Darksaber in his possession.

I get you.

In that case, I would look firstly to the time line of the Clone Wars series. Where Maul takes over Mandalore and the Darksaber. He is defeated by Sidious but takes the Darksaber with him.

Bo-Katan (Dutchess Satine's sister) agrees with Obi Wan to call in support of the Republic to deal with Maul's remaining forces on Mandalore (Mandalore had always remained neutral in the CLone Wars), but by calling on Republic aid, Mandalore would be siding with the Republic.

Of course this is where clone wars was cancelled.

Now looking at the timeline of Rebels, Mandalore was an Imperial controlled planet (having been part of the Republic and the Republic now being changed into the Empire). There were factions of Mandalorian clans loyal to the Empire - such as Gar Saxon, and those fighting against the Empire - such as Bo-Katan and Death Watch.

When the Rebels arrive and defeat Saxon, Sabine (having found the Darksaber on Dathomir, left behind by Maul), she gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan, who would unite the Mandalorian clans and lead them against the Empire to save Mandalore. We do not see more of this plot in Rebels.

It seems that the Mandalorians failed. With the Empire triumphant the Mandalorian purge began, snuffing out any insubordination and any future resistance.

This would also explain why the likes of Moff Giddeon now has the Darksaber in his possession.

Thats all correct
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Bow to the mediums!

They are all great mediums - but crossing mediums is poor writing and execution of developing story or characters.

Lucas (when he was still in control) was pretty careful to take things referenced in the Clone Wars series and leaving them there, and what was referenced in the movies were nothing of the animated series or comics etc. As it just caused confusion and risks causing barriers to average fans enjoying the content. No average fan wants to find out what happens to a certain character by having to see a movie, then watch a series, then another movie, then a comic, then a novel to find out the story of a character - its messy and is too much effort for a lot of people to do.

Average star wars fans were very confused seeing Maul at the end of Solo, believing that he died in E1 - because they had not turned their attention to the other mediums - comics or animated series (Clone Wars or Rebels). But Disney made the choice to add him, which opens up some issues.

I do not like how Maul's story continued after the cancellation of the Clone Wars in comic form - again this is just lazy. I hope his story is revived and closed appropriately in the return of the Clone Wars series on Disney+, so that it fits into where we see him down the road in Solo.

Likewise, it would be good to then see Maul transition from Crimson Dawn to the hermit we see in Rebels, if the new Obi Wan show is somewhat of a follow-on from Solo.

Generally, going forward if Disney uses all mediums to tell a collective story it will get very messy fast, and potentially alienates or prevents causal fans from enjoying the content.

Bow to the mediums!

They are all great mediums - but crossing mediums is poor writing and execution of developing story or characters.

Lucas (when he was still in control) was pretty careful to take things referenced in the Clone Wars series and leaving them there, and what was referenced in the movies were nothing of the animated series or comics etc. As it just caused confusion and risks causing barriers to average fans enjoying the content. No average fan wants to find out what happens to a certain character by having to see a movie, then watch a series, then another movie, then a comic, then a novel to find out the story of a character - its messy and is too much effort for a lot of people to do.

Average star wars fans were very confused seeing Maul at the end of Solo, believing that he died in E1 - because they had not turned their attention to the other mediums - comics or animated series (Clone Wars or Rebels). But Disney made the choice to add him, which opens up some issues.

I do not like how Maul's story continued after the cancellation of the Clone Wars in comic form - again this is just lazy. I hope his story is revived and closed appropriately in the return of the Clone Wars series on Disney+, so that it fits into where we see him down the road in Solo.

Likewise, it would be good to then see Maul transition from Crimson Dawn to the hermit we see in Rebels, if the new Obi Wan show is somewhat of a follow-on from Solo.

Generally, going forward if Disney uses all mediums to tell a collective story it will get very messy fast, and potentially alienates or prevents causal fans from enjoying the content.

There's a rumor that Darth Maul is getting his own Disney+ show that will go into his past and then pick up at the end of Solo
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Bow to the mediums!

There's a rumor that Darth Maul is getting his own Disney+ show that will go into his past and then pick up at the end of Solo

Oh dear, I hope it stays a rumor, lol.