QOL: Arena Refreshes

Prev1
So I’ve been wondering, when you fight an arena battle you have the 10 minute cool down. However if you spend the 50 crystals to just get to the next battle it doesn’t refresh your attempts. Why?
I have to get all the way down to 0 attempts to refresh and get another 5 attempts.
Shouldn’t we get our attempts refreshed back to 5 regardless of how many we have left for the day?

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So I’ve been wondering, when you fight an arena battle you have the 10 minute cool down. However if you spend the 50 crystals to just get to the next battle it doesn’t refresh your attempts. Why?
    I have to get all the way down to 0 attempts to refresh and get another 5 attempts.
    Shouldn’t we get our attempts refreshed back to 5 regardless of how many we have left for the day?

No. They're two different things.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So you wouldn’t want to get more bang for your buck with getting the timer reset and yo it attempts refreshed? There’s already a limit on how many times we can do that anyway.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    the 50 gets you another attempt when you are on cooldown. a different 50 gets you the 5 refreshes edit: (when you are not on cooldown, to be clear)

the real QOL we need for refreshes is for it to tell you if you have attempts left while you are on cooldown

so, you just finished a fight so you are on cooldown but not sure if you have any more attempts. there should be a 2/5 or 0/5 to let you know.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I’d like to get 10 carbanti in the challenges too, but it doesn’t mean there’s any point in asking for it.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    the 50 gets you another attempt when you are on cooldown. a different 50 gets you the 5 refreshes edit: (when you are not on cooldown, to be clear)

the real QOL we need for refreshes is for it to tell you if you have attempts left while you are on cooldown

so, you just finished a fight so you are on cooldown but not sure if you have any more attempts. there should be a 2/5 or 0/5 to let you know.

Yeah I know how it works now but what I’m saying is a nice QoL would be to also give you a refresh in attempts too. Same tie in of how many times you can do it, etc.
    I’d like to get 10 carbanti in the challenges too, but it doesn’t mean there’s any point in asking for it.

Lovely way of thinking. Glad many don’t follow that train of thought otherwise we wouldn’t get QoL improvements without people asking. Stay golden pony boy
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Yeah I know how it works now but what I’m saying is a nice QoL would be to also give you a refresh in attempts too. Same tie in of how many times you can do it, etc.
    I’d like to get 10 carbanti in the challenges too, but it doesn’t mean there’s any point in asking for it.

Lovely way of thinking. Glad many don’t follow that train of thought otherwise we wouldn’t get QoL improvements without people asking. Stay golden pony boy

I think it's different to ask for them to show us if we have attempts left than to pretend they will just hand out refreshes like candy tho
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

So you wouldn’t want to get more bang for your buck with getting the timer reset and yo it attempts refreshed? There’s already a limit on how many times we can do that anyway.

No. I don't really want any minor changes to the arena at this point. Leave it as it is. Or completely overhaul it. No need to put lipstick on the pig.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Not QoL
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

Thanks for the insult. Wondered if it was just the other thread where you conducted yourself like that.

I think it's different to ask for them to show us if we have attempts left than to pretend they will just hand out refreshes like candy tho

It’s different, yeah. Your idea is a good one too. I’m always asking myself that as well. I know when it’s 0 with the massive cool down timer but always curious how many I have left. I’d personally want the 2 for 1 update but I’d be happy with your idea too.

Thanks for the insult. Wondered if it was just the other thread where you conducted yourself like that.

It’s actually not an insult. It’s a statement of fact that if people didn’t at least ask for certain changes, then the devs wouldn’t know or care to change aspects of the game to make things better for the players. So in fact, the idea of not at least bringing a topic up is no bueno. My idea may not happen, but hey, already another idea come from it that Giafafa (I always butcher the name as a joke lol) made they could be a nice improve the too
  • Ok then, here’s my QoL wish list:

- 1000 crystals for a top 20 finish
    - 100% drop rate on things I have tagged as a favourite
    - Only match me in GAC with people Who have a vastly inferior roster to mine

What you’re asking for changes the balance of arena play, and I for one wouldn’t want this implemented
  • Ok then, here’s my QoL wish list:

- 1000 crystals for a top 20 finish
    - 100% drop rate on things I have tagged as a favourite
    - Only match me in GAC with people Who have a vastly inferior roster to mine

What you’re asking for changes the balance of arena play, and I for one wouldn’t want this implemented

And yet there are ideas that could branch off from those far out there requests.

But my question is how would it change the balance of arena play?

Right now you get a certain amount of refreshes in a day and the cost goes up over time.

Let’s say for maths sake 10 refresh’s (idk it that’s the number because I have never maxed)
    That means if you exhaust your attempts to zero you’ll get an extra 50.
    However if you do it all 10 times at 3 attempts left you just forfeited 30’attempts in exchange for quicker battle time. I don’t see how it would alter the balance?
    TVF wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

QOL are things that make it easier to play without changing the balance/mechanics of the game. Things like mod loadouts that make it easier to save/move mods but don't affect the cost. Or the buff compression ui changes. What you're asking for is a cost reduction of arena.

Asking for a # attempts left display while you're on CD is a QOL request.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

QOL are things that make it easier to play without changing the balance/mechanics of the game. Things like mod loadouts that make it easier to save/move mods but don't affect the cost. Or the buff compression ui changes. What you're asking for is a cost reduction of arena.

I see QoL as a means to improve the game and make life better lol
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'd like some free stunguns!
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

You define QoL differently than CG then.

This is what they did in the last QoL update in March:
    • Combat Buff UI Overhaul
    • Revamped Description Pop-Up
    • Unique Only Toggle for Saved Squads / Mod Loadouts
    • Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Expanded Ability Description
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Territory War/Grand Arena Capacity Indicators
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default
    • Performance Optimization

The QoL update from February 2018 is very similar with the notable addition of GW simming.

Notice that none of it has to do with number of refreshes, costs to refresh, shard locations, etc. All of that is part of the game play and economy balance. QoL should make life better, but not through changes to the economy of the game. There are other avenues for those changes.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

The QoL update from February 2018 is very similar with the notable addition of GW simming.

Notice that none of it has to do with number of refreshes, costs to refresh, shard locations, etc. All of that is part of the game play and economy balance. QoL should make life better, but not through changes to the economy of the game. There are other avenues for those changes.

But how exactly is it changing the economy though? I get that you get refreshed for the day at the end of all attempts. The other is with remaining refreshes you get the timer reset, not attempts. I don’t see how it would kill the balance of the game or economy.
    I'd like some free stunguns!

All of us would man...sad times lol
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

But how exactly is it changing the economy though? I get that you get refreshed for the day at the end of all attempts. The other is with remaining refreshes you get the timer reset, not attempts. I don’t see how it would kill the balance of the game or economy.

I don't have the data to argue on if it would kill the economy, but it would have an effect of some sort. If I'm at 1/5 and need 2 more fights to reach my payout rank, then spent 50 Crystal's to reset the attack cd and also end up at 5/5 attempts cg would go from getting 100 Crystal's out of me to only getting 50. So it would effect the economy by leaving me with 50 more Crystal's then I would ha e had without your proposed change.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    In what scenario would this be usefull though?
    Save water, drink champagne!
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

change =/= kill

• The attack cd refresh doesn't increment at the same pace as the attempts refresh either. Does my 2nd cd buy now cost 100 Crystal's instead of 50? If I refresh my cd when I was already at 4/5 does that mean I get 1 new refresh for 50 Crystal's, while someone who reset their cd while at 1/5 gets 4 new battles?

I would like to know how many attempts I have while on cooldown, but you know when you're out because you don't got on a 10 minute cooldown unless you are <10 minutes from your daily reset. Once you use your 5th attempt, your cooldown is the time remaining until daily reset.
    leef wrote: »

And, to the OP, this here. It would make very little overall sense to add this, based on how this is done. I think a much more important QoL would be to have a little indicator to let you know if you're currently engaged in battle so you don't have to actually click through just to get that message.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2019

free refreshes obv!
    StarSon wrote: »

I would like to know how many attempts I have while on cooldown, but you know when you're out because you don't got on a 10 minute cooldown unless you are <10 minutes from your daily reset. Once you use your 5th attempt, your cooldown is the time remaining until daily reset.

And, to the OP, this here. It would make very little overall sense to add this, based on how this is done. I think a much more important QoL would be to have a little indicator to let you know if you're currently engaged in battle so you don't have to actually click through just to get that message.

yeah, I know I'm out when I'm out. I shouldn't have put 0/5 just 2/5 or 1/5 etc.

edit: +1 to the "in battle" indicator, and also have one for potential enemies so we don't buy a refresh just to find out they're already in a battle
  • StarSon wrote: »

This could be a nice QoL too.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

I don't have the data to argue on if it would kill the economy, but it would have an effect of some sort. If I'm at 1/5 and need 2 more fights to reach my payout rank, then spent 50 Crystal's to reset the attack cd and also end up at 5/5 attempts cg would go from getting 100 Crystal's out of me to only getting 50. So it would effect the economy by leaving me with 50 more Crystal's then I would ha e had without your proposed change.

The only situation that would happen in would be 15 minutes before payout. Otherwise you wouldn’t spend the crystals anyway and would just wait for the cool down and save yourself 50 crystals anyway.

I just think the change on economy is negligible and wouldn’t be a massive swing other than to give you more value for your crystals. Same number of resets allowed per day. Same cool down, etc.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

The only situation that would happen in would be 15 minutes before payout. Otherwise you wouldn’t spend the crystals anyway and would just wait for the cool down and save yourself 50 crystals anyway.

I just think the change on economy is negligible and wouldn’t be a massive swing other than to give you more value for your crystals. Same number of resets allowed per day. Same cool down, etc.

How would that work 15min for pay-out though?
    I'm not trying to be a ... here, i just don't see in which situation this QoL would actually benefit me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Not QoL

What would you call it?

• Saved Squad Shortcut
    • Cantina Home Raid Icon
    • Pre-Battle Screen Info
    • Better Gear Find Flow
    • Node Simming Slider
    • Leader Slot Default

How would that work 15min for pay-out though?
    I'm not trying to be a ... here, i just don't see in which situation this QoL would actually benefit me.

The 15 minute thing was dunes example. About not spending an extra 50 crystals.

The whole idea with this is that you get more value for your crystals. Rather than waiting an hour (between battle time and cool down time) to reset your attempts.

Right now it’s spend 50 crystals after your first fight, now you get to fight immediately and you’re at 4/5. With that change you are now at 5/5 again. Just gives you extra value for your crystals. Nothing major, no back breaking economy swing. Just a simple tweak to give more value for crystals