The Mandalorian Kit Idea (Quotes are the only spoilers; only through Episodes 1-4)

TheRealCaloNord
32 posts Member
edited January 2020
Normally with my kit ideas, I have an opening statement, however, the mandalorian only requires a very short one. I was thinking he would be a legendary character. He's just SO epic. He could also be a raid character. He is meant to be Meta, and should pound Malek's face in (lovingly). I worked so hard on this oh my goodness. This kit has been edited due to very great criticism from @Ichiraikou, thanks man!

This is the way.

o869hb7bfg1r.png

The Mandolorian (Mando)
Light Side, Attacker, Leader, Bounty Hunters, Scoundrel (+possible Mandalorian tag?)
A quick thinker and empathetic Mandalorian make for an exceptional leader with impeccable aim, able to land stuns swiftly to surprise the enemy.

BASIC - I Like Those Odds
Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Speed Down for 1 Turn. Gain 15% Turn Meter and deal 15% more damage for each defeated Ally. If there are more active enemies than active allies, this attack can't be Evaded or Resisted."

SPECIAL - That's One Impressive Weapon Cooldown - 3
Deal Special Damage to target enemy and Inflict Stun and Shock for 2 turns. If this attack defeats an enemy, the cooldown of this attack is reset, and all enemies lose 25% Turn Meter.

SPECIAL - Whistling Birds Cooldown - 3
Deal Special damage to a random enemy. Repeat this 4 additional times. Inflict Stagger and Ability Block on each damaged enemy for 2 turns. For each enemy hit more than once, Inflict Stun for 1 turn on those enemies and remove 20% Turn Meter from all enemies.

LEADER - This Is The Way (ZETA)
All Scoundrel, Bounty Hunters, and Mandalorian allies have +40 Speed, and +15% Max Health, Max Protection, Critical Hit Avoidance, Defense, Tenacity and Critical Chance.

At the start of each ally's turn, they gain +10% bonus protection for every debuff present on them and +5% potency and critical damage for every buff present on them.

Whenever an ally falls below 100% Health, all allies gain 20% Turn Meter, 20% Bonus Protection, and Advantage for 2 turns. These effects can't be Prevented.
At the start of each encounter, The Mandalorian (Mando) takes a bonus turn and gains a new special ability if he is in the leader position, Protect At All Costs:

Target ally gains the buff "Protected" until The Madalorian is defeated. Protected: This Unit is immune to Taunt, Marked and Deathmark, and cannot be targeted until The Mandalorian (Mando) is defeated. This ability cannot be dispelled or prevented and can only be used once per encounter.
Contract:
Deal 15 debuffs to the enemy team and hit a debuffed enemy 15 times. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)

Reward:
All Bounter Hunter allies gain Bonus Protection equal to 50% of their Max Protection, which cannot be dispelled or prevented and their Payouts are activated.

UNIQUE - Beskar Steel (ZETA)
The Mandalorian (Mando) has +30% Max Protection and recovers 10% of his Max Protection every time he scores a critical hit.

At the beginning of the battle, The Mandalorian gains Critical Hit Immunity which cannot be dispelled or prevented and The Mandalorian (Mando) cannot lose health while he has protection.

UNIQUE - I Have Spoken
Any time The Mandalorian or a Mandalorian ally defeats an enemy, they gain +25% Max Protection (stacking), recover 100% protection and gain Mandalorian's Resolve until he is defeated.

Mandalorian's Resolve: This unit is immune to Tenacity Down and Turn Meter Reduction. Additionally, enemies cannot gain health when attacking a unit with this buff. Can't be Dispelled, prevented, or stacked.

UNIQUE - The Mandalorian's Payout
The Mandalorian (Mando) resets all of his ability cooldowns and gains 1 bonus turn. The Mandalorian (Mando) gains Retribution until the end of the encounter which cannot be dispelled or prevented and has +25% Critical Damage.
Post edited by TheRealCaloNord on

Replies

• Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    That picture looks amazing (even if it shows "this is the way" as an unique). The kit itself is also pretty good. I like almost everything in it. Thou from a Kit Design and Gameplay standpoint it does have quite a few things. Most are wording issues but I do have a few actual problems with it.
    I'll do my feedback ability by ability. But first I'd like to start with the most obvious thing: He is a bounty hunter, without a contract or a payout... Seriously that is their entire mechanic. He really should have those. Without that he might as well have no Bounty Hunter synergy at all.

BASIC - I Like Those Odds
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Speed Down for 1 Turn. Gain 15% Turn Meter and deal 15% more damage for each fallen Ally. Additionally, this attack and its effects cannot be evaded or resisted if the opposing team outnumbers The Mandalorian's.
    It is a pretty nice ability overall. Not much to say about it. Except for 2 things: The game doesn't use the term "fallen" at all. it uses "active" for characters that are alive and "defeated" for characters that are.. well.. defeated. The second is the additional part. Not only is the additional kinda unnecessary, as is the "it's effects" part, but the effect itself is very poorly worded. At first I interpreted it as "if there are more enemies than mandalorian allies". Which means you kinda would punish him for putting him in a mandalorian team and make the condition really easy in every other scenario. I quickly realized that can't be your intent and suggest you word the ability like this:
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Speed Down for 1 Turn. Gain 15% Turn Meter and deal 15% more damage for each defeated Ally. If there are more active enemies than active allies, this attack can't be Evaded or Resisted."

SPECIAL - That's One Impressive Weapon
    Deal Special Damage to target enemy and Inflict Stun and Shock for 2 turns. If this attack defeats an enemy, the cooldown of this attack is reset, and all enemies lose 25% Turn Meter.
    Nice ability. Concidering that Both Revan's have anti Stun in their kit's, the stun is not going to be that powerful. I do agree thou that making it undispellable would be too much. Maybe add a condition? Like if target was burning or had Armour Shred or was Ability Blocked (then again Darth Revan counters that as well)? It would have to be something that is in his own kit thou so... Hard one I guess. Still an overall nice ability.
    One last hing. What is it's cooldown? I mean a cooldown reset on an ability with 0 cooldown is kinda useless.

SPECIAL - Whistling Birds
    Deal Special Damage to random enemies 5 times and inflict Stagger and Ability Block for 2 turns. any time an enemy was hit more than once by this attack, Stun them for 1 turn and all enemies lose 20% Turn Meter, which cannot be resisted.
    You seem to have a similar issue here to what I had in my Darth Sidious Rework idea. The way the random enemies part is worded makes it sound like a random amount of enemies is hit 5 times each. I'll admit that wording this is a challenge even for me. Currently I have it worded in the rend of: Deal Damage to a random enemy. Repeat this x times. I'll update you if I've found a better way but for now I think this is the best. So:
    Deal Special damage to a random enemy. Repeat this 4 additional times. Inflict Stagger and Ability Block on each damaged enemy for 2 turns. For each enemy hit more than once, Inflict Stun for 1 turn on those enemies and remove 20% Turn Meter from all enemies.
    Also, cooldown again please.

LEADER - This Is The Way
    All Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters, and Mandalorian allies have +30 Speed, and +8% Max Health, Max Protection, Critical Hit Avoidance, Defense, and Critical Chance.

All allies have Tenacity Up as long as The Mandalorian (Mando) is above 50% Protection, and when The Mandalorian (Mando) is below 50% Protection, all allies have Potency Up. These effects cannot be dispelled or prevented.

At the start of each allies' turn, they recover 2% of their own Max Health and Protection for each ally that has not been defeated and gain 1.5% Offense and Critical Chance Up (stacking) for each ally that has been defeated.

Finally, all allies have +2.5% Critical Damage and Armor Penetration for every buff on the enemy team, and +5% Defense and Critical Avoidance for every debuff present on their allies.
    I'm gonna be honest with you. This is the only thing in this kit I really don't like. And that is because it has a lot of things in it that are already present in other parts of the kit and I can't really seem to find a goal, theme or purpose in it. Nor anything that bind's the rest of his kit together.
    The 8% bonuses are pretty weak, random and most are also present in other parts of the kit. The buffs are kinda out of nowhere (even if their condition is pretty clever and could be really good) and should just be bonuses. The only thing that is kinda cool and unique are the bonuses for active and defeated allies. But that isn't focused or expanded enough for it to have been the goal. (and contradict's the bonuses for each status effect, which is also not that impressive. Sith Marauder's unique does this better). I'm sorry. I want to like this but it really just feels like you threw a bunch of things together without any goal or focus. I just can't like this even thou I want to. I'm sorry if I disappointed you ( I disappoint myself btw), but I really feel like this isn't the way.
    I don't have a solid idea for his lead myself at the moment but I'll definitely keep thinking about it. I don't post on a kit unless I really want to help make it better, as I believe no single person, myself included, can make a really good kit on their own.

UNIQUE - Beskar Steel (ZETA)
    The Mandalorian (Mando) has +25% Max Protection and Critical Avoidance and recovers 10% of his Max Protection every time he scores a critical hit.

At the beginning of the battle, The Mandalorian (Mando) gains Defense and Tenacity Up until he is defeated, which cannot be resisted or prevented.

Finally, The Mandalorian cannot lose health while he has protection. This cannot be prevented.
    Overall a nice ability. Survivability focused. Thou the buffs are weird. especially since one of them is also in the lead. That is quite useless. The last part is also a bit weird. I know there are abilities that can ignore protection but that is still quite specific. If you wanted it to go with the protection bonus from his lead (which is one of 2 things from the lead I actually liked) maybe you can do something like this:
    Whenever he is damaged by an attack, Mando gains +20% bonus protection. At the start of his turn, Mando loses all bonus protection and recovers that much protection.
    But that's just a quick idea I had and it is also redundant due to the fact that he already recovers protection with his other unique, so in hindsight it's not that good. Also, this is the only zeta on his kit? Kinda weird but ok. What exactly is the zeta part of the ability?
    p.s. I do think the max protection could go to his other unique. I'll talk more about that there.

UNIQUE - I Have Spoken
    Every time The Mandalorian defeats an enemy, he gains +25% Max Protection (stacking) and recovers 100% Protection.
    It does bother me that he has no Bounty Hunter's Resolve. Especially with how similar this ability is to those. (maybe Mandalorian's Resolve?). Other than that the protection bonus from the other passive could be moved here. Like this:
    At the start of the battle, and whenever Mando defeats an enemy, he gains +25% Max Protection (stacking) and recovers 100% protection.
    Other than those I have nothing to say here. Just a good ability
    Those are my feedback on your kit. Overall a really good kit idea.
  • Since my feedback I've been constantly thinking about your kit idea. It really frustrated me that I was unable to provide proper feedback to it (especially to the lead). I ended up doing my own version of him. You have really inspired me.
    I have given you a shoutout. I would just have placed it here in the comments but it was just too big and did go in quite a different direction than I had expected (or this one). So I just put it in it's own discussion.
    You can find it here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220780/the-mandalorian-kit-idea/p1?
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Since my feedback I've been constantly thinking about your kit idea. It really frustrated me that I was unable to provide proper feedback to it (especially to the lead). I ended up doing my own version of him. You have really inspired me.
    I have given you a shoutout. I would just have placed it here in the comments but it was just too big and did go in quite a different direction than I had expected (or this one). So I just put it in it's own discussion.
    You can find it here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220780/the-mandalorian-kit-idea/p1?

Wow, I’m sorry I’m seeing this so late! Your feedback is exceptional. I will make a few edits for sure, you had a lot of good points about wording and purpose. I’ll take a look at your kit- thanks so much!
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Since my feedback I've been constantly thinking about your kit idea. It really frustrated me that I was unable to provide proper feedback to it (especially to the lead). I ended up doing my own version of him. You have really inspired me.

Wow, I’m sorry I’m seeing this so late! Your feedback is exceptional. I will make a few edits for sure, you had a lot of good points about wording and purpose. I’ll take a look at your kit- thanks so much!

That's ok. I'm just glad I could help you. I would like it if you left some feedback over at my version as well.
    I like the changes you made. His new lead is way better, I really like what you did with the bonus protection and the new ability there. His 2 uniques are also really nice. Wasn't thinking that with mandalorian's resolve, but is still pretty good and unique. Well done. Only thing that still bothers me is one sentence in his lead:
    Anytime an ally falls below 100% Health, all allies gain +20% Turn Meter as well as gain Advantage and +20% Bonus Protection for two turns which cannot be prevented.
    The only reason this bothers me is because it is poorly worded. I mean I get what you where trying but it is quite clear the duration is not for the turn meter, so the "as well as gain" part unnecessarily breaks the sentence (especially the second gain). The effect itself is really nice thou. I would word it like this:
    Whenever an ally falls below 100% Health, all allies gain 20% Turn Meter, 20% Bonus Protection, and Advantage for 2 turns. These effects can't be Prevented.
    Then again that is just me. Other than this I quite like the improvements and haven't found anything I don't like yet. Great work.
    P.s. I would also appreciate it if you would give some feedback on my version of him.

• This is an incredible kit and I believe he is definitely heroes journey material could you make a kit for IG-11 @TheRealCaloNord
  • Typherrion wrote: »
    This is an incredible kit and I believe he is definitely heroes journey material could you make a kit for IG-11 @TheRealCaloNord

Thank you! Sure why not
  • A big note: with your hope of him becoming part of a Mandalorian tag, I feel like you neglect that specifically.

While he does ave BH synergies, which I think are pretty good, he has no specific room for the Mandalorians (unless you would have the synergy with them fall upon their uniques rather than his), but I feel like he should be able to give other Mandalorians the unique Resolve buff and I think the buff should give a little offensive boost, seeing as how (lore-wise) they were very war-like and technical.

Not saying that this kit needs more text (definitely not, I think it's fine as is in regards to length) but rather something should exclusively give Mando allies a bonus.

Legendary character, maybe neutral rather than light side, but overall really well made, really fun to play, and I hope the real one will end up somewhat like this.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I think he should be able to summon baby yoda, who would then be able to stun one enemy until it's killed before going to sleep for the remainder of the battle.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I think he should be able to summon baby yoda, who would then be able to stun one enemy until it's killed before going to sleep for the remainder of the battle.

Lol I reeeaaaaally thought about it but I don’t think they could even add baby Yoda, since it’s a baby and it wouldn’t look good for the game if a child/baby is defeatable

• A big note: with your hope of him becoming part of a Mandalorian tag, I feel like you neglect that specifically.

While he does ave BH synergies, which I think are pretty good, he has no specific room for the Mandalorians (unless you would have the synergy with them fall upon their uniques rather than his), but I feel like he should be able to give other Mandalorians the unique Resolve buff and I think the buff should give a little offensive boost, seeing as how (lore-wise) they were very war-like and technical.

Not saying that this kit needs more text (definitely not, I think it's fine as is in regards to length) but rather something should exclusively give Mando allies a bonus.

Legendary character, maybe neutral rather than light side, but overall really well made, really fun to play, and I hope the real one will end up somewhat like this.

Thank you! You give a good point. The addition of the tag wouldn’t make much sense because I didn’t really include synergy in the kit. That is something I’ll take a look at without trying to increase the length
  • Typherrion wrote: »
    This is an incredible kit and I believe he is definitely heroes journey material could you make a kit for IG-11 @TheRealCaloNord

Thank you!