Chewie event is stupid

Bjsauer
5 posts Member
edited January 2020
I have read through these threads and it's time for me to vent.

I dont get what cg was thinking when they made this event besides the fact that all they care about is $ signs. I have geared out boba, denger, greedo, cad and ig 88 to g12. I even have boba zeta. Went through and screwed up all my mods to get boba as high as I can get him (talking these are mods I use on asaj for p3 hsr solo runs) get the rest of my bh stacked like crazy on potency talking almost 500% potency between all my bh. Have spent well over 12 hours trying to 7* chewie. Not one f'in run got me even close. Single target and all.

What gets me furious is that half of the threads here did it with less geared bh. Like they are under 90k squad power and I'm sitting here at over 97k power. Then to farm toons like bosk and jango it takes a year to do so which to me is a waste of time and game progression to get one character.

Capital games does nothing to make farming these characters any easier. I have maxed all the characters from cantina, galactic war, arena token stores to where I have no use for those tokens besides wasting them for character shards for the shard store and even then I have over 10k tokens there with no use cause the gear drops/exchange rates are horrible.

This event has ruined the fun of this game as well as the new territory battles because to be even relevant you must spend massive amounts of money to even be a contributor. I'm honestly thinking about quitting due to these reason after over 2 years of enjoying the game.

Replies

• I just got Chewie to 7* a few min ago, and only lost 2 battles before winning on the third.
    Use ZBoskk as the lead. Here are the BH’s I used. Power 92,602. Good luck! 9c0et8mwcjf3.jpeg
  • Your problem is with the characters you're using, IG88 is apparently a detriment to the event from what people have said and without Bossk you lose a lot of sustainability. Plus as someone who uses that P3 team, you don't need good mods, so posting an swgoh.gg account link may make it easier for people to help you, your mods may not be as good as you claim.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Enjoy UP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    reads all the threads, uses ig88. and refuses to farm bossk "for one character."
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • x9iiapqm04ea.jpg

I tried it for fun again after seeing this post and I did it first try. Dengar g10, Sam g11, the rest g12 with not very good mods
  • Well 2 of you obviously didn't read. I dont have bosk nor will I farm for a year to get him. Wont pay either. I've spent enough the way it is. I have watched and read plenty of threads that use the exact same team as I do with crappier gear than me beat it. I'm now up to 18+ hours trying and nothing. I'm using the best of the best mods i have and nothing not even close. That's not the only point I'm making. Farming for these characters stink unless it's a cantina battle even then it takes months. The rng for drop rates is horrible. Whether it's for shards or gear. The only way that someone is viable in this game is if they spend thousands of dollars. I poor man or people who refuse to pay have no chance of being worthy to complete these challenges.

Yes I've bought packs yes I have some characters that are considered pay characters but a vast majority of my collection is 2 years of farming and yet I'm still missing 10 characters 5 are from some sort of event whether its individual or guild.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Generally untrue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The first 7* Chewie I unlocked was with Boba lead as well, and with him as the only g12. Greedo and Dengar were even g9.

If you want specific help with mods please link your profile on swgoh.gg. I'm sure people would like to help.
  • Bjsauer wrote: »
    Well 2 of you obviously didn't read. I dont have bosk nor will I farm for a year to get him. Wont pay either. I've spent enough the way it is. I have watched and read plenty of threads that use the exact same team as I do with crappier gear than me beat it. I'm now up to 18+ hours trying and nothing. I'm using the best of the best mods i have and nothing not even close. That's not the only point I'm making. Farming for these characters stink unless it's a cantina battle even then it takes months. The rng for drop rates is horrible. Whether it's for shards or gear. The only way that someone is viable in this game is if they spend thousands of dollars. I poor man or people who refuse to pay have no chance of being worthy to complete these challenges.

Yes I've bought packs yes I have some characters that are considered pay characters but a vast majority of my collection is 2 years of farming and yet I'm still missing 10 characters 5 are from some sort of event whether its individual or guild.

I don't know if you're including me in those two, but I read your post and I don't really care, Bossk is not only useful for 1 character, he's a good BH leader anyway, nor does he take a year to farm for free. The people that did it with worse gear potentially had better mods and potentially spent several hours working on it or got lucky, but honestly it sounds like your problem isn't with the event. This is a slow progress game, you don't jump forwards in leaps and bounds, after two years you should probably have go used to it. If not, and you don't wish to spend more, there aren't really many options available for you.
  • Bjsauer
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Bjsauer wrote: »
    Well 2 of you obviously didn't read. I dont have bosk nor will I farm for a year to get him. Wont pay either. I've spent enough the way it is. I have watched and read plenty of threads that use the exact same team as I do with crappier gear than me beat it. I'm now up to 18+ hours trying and nothing. I'm using the best of the best mods i have and nothing not even close. That's not the only point I'm making. Farming for these characters stink unless it's a cantina battle even then it takes months. The rng for drop rates is horrible. Whether it's for shards or gear. The only way that someone is viable in this game is if they spend thousands of dollars. I poor man or people who refuse to pay have no chance of being worthy to complete these challenges.

I don't know if you're including me in those two, but I read your post and I don't really care, Bossk is not only useful for 1 character, he's a good BH leader anyway, nor does he take a year to farm for free. The people that did it with worse gear potentially had better mods and potentially spent several hours working on it or got lucky, but honestly it sounds like your problem isn't with the event. This is a slow progress game, you don't jump forwards in leaps and bounds, after two years you should probably have go used to it. If not, and you don't wish to spend more, there aren't really many options available for you.

No you weren't one of the 2. The 2 are the ones posting bosk leads and killing it in 2 or 3 tries. I get that this is a slow progress game and understand that but when you spend the amount of time to farm characters to do an event that says like chewie event use any type of this faction then it should be possible to do not impossible to where you have to farm one specific character this wasting more time for a character you should be able to get with what you have already farmed. Also yes it would take me almost a year to get bosk. At the possibility of say 5 shards a day (which doesn't happen lucky to get 3 a day it's more like 1 or 2 even 0) you are looking at a minimum of 2 months to farm that 1 charcter. At around 2 shards a day you're looking at 19 weeks. And these are just hypothetical numbers. This is not counting the stores. This is straight energy farming. Also bosk you cant get in the stores unless its crystals. So yes drop rates stink.

Also if you dont care then why even respond to the post.
    No you weren't one of the 2. The 2 are the ones posting bosk leads and killing it in 2 or 3 tries. I get that this is a slow progress game and understand that but when you spend the amount of time to farm characters to do an event that says like chewie event use any type of this faction then it should be possible to do not impossible to where you have to farm one specific character this wasting more time for a character you should be able to get with what you have already farmed. Also yes it would take me almost a year to get bosk. At the possibility of say 5 shards a day (which doesn't happen lucky to get 3 a day it's more like 1 or 2 even 0) you are looking at a minimum of 2 months to farm that 1 charcter. At around 2 shards a day you're looking at 19 weeks. And these are just hypothetical numbers. This is not counting the stores. This is straight energy farming. Also bosk you cant get in the stores unless its crystals. So yes drop rates stink.

That's fortunate, however it doesn't detract from my or their points. You can do the event with any BH's, but worse choices require more gear to make up for that, otherwise it's like saying you should be able to complete Thrawn with an Ezra lead, making smart choices and investments makes these things easier. Also with no refreshes Bossk should take 28 weeks to farm only from his hard node if you didn't take part in his marquee and have no shards, so a little over half a year. The drop rate is about 33% unless you wish to disagree and have many people flock here to prove you irrefutably wrong, so trust me, with the best ship in the game, a good GAC capability and the bonus of making getting a good legendary character considerably easier, Bossk is worth it. If you disagree, play the game of luck or invest more into your mods/gear, there isn't really anything else to be done I'm afraid. Also I don't care about your reasons for not getting Bossk, most farms are hard nodes now, the longer you wait the more there will be.

That's fortunate, however it doesn't detract from my or their points. You can do the event with any BH's, but worse choices require more gear to make up for that, otherwise it's like saying you should be able to complete Thrawn with an Ezra lead, making smart choices and investments makes these things easier. Also with no refreshes Bossk should take 28 weeks to farm only from his hard node if you didn't take part in his marquee and have no shards, so a little over half a year. The drop rate is about 33% unless you wish to disagree and have many people flock here to prove you irrefutably wrong, so trust me, with the best ship in the game, a good GAC capability and the bonus of making getting a good legendary character considerably easier, Bossk is worth it. If you disagree, play the game of luck or invest more into your mods/gear, there isn't really anything else to be done I'm afraid. Also I don't care about your reasons for not getting Bossk, most farms are hard nodes now, the longer you wait the more there will be.

All you did was prove my point. I never said once that bosk wasn't worth it I just said I'm not going to change what I'm doing in the game at this time to get chewie and stop working on other characters that imo are better for how I play the game. I honestly hate GAC and rarely participate because the rewards are not worth the hassle (talking event rewards not the store tokens even then they still stink) I'm a pve player and enjoy that aspect of the game much more than the pvp. Honestly the only reason I even want chewie is cause I heard rebels were good in p4 hsr
  • You gotta wonder after two years he wasn't more prepared anyways. Bossk is like a top 10 character. As it's been said before, best ship in the game, best bh in the game. This character deserves a fast farm, refresh for 25 crystals...(please dont tell me you have to pay for Crystal's, cause if you think you do you are beyond help) and hit his node 10 times a day. I may be mistaken in what you said when you said you only were missing 10 characters...bossk shouldn't EVER be a last choice character.
  • This one isn't on cg. The event is extremely easy with a bossk lead. If you spend 20 hours trying to hammer in a nail with a paper cup is it the stores fault they sold you a paper cup, or your fault for trying to use the wrong tool for the job?
    All you did was prove my point. I never said once that bosk wasn't worth it I just said I'm not going to change what I'm doing in the game at this time to get chewie and stop working on other characters that imo are better for how I play the game. I honestly hate GAC and rarely participate because the rewards are not worth the hassle (talking event rewards not the store tokens even then they still stink) I'm a pve player and enjoy that aspect of the game much more than the pvp. Honestly the only reason I even want chewie is cause I heard rebels were good in p4 hsr

What point did I prove? I said if you complain about not being able to get a character but aren't willing to farm the right recommendations for it then you're at fault. Also if raids are literally the only thing about the game you enjoy, I can save you some trouble, NS with Anakin solo P3 and 4, Clones do the same with more damage. Don't even need Chewie.
  • You don't need Bossk, although it would be a big help. Have you watched ArnaldT's video unlocking 7* without using Bossk or Jango? He managed with a weaker team than yours so it can be done, just. But technique will be very important.
  • It doesn't take a year to farm Bossk. A little over 3 months if you buy a 25c refresh every day and sim his node 10 times. 330 shards * 3 / 10.
  • ToLive
    105 posts Member
    You need potency AND speed. Speed is more important. I suggest to remod them as at this picture, based on your profile. m41hyn7dn46q.png
    aikp6u8u6g8l.png
    zziifk0qa2zg.png
    dmfjwx0fsngc.pngcjnicgflaauu.png
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Bjsauer wrote: »
    I get that this is a slow progress game and understand that but when you spend the amount of time to farm characters to do an event that says like chewie event use any type of this faction then it should be possible to do not impossible to where you have to farm one specific character this wasting more time for a character you should be able to get with what you have already farmed.

This is not how this game works. There is some strategy to it as well. You might as well accept that.

Since you've read multiple discussions about the event why did you assume it would be easy using IG-88 and Boba lead? It's not impossible with those two but many discussions state that it's far more difficult than if using Bossk lead and no IG-88.

• UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    If you're going to let "needing" a specific toon (more like highly recommended, but we'll go with need for argument's sake) to get another toon get you this annoyed it may be best to look at another game. It doesn't stop with Chewie. I understand the frustration. I didn't have Bossk, so I had to farm Bossk and then wait for the event to come back around... I just couldn't get it done with Boba and IG (Still used IG) It's rough, but... that's what it takes for the most part.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

I didn’t realize you didn’t have Boskk or were not close to having him, l thought your comment was just the annoying grind of farming him, which yes it really is a grind, so apologies if my first post was not helpful. I’ve been playing since May and recently 7* and I’m mostly a F2P, will spend crystals here and there to get more toon shards (and I got some iTunes gift cards for xmas so I was pumped about being able to get the hyperdrive without spending $100 of my own cash on it). Boskk does take a while to farm, but he’s worth it

It’s doable without Bossk but will be a RNG grind for sure! Good luck, I hope you’re able to get him soon! :-)
  • willennium
    221 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I was able to complete mine a long time ago without Bossk or Jango. My lineup was Boba lead(base G12), Zam(G11), Cad(G10), Greedo(G11), Dengar(G10). It's been a long time, but the hardest part was getting the mods right. I stripped mods from my then arena team to make sure their speed was high and my turn order was ideal. Not a bad investment because they're still useful in other parts of the game(PVE) and I can use them in GA and TW against mid-tier squads or to clean up squads.

You should look into Bossk though. It seems like you're against farming him on principle, but you should reconsider. If anything, his ship is a game changer once he's geared.

On the bright side, at least now you can attempt at any time rather than waiting 3 months for a few day long window to attempt.

Good luck!