IG-88 quest completion in Geo TB?

Prev1
Will the victories with IG-88 in Geo TB still not count toward the Mortally Wound quest (Bounty Hunter questline)? And if not, has there been any word from CG if they were to look into that and fix it?

Because no way any guild beyond being "beginner guild" would ever go back to Hoth just for basically meaningless quest and lose valuable GEC2 currency. At least not when it comes to Dark Side Geo TB. Which means there are now content in game that technically speaking cannot be completed at all, so in that sense CG could as well remove such content. That is, if they aren't interested in to change the completion method to count Geo TB as well.

Replies

• Just for basically meaningless quest

You answered your own question fam
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Just for basically meaningless quest

You answered your own question fam

Dosen’t change that its a bug they won’t care to fix or explain
  • Will the victories with IG-88 in Geo TB still not count toward the Mortally Wound quest (Bounty Hunter questline)? And if not, has there been any word from CG if they were to look into that and fix it?

Because no way any guild beyond being "beginner guild" would ever go back to Hoth just for basically meaningless quest and lose valuable GEC2 currency. At least not when it comes to Dark Side Geo TB. Which means there are now content in game that technically speaking cannot be completed at all, so in that sense CG could as well remove such content. That is, if they aren't interested in to change the completion method to count Geo TB as well.

Sure, it would be cool if it would count Geo, but my guess is they will just change the wording to say "complete on Hoth TB".

Regardless, why do you care if the quest is meaningless? Everyone always says its a problem because people will not go back to hoth just for a "meaningless/pointless/useless" quest (false, not everyone lives in a highly competitive guild, some guilds play for fun), but then complains about not being able to do the quest. Why do you care if it has no meaning/point/use?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Same with the 45-star quest. Why go backwards for a title and a portrait?
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    Same with the 45-star quest. Why go backwards for a title and a portrait?

Crystals?

• Sure, it would be cool if it would count Geo, but my guess is they will just change the wording to say "complete on Hoth TB".

Regardless, why do you care if the quest is meaningless? Everyone always says its a problem because people will not go back to hoth just for a "meaningless/pointless/useless" quest (false, not everyone lives in a highly competitive guild, some guilds play for fun), but then complains about not being able to do the quest. Why do you care if it has no meaning/point/use?

Because some people enjoy completing things in the game. Quests should be achievable as they say in the game, and not inconvenience players (Beyond getting IG 88 to G12 and those sorts of responses).
  • Please fix this, it has been six months already.....
    or just rename the quest.

3cg9wwu7r0f8.jpg
    u78oupfv9vhv.jpg
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Yeah i totally agree i m also stuck at this quest bug for so long

They need to fix it
  • To the people attempting this quest, I ask: are you willing to win 50 battles with Bossk in the squad arena? Do you really want to take Zam to G12? If no, don't bother with the quest line.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!

• Regardless, why do you care if the quest is meaningless? Everyone always says its a problem because people will not go back to hoth just for a "meaningless/pointless/useless" quest (false, not everyone lives in a highly competitive guild, some guilds play for fun), but then complains about not being able to do the quest. Why do you care if it has no meaning/point/use?

What I meant was that generally (guild-wise) speaking they are meaningless to pursuit, from a certain point of view. Rewards are crappy and if guild decides to go there just because few individuals would want to do the quest all of them would lose much better rewards from another TB; GEC2 currency alone, unfortunately, makes the quest rewards not worth it.

For me personally, as a completionist by heart, it wouldn't be meaningless. But I understand why I'm in minority here and that's why I think CG should do something about it instead it to be just "dead weight" in the game.
  • To the people attempting this quest, I ask: are you willing to win 50 battles with Bossk in the squad arena? Do you really want to take Zam to G12? If no, don't bother with the quest line.

I don't know about the rest of the players, but I think I will manage.
    So to answer your questions. Yes & already done.

adv0uqtoyntn.jpg

I can only speak about my own personal situation, but I am not an arena player therefore my ranking is not very high or important to me at all. I stick to the 200 to 500 range as the rewards (60 crystals) between those rankings are the same. If I have to drop to the 500 to 1000 range, the rewards are 50 crystals. whoohoo??

That being said, due to the IG88 quest bug, I have lost 6 months of progress completing the BH quests.

But they are bothering, therefore, asking for it to actually work is a reasonable request. Bottom line, if it’s a part of the game, it should work regardless of how many decide to pursue. Lazy of CG to let it go this long.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I don't know about the rest of the players, but I think I will manage.
    So to answer your questions. Yes & already done.

adv0uqtoyntn.jpg

I can only speak about my own personal situation, but I am not an arena player therefore my ranking is not very high or important to me at all. I stick to the 200 to 500 range as the rewards (60 crystals) between those rankings are the same. If I have to drop to the 500 to 1000 range, the rewards are 50 crystals. whoohoo??

That being said, due to the IG88 quest bug, I have lost 6 months of progress completing the BH quests.

Well don't worry, I completed Dengar and Cad's quest lines within the same week, and spent no crystals in doing so, so the 6 months isn't too bad.
  • You guys the devs do not care about this at all. It does not impact their bottom line so it gets no attention. The only thing that matters to them are the parts of the game that are profitable. They don’t actually care if you enjoy the game or want to have fun playing it as long as people are spending money on it. So until this part of the game impacts the black and red it gets no attention. Lenders and I had a huge discussion post about this at least 6 months ago and nothing has been fixed. There are no Wampas in the game. IG 88 can only fulfill his in Hoth. These are but a few of the issues/bugs in the prestige quests. But they do not care or do not have the necessary team to work on these issues. It sucks. But I accepted it awhile ago.
  • Perhaps if you necro all the previous threads on this topic, someone will do something?
  • I’m in the same situation. 11/12 for several months >:(
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    To the people attempting this quest, I ask: are you willing to win 50 battles with Bossk in the squad arena? Do you really want to take Zam to G12? If no, don't bother with the quest line.

Yes, I would gladly do those things. They seem pretty trivial after slogging through 1500 total payouts for Boba, Greedo and IG88.

It's pretty feeble that they've acknowledged this glitch and just done literally nothing about it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Any news regarding this bug? It's been so many months, I'm stuck on this quest, got my Zam to g12 already... And I can't see this quest anywhere in DevTracker, submitted this question to Q&A session, but the question was obviously skipped...
  • None whatsoever. I've been stuck at 11/12 since GeoTB came out back in June 2019.
    I have asked that very same question for the past six Q&As with it never being answered.
  • If you're that bothered about it, leave your guild for a week, join one doing Hoth, get the 88 quest done, then go back to your original guild.
  • People aren't looking for nonsensical alternatives or opinions on why they should not want to pursue the quest. They want a bug to be fixed, plain and simple.
  • There are more important bugs out there that need fixing.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If you're that bothered about it, leave your guild for a week, join one doing Hoth, get the 88 quest done, then go back to your original guild.

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• i saw people complain about this before i do the quest
    i saw people complain about this when i was doing this quest
    and now, after i finish this quest, people still complaining
  • balex
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Now I have completed a combat mission on TB Hoth and have not received a counter change :neutral:b8s214lubaj7.png
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    balex wrote: »
    Now I have completed a combat mission on TB Hoth and have not received a counter change :neutral:b8s214lubaj7.png

Sorry, CG doesn't care. They put these quests in and promptly stopped caring because no one liked them and CG had a hard time making them actually work.
  • Do what I do, join a lower ranking guild and do a Hoth Battle, get it done and move back to your current guild. Helps the smaller guild, completes your quest, and everyone is happy.
  • He just said he did hoth TB. Seems there is a new bug and now the ig88 doesn’t work at all. In both Hoth and Geo TB :D
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    oh boy, looks like I wasn't the only one today!!! Let's keep an eye on this tomorrow and if needed open a new bug ticket lol
  • If they can make changes to the code to make it not work at all can they make changes to the code so both Hoth and Geo work to complete the IG quest?

This is such a joke. Maybe we can hope it will be fixed in the client update in August?
This discussion has been closed.