Remove Capital Ship Requirements Please

In Separatist Might phase 2 both of the fleet missions have required capital ships. Before the Malevolence this made some sense as requiring the Chimaera in one mission left the Executrix by default. Now that the Malevolence has arrived it makes more sense to make it a required capital ship over the Chimaera in the mission with the Vulture Droid, but if Thrawn were to stay as a requirement than the Executrix mission should be open for any capital ship. Neither one of the existing capital ships would have been at Geonosis so why continue to require the Empire ships now that the Malevolence is here?

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kinda agree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I strongly disagree. A required ship? That means everyone who went for the Negotiator first and won't have the Malevolence for a long time to come can only play one fleet mission.

Also all the newer guilds who are playing Geo TB for the first time. How are they ever going to earn GET2 for the Malevolence if they need this very capital ship for the only somewhat manageable TB that rewards GET2?
  • I strongly disagree. A required ship? That means everyone who went for the Negotiator first and won't have the Malevolence for a long time to come can only play one fleet mission.

Also all the newer guilds who are playing Geo TB for the first time. How are they ever going to earn GET2 for the Malevolence if they need this very capital ship for the only somewhat manageable TB that rewards GET2?

You can play the Executrix mission. Have you ever between it?
  • Just to clarify, I’m open to any ideas other than having both missions having a “required” Empire capital ship. If the idea is not to change the Chimaera mission to the Malevolence, than at least remove the Executrix requirement. As it is, you cannot use the Malevolence at all in phase 2.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I strongly disagree. A required ship? That means everyone who went for the Negotiator first and won't have the Malevolence for a long time to come can only play one fleet mission.

If you get Mace as opposing fleet instead of Nego, Geos can beat the Executrix mission fairly easily.

Opening the Executrix CM to any DS capital ship but Thrawn would be a nice touch though.
    I strongly disagree. A required ship? That means everyone who went for the Negotiator first and won't have the Malevolence for a long time to come can only play one fleet mission.

What part of "can only play one fleet mission" was so terribly unclear?

Geos can beat the Executrix mission fairly easily

Says the guy with 5.3M GP 😉

If you get Mace as opposing fleet instead of Nego, Geos can beat the Executrix mission fairly easily.

Opening the Executrix CM to any DS capital ship but Thrawn would be a nice touch though.

That would indeed be the better solution. Ideally, both missions should be playable with any DS capital ship. They could make the 3 bug ships a hard requirement instead.
  • I would be happy if we could choose malevolence in p3/4 since there's no required capital ships. But it's still not an option.
  • ^^^ This is a gigantic problem. We can't use our separatist capital ship *at all* in TB.

Really glad I saved currency and got Malevolence to 7 stars. I just love not being able to use my seppie fleet in a seppie event.

Peak performance by the devs.
  • While most people bought negotiator or gear with GET2 I hoarded incase Malevolence came.

I have it 7*. One of the big payoffs of this move and months of hoarding was to use the sep capital ship in the monthly weeklong sep event.

What you may not understand is that you can't use it at all. It is disallowed. Even now in P3 where it doesn't list a capital ship requirement, you cannot use Malevolence - you just get to choose which imperial ship you use.

This is garbage. So I guess I have to wait another month and hope that they change it... what a payoff.
  • While most people bought negotiator or gear with GET2 I hoarded incase Malevolence came.

I have it 7*. One of the big payoffs of this move and months of hoarding was to use the sep capital ship in the monthly weeklong sep event.

What you may not understand is that you can't use it at all. It is disallowed. Even now in P3 where it doesn't list a capital ship requirement, you cannot use Malevolence - you just get to choose which imperial ship you use.

This is garbage. So I guess I have to wait another month and hope that they change it... what a payoff.

In agreement with this miss by EA, as noted in other threads. Let's hope EA recognizes the error and creates an update for Geo TB.

#EA_hurt_me_again
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    This is seriously getting out of hand. They’ve had ample time to rectify this and nothing has been done.
  • They have nothing to gain by adding Malevolence to DSTB. Right now people are taking their Geo pilots to g13 and buying relic packs in order to beat 2 missions per phase. Malevolence would likely make it possible to beat missions with g12 pilots.
  • I’d guess it’s the same reason they force a Poggle lead in the Phase 1 mission.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I’d guess it’s the same reason they force a Poggle lead in the Phase 1 mission.

Let us use Mal as an RI and force Vulture Cap.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Reading this thread is not inspiring for a guy in a guild just thinking about switching to DS Geo :(