Does anyone like the ST?

Prev13
If there are any please comment.
I Love Sequels

Replies

• storm trooper? new sith trooper? old sith trooper? Sun Tac?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Sequel trilogy? Yes, yes I do.
  • Sequel Trilogy.

I do. There are parts I don't like, but that doesn't mean I dislike it as a whole. I really like the parts I do like, and Star Wars is just fun to me. I'm very excited for Episode 9.
  • Sequel Trilogy.

I do. There are parts I don't like, but that doesn't mean I dislike it as a whole. I really like the parts I do like, and Star Wars is just fun to me. I'm very excited for Episode 9.

I just watched the nine episode. It was fun!
    I Love Sequels
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    storm trooper? new sith trooper? old sith trooper? Sun Tac?

Sequel trilogy
    I Love Sequels
  • I enjoyed TFA well enough. Still waiting for the next chapter.
  • I enjoyed TFA well enough. Still waiting for the next chapter.

And what about TLJ?
    I Love Sequels
  • Yup. Big fan. There are some definite weak moments (a certain "flowery" character, for one), and the storyline has some plot points I wish were a little different, BUT taking it for what it is, I'm totally on board.

I like to think about it in terms of eras. Don't get me wrong, I love the OT. But I grew up with the Prequels, so that era has my favorite stories and is where my heart will always belong. The ST falls somewhere in between the PT era and OT era.

It's all incredible though. TCW, Rebels, the books, Rogue One, etc. I feel very grateful that after 42 years, Star Wars is still gonna keep on rollin'.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    storm trooper? new sith trooper? old sith trooper? Sun Tac?

Sequel trilogy

dumb plot points, cool action, good stories, solid plot stuff, some lame action, and some subpar stories, plus they are star wars. so, yes
  • Sebek wrote: »
    I enjoyed TFA well enough. Still waiting for the next chapter.

And what about TLJ?

I can count the number of good scenes on no hands.
  • Star Tours.
    Clearly.
  • Boo
    4004 posts Member
    edited January 3
    I think the ST is fun and entertaining - but that doesn't mean they are good movies or especially good star wars movies.

There are parts I like a lot, but the parts I do not like are deal breakers for me. Namely:

* Depiction of Luke Skywalker's character;
    * Lack of direction and uselessness of Snoke;
    * Why Rey is OP with the force;
    * The Holdo Maneuver;
    * Palpatine's return and defeat;
    * Rey SKYWALKER and
    * The bad jokes.

I thought that although TFA was basically an unoriginal remake of ANH, it did set up characters and the new galaxy well, it gave the new trilogy some intrigue.

TLJ derailed the trilogy and TROS was just desperation to get the audience back on board and wrap everything up.

TLJ and TROS is what really destroyed this franchise due to the points I raised above.

Its a shame, because I really wanted to like this trilogy and I was horribly disappointed. At least currently, ROTJ ended things well, so I ignore that the ST ever exists, to me its just like EU fun.

I am focused on good star wars content, including the new Mandalorian show and the return of the Clone Wars for a start. Even the game Jedi Fallen Order is very good content, so good star wars is possible when in the hands of the right creative teams.
  • Ultra
    5631 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Sequel trilogy? Yes, yes I do.

• LordDirt
    1291 posts Member
    If you like Harry Potter you will like Episode 9. JJ has zero originality.
  • Boo
    4004 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    If you like Harry Potter you will like Episode 9. JJ has zero originality.

What's wrong with Harry Potter? I thought HP was fantastic.
  • Gifafi
    4023 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    I think the ST is fun and entertaining - but that doesn't mean they are good movies or especially good star wars movies.

like I said, just like the OT/PT. man I love these movies
  • LordDirt
    1291 posts Member
    Nothing wrong with it but Harry Potter copied SW and then JJ copied HP. Just funny.
  • LordDirt
    1291 posts Member
    Oh yea, l liked 7, enjoyed 8 and didn’t care for 9 too much. It was a fun ride at the beginning of 9 but too many issues with it and especially how it redid the Force again.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it but Harry Potter copied SW and then JJ copied HP. Just funny.

How so? As a fan of both I am wondering what I am forgetting
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Boo
    4004 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

I'd say that HP more so copied "The Worst Witch" and "Lord of the Rings" more than it took from Star Wars.

If JJ copied from HP - well we all know JJ is a hack. Just look at the Force Awakens - its one thing for a franchise to borrow ideas from other franchises, but its something else to borrow an entire movie from a previous movie, within the same franchise, lol.
  • TVF
    22355 posts Member
    Boo do you even play SWGOH? I can't remember a single post you've made that wasn't just a complaint about the ST. You know there's SW sites that aren't related to a game that you can use right?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4004 posts Member
    edited January 3
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo do you even play SWGOH? I can't remember a single post you've made that wasn't just a complaint about the ST. You know there's SW sites that aren't related to a game that you can use right?

You do know this is the "Off Topic" section of the game forum, right?

And of course I play SWGOH, my account is in my signature line of every post I make.
  • Nihion
    2637 posts Member

And of course I play SWGOH, my account is in my signature line of every post I make.

That’s his point, you only post in off topic. Which is fair, because the general Star Wars world is typically more entertaining than the future of the game.
  • TVF
    22355 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

That’s his point, you only post in off topic. Which is fair, because the general Star Wars world is typically more entertaining than the future of the game.

Yes / no.

• Nihion
    2637 posts Member

Yes / no.

You dare oppose the second half of me?
  • TVF
    22355 posts Member

Yes / no.

yes / yes
  • Nihion
    2637 posts Member

Yes / no.

yes / yes

It’s treason then/ That’s okay
  • I can’t find any place else to comment in can we please fix this screen bug. Or do I have to reload the game? It’s just ridiculous
  • LordDirt wrote: »

There is nothing new under the sun.
  • LordDirt
    1291 posts Member
    Really? So humans have peaked? Interesting!