Work on Dooku shards or no?

Rolf
1032 posts Member
After quite the slog I've gotten my CD up to 4*. Assuming they don't add any more places to get his shards, (and no crystal resets of his only two nodes) that means somewhere around 6-8 weeks to get to 5*. Quite daunting.
Now many have said that by the end game (or hopefully it becomes the mid game once new content's released) you stop using him. But I'm level 54 now and I'm finding it hard to imagine I'd dump him. His damage is still decent when you add up all his extra moves, but the big thing I can't imagine losing is the fact that he always moves first, and has a high rate stun. What are all you high-enders replacing him with that's so great?
My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.

Replies

• I've pretty much given up on Dooku for pvp. When you get into the upper ranked players in the arena Dooku is dead in two or three hits. I've been gradually removing him from my roster.
  • Good question, I'm in the same boat currently wanting to swap him out but his usefulness against healers and Jedi in general is nice right now. I'm using him and Sid. Sid will promote fine but as you said, Dooku is gonna take a while.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm almost 59 and still using him. Even if not in PvP (which I increasingly don't care about because all that matters is spending crystals to bypass the timers 5 minutes before the reward time) he is very useful in other modes. It will take a while but I'm working on him still.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ChaseKillz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm 54 as well and I've just recently replaced my dooku in PvP. But other than that he's constantly in majority of my PVE line ups. He's pretty important to me for what he brings to the table, every battle
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • hes super useful in pve, specifically in gw against jedi lineups. im grinding him up, slowly.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I'm still finding him useful in PvP too though. But then I'm just top 100 rank, not in the super elites I guess.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • I'm 55 and place top 10-20 and don't use him pvp, too easy to knock down.

Also too hard to keep up on star level with the poor shard farming options when compared to toons available in GW and PVP shipments.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I replaced him with Darth Vader or Old Daka, depending on how I'm feeling. It's more of a style choice; I love seeing my board crawling with mean-looking bad guys. B)
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • I will probably replace Dooku because he can't be farmed at the speedy locations but I'm going to keep farming him until he's 7 stars, even if it does take a few months.
  • He retains his purposed value on an anti jedi team at higher levels, but since the meta is shifting away from full jedi teams towards high damage, his usefulness isnt as consistant.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • **** wrote: »
    I've pretty much given up on Dooku for pvp. When you get into the upper ranked players in the arena Dooku is dead in two or three hits. I've been gradually removing him from my roster.

Are tou sure he gets killed first? First twonrounds are usually not the best moment to receive the extra damage that Dooku will deal. This is when all the soecials are exhausted and you have the highest risk.

Usually, when vs Doku, unless henis a weak Doku, I never try his luck. I'd receive 3000k average per team member on top of the other 4 damagers, plus any assistnor out of turn action.

I almost aleays win every arena match, and never pick their Dooku first. But if you didn't notice, I mentioned top 10, their Dooku, and my Dooku...we are all level 60 here.

• Almost every team I face has a dooku. Some are strong and some weak depending on their level and gear. I'm sure the same principle applies to other toons as well. Ultimately you want some synergy in your team and ask yourself if dooku offer that synergy.
  • I have 3 siths running in my pvp team and when they see Maul leading point, I feel that gives Duku more time to stun and jump around.. with Maul's leader bonus, they do last longer.. it's not a perfect synergy, but for what I need it for, it works fine. Defence I'd like to see how it stacks up.. if I don't get lucky, I lose pretty fast.
  • dooku nice to have until u get some big hitters with speed. dooku shines in pve as u get ale a lot but in PvP he isn't gonna be first team.
  • Yeah he takes a while to farm. I will be unlocking him tomorrow after farming his shards 6 battles per day since global release. To put that in context sid is halfway to level 6 by now.