Which toons can we expect to see from rise of Skywalker?

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member

flux_rono wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Considering how bad of a movie Rise of Skywalker is, I'd be happy if CG just skipped to whatever they had planned next.

i dont think many people found it bad, most enjoyed it from what ive seen so far

"I don't think many people found it bad". I wish that were true. I wanted nothing more than for this movie to unite the fanbase like the Mandalorian has, but it's done the exact opposite.

Based off RT 85% of viewers liked it so your statement is patently false.
    85% of people say Taco Bell is their favorite mexican restaurant, so I don't really care what 85% of an audience of anything has to say. The entire sequel trilogy was soulless garbage.

thats your opinion and thats fine but still overall most people seem to like the movie and there is not much you can say against it

Agree.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Considering how bad of a movie Rise of Skywalker is, I'd be happy if CG just skipped to whatever they had planned next.

i dont think many people found it bad, most enjoyed it from what ive seen so far

"I don't think many people found it bad". I wish that were true. I wanted nothing more than for this movie to unite the fanbase like the Mandalorian has, but it's done the exact opposite.

85% of people say Taco Bell is their favorite mexican restaurant, so I don't really care what 85% of an audience of anything has to say. The entire sequel trilogy was soulless garbage.

thats your opinion and thats fine but still overall most people seem to like the movie and there is not much you can say against it

Agree.

Yep, I liked it. I also like the Golden Globes opening monologue. Who cares what any of us like?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Agree.

Yep, I liked it. I also like the Golden Globes opening monologue. Who cares what any of us like?

Exactly
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »

I found Mandalorian campy

As did I. Because it's Star Wars, and literally every Star Wars product has been campy.

Well, it is 75% liked on Google (unknown number of reviews), 86% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes (70k reviews), 7/10 on IMDb (172k reviews), and then almost perfectly split on Metacritic (5.0 score, 1.5k positive and negative with 500 mixed). Seems like most viewers liked it based on the composite of 4 different review options.

That's great, because it means they'll make more. Unfortunately general audience scores and Star Wars "fandom" are two different things as we saw for Last Jedi. The majority of people like Last Jedi, but the "fandom" threw a tantrum about it. The same is happening for Rise of Skywalker, but luckily this time there are apparently not as many middle-aged men who "had their childhood ruined" making accounts to complain on review sites.

Agree.

Literally every person trying to sell us the product.

Well, it is 75% liked on Google (unknown number of reviews), 86% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes (70k reviews), 7/10 on IMDb (172k reviews), and then almost perfectly split on Metacritic (5.0 score, 1.5k positive and negative with 500 mixed). Seems like most viewers liked it based on the composite of 4 different review options.

Rotten tomatoes always has stupid reviews so for me they have no credibility and google and IMDb aren’t the greatest either. Most who don’t like it(like me) won’t bother to put a review because we would rather forget about the sequels
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    MADMAN3199 wrote: »

Rotten tomatoes always has stupid reviews so for me they have no credibility and google and IMDb aren’t the greatest either. Most who don’t like it(like me) won’t bother to put a review because we would rather forget about the sequels

Maybe it’s just that some people out there try to see a movie for what it gives us and not destroy it out of hatred.

Maybe it’s just that some people out there try to see a movie for what it gives us and not destroy it out of hatred.

For me and many people I know it gives us nothing except maybe a bad copy paste of the originals
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

For me and many people I know it gives us nothing except maybe a bad copy paste of the originals

See, but that’s where you’re absolutely wrong. You can dislike these movies, to each their own, but you have to admit that they have brought something to the world. I also believe that people who attempt to find the good and the meaning in everything are typically happier.
  • MADMAN3199 wrote: »

So you didn't like the movie, but you didn't dislike it enough to voice your opinion and try and influence the future of the Star Wars franchise by saying "this was bad, do something different". Seems logical.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

If that were the case, wouldn't every movie ever only have positive reviews? Or is this lack of negative review thing specific to Star Wars movies only?

If that were the case, wouldn't every movie ever only have positive reviews? Or is this lack of negative review thing specific to Star Wars movies only?

Specific to Star Wars for just not bothering to review

See, but that’s where you’re absolutely wrong. You can dislike these movies, to each their own, but you have to admit that they have brought something to the world. I also believe that people who attempt to find the good and the meaning in everything are typically happier.

Nothing good has come from these except maybe making people no longer dislike the prequels. Would have been better off if Disney didn’t bother making the movies

So you didn't like the movie, but you didn't dislike it enough to voice your opinion and try and influence the future of the Star Wars franchise by saying "this was bad, do something different". Seems logical.

Disney doesn’t give a **** what fans think because they already have people’s money so you can try to influence the future of Star Wars but it’ll end up doing nothing and being a waste of time.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Disney doesn’t give a **** what fans think because they already have people’s money so you can try to influence the future of Star Wars but it’ll end up doing nothing and being a waste of time.

This is false. The Last Jedi got a huge negative response from the audience, so Disney changed directions and ended with 9. You don’t have the evidence to say that people who disliked the movie didn’t care to review, so the Internet polls are the best we have.

This is false. The Last Jedi got a huge negative response from the audience, so Disney changed directions and ended with 9. You don’t have the evidence to say that people who disliked the movie didn’t care to review, so the Internet polls are the best we have.

Disney changed nothing it was a different director for 8 and 9. Plus with J.J Abrams he definitely doesn’t care what people say

Sir, this is an Arby’s.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Charlo999 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    It is now.
    She took the Falcon, the lightsabers and the X Wing. She gets everything plus all the powers too. Ghosts get nothing!

Ghosts can now call lightning, power up people with Jedi power and catch physical objects.

Your move.

Thought they could only do physical things on that island since it is a power point.

The powering up people is a new thing Disney added since the Emperor had every Sith inside him too.

Not to go full off topic but it isn't a new thing. Using force ghosts to power yourself up is something they have done in books and even games. The Old Republic had a few class storylines that revolve around it. And it makes sense to the lore really, it has been a thing since the original trilogy that when one strong in he force dies they can become one with the force. Disney made it a thing that only light side users can come back as "ghosts" but the dark side users can leave lingering remnants of themselves behind via holocrons and such.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Disney changed nothing it was a different director for 8 and 9. Plus with J.J Abrams he definitely doesn’t care what people say

It was Colin Trevorrow; then TLJ had a negative response, Disney renamed these trilogies the “Skywalker Saga” and suddenly announced that this is the last movie.

Regardless if Internet reviews impact Disney or not, the only real evidence of the audiences opinion we have are these reviews, which show that the general audience like the movie.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    So, um, what toons can we expect to see from Rise of Skywalker?

I need that little dude.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I need that little dude.

Babu Frik or D-O? Or Palpatine lol?

D-O
    Light Side, Droid, Resistance

Squeaky Wheel: Defeat all opponents.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Palpatine was little?
  • TVF wrote: »

I need that little dude.

Babu!
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Palpatine was little?

The joke didn’t make sense. But sure.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Palpatine was little?

I'd unlock Short Stuff Palpatine
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Palpatine was little?

I'd unlock Short Stuff Palpatine

So would I.

Bad joke incoming:

Do It: (Basic)
    Create Rey.

I’ll pack my things.
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I kind of hope the galactic legends get "changed", it says the names will change after spoilers are free. These seem like they will be the best and final versions of each character so really Rey should be
    Rey Skywalker with the orange lightsaber
    and Kylo should be
    Ben Solo a light side toon with a blue lightsaber
    . After all this is the final movie so they will ought to be the final version of both.