Be With Me.... (Spoiler)

Prev13
LynnYoda
1017 posts Member
with Rey apparently being all the Jedi at the end of EP9 and the voices of the Jedi who came before her being heard speaking to her:
Yoda, Obi Wan, Anakin, Mace, QGJ, Lumi a few others but most notably Ahsoka
how does it make any sense since Ahsoka left the Jedi Order after being framed by Barriss.
the next we see of her is in Rebels as Fulcrum and then she leaves with Sabine to go try and find Ezra.
nothing is seen or heard from again.
so we now to believe she is dead and somehow she went back into the Jedi Order before she died or another explanation still to be revealed?
nothing makes sense as to why her voice is heard with the other Jedi

Replies

• Fan service.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Movie is just total fan service. Not much of it makes sense. It is a bad Star Wars movie.

Now they are saying she might not be dead but just knew Rey needed her support. Really stupid.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nothing says you have to be a part of the Jedi to become "one with the force" and a force ghost.. Vader was redeemed, but never rejoined the Jedi order and he became a force ghost....
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Vader was a Jedi before he went dark...

Wait, Ashoka and lumi spoke to Rey?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

True, and ahsoka was a Jedi before she left the order.... That was pretty much my point...

And yes, OP's post is correct in listing the Jedi that spoke to rey, I believe ayyla securra was one as well....
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Voices

Anakin Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker
    Luminara Unduli
    Ahsoka Tano
    Aayla Secura
    Mace Windu
    Obi Wan Kenobi (young)
    Obi Wan Kenobi (old)
    Yoda
    Adi Gallia
    Kannan Jarus
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Post edited by LordDirt on
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Thanks for the list!
  • 1. Thanks for the list, where did you get it, I was wondering who all was speaking because I heard more than 1 female voice.

2. Wasn't Leia in there too?

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Movie is just total fan service. Not much of it makes sense. It is a bad Star Wars movie.

Now they are saying she might not be dead but just knew Rey needed her support. Really stupid.

Most of Star Wars currently is fan service. The entirety of the MCU is fan service. How do you think Disney plans to make money in the future? Nostalgia and fan service.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    1. Thanks for the list, where did you get it, I was wondering who all was speaking because I heard more than 1 female voice.

2. Wasn't Leia in there too?

Crap, left her off

The people listed are in the credits after the movie or you can just pull it up off some sites.

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Most of Star Wars currently is fan service. The entirety of the MCU is fan service. How do you think Disney plans to make money in the future? Nostalgia and fan service.

This movie was just in your face about it.

Billy Dee just rolled out of bed, put on a funky outfit and laughed the whole time.

Ben and Rey kissing?

Leia’slightsaber
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Billy Dee just rolled out of bed, put on a funky outfit and laughed the whole time.

Ben and Rey kissing?

Leia’slightsaber

Again: Everything about Marvel. It’s all literally based on fan favorite moments. The Mandalorian copies so many aspects of the original Star Wars, it’s like they are trying to remake 7 but for ultra OT fans.

This is just how Disney movies are now. I expected it, and that made the movie just like a normal movie. Were those moments fan service? Yes. Was Cap picking up the hammer revisiting New York 2012 Civil War Lando Hondo Leia Maul Ashoka Rex in Rebels literally everything about new live action remakes a Disney money grab from nostalgia hungry complete fan service loving people? Also yes. The industry is losing its quality. That’s just the way things are, TROS is no exception.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Ben and Rey kissing?

Leia’slightsaber

I will take all the fan-service I can get.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    with Rey apparently being all the Jedi at the end of EP9 and the voices of the Jedi who came before her being heard speaking to her:
    how does it make any sense since Ahsoka left the Jedi Order after being framed by Barriss.
    the next we see of her is in Rebels as Fulcrum and then she leaves with Sabine to go try and find Ezra.
    so we now to believe she is dead and somehow she went back into the Jedi Order before she died or another explanation still to be revealed?

Nothing makes sense in regard to the sequel trilogy.

Additionally, if Rey hears Anakin, does that mean Palpatine does not have Darth Vader's power? SO switching sides, does that mean your power is taken away and re-assigned depending on what "faction" you serve?

The whole thing is ridiculous.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Its not even "fan service" considering how much of the established lore is broken.

It is just mindless nostalgia and poor story telling.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

True, and ahsoka was a Jedi before she left the order.... That was pretty much my point...

And yes, OP's post is correct in listing the Jedi that spoke to rey, I believe ayyla securra was one as well....

Asoka was not a Jedi. She didn’t get passed the padawan stage and left the order, so close but no cigar.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »

Nothing makes sense in regard to the sequel trilogy.

Additionally, if Rey hears Anakin, does that mean Palpatine does not have Darth Vader's power? SO switching sides, does that mean your power is taken away and re-assigned depending on what "faction" you serve?

The whole thing is ridiculous.

I really think those were just lines to hype the audience. Any look into them as lore is just complicated and contrary to the point of the film.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Ben and Rey kissing?

Leia’slightsaber

I have a friend who shares this thought. The problem is that fan service does nothing to display themes, creativity, or a good story arc. It’s mostly just back peddling the entire industry to cheap one shots that attempt to lure viewers for their money.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Asoka was not a Jedi. She didn’t get passed the padawan stage and left the order, so close but no cigar.

Ok, we got a badass here..... A Padawan Jedi is still a Jedi.....
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

A lawyer is not a lawyer until they finish training and pass a test . A doctor is not a doctor until they finish training and pass a test. Same concept applies. She was training to be a Jedi, however, didn’t complete the training and never took the trials, therefore, not a Jedi. Not a basass, just pointing out fact.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

A lawyer is not a lawyer until they finish training and pass a test . A doctor is not a doctor until they finish training and pass a test. Same concept applies. She was training to be a Jedi, however, didn’t complete the training and never took the trials, therefore, not a Jedi. Not a basass, just pointing out fact.

Then why does the game give her the Jedi tag?

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Master

All still members of the Jedi. Before you ask, here’s the difference with Luke-
    Luke was trained by Ben and Yoda to use the force, but was never a true “Padawan”
    After Empire he worked on his training, and then became a Jedi (straight to Knight, no formal Padawan training)
    For an even deeper dive, look at some Star Wars canon sites about the Jedi and training. It’s to my knowledge that they train (such as younglings under master Yoda) until they become a Padawan, which is Jedi status, but working with a master on missions in order to hone your skills and rank up to Knight.
  • Correct.... Also, transcending the physical realm and becoming one with the force is a force skill like any other, qui gon jinn discovered it and trained others how to do it... Regardless of whether you are a Jedi or not, you can still use this ability as long as you are force sensitive... Leia was one of the voices as well....
  • More proof that no one hates Star Wars more than a Star Wars fan.

Movie was fantastic. I've seen it twice and I want to go see it right freaking now.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited January 2020

Then why does the game give her the Jedi tag?

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Master

All still members of the Jedi. Before you ask, here’s the difference with Luke-
    Luke was trained by Ben and Yoda to use the force, but was never a true “Padawan”
    After Empire he worked on his training, and then became a Jedi (straight to Knight, no formal Padawan training)
    For an even deeper dive, look at some Star Wars canon sites about the Jedi and training. It’s to my knowledge that they train (such as younglings under master Yoda) until they become a Padawan, which is Jedi status, but working with a master on missions in order to hone your skills and rank up to Knight.

Difference with Luke is that he came after the order fell, so the rules were out the Windu. Asoka’s time was when the order was around, therefore, the rules apply to her, double therefore, she’s not a Jedi. Luke and Rey don’t have those rules to follow anymore since there is no Jedi order, triple therefore, they can be whatever they say they are.

Padawan is a Jedi in training, not a Jedi, just like a doctor in training is not a doctor. By your logic, Rey ( Jedi training) should have the Jedi tag, but she doesn’t.
  • It's almost like some people in this post think fan service is a bad thing.. :/ weird people
  • Nihion wrote: »

Ben and Rey kissing?

Leia’slightsaber

I have a friend who shares this thought. The problem is that fan service does nothing to display themes, creativity, or a good story arc. It’s mostly just back peddling the entire industry to cheap one shots that attempt to lure viewers for their money.

I agree that it can often do those things. And I really don't like the Rey and Ben kiss. Could have done without it.

But there is also an aspect of "fan service" that can engage creativity and the story with the audience that's not just meant to be garbage cheap shots. This is not some garbage magna with animated people in bathing suits or a romantic novel that's just one big description of something R rated. This is Star Wars. Of course there is going to be fan service. Baby Yoda is Baby Yoda cause of fan service, and it works in so many ways outside of "give us your money." The same can be said of Rise of Skywalker. There is so much in this movie that can be called "fan service" and it works on so many levels. There will be people who don't like it and think it's cheap, but there are people like your friend and I who appreciate the efforts and time it took to think this stuff through. On the topic of this post, I absolutely love every single Jedi voice that spoke to Rey, and really appreciate that Anakin's voice spoke to her most.

TL;DR: It's all based on your opinion. And for me and your friend, this movie and its fan service served us well.