Open world Star Wars game

Hey what u up to guys I just had an idea and I thought why not put it in here yous guys should create an open work Star Wars game where you could fly to different planets and explore buy new ships and fly with friends also explore the planets with your friends would be a good game in my opinion!

Replies

• Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Punctuation is the word of the day.
  • The game you are looking for is called "Star Wars, The Old Republic". It is free to play or you can subscribe.
  • ...the game "was" called star wars galaxies.

It closed a number of years ago.
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Swtor or star wars the old republic like @Obiwantuan said. Its ftp or subscription, I recommend subscribe once to become a preferred member after it runs out. It's a pretty fun game with ALOT of single play story elements despite being a mmorpg
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Yeah you can still play galaxies if you want. Even pre patch galaxies.

Old republic should be on your radar op, its kinda exactly what you asked for. Its free to play and has premium stuff for subscribers (really worth it to get it once so your preferred status after your first month subscription)

Id give you a referral code, but youd have to reach out to me privately. EA doesnt like it when you put referral links to its other games, even extremely related ones that would benefit from cross promoting each other, on the forums. Its silly i know, youd think every time someone bought one of the marvel comics or cartel coins or a new copy of fallen jedi that theyd want an advertisement and 25 free crystal code (cause that's bank breaking for cg) to get people dling and trying goh. But what the heck do i know, ive only been greedily consuming star wars products for 30 years.
  • Why would you ask CG this?
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Best game which would be something like that is Star Citizen. They may open up mod tools in the future so they could make a Star Wars mod for it.
  • Lynora
    102 posts Member
    Capital Games is the last company I would want making new Star Wars games.
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Why would you ask CG this?

Don't question the OP. He will go full on scout trooper on you. lol. #justiceforbabyyoda
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1704 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Is like to see Bethesda get a hold of the SW license and do something like Skyrim, but in a Star Wars universe, complete with planet traveling like OP suggeste, as you can do in Mass Effect. Craft your own weapons, sabers, mine your own Kyber crystals for sabers or weapons, have multiple “home” locations with the ability to create new ones in other planets.

Various races , genders, professions, guilds and so on. I wouldn’t be seen for at least a year if that thing was a thing.

Wasn’t able to play TOR , only KOTOR AND KOTOR 2, but they were great game’s in their own right, too.
  • The Old Republic is only F2P up to a certain point, and then you have to pay for it... So maybe if you don't play it often you could play "for a while" for free.

Don't question the OP. He will go full on scout trooper on you. lol. #justiceforbabyyoda

Dw an IG droid will pop up and disassemble his limbs one by one
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Dw an IG droid will pop up and disassemble his limbs one by one

Then IG11 will initiate self destruct sequence in accordance to his factory settings.

But that scene was sad...
  • Star wars galaxies was, and still remains my fav SW game EVER. I still miss it
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    FRAAMC wrote: »
    Star wars galaxies was, and still remains my fav SW game EVER. I still miss it

Swgemu.com

Your welcome :)

I can't tell... Is it only for computers or is it available for phones too?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »

Swgemu.com

I can't tell... Is it only for computers or is it available for phones too?

Just computers. No consoles either. Shame.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I know that people enjoyed or enjoy the star wars MMO games, the likes of Galaxies and SWTOR, personally, I am not a fan.

I never got into Galaxies, but certainly tried SWTOR, having been a huge fan of KOTOR and KOTOR 2, which were available on game consoles (Xbox).

The third installment was an MMO, which was forced on players like me who loved the previous 2 games and dislike MMO style.

MMO, for me, takes the immersive feel out of the game - you constantly see so many other players running around the world like some chicken race - its really silly.

Furthermore (and the worst thing about it) they make the game so difficult that you have to team up with other players to complete quests. I spent ages on one quest where no player I encountered wanted to team up with me. I therefore could not progress in the game - I simply could no longer play it. The game has remained dusty, unplayed on a shelf ever since.

Seems wrong to me that they hook fans in with easy to play single player games, leave the 2nd game on a cliffhanger, then release the final game completely different style (MMO and PC only) which was somewhat unplayable and problematic for certain fans of the first 2 games.

They should have created a "story mode" option where you could play the main story in a single player fashion - but they didn't. A real shame.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »

Swgemu.com

I checked this out, um, not sure what's going on. is it text-based?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Has anyone else heard the rumours of a KOTOR remake/revamp game?

If this is true, it makes me wonder why they would do this if the next movies are going to be KOTOR? Surely wait until the movie versions are out or go ahead if there are no movie versions coming.

Thoughts?
  • Kryptic
    109 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Boo wrote: »

If this is true, it makes me wonder why they would do this if the next movies are going to be KOTOR? Surely wait until the movie versions are out or go ahead if there are no movie versions coming.

Thoughts?

I’d love another KOTOR game, though I haven’t heard anything about it.

There was an article last May that the writers for Game of Thrones were going to work on an Old Republic trilogy but I’m pretty sure that was cancelled.

I think right now the next movies will be during the high republic ~400 years before TPM. However, I do hope they go to the Old Republic soon, but I’m also nervous to see how they would interpret that era and implement it... I don’t want it to be like the ST in which case it would ruin my favorite era.
  • Boo wrote: »

Thoughts?

I'm not sure whether to be excited or worried.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Kryptic wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Thoughts?

I’d love another KOTOR game, though I haven’t heard anything about it.

There was an article last May that the writers for Game of Thrones were going to work on an Old Republic trilogy but I’m pretty sure that was cancelled.

I think right now the next movies will be during the high republic ~400 years before TPM. However, I do hope they go to the Old Republic soon, but I’m also nervous to see how they would interpret that era and implement it... I don’t want it to be like the ST in which case it would ruin my favorite era.

So it is apparently confirmed that EA is making a KOTOR game - not entirely sure if this is a sequel or a remake.

Ya the GOT guys are gone, but that doesn't mean the original project is gone about making KOTOR movies.

Like it or not one of the major problems the ST had was that it swept away many beloved EU stories in order to tell their story, many fans disliked how the ST did that, but also how the ST disrespected legacy characters.

Characters like Luke, Han and Leia for an era revered by fans - yet KOTOR is another highly popular era with their own characters that have become legendary among fans.

Making movies of the KOTOR era could be dangerous after how the ST received mixed reactions from fans.
    If they are gonna make KOTOR movies, then they need to respect the story that is already set and do it right.

I initially thought movies from the KOTOR era could bring the franchise back on track, but when I look at it in this context, it seems like a very bold move.