Underrated G13/Relic Characters?

Prev134
Dryff
672 posts Member
I'm prepping to G13 a couple of more characters, and I'd like to know what characters people have had a lot of fun with, outside of the obvious (DR, JKR, Padme teams, etc.).

I've noticed that a G13 KRU is a complete stone wall in GAC, same with G13 Bossk. Both can stop an opponent in their tracks and have ships.

Anyone have experience with G13 Enfys?

Has anyone bothered to G13 any of the Solo characters? I have a full G12 Qi'ra team, so I'd be interested to hear if G13 L3, Vandor, or Young Solo would make this cut.

Replies

• I was definitely thinking about a G13 Nest, but I read somewhere that she is listed as an attacker, so her relic, while doing more damage, doesn't enhance her survivability in any meaningful way, so I've held off. I've heard good things about Dooku. Strongly considering BB8, but this is 100% just because I like him in the films and I need a fluff project after the grind that was prepping for GAS.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    I was definitely thinking about a G13 Nest, but I read somewhere that she is listed as an attacker, so her relic, while doing more damage, doesn't enhance her survivability in any meaningful way, so I've held off. I've heard good things about Dooku. Strongly considering BB8, but this is 100% just because I like him in the films and I need a fluff project after the grind that was prepping for GAS.

I love the Dooku idea for my main, since I already have him at G12+3 and zetaed. Would love to hear from those that have actually upped him to G13!
  • A G13 Enfys... nightmare... yikes. Can't wait to do it. Haha.

I have G13 KRU and Kylo. They've saved me a few times in these 3v3 GAC on defense, paired with G12 FOE/X. And in P4 of the HSTR, whew Kylo can rake. If you can get Traya to Isolate KRU, and then use unbreakable will on Kylo (making sure he does not have retribution buff), Traya will hit Kylo a zillion times, making his offense increase each time. Then use Outrage, and boom you've got yourself some triple digit damage numbers right there. I've done over a million with Kylo alone in P4 vs. just Traya, and my Kylo is modded for health and speed, not necessarily damage. It's great! So G13 him! Whoo!

Do JTR teams count as obvious teams? If not, then JTR, R2, and Finn! I have the first two, just need to finish the last piece for Finn. Damage and health go way up in the HSTR, especially with G13 R2.

For the Solo team, Young Han seems like a good choice cause of his damage. Or L3 to make her harder to take down.
  • R2D2 is a smart 1 because it boosts his enhancement to others. Also, taking him to R7.
    Here is mine. https://swgoh.gg/p/335998188/characters/r2-d2
  • G13 Nest is very strong much more reliable taking on full teams by herself. Also harder to beat without JKR or Nihilus.

I also G13 bossk and jango they are really solid jango gets really strong for GEO TB deals serious damage.

Canderous ordo gets the biggest damage buff from G13 he's probably well worth the investment

84lx1lug3n60.png
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    FOX. Modded correctly he hits bloody hard right off the bat.

G13 Finn is great in all 3 raids. Can easily get 15mil in P1 on a poor RNG run.
  • Really any of the Bounty Hunters, but Embo in particular. I have him at R6, and his damage is just insane. 90% base CC, his hat throw, and hitting under protection are substantial.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Not sure if Han/Chewie are considered obvious or if you've done them already but I love them. Even better that they pilot a very strong ship as well. Definitely agree on Bossk and Jango. I have both at R4 and Bossk soaks insane damage, and Jango deals insane damage, like mentioned above. Also, if you're into NS, a R7 Spirit is supposed to transform the team into an absolute nightmare.
  • Hoard for GL meta.

Then there will be 20 new characters you must G13
  • Embo. Under Bossk lead with his total crit immunity and protection based attacks, he so underestimated...
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I have done groups of 2 R7’s to spread the wealth and help with Geos and GAC as well...

Bossk and Embo... can 3/4 final round of Geos and hold on D unless they use a hard counter.

Treya and Wampa... both can get hitting 100k+ on basic and can 2-4/4 final Geos(with Nihlas of course) increases Treya survivability so she’s not the easy take down.

Alpha and Spy Geos.... again only a hard counter and beat them and they go 3-4/4 on last round Geos event.

I don’t retreat any of these and at this time I’m sitting on the ability to R7 a full team and more zetas than I’d admit.... I am in full hoarding mode as there has to be a Massive Meta shift coming and I want to be ready...

Best of luck!

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I am going to do 86 on my alt, because he knows what he did on my main.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Hoard for GL meta.

Then there will be 20 new characters you must G13

Or just play the game and enjoy what you have and avoid stressing over something new every time.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    I was definitely thinking about a G13 Nest, but I read somewhere that she is listed as an attacker, so her relic, while doing more damage, doesn't enhance her survivability in any meaningful way, so I've held off. I've heard good things about Dooku. Strongly considering BB8, but this is 100% just because I like him in the films and I need a fluff project after the grind that was prepping for GAS.

Everyone gets more STR from increasing gear levels and enhancing relics, regardless of archetype. More STR = more health = more bonus protection. I got stopped dead by a relic'd Qi'ra/Nest during the last bracket of GAC. Had already used my trump card teams and just couldn't do any damage at all.

I relic'd and zeta'd Young Han just for giggles to make my HAAT solo team go faster, but he's actually turned out to be a big asset in GAC. I throw him in under old Lando against a B-team and just let him counter everything to death.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    R2D2 is a smart 1 because it boosts his enhancement to others. Also, taking him to R7.
    Here is mine. https://swgoh.gg/p/335998188/characters/r2-d2

My alt uses R7 CLS, Han, Chewie, and R2. Definitely a powerhouse damage team!

@Foxer I totally forgot about Wampa. I imagine a R4/5 Wampa with tenacity would be insane.

I think Bossk, Enfys, and KRU seem to be consensus good G13 picks.
  • I've found that a relic Nest isn't all that much more annoying to face than a well modded G12+ Nest so I think you're better off saving those upgrades for others. If you have a Nest counter that can beat the G12+ version it also probably can handle the relic version.

Someone earlier asked about relic Dooku... mine is r5 and is phenomenal in Geo TB, and just fine in pvp modes. He's still just so, so squishy even with the health and defense boosts that if anyone uses one of the top 5-6 tiered teams against him if you've used him on defense then he just dies and can't do much. The damage has increased quite a bit though so on offense he can really be useful against quite a few teams. His shock is doing 65k+ damage and usually around 18-20k on his basic.

All in all I'm happy I upgraded Dooku, but there are still better options out there.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Someone earlier asked about relic Dooku... mine is r5 and is phenomenal in Geo TB, and just fine in pvp modes. He's still just so, so squishy even with the health and defense boosts that if anyone uses one of the top 5-6 tiered teams against him if you've used him on defense then he just dies and can't do much. The damage has increased quite a bit though so on offense he can really be useful against quite a few teams. His shock is doing 65k+ damage and usually around 18-20k on his basic.

All in all I'm happy I upgraded Dooku, but there are still better options out there.

How do you have Dooku modded?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Is Daka or Spirit the better Relic for NS? Assuming already have Relic AV, for...reasons.
  • Is Daka or Spirit the better Relic for NS? Assuming already have Relic AV, for...reasons.

I haven’t done it yet myself but apparently high relic Daka is great. Faced a couple teams with R6 Daka and it’s nightmare trying to kill her and she keeps resurrecting the others
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Not speaking from experience, but it sounds like Daka and Spirit are "the two" for their faction. Like KRU/FOX, Bossk/Jango, Han/Chewie, etc. Daka gets almost as much HP as GG, and Spirit gets 5K HP, 10% Health Steal, and 440 AGI which translates to a ton of damage/CC, on top of the 8 speed. A fast Spirit is supposed to throw a wrench in a lot of teams that normally do well vs NS, so there's that. Take it for what you will.

DAKA, Daka, Daka. She carries my NS through Geo. Didn't do phase 4 but they 4/4 each phase. Final round they all get aoe'd, Daka revives. Her health gets huge, mine is at 116k at R5
  • Trying to decide whether I'm better off going Nest, Bossk, Jango or Dooku after Jolee and Han. Will do all, just a matter of priority. I have GG, JKA, JKR, GMY and just got GK up. Also, yes I'm aware this may take me into the winter lol.
  • Jolee heals based off his max health so G13 + relic makes sense on him.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

I've tried it about 10 different ways. Crit Damage, Offense, Speed + Potency, High Tenacity... no matter what you do you'll be lacking in one way or the other unless you have absolute God mods. And if you do, you're better off using them elsewhere rather than on Count Dooku because you'll still be too squishy in the end.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether I'm better off going Nest, Bossk, Jango or Dooku after Jolee and Han. Will do all, just a matter of priority. I have GG, JKA, JKR, GMY and just got GK up. Also, yes I'm aware this may take me into the winter lol.

Bossk for the ship if you have a competitive fleet shard. He's also very strong with relics although for the most part tanks don't benefit as much as attackers. Which brings me to Jango. Jango becomes an absolute damage monster with relics and he obviously gets the one free revive so there's plenty of survivability. Read my above about Dooku for those thoughts
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether I'm better off going Nest, Bossk, Jango or Dooku after Jolee and Han. Will do all, just a matter of priority. I have GG, JKA, JKR, GMY and just got GK up. Also, yes I'm aware this may take me into the winter lol.

Bossk for the ship if you have a competitive fleet shard. He's also very strong with relics although for the most part tanks don't benefit as much as attackers. Which brings me to Jango. Jango becomes an absolute damage monster with relics and he obviously gets the one free revive so there's plenty of survivability. Read my above about Dooku for those thoughts

Good call on the ships, prolly gonna move Bossk up the list and drop Nest before or after Jango. A former guild member has an R7 Jango and loves it. I also kinda wanna find a worth relic that seems underappreciated because I've noticed in GAC it's very important to have "surprise" squads that aren't commonly encountered.
  • Talzin's direct damage is probably like Han's attack when she is relic
  • Traya?
  • Jarvind wrote: »

I've tried it about 10 different ways. Crit Damage, Offense, Speed + Potency, High Tenacity... no matter what you do you'll be lacking in one way or the other unless you have absolute God mods. And if you do, you're better off using them elsewhere rather than on Count Dooku because you'll still be too squishy in the end.

I disagree, my R7 Dooku hits for 40k on basic (60 with offense up) and I've had his special hit for 200k. I roll with an offense set, offense arrow and cross. CD triangle, protection circle. He's already fast, so speed isn't all that important.

I also have R7 Nest, fun for GAC. I save her for offense and typically get an easy clear on most b teams. R5 FOX is a blast with Hux. He's hitting at 60k on basic followed by 30k with Sith Trooper.