The state of the game...

Replies

• It is so sad when people who play games measure whether a community or fun or the game's health by corporate profits.

I'm an officer in a large guild family. Turnover is worse than ever. Almost nobody is having fun. Every couple of weeks there is a new straw that broke the camel's back for another group of our members. A huge portion of people are just holding on hoping something changes soon, others are just becoming increasingly casual.

You can't tell me that isn't the case because that is what I actually see constantly with my own two eyes.

This tells me however much money they are making, it could be far more. I know whales that are done spending because they bought GAS and second round FTP have beat them to 7* 7 relic.

Have you considered player retention is low due to guild apathy? I wouldn't want to stay with a bunch of Debbie Downers either.
    My sample size of 50 shows both steady spending and player retention.
  • You have people having thought out discussion, and one mouth breather just repeating “anecdotal” 😂

anecdotal
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • jfears2 wrote: »
    You have people having thought out discussion, and one mouth breather just repeating “anecdotal” 😂

anecdotal

Dying
  • Somebody in here said the game is dying so ...
    Mw6xLl3.gif
  • Somebody in here said the game is dying so ...
    Mw6xLl3.gif

Drink a slurp juice and regain protection?
  • leef wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    gatormatt wrote: »
    According to the graph SWGOH grossed $152 million in both 2017 and 2018. And then saw a loss of -$23 million in 2019 for a total gross income of $129 million in 2019.

leef I'm not here to take sides but if you are going to use a graph to prove that income for SWGOH is not dropping, do not use one that proves otherwise.
    20% drop in profits is quite big but nothing compared to how many people didn't realise that the graph showed 2019 as the worst year for gross earning December blinded you lol.

except i'm not using a graph to prove anything, i simply reposted a graph, pointed out that dec 2019 was the 2nd most profitable month in the last 3 years, asked my fellow forum members to explain how that is actually a bad thing and sat back to enjoy what people come up with. To me it's funny/interresting to see how different people with different opinions interpret that graph differently.
    Take you for example, why did you compare 2019 to the previous years instead of comparing the last quarter of 2019 to the first 3 quarters or 2019, or to the last quarter of the previous years? The former shows a drop in revenue, but the other two show an increase in revenue.

"december 2019 was the 2nd most profitable month in the last 3 years (maybe ever)"

-See March 2018
    What's your point? I can see that March 2018 was the most profitble month in the last 3 years (maybe ever), hence me saying december 2019 is the 2nd most profitable month in the last 3 years (maybe ever).
    ." Work your magic fellow forum users and explain how that is actually a bad and a clear sign that the game is dying"

This implies that the data presented shows a growth in the game due to a increase in revenue.
    How does that imply that the data presented shows a growth in the game due to a increase in revenue? Obviously i was being sarcastic, but at most it implies that i think the game isn't dying.
    However, the data presented shows a growth aswell as a decline in sales, it just depends on how you look at it. So if i was implying that the presented data shows a growth in sales i would be correct. I never once mentioned or implied anything about a growth in the game, so i'm just ignoring that part.
    We can compare the last quarter of December 19 to the first in 17 and find it down 3million .

The reason I took it year by year was just to simplify everything ,plus that's how I do my taxes .

What would be the point of comparing the last quarter of 2019 (assuming that is what you meant) to the first quarter in 2017?
    I do see the point of comparing by year, which obviously shows a decline in sales. Uncontrary to what you may believe, i can actually read a graph, haha. However, that doesn't show the game is dying, atleast not in the short term.
    You may not remember, but back when the game wasn't doing so hot financially (March, April and May 2019), some people were presenting that data as a clear sign that the game was dying, but now that the sales are increasing again you won't hear them that the game isn't dying anymore or that they were wrong at the time.
    Even now people like yourself are ignoring the increase in sales in the last 4 months compared to both the first 8 months of this year and/or to the 2 previous years only to focus on the overall decline in sales this year compared to the previous years. Some others use a different argument as to why december 2019 being the 2nd most profitable month in the last 3 years is everything but a good sign. To me it's kinda funny to see that happening, it's almost like it hurts to admit that the increasing sales over the past 4 months is generally speaking a good sign.
    You personally even go out of your way to say i'm implying something (which i'm not) only to argue that i'm wrong about that eventhough i never even implied it in the first place, haha.
    At the end of the day the graph only show the sales per month over the last 3 years, nothing more, nothing less. While i personally think it's atleast noteworthy that december 2019 was the 2nd most profitable month in the last 3 years, it doesn't make me enjoy the game any more or any less. I wasn't worried about the game dying back in May and i'm not worried now, so i'm mostly indifferent to the whole graph. It's not like if you weren't enjoying the game at all the last 4 months it all of a sudden becomes more fun because the sales went up, or the other way around for that matter.

I understood the sarcasm in the OP " Work your magic fellow forum users and explain how that is actually a bad and a clear sign that the game is dying"
    You are implying that the game is not with sarcasm based on December 19 being the second most profitable month ever.
    You thinking I never grasped your sarcasm, led you to believe that I thought you thought something you never.

I'm not ignoring any months during any years as I am looking at the business year to year.

"However, that doesn't show the game is dying, atleast not in the short term.
    You may not remember, but back when the game wasn't doing so hot financially (March, April and May 2019),"

July and August where just as bad that year ,with November worse than march "when the game wasn't doing so hot financially".reason I can find 3 more months in 19 that fit the not doing so hot AVG, is because 19 was a bad year for revenue.

"Even now people like yourself are ignoring the increase in sales in the last 4 months compared to both the first 8 months of this year and/or to the 2 previous years only to focus on the overall decline in sales this year compared to the previous years. "

I don't want to be rude but this is hilarious that last line is a nail in a coffin on dragons den lol.
    This final quarter in 2019 ,took 1 mill more than the previous year ,shame It dropped 20+ in the 3 quarters before .not once did I say that the growth in the last quarter of 19 wasn't a good thing but as business go their down 20% on the previous 2 years and that outweighs a good quarter.
    Let's say target was 153mill a year like the years previous . They managed to beat the target for the last quarter based on what they took on AVG for last quarters 17+18 but absolutely dropped the ball for the other 3/4 quarters.
    You are right in the short term it's not dying ,but will we get to a point where instead of celebrating a good year it's quarter or a month then it will be a fortnight or weekend jk :)

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    What are we arguing again?

Anyway no use giving feedback here... The devs don't hang here remember... They are stuck somewhere for SWGOH 2 or something. [No evidence to prove it, just a theory]

Either carry on or give something they can work with... For those whom given up... Let's hope they return...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    You have people having thought out discussion, and one mouth breather just repeating “anecdotal” 😂

lol I'm trying to figure out when you have ever added anything to these forums. I'll let you know

Ditto little buddy. Not as much value as one word snippy replies mind you.

Oh the irony... you couldn’t be more of a troll, just read your own name! We all know that TVF likes to kid, but the salty forumers out there love to pick on him and other regulars anyway. It shows that people like you are one of two things: Naive or trolling.

Back to the topic that you never addressed, most people here are here because they have a question or a complaint. Obviously these people are never too happy about the game, so the forum makes it look like the sky is falling. There are more players than just us, and the majority enjoys the game for its fun concept and loads of content. They aren’t ultra players like the lot of us. And these people are spending more because of Star Wars hype. It’s as simple as that. I would say that this year had overall lower revenues because Star Wars content for the general audience (movies) was dry since May 2018. Now that we have more general Star Wars activity, surprise surprise, profits go up. It doesn’t matter how corrupt you think EA is. The general player base doesn’t care about that.

I answer questions and get involved in discussions. He does nothing but one word snide replies. It’s curious and cute you defend him but cry about me 🤔😂

Ah, you’re funny. Cry about me? Clearly you’re salty about TVF, and I’m sorry, but you’ve added nothing to this discussion. “Involved” requires talking about the topic of the thread. The irony is digging you in deep my friend.

Accusing others of being “salty”, but so emotional you didn’t bother reading my post...

I said discussions. Plural. Did I ever say this discussion? No? Got it 😂

Then why are you here? If you haven’t contributed to this discussion, you have no reason to be here other than crying about TVF, stalking him because your salty. The logic here is clear, and your condescending attitude shows your admit of defeat and lack of a real argument.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

lol I'm trying to figure out when you have ever added anything to these forums. I'll let you know

Ditto little buddy. Not as much value as one word snippy replies mind you.

Oh the irony... you couldn’t be more of a troll, just read your own name! We all know that TVF likes to kid, but the salty forumers out there love to pick on him and other regulars anyway. It shows that people like you are one of two things: Naive or trolling.

Back to the topic that you never addressed, most people here are here because they have a question or a complaint. Obviously these people are never too happy about the game, so the forum makes it look like the sky is falling. There are more players than just us, and the majority enjoys the game for its fun concept and loads of content. They aren’t ultra players like the lot of us. And these people are spending more because of Star Wars hype. It’s as simple as that. I would say that this year had overall lower revenues because Star Wars content for the general audience (movies) was dry since May 2018. Now that we have more general Star Wars activity, surprise surprise, profits go up. It doesn’t matter how corrupt you think EA is. The general player base doesn’t care about that.

I answer questions and get involved in discussions. He does nothing but one word snide replies. It’s curious and cute you defend him but cry about me 🤔😂

Ah, you’re funny. Cry about me? Clearly you’re salty about TVF, and I’m sorry, but you’ve added nothing to this discussion. “Involved” requires talking about the topic of the thread. The irony is digging you in deep my friend.

Accusing others of being “salty”, but so emotional you didn’t bother reading my post...

I said discussions. Plural. Did I ever say this discussion? No? Got it 😂

Then why are you here? If you haven’t contributed to this discussion, you have no reason to be here other than crying about TVF, stalking him because your salty. The logic here is clear, and your condescending attitude shows your admit of defeat and lack of a real argument.

I’ll take this as an admission you didn’t read, got triggered and commented.

The logic here is clear, and your white knighting for other users shows you admit defeat and lack of a real argument.

And you have to laugh at someone calling me condescending, when they make accusations about me

See, you can’t just repeat what I say to use in your arguments. Sticking up for other users shows that I relate to people, it has nothing to do with defeat. How can I be “triggered” at you if I haven’t read your comments?I read all of your comments, then you read mine and copy paste. I’m sure I’ve had this argument with you before. You can’t claim that you’re productive on this forum when you’re in this thread for no reason but to argue that people are worse than you. You addressed none of my real arguments. Enjoy your hatred, have a nice day.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Sarcasm is obviously lost on you 😂

If it wasn’t sarcasm: Nice try.

If it was: Meh. The Internet makes it difficult due to lack of facial expressions and tone. Often Internet sarcasm is easy when you (your least favorite thing) reply with one word.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I think there is currently too much focus on profits from CG/EA in this game. They are indeed getting people to continue spending, but this seems to be their only objective.

Subjective or not, at the moment i feel as though there is no real passion for the game from those making the decisions, I've never felt so strongly about this than within the last year. Its full corporate wheel where monthly or quarterly numbers are the only things that matter. It has always been very profit focused, but now it's next level.

I'm still here because i still very much enjoy aspects of this game, but it has so much more potential.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I would love to know what rich uncle $$CG$$ does with all the cash there making. There not putting any of it back into the game that’s for sure. With all the bugs and poor communication and management they should try and resolve these issues and smooth things out. Then there’s the never ending need for new content. Where is the new movie event? It’s been out for nearly a month and still nothing has been said about what and who are needed for it. And no mandolorian content at all!!! Are you flippin kidding me!!! Pull your heads out your backsides $$CG$$!!!!!

They feed it to EA and the Mouse.
  • Well, maybe it's a better idea to invest in EA-stocks than investing in the game...
    o:)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I understood the sarcasm in the OP " Work your magic fellow forum users and explain how that is actually a bad and a clear sign that the game is dying"
    You are implying that the game is not with sarcasm based on December 19 being the second most profitable month ever.
    You thinking I never grasped your sarcasm, led you to believe that I thought you thought something you never.
    This is getting silly.
    I'm not ignoring any months during any years as I am looking at the business year to year.
    So by not ignoring any months during any years you actually mean you're ignoring all the months and only look at the graph by year. I mean, that's one way of looking at it, i'm however relatively sure most businesses don't limit themselves to only looking at sales year to year.

"However, that doesn't show the game is dying, atleast not in the short term.
    You may not remember, but back when the game wasn't doing so hot financially (March, April and May 2019),"

July and August where just as bad that year ,with November worse than march "when the game wasn't doing so hot financially".reason I can find 3 more months in 19 that fit the not doing so hot AVG, is because 19 was a bad year for revenue.
    The whole purpose of that paragraph was the add some context to my initial post, not to point out the financially bad months, the graph speaks for itself in that regard.

"Even now people like yourself are ignoring the increase in sales in the last 4 months compared to both the first 8 months of this year and/or to the 2 previous years only to focus on the overall decline in sales this year compared to the previous years. "

I don't want to be rude but this is hilarious that last line is a nail in a coffin on dragons den lol.
    This final quarter in 2019 ,took 1 mill more than the previous year ,shame It dropped 20+ in the 3 quarters before .not once did I say that the growth in the last quarter of 19 wasn't a good thing but as business go their down 20% on the previous 2 years and that outweighs a good quarter.

Let's say target was 153mill a year like the years previous . They managed to beat the target for the last quarter based on what they took on AVG for last quarters 17+18 but absolutely dropped the ball for the other 3/4 quarters.
    You are right in the short term it's not dying ,but will we get to a point where instead of celebrating a good year it's quarter or a month then it will be a fortnight or weekend jk :)

I'm just going to quote the first thing i said to you in this thread.
    To me it's funny/interresting to see how different people with different opinions interpret that graph differently.
    More specifically, i think it's funny to see what lenghts people go through to make everything that has to do with ea/cg/swgoh seem negative or bad especially when the recent increase in sales doesn't match their ingame experience. With you though i'm not sure whether you're negative about ea/cg due to your ingame experience/general dislike of ea/cg or you just want to disagree with whatever it is you think i'm saying, haha.
    This reply for example is pretty funny to me:
    Even now people like yourself are ignoring the increase in sales in the last 4 months compared to both the first 8 months of this year and/or to the 2 previous years only to focus...
    not once did I say that the growth in the last quarter of 19 wasn't a good thing but as ....
    I mean, you're basically replying to someone saying you're ignoring something by saying you haven't mentioned that something even once. That's kinda funny right? haha
    I get what you're trying to say though, atleast i think i do, which i assume is that you've taken the increase in sales in the last quarter into consideration and determined it was of less importance than the overall decrease in sales in 2019. Which is ofcourse a valid point to make, but in the context of the game not dying the sales picking up in the last quarter is noteworthy since it shows the sales are not on a steady decline.
    It's also funny that you still haven't actually acknowledged that the increase in sales in the last quarter is generally speaking a good thing, you merely said you haven't said it wasn't a good thing. It's not like acknowledging that it's a good thing makes your point about the overall decrease in sales in 2019 any less valid. If anything it shows that you're looking at the graph objectively and it actually strenghtens your argument because if the increase in sales in the latest quarter is a good thing it automatically also means that the overall decrease in sales in 2019 is a bad thing (which is arguably of greater importance).
    What's even more funny is that once you realize this it also means that everyone who's talking about the overall decrease in sales in 2019 (i assume some of whom were thinking it would refute the point i made) actually agrees with the only point i sarcastically made about december 2019 being the 2nd most profitable month in the last 3 years being a good thing and a sign that the game isn't dying. Obviously 1 month or a quarter don't make up for the whole year, but it's a good thing and a sign that the game isn't dying nontheless.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Yes it is.

Do you want it to?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    ...the game isn't dying...

Yes it is.

How would one know that the game is dying, or not dying?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Yes it is.

Every day, it's one day closer to its end.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Yes it is.

The same is true for perfectly healthy babies, but for some reason people still look at me strange when i'm telling them their child is dying.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Yes it is.

The same is true for perfectly healthy babies, but for some reason people still look at me strange when i'm telling them their child is dying.

Dying of old age is technically dying of oxygen poisoning. It's oxygen that ages your cells and organs and causes you to get old. So if you don't want to die of old age, stop breathing now!

Hmm? "Off topic"? Oh, sorry.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Speaking of "off topic", I can't help but feel that this thread is ... er ... a little "off course". It seems to be more a game of one-upmanship now than what I thought the original intent was.

Why don't we stop telling each other what we know the other person meant despite their denials and get back to discussing the health of the game?

For one thing, we've not had a new guild member in months. We're a small guild and the openings in larger guilds mean that the new players who are sticking around can effectively "leap frog" us. This hurts our guild and by extension our players. This is yet another effect of the dying game. It makes it harder to play in the guilds you've built up over years.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    No

And yet you insist that this is the case? If you want the game to continue, why outright deny evidence to the contrary?