The state of the game...

Replies

• Fredy5
    326 posts Member
    The game has just become boring for F2P and small spenders ....
    The raid rewards and all free reward are more trash than anything else and you are still farming exactly the same gears over and over.... Stun Gun, handcuff ... They added Kyrotech for fun :-/
    All new event requires Hoarding and Insane requirements for useless toons like GAS ...
    It will be my last year if they don't listen to the community and seriously take care of easing the gear crunch... (New chsllenges for ex)
    We have the same level of challenges when the max gear was G8 ...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Speaking of "off topic", I can't help but feel that this thread is ... er ... a little "off course". It seems to be more a game of one-upmanship now than what I thought the original intent was.

Wasn't the original intent to provide entertainment for leef?
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    The game has just become boring for F2P and small spenders ....
    The raid rewards and all free reward are more trash than anything else and you are still farming exactly the same gears over and over.... Stun Gun, handcuff ... They added Kyrotech for fun :-/
    All new event requires Hoarding and Insane requirements for useless toons like GAS ...
    It will be my last year if they don't listen to the community and seriously take care of easing the gear crunch... (New chsllenges for ex)
    We have the same level of challenges when the max gear was G8 ...

I'm F2P, I have fun playing the game. If you don't, I really don't know why you bother sticking around with it, this game has never been anything other than a slow progress hoarding one. It's how resource management games work.
  • leef wrote: »
    ...the game isn't dying...
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Yes it is.
    Mw6xLl3.gif

• TVF
    36526 posts Member

Yes it is.

Do you want it to?

No
    TVF wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Yes it is.

How would one know that the game is dying, or not dying?

Tea leefs.

@leef ?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yes it is.

Every day, it's one day closer to its end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIRrmNN_CQ
  • TVF wrote: »

Yes it is.

If it ain't bleedin, it ain't dyin... is what no one said.. except just then.

andddddd @disbeliever anecdotal
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • ScummerAntilles, no point using common sense in these threads. You'll see that specific ppl(?) Will blast you without using quantitative data that is unrealistic to acquire (example: CGs explanation that the amount of f2p mk3 carbantis has increased over the years, without considering the context or providing any unit of measurement on the graph). It's a lost cause, a brick wall of concrete logic.
  • what a great thread this has been to read. 10/10 guys
  • I actually dropped my phone today and my phone died... the game was installed on my phone... I'll let you guys reach whatever conclusions you want with that.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I actually dropped my phone today and my phone died... the game was installed on my phone... I'll let you guys reach whatever conclusions you want with that.

Sounds like the game prevented any serious damage.
  • I actually dropped my phone today and my phone died... the game was installed on my phone... I'll let you guys reach whatever conclusions you want with that.

confrimed: game is dead.

dont @ me
  • ScummerAntilles, no point using common sense in these threads. You'll see that specific ppl(?) Will blast you without using quantitative data that is unrealistic to acquire (example: CGs explanation that the amount of f2p mk3 carbantis has increased over the years, without considering the context or providing any unit of measurement on the graph). It's a lost cause, a brick wall of concrete logic.

Wasn't the OP a graph showing an increase in sales this month? Also if you want to pick someone using common sense, the social scientist that doesn't seem to know how data collection works is perhaps not the best choice.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Speaking of "off topic", I can't help but feel that this thread is ... er ... a little "off course". It seems to be more a game of one-upmanship now than what I thought the original intent was.

Why don't we stop telling each other what we know the other person meant despite their denials and get back to discussing the health of the game?

For one thing, we've not had a new guild member in months. We're a small guild and the openings in larger guilds mean that the new players who are sticking around can effectively "leap frog" us. This hurts our guild and by extension our players. This is yet another effect of the dying game. It makes it harder to play in the guilds you've built up over years.

Merge with another small guild obv
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    ScummerAntilles, no point using common sense in these threads. You'll see that specific ppl(?) Will blast you without using quantitative data that is unrealistic to acquire (example: CGs explanation that the amount of f2p mk3 carbantis has increased over the years, without considering the context or providing any unit of measurement on the graph). It's a lost cause, a brick wall of concrete logic.

Ironic...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    ScummerAntilles, no point using common sense in these threads. You'll see that specific ppl(?) Will blast you without using quantitative data that is unrealistic to acquire (example: CGs explanation that the amount of f2p mk3 carbantis has increased over the years, without considering the context or providing any unit of measurement on the graph). It's a lost cause, a brick wall of concrete logic.

Ironic...

Idk if it's funny or just sad
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

Ironic...

Idk if it's funny or just sad

A little bit of both I guess
  • Huvvacs_Biggs
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I am literally a social scientist, you are talking about the method in which data is collected. In this case, I collected it over years of experience, observation, and commitment to knowing how the game is being perceived because I have made managing a guild in this game a major hobby. You are calling data anecdotal because a person collected it, rather than a person designing a collection system. At the end it is all a human collection system. Except in my case, variables examined aren't limited to "total cash spent aggregate" nor does my position posit that the measure of a community's health is whether the designers made money.

I don't think you really understand how data works and what constitutes good data.

If you collected data, then let's see your data. Numbers. Actual quantifiable information and not just "it's bad because I'm not enjoying it."

Anything less makes you a liar.

I was kind enough to explain to you, in the post you quote, if you were a good enough reader that conflating "data" and "quantification" is a pretty clear indicator that you don't know what data is or how it is used to assess reality.

Plato's Republic is a book. I can see X trends in how people rely to Y stimulus, based on what they say. When I mix this chemical with that chemical, it smells like vanilla. If you think those kinds of measures or statements aren't data... wow... please stop speaking with a voice of authority.

You can't convince me I don't know what I know and now that I'm not actually my own profession with some lazy smug understanding that I am literally paid to disabuse people of when I train them on how to use data and what it is.

If you want me to go further on this I will require you to pay me, this is my trade and I don't work for free.

If you are trying to argue most people are enjoying the game right now I feel sorry for you. I'm glad it gives you comfort that CG made a lot of money...

I'm sorry mister social scientist, but you reading comments of your guild bros and coming to conclusions is not data that you can **** about. You have what, a10 guild alliance? That's 500 players tops, out of 8000000 accounts, probably 100s of thousands players playing everyday. And out of those 500, how many did you question? What background information do you have to put those comments in perspective? I'm guessing none.
    Explain to me, a mid game player, what is the problem with the game? What are the problem of your whale friends? Why is the game dying?
    Cause for me the game is fine, it gives me plenty of fun on a level I'd never expect from a mobile game. It's complex, engaging, exciting and still, after 4 years, going forward.
    And I don't care about your whale problems.
    Actually whaling is the reason for the state of the game, that's capitalism for you. If they, meaning corporate overlords, see bunches of yous spending on new chars like there is no tomorrow(malak), they think 'we gotta get us some more of that, hence GAS.
    Do you think, that if nobody spent or hoarded for malak they'd release GAS this way? That would be perfect excuse for developers to say "sorry, this model doesn't work" but now they are stuck with this and so are the players.
    And did any of you really think you'll max out this game? That's why you're **** with relics and lstb being too hard? You'd like to max out everything on a first day it debuts? What's the point of doing new content if it's being beaten at the start? Wouldn't you get bored with that? And if you level all the toons to max level, you've got tons of gear and mats, so any new toon can be immediately geared and leveled, where is the fun in that for you? So there has to be an incline in max level, because if not, that would kill the game, the whales would get bored, leave the game, money runs out, development stops and the game is a goner, that's what you want?
    Post edited by Huvvacs_Biggs on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

The brick wall of concrete logic, is that a pun?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    No

And yet you insist that this is the case? If you want the game to continue, why outright deny evidence to the contrary?

I don’t believe that the spending evidence necessarily correlates to game health.

While this is true, spending evidence is unfortunately the only non-anecdotal evidence we have.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Im going to start using completely random charts from now on in any post. Not that the OP used a random chart, but the mere fact its there is a catalyst for argument. This is all hysterical, its off the charts.

a0h14rz29hlo.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No

And yet you insist that this is the case? If you want the game to continue, why outright deny evidence to the contrary?

I don’t believe that the spending evidence necessarily correlates to game health.

How does the spending evidence not correlate to the game's health though?
    Or maybe a better question, how do you define the health of the game?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited January 2020

It doesn't necessarily, no, but that is not a reason to say the game is dying or to refuse to accept that it is an argument in favour of good health.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    No

It's based on the happiness of the .05% of all players that any one particular player interacts within the game.
  • Im going to start using completely random charts from now on in any post. Not that the OP used a random chart, but the mere fact its there is a catalyst for argument. This is all hysterical, its off the charts.

a0h14rz29hlo.png

Depending on how you define facts you got right, that's either a really good or really bad rate.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm an ****, ignore this.

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    No

Oh come on, you are smarter than that. Here are a few POSSIBLE reasons.

1. Small percentage of people actually contributing while larger percentage are not.
    2. Happened to coincide with a movie release which generated new customers seeking out Star Wars games and then they bought the HD bunble.
    3. Top line sales dont equal profit.
    4. EA doesnt care how much money it makes they want to move on to their next project to make even more!

While I will say I am not sure if any of these are true I will say sales does not equal health. It helps, but the only number that really matters is profit and that is a number CG will not be showing us anytime soon.