Developer Q&A - 01/10/2020

Replies

• Final post, sorry. I know its been addressed before, but wondered if anything has changed: Can we look forward to a Fallen Order team of Cal, Cere, Greez, Merrin, and BD-1??
  • luamthrad
    157 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Please reiterate your future plans on adding characters to the following stores.

Cantina Battle Store
    Guild Store
    Squad Arena Store
    Galactic War Store
    Fleet Arena Store
    Guild Events Store (Both GET1 and GET2)
    Championship Store
    Shard Store

Generally I am looking for 1 of 3 things. “We will not be adding any new characters”, “we may add characters in future but nothing imminent”, “we will be adding more characters here possibly soon” or something similar.
  • Is there any chance that you will fix the iPad Pro 12” stretch of the game and give it a non-stretched version and any chance of a macOS version of the game?
  • Thank you for the best mobile game ever. I have some questions for you:
    1. You made a guaranteed 1 zeta drop in fleet challenges a while ago. Can we expect that you make a guaranteed 1 omega drop in both challenges: regular and fleet? Omega drop rate is pretty low atm. So sometimes we have more zetas than omegas.
    2. Can you make a next QoL improvement for mods: you choose a stat (speed, for example) and all mods that have this stat (with any filters) has a mark on it ? And can you add a value for mods filtering, so we can filter all mods that have more than 15 speed (100 offense), for example?
    3. Are there going to be more events such as Ground Wars and Heroic Battles against AT-ST ?
    4. In previous Q&A you asked what is gear easening for us. I can tell what does it mean. It means that we can get much more old gear, so we can gear our characters to g12 more quickly. So we can focus more on bringing our characters to g13 and relic them than how to get 100 more carbantis to upgrade to gear 10. Can you please bigger the flow of carbanti/stun gun/cuff and other gear? Make new challenges, add stun guns to guild store, increase amounts of received guild store currency, gear in raids, in daily box, etc
    5. Can we expect that you change the rewards we get through loging each day?
  • AdamBremley
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    GEAR CRUNCH DEFINED: Almost every character requires MK5 Stun Guns, MK3 Stun Cuffs and Kyrotech's. All of those pieces are gear that is hard to farm so is there anything you'll be doing to ease this gear crunch? You could add them to new events (It's been awhile on these as well), you could add new tiers to challenges, you could add them to any of the other many stores except for GET1 and GET2 and crystals, you could update the rewards on the Rancor, AAT or Sith Raids.
  • When will I be able to use my 7 star Malovence in the DS Geo TB? I mean, GG is a separtist and it is his TB....
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Long have I waited... for the Empire to be a good faction. Any teasers/plans for this year you can share about the Empire or maybe a Palpatine touch up/rework? ;)

Love always,
    The Kyber Club
  • Can you please let us change the game language ingame without having to change the language of the device I‘m playing on. Almost every game has this functionality and I don’t get why swgoh doesn’t.
    I really want to play in English but I don’t want to switch the system language constantly.
    Would be a great win for the QoL of the game.
  • O, a designer! Why some of your characters has such horrific leg design?
    Espesially Mission. What happened to her legs? O_o
    ekub7qx8fp16.jpg

• I have discovered some farming patterns and have an interesting idea about how RNG works in this game. When I farm gear/shards no matter where: normal, hard battles, cantina, fleet battles etc.
    For example, I spend 100 energy on hard battles and receive 3 shards of Embo. Drop rate is pretty good 3/5. So I will buy a 25 crystal refresh and try 5 more battles and I get 2-3 shards of Embo. What I have discovered: if you get a good drop rate, you can spend more energy and get good amount of shards/gear. But if you spend some energy and get a low drop rate: 0-1 of 5 (for hard battles, for example) so most likely you will get low drop rate if you refresh. So it's worth to wait until shipments refresh (each 6 hours) and farm shards/gear after that. So the drop rate RNG is influenced by shipments refresh.
    Don't make me wrong, I have noticed this hundreds of times and that's how I plan my farming. So can devs say anything about this?
  • Brinnnggg back darth malak
  • Anton23 wrote: »
    I have discovered some farming patterns and have an interesting idea about how RNG works in this game. When I farm gear/shards no matter where: normal, hard battles, cantina, fleet battles etc.
    For example, I spend 100 energy on hard battles and receive 3 shards of Embo. Drop rate is pretty good 3/5. So I will buy a 25 crystal refresh and try 5 more battles and I get 2-3 shards of Embo. What I have discovered: if you get a good drop rate, you can spend more energy and get good amount of shards/gear. But if you spend some energy and get a low drop rate: 0-1 of 5 (for hard battles, for example) so most likely you will get low drop rate if you refresh. So it's worth to wait until shipments refresh (each 6 hours) and farm shards/gear after that. So the drop rate RNG is influenced by shipments refresh.
    Don't make me wrong, I have noticed this hundreds of times and that's how I plan my farming. So can devs say anything about this?

That is not how probablity works.

It's random and will be random. I've tracked over 10,000 battles for different functions over the years, there is no "pattern". I still have my data sets. You are just looking at the percieved randomness of small samples and drawing correlations that do not exist imo.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Have you thought of adding in addition to the daily activities; Week, Month and Annual activities and appropriate rewards for achieving all of those? I believe I've done my daily's every day since I started so it'd be nice and would enhance daily engagement if they knew they needed to do it each month for every better rewards.

Most of us are achievement oriented so we love something to work towards so this would be a win win.

Also can you update the Quests as there is nowhere to kill a wampa so those of us who like these haven't been able to move past level 1 of 7 for BH's. This is coming from Someone who is a Jedi and Sith Master.
  • ArcTile
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Instead of hoping to use the "neutral" tag in the character sorting list - which makes no sense because because Wampa for example is a dark side character in game but not really (it's a beast...^^) - maybe implement a mercenary slot for every character (for example Emperor Palpatine Team gets a 6th slot for Boba Fett that changes his basic to apply shock instead of damage over time). That allows you to use not often used character (CUP or so) to join a team and buff the char without really changing its kit.

Btw (not game related) - you should update your main page with new news some time. The last news was posted on 10.10.2018. Really old news might discourage new players to join the game ;)
  • **QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL)**

1) Can the ingame chat let us know when a Raid's phase 4 is completed? It already says when the first three phases are complete. Why not phase 4?

2) Why can't we have all four kinds of energy listed at the top on the main screen. If there is not enough space, why can't you make the XP bar half the size to free up space?

3) On the character inventory page, a player may select a filter to show Rebels, Empire, First Order etc. That being said, more and more charters have multiple tags these days. While I can select Separatists or Droids, I cannot select Separatist Droids. Do you think being able to select multiple tags would make for a good QOL update?

4) About double drops. I want to be clear, I am not complaining about them. Anytime you want to give away free stuff, I am all for it. That being said, would it be feasible to give a 100% drop rate instead of giving double drops? It does leave a semi bad taste in your mouth when you spend 100 crystals on a cantina refresh, for example and get zero drops of whatever you are farming. Two times zero still equals zero after all.

5) At the moment, there are three prestigious quests that are tied to the ranking in the HAAT (Tank) Raid. The relevant part of the quest is listed below.

• Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or Better 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

In the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, will there be any special consideration for the players trying to do these quests or will each player have to ask their guild's leadership NOT to sim the tank raid at least 9 times? Perhaps simply ***designating*** everyone as 1st place and give them 5th, 10th, 15th or whatever rewards?

**CHARACTERS aka TOONs**

1) There are six members of the Phoenix squad yet we are only allowed to have five toons at once. As a summoning mechanic already exsists, how about adding it to Hera so she can summon Chopper? This Chopper would be a "clone" of the Chopper a player would have in inventory with the same stats and abilities. This Chopper would use the ally slot. It would make a more interesting team at that point and better reflect the TV show. You could even make it a second zeta ability for Hera.

2) Some older toons are not available in any store (apart for crystals). Baze Malbus for example. Since he and most of these older toons are no longer meta, is there a possibility that the energy requirements to farm them could be lowered (again, I am referring to the ones NOT found in stores)? You had recently done this for Vet Solo & Chewie. Kudos.

3) You have said in the past many times that you don't want to add new toons to the exsisting stores. I beg you to reconsider. Can you PLEASE add new toons to the stores, even if its just the really old ones to the stores. Baze Malbus is a great example as he can only be farmed. Please add him to any of the stores and not just charge crystals for his shards.

4) Why are there only three Tuskens? I know they are FAR from meta but why three? Were there plans back at the beginning of the game for two more? At least one other non playable Tusken exsists (Brute) and he already appears in the Journey Guide.

5) This game needs eight clone troopers. Let me explain. Shaaki Ti’s leadership skills are truly optimized for clone troopers. Since General Skywalker now commands four of them (Rex, Echo, Fives & Arc Trooper) that doesn’t leave enough clones for Shaaki Ti to command, just Cody & Sergeant. Are there any plans to add two more clones to the game so that both Shaaki Ti and General Skywalker can each have four troops? There are plenty to choose from the DS Geo TB. If there are no plans, why did you create a leader knowing she would have no troops?

**QUESTS & ACHIEVEMENTS**

1) Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles. Since this quest only works with the dark side Hoth territory battles, why haven't you "fixed" this bug by simply renaming the text to read "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth dark side Territory Battles"? Renaming the text (in every language of course) would surely be simpler than fixing the code behind it.

2) Guild Quest, Raid Attempts - Do 4 attempts in the Pit raid. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how can a player do this quest if their guild ONLY wants to sim the rancor raid? One possible way to fix this is to allow players to attempt the raid during the last hour or two of the 24 hour join period. Players would receive the same simmed rewards and would have to wait for the rewards just like everyone else. This way, at least people doing this quest could progress. As a bonus, those people who complain about having nothing to do could practice their skills and have a bit of fun!

3) With the hyperdrive bundle you created some new quests exclusive to it. Awesome job.....however....Situational Awareness Quest, Destroy the Rancor Door Panel 10 times. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how can a player do this quest if their guild ONLY wants to sim the Rancor raid? Why would you create this quest knowing that to complete it, a veteran player would have to join a "baby" guild that doesn’t sim the Rancor raid (and potentially have to give up on TB/Tank/Sith rewards). Why make this quest incompatible with the sim Rancor raid?

One possible way to fix this is to allow players to attempt the raid during the last hour or two of the 24 hour join period. Players would receive the same simmed rewards and would have to wait for the rewards just like everyone else. This way, at least people doing this quest could progress. As a bonus, those people who complain about having nothing to do could practice their skills and have a bit of fun!

4) Bounty Hunter Quest 4/7, Complete Galactic Bounty event tier IV. This quest only can be completed by beating tier 4 of the Galactic Bounty I event, not the Galactic Bounty II event. The quest's description does not mention I or II so the description is vague because of this. Do you (CG) ever have any plans to fix this bug by either updating the description to reflect "Galactic Bounty I event" or making either event applicable? I thinking adding an "I" after the word "event" would surely be far simpler.

5a) ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how are players suppose to complete achievements & prestigious quests (see below) that are tied to both the light side and dark side Hoth Territory Battles when their guild is ***ONLY*** willing to do the Geonosis TBs?

5b) As you probably already know, powerful guilds tend to only want to do the GeoTBs only. This does not sit well with some players. Have you considered giving guilds the choice or opportunity to do a “bonus” Hoth LS & DS TB, perhaps once, twice or four times year? This would certainly help players complete some of the quests & achievements (see below) that are strictly tied to the Hoth TBs.

• Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    • Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    • Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    • Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)
    • Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with Geo DS TB)

6) Why are we limited to only doing a maximum of three prestigious quests at the same time? Why can't we do them all at the same time?

7) If a player already has the Tank Tamer title (for being in 1st place in the HAAT/Tank raid), why does that player need to prove himself/herself yet again when they get to Jedi Master Quest 4/4? The game already knows they have done this at least once already.

8) Are there any plans on creating any new prestigious quests? If so, will you be careful in making them future proof so that the requirements are not based on events that will no longer be available? For example, quests based on Hoth TBs that powerful guilds no longer play. Another example would be Boba Fett's quest of killing Wampas that are not normally found anywhere. Yet another example would be quests based on raids that a guild would normally sim.

**EVENTS**

1) Are there any plans for Galactic Bounty I/II events to happen more often then once every six weeks (on average)? Perhaps have each one run once per calendar month? Is a Galactic Bounty III event in the works?

2) We have had a credit heist for a long time now. It's great. Will we ever have a ship credit heist? Instead of using toons, we could use ships. Even a seldom used faction would be great as it would encourage people to upgrade their ships (which generally means upgrading the ship's pilots as well).

3) I think most people would agree that the LS Geo TB is “Hard”. Even 250 million GP guilds are struggling with it. That being said, instead of forcing guilds to either choose between a very easy LS Hoth TB or a very hard LS Geo TB, would it possible to tweak the choices? For instance, LS Hoth TB OR a DS Geo TB? Two weeks later, a DS Hoth TB OR a LS Geo TB? This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.

Just to be clear:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

4) I know you (CG) have said in the past that you don't want both the Hoth TBs and Geo TBs running at the same time. My proposal below, IMO, I think is a good compromise.

Every three to six months, during a week that the regular TB is not running, give all guilds a **CHOICE** to run a bonus LS Hoth TB (and three to six months later a bonus DS Hoth TBs) for either full or even half rewards.

You (CG) have said in the past that:
    • We don't want to use up too much time of the players.
    • We want to make getting players to G11/G12 easier.
    • We don't want to upset the game economy with too many rewards.

I say:
    • If the guild thinks the optional bonus Hoth TB is not worth their time, they will choose not to do it.
    • Having extra bonus rewards will help players reach G11/G12
    • If members of the guild are doing Hoth based quests or achievements, they can progress.
    • The game is not flooded with tonnes of extra rewards as the Hoth bonus "event" would only happen two to four times a year.
    • Some players complain about not having enough things to do. Doing a week long event is something to do.
    • Some players are interested in acquiring Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid shards without having to spend GET2 currency.
    • Because Hermit Yoda, Wampa, Malak and General Skywalker all need GET1 currency, there is an ever greater need to play Hoth TBs as they provide much more GET1 currency.

If you don't think this is a good compromise, can you please explain why?

**MISC**

1) About the data cards, I would be willing to spend crystals and/or actual money buying data cards so I can acquire character shards. My issue is as follows. When I look at, for example, the Empire faction pack, of the character shards available, there are only two characters that I own that are below 7 stars. How do I know I will get shards for a character that is below 7 stars?

Another example was the Anniversary Character Trove Pack (330 shards for 5000 crystals). As of the time the pack was released, out of the 123 toons being offered, only 17 of my characters were not already at 7 stars. That's roughly a 1/14 chance. Same question, how do I know I will get shards for a character that is below 7 stars?

According to the Pack Probabilities, everything is random. This is a huge turn off for me and in turn, I don't buy the packs. Have you ever considered tweaking the algorithm so that characters that are below 7 stars get the priority?

2) There are 2 Sith ships with Sith Empire pilots but the ships themselves none are flagged as Sith Empire. Why not? Before you say it...."Lenders, There is no point to do this. There is no synergy between Sith Empire ships and there is no Sith Empire capital ship".

Hear me out....The two U-Wings are flagged as Rouge One as their pilots are Rogue One but there is no Rogue One synergy and no Rogue One capital ship either. Same applies to 501st pilots. No 501st tag for their ships. So just to be consistent, why not flag the two Sith Empire ships as Sith Empire and the 501st ships as 501st?

3) Will either kind of training droids be salvageable? What about sim tickets? What about mods? How about ability materials including omegas & zetas (and ship omegas & ship zetas)? All of my characters and ships are at level 85. What are players suppose to do with several hundred thousand training droids? What are players suppose to do with over one hundred thousand sim tickets? When a player surpasses 100,000 of any item, you know they have too much!

4) The new "Objectives" interface looks really nice. Kudos. May I suggest a small cosmetic tweak? Under the Quests section, the conditions of the quest could have be seen in their entirely without having to scroll down. Now, after the update, the bottom text is cut off. Is there any chance you can fix that?

You can see photos of what I am referring to here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220598/minor-tweak-needed-to-the-new-interface
  • Is there any plans to allow us to leave and rejoin GA if we accidentally join early. I fought a full round without mods on my meta team because i accidentally joined during a raid... If this had happened in TW i could have left and rejoined
  • With the 3v3 being brought back, I must ask, did you forget that you created Malak? Surely you realize how utterly broken that character is, and in 3v3 is nearly impossible to beat without a Malak of your own.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    edited January 2020
    HK22 wrote: »

3. Did you guys intend on Nest becoming the dominant force that she is in the game?
    Good question, always wondered if nest soloing most teams on release and continues to was intended or not and if they are looking for an excuse to nerf her in the future
  • Golly Lenders, you worked really hard on that but nobody is going to read it. Learn to edit, dude. Or break it into multiple posts. Or add a tl;dr or something.
  • mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    You mentioned updating Echo's basic since his basic was planned to work with a different rendition of GAS. There is a similar feature with canderous, deathmark, and darth revan. Any plans to update his unique ability, "I Like a Challenge"?

Edit: Or possibly giving canderous the sith empire tag, since he was just as much sith empire as old republic.
  • Can we have a better way to search for players in game to help with guild recruiting?
  • BinBetter
    47 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    When is the new raid scheduled for release?
    Will it be Soon™ or August™?
  • 2019 saw a relatively low amount of new, unique content. Do you have plans for 2020 to have more fresh concepts to introduce to the game instead of rehashing existing game modes?
  • Why do starter guilds kick you when you reach specific power thresholds? I've talked to several new players that get frustrated because they actually do some damage in the Pit raid only to be kicked from the starter guild and then not receive any rewards because they have reached an arbitrary power level.

Is there a way that you could automate starter guilds to track inactive players and auto kick the ones not participating in raids?

An ideal setup would be for a single starter guild to auto kick inactive accounts in order to bring more players together and then slowly build a community that gets stronger and increases its own difficulty level automatically. Being kicked around from different starter guild tiers feels awkward and unrewarding. Another option would be to merge starter guilds that have compatible numbers of active players.
  • Another Question:
    Why aren't we able to play both Hoth and Geonosis TB? Just split the rewards (GET I for Hoth and GET II for Geonosis). I really miss playing the old TB but I don't want to miss GET II for the new stuff :(
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    How many sticky notes are on TopHats desk right now?
  • Would you guys ever make Jar-Jar Binks a Galactic Legend? Cause that would honestly be really cool.
  • Can we get an update to several characters faction tags now? With the GAS meta, we don't need to tip toe around JKR as much any more.

Visas - Jedi, Old Republic

Vet Han and Chewbacca - Resistance

Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum - Phoenix

Jedi Consular and Guardian - Old Republic

Enfys Nest - Rebel

Darth Siddious - Sepratist

HK-47 - Old Republic

And many others.
  • Ipacolypz wrote: »
    How was your holiday break? Do anything cool that is worth sharing? I hope you had a nice holiday season! Thanks for all you do to bring us this game.

Thanks for asking! I got to fly home and make more than 300 Swedish meatballs, lounge with my dog by a fire, and enjoy time with family. Hope you had a nice holiday season! Oh, I also caught a shiny Magikarp that evolved into a shiny red Gyarados. That was fun.
  • IT IS 2:32 AND YOU HAVEN'T STARTED, C'MON DEVS CAN'T YOU FOLLOW THROUGH ON ANY PROMISE???????

Sorry, couldn't resist. Someone had to.

Looking forward to reading these answers!
This discussion has been closed.