Mandalorian tag

Indio_Cronos
395 posts Member
edited January 2020
Is the "Mandalorian" tag something CG have in mind? There are plenty options, with the inevitable upcoming of Mando to the game due to popularity and awesomeness. There are already Jango, Boba (not mandalorians but whatever, as they said in the series, it's a creed), Sabine, Gar Saxon, Canderous, and with the correct synergy between them they can be an overkill team due to raw damage (specially between Canderous and Boba)
Also, Ahsoka Fulcrum with the Phoenix tag and Visas with the Jedi or Old Republic tag is something necessary
EDIT: Also 2, if Baby Yoda is not a summon like the Geo or the boring turret, this game deserves even more bugs

Replies

• This is the way.
  • Jango is not a Mandalorian precisely because it's a creed. His helmet was more often off than on.
  • I think this subject was brought up before when Gar saxon and ISC came out, then again when Jango came out. They didnt have plans then they said but with, Canderous out and now possible Mandalorian TV show content I can see them doing a mandalorian tag sometime this year
  • Also, This is the way
  • Jango is not a Mandalorian precisely because it's a creed. His helmet was more often off than on.

Are people from the planet Corellia called Corellians? Are people from the planet Rigel called Rigelian?
    Are the "bugs" from the planet Geonosis called Geonosians? Are people from the planet Ferenginar called Ferengi?

People from the planet Mandalore are called Mandalorians.

So we have in fact at least two kinds of Mandalorians. The people who are from (or have ancestry from) the planet, such as Sabine, Jango, Boba, Gar Saxon, Canderous etc....you also have a creed of people who name themselves the Mandalorians who can come from anywhere. Example Din Djarin aka Mando from the TV Show.

From a wiki page "Much like the Sith species which gave rise to the Sith Order, the name "Mandalorian" became associated with a multi-species culture of warrior clans, who, regardless of species, adhered to the tenets of the Mandalorians."

Well, Sabine, Duchess Satine, her sister and all the dudes let other people, even jedi, see their faces. It's a contradiction, but if we are taking SW contradictions into account this conversation would end in 2025

Never taking off the helmet at all is not an original Mandalorian tradition. It's a new strict rule after the last purge that has been mentioned, and at this point it's not even clear if all Mandalorians agree on it for safety/anonymity reasons, or only the clan of the protagonist. The creed that was mentioned is actually called Resol'nare and consists of 6 rules, e.g. wearing traditional Mandalorian armor is one of them, but others are also important, which Jango didn't really fulfill.
    Back to topic: we definitely need the Mandalorian tag in the game! B)
  • I thought Jango killed a a mando or got it from a dead man and Bobba is a clone. Technically neither are Mando. See Wookieepedia for details. Sabine? Fine but she’s blue side
  • I thought Jango killed a a mando or got it from a dead man and Bobba is a clone. Technically neither are Mando. See Wookieepedia for details. Sabine? Fine but she’s blue side

Jango is from Concord Dawn, the moon of Mandalore
  • I’ll stand corrected. Sounds like a “You’re not Italian, you’re Sicilian” argument that I have heard. I was under the impression that Jango wasn’t formally recognized by the Mandelorians and was a typical merc, albeit skillful.
  • Anyone trying to argue how things actually work according to "canon" in star wars need only say one word.

Midichlorians.

Pointless arguement. The canon is made up and rewritten as we go along XD
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I thought Jango killed a a mando or got it from a dead man and Bobba is a clone. Technically neither are Mando. See Wookieepedia for details. Sabine? Fine but she’s blue side

Well, according to Wookiepedia, Jango claims that he is from Concord Dawn, within the Mandalore system. And surely if Mando comes to the game, he will surely be Light Side or the long awaited Neutral

Why would he surely be light side? It only seems that way from a certain point of view.

Well, according to Wookiepedia, Jango claims that he is from Concord Dawn, within the Mandalore system. And surely if Mando comes to the game, he will surely be Light Side or the long awaited Neutral

Lightside? do you honestly think that? He's not morally good. He's the protagonist which doesn't make him a good guy by default. he does as much bad as he does good.
    The characters they should add for neutral is Beckett and Greef Karga. They are only out for themselves and switch allegiance whenever it suits them

This is true post RotJ. We don't know that this was always true. All the mandalorians in rebels had their helmets off. Same with clone wars. So the entire planet were not real mandos?

What makes a real mandalorian seems to change based upon who you ask.
  • It seems to me that there are Mandalorians by nationality/birth and Mandalorians by creed/faith. Jango, Sabine, and Boba Fett would be Mandalorians by nationality/birth. The Mandalorian and those depicted in the show would be Mandalorians by creed/faith.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I thought Jango killed a a mando or got it from a dead man and Bobba is a clone. Technically neither are Mando. See Wookieepedia for details. Sabine? Fine but she’s blue side

Why would he surely be light side? It only seems that way from a certain point of view.

And from my point of the view the jedi are evil!... wait sorry... mandalorians.

Also can people please bear in mind that quite a lot of the world has yet to see the series so can we try to keep it relatively spoiler light? Ta - from someone in the uk
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    It seems to me that there are Mandalorians by nationality/birth and Mandalorians by creed/faith. Jango, Sabine, and Boba Fett would be Mandalorians by nationality/birth. The Mandalorian and those depicted in the show would be Mandalorians by creed/faith.

Boba? No. Jango, maybe. Not Boba.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Jango is not a Mandalorian precisely because it's a creed. His helmet was more often off than on.

Are the "bugs" from the planet Geonosis called Geonosians? Are people from the planet Ferenginar called Ferengi?...."

I see what you did there! 😂😂🤯
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    edited January 2020

The characters they should add for neutral is Beckett and Greef Karga. They are only out for themselves and switch allegiance whenever it suits them

Hondo.
  • Tiig wrote: »

Hondo.

Hondo is a must for the near future.
    On topic: yes, mando tag please
  • The Mandalorian TV show was a huge hit so it'd be smart to capitalize on that. Besides the Mandalorian himself I could see the heavy infantry Mandalorian and the armorer both being added. Season 2 hopefully will explore what happened with Bo-Katan and Fenn Rau, but I'd be happy with their versions from Rebels as well.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    The Mandalorian TV show was a huge hit so it'd be smart to capitalize on that. Besides the Mandalorian himself I could see the heavy infantry Mandalorian and the armorer both being added. Season 2 hopefully will explore what happened with Bo-Katan and Fenn Rau, but I'd be happy with their versions from Rebels as well.

Baby yoda was a huge hit, the TV show was mostly just ok, it was star wars is all so people have hyped it.
    It's smarter to do movie stuff at the moment, there isn't much in the way of starwars on the horizon so they'd be pacing themselves