Requesting an End to All 3v3: Squad and Ships

Replies

• Counterpoint:

I’ve never faced the same 11 3v3 squads throughout this GAC. It’s fresh, challenging, and tests your knowledge of kits beyond the standard synergistic groups of 5 that everyone knows.

Back in 5v5 GAC, I faced exactly the same defensive lineup on several occasions. That got boring, predictable and tedious.

Not really. It's just a battle of "Can I get through his Malak?" or not.
  • plindboe wrote: »
    I request more frequent 3v3s. It doesn't matter that the game was developed with 5v5 in mind, since 3v3 works perfectly fine.

Anyway, I find it easier to come up with counters in 3v3, since there are less character abilities to take into account. I find it puzzling that some people find it so much harder.

Fully concur! This is refreshing and makes you think about squads and interactions.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    I'm FTP and I based all my team building around 5 man teams and I simply don't have the resources to make enough 3 man squads for GAC. It's just frustrating.

What division are you in? I'm setting the same amount of characters in 3v3 as I do in 5v5. Unless you're saying that you only worked on 5 toons from each division to create one team, in which case.... How do you handle characters with multiple tags, like Vader and EP? Or C3PO or R2?

I don't have any idea what your second question is asking. When you have 3 teams like Geos, Ewoks and Phoenix, you can only make 3 remotely useable teams with them, whether that's 3 man or 5 man, I can't suddenly make 5 3v3 squads from the exact same number of characters that I could make 3 5v5 squads, regardless of how good those teams actually are.

Also, that sixth faction character becomes important from a roster building perspective. A lot of people have five viable BH for Chewy but never bothered with a sixth. Resistance has two viable leads, but depending on when you started there's never been a good reason to have six geared resistance. Etc. Etc.

Saying Phoenix has 2 3v3 teams is just laughable.
    It's a stretch for sure but you can use Hera + 2 as a back row filler team that at least has some synergy and Ezra is very usable elsewhere, as is Sabine if you power her up a bit.
    As for this argument, you're saying that people who built a 5 man faction they don't like to unlock a legendary character is suddenly penalized for not building ever single character in the larger faction.
    If you only ever used Phoenix for Thrawn, they will be g8/9 and fall out of your top {x} toons as your roster grows so they will no longer count against you in matchmaking.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Someone on the first page had an idea that's growing on me--mixed 3v3 and 5v5 territories in the same map. Now that'd be a real challenge.
    [
    That could be interesting. :)
  • They should just split the difference and make the next one 4v4. Or start at 3v3 and increase by one character every week, so by week 4 we have 6v6.
  • I hate 3v3 with a passion and ships are right there with 3v3. But because i hate 3v3 i didn't join gac till last set then did nothing waiting for it to end to get a little bit if gac currency and ill do it for every 3v3 and if ships i never attack a fleet spot or care if i get to it cause ships suck also
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    How about 3v3 with squad RI?

Or tag team?

They could even put a wrestling ring in and animate the tagging in. I'd watch it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No, fleets need to stay in GAC.

Otherwise you’re punishing players who have actually invested in fleets.
  • What a wonderful day it is. My 49ers play AND is the end of this utter joke of gac. To my opponents, sorry for not giving you any challenge or even bothering to attack bit I just can't waste my time with this ****. Thanks

Why would you apologize to your opponents? They got free rewards because you were too afraid of change to participate so that you could lose by default and hold onto the fig leaf that you WOULD have won if you'd bothered to try.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    What a wonderful day it is. My 49ers play AND is the end of this utter joke of gac. To my opponents, sorry for not giving you any challenge or even bothering to attack bit I just can't waste my time with this ****. Thanks

go niners!

haven't read thread, but No to op's title
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm that guy that just sets a fleet on defense and doesn't pay attention for the rest of the week.

3v3 is trash.
  • My only gripe is it takes way too long to set up all the 3v3 squads. Kinda of a PITA. Also, if you miss the join window, you're **** out of any rewards for the week-long event. That stinks.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • My biggest problem is the stupid and excessive amount of RNG every "new" character brings with it. Same with ships, General Kenobi's capital ship should be called the "Surprise Mechanic" and people put it on defense and you don't know what will happen, same as in fleet arena.

So in 3v3, RNG creates so many more possibilities, not to mention the ridiculous bugs that you STILL HAVENT FIXED CG. (i.e., the Dooku "freeze" bug where the game screws up sometimes, which is even worse if he's on defense and freezes your game, like happened to me today.)

But it's a good thing we had a Q&A session to answer 57 questions about the "art" in the game yesterday...

Yes, it used to be fun and sometimes it still is. But you hit some characters (relics magnifies the RNG ten fold) on defense and who knows what'll happen. (Hux on a team with KRU and FOX apparently means they each take two turns for every one turn you take, even without his zeta. good deal.)
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    My biggest problem is the stupid and excessive amount of RNG every "new" character brings with it. Same with ships, General Kenobi's capital ship should be called the "Surprise Mechanic" and people put it on defense and you don't know what will happen, same as in fleet arena.

So in 3v3, RNG creates so many more possibilities, not to mention the ridiculous bugs that you STILL HAVENT FIXED CG. (i.e., the Dooku "freeze" bug where the game screws up sometimes, which is even worse if he's on defense and freezes your game, like happened to me today.)

But it's a good thing we had a Q&A session to answer 57 questions about the "art" in the game yesterday...

Yes, it used to be fun and sometimes it still is. But you hit some characters (relics magnifies the RNG ten fold) on defense and who knows what'll happen. (Hux on a team with KRU and FOX apparently means they each take two turns for every one turn you take, even without his zeta. good deal.)

Have you considered reading kits?

bgflwvgz3400.png
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    My biggest problem is the stupid and excessive amount of RNG every "new" character brings with it. Same with ships, General Kenobi's capital ship should be called the "Surprise Mechanic" and people put it on defense and you don't know what will happen, same as in fleet arena.

bgflwvgz3400.png

Which ones? The one for the broken character that gets implemented they immediately have to fix? or the G12 3 star because they just said, "meh, whatever" or the other character they had to change because its kit made it too good without spending 1000 bucks on it? Or the other character that worked so well with other factions they tweaked the kit to make it just like so many, only faction specific? Or even the character you unlock at 5 star that is pretty much garbage until it hits 7 star and gets relic'd up, that you have to have excessive character levels to beat the "event" for? (The one with 4 zetas and 12 pages of kit description...)

CG keeps releasing broken things and leaving broken other things broken for years. With that the RNG Factor increases substantially. But at least you're here to protect them and defend them, CG Defense Force! :smile:

If anything, it just helped me realize that they aren't spending the income they receive on worthwhile efforts, so I am happy to go back to not spending anything and use that dispensable income on other games and entertainment. Perhaps if they get back on track in the future things will change. (a company that's made almost a Billion dollars off this game that can't communicate effectively with it's player base.)

• Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

bgflwvgz3400.png

Which ones? The one for the broken character that gets implemented they immediately have to fix? or the G12 3 star because they just said, "meh, whatever" or the other character they had to change because its kit made it too good without spending 1000 bucks on it? Or the other character that worked so well with other factions they tweaked the kit to make it just like so many, only faction specific? Or even the character you unlock at 5 star that is pretty much garbage until it hits 7 star and gets relic'd up, that you have to have excessive character levels to beat the "event" for? (The one with 4 zetas and 12 pages of kit description...)

CG keeps releasing broken things and leaving broken other things broken for years. With that the RNG Factor increases substantially. But at least you're here to protect them and defend them, CG Defense Force! :smile:

If anything, it just helped me realize that they aren't spending the income they receive on worthwhile efforts, so I am happy to go back to not spending anything and use that dispensable income on other games and entertainment. Perhaps if they get back on track in the future things will change. (a company that's made almost a Billion dollars off this game that can't communicate effectively with it's player base.)

If you'd read the kits on those "broken" characters though, maybe they wouldn't have run a train on you.

You can't just mash buttons, then get mad when you lose and expect anyone to sympathize.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

bgflwvgz3400.png

If you'd read the kits on those "broken" characters though, maybe they wouldn't have run a train on you.

You can't just mash buttons, then get mad when you lose and expect anyone to sympathize.

yep, that's what I do, I just "mash buttons" all the time. Such presumption...

And yes, those "broken" characters were in fact broken, buggy, overpowered, etc. Whatever your vernacular is. The only kit I didn't fully read is Hux's kit because of the changes they made to it.

And if you don't think RNG is a more substantial factor in this game than even a year ago, I would think you're like the dev's that say they play the game a lot because they've "restarted" their account 4 times...

I win just fine when I have a "normal" battle. When my team doesn't get crit attacks, when my debuffs don't stack, when my ships don't assist like they should be, that's when I get upset because the RNG factor swings so absurdly far to the AI winning it makes it useless to try. That's not because "the kit" says so, it's because the RNG determines I'm going to do absolutely horrible. The same RNG that decides some people who play for 3 months get 25 +20 speed mods and I have that many after playing for 3 years.

3v3 accentuates the RNG even more so, same as ships 2.0 because if you lose one character, you're in severe trouble compared to if you're in 5v5 and you lose one.

And your continued reply with that condescending little note is very trollsome...
  • I'm that guy that just sets a fleet on defense and doesn't pay attention for the rest of the week.

3v3 is trash.

Just because you don't like it, why ruin it for others? Your opponents get a win but they can't work on feats. Taking your ball and going home so nobody else can play is very childish and immature.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • I'm a f2p player since I started. Have always had to adapt to keep up with the game. I find 3 vs 3 challenging and refreshing. If you like to theory craft & think outside the box it's for you. If you like everything in a cookie cutter style then you probably won't enjoy it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

bgflwvgz3400.png
    Nothing hits harder than losing and then having the loading screen tell you to git gud
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I win just fine when I have a "normal" battle. When my team doesn't get crit attacks, when my debuffs don't stack, when my ships don't assist like they should be, that's when I get upset because the RNG factor swings so absurdly far to the AI winning it makes it useless to try. That's not because "the kit" says so, it's because the RNG determines I'm going to do absolutely horrible.
    With so many variables, interactions and RNG events in play there is no such thing as a "normal" battle.
    The same RNG that decides some people who play for 3 months get 25 +20 speed mods and I have that many after playing for 3 years.
    Volume of mods farmed and judiciously leveled / sliced is what matters. One good mod may be luck but a bunch of them takes consistent application of effort and resources.
    3v3 accentuates the RNG even more so, same as ships 2.0 because if you lose one character, you're in severe trouble compared to if you're in 5v5 and you lose one.
    It accentuates the influence of RNG outcomes, yes, and that is what makes 3v3 more challenging and more interesting.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

bgflwvgz3400.png

yep, that's what I do, I just "mash buttons" all the time. Such presumption...

And yes, those "broken" characters were in fact broken, buggy, overpowered, etc. Whatever your vernacular is. The only kit I didn't fully read is Hux's kit because of the changes they made to it.

And if you don't think RNG is a more substantial factor in this game than even a year ago, I would think you're like the dev's that say they play the game a lot because they've "restarted" their account 4 times...

I win just fine when I have a "normal" battle. When my team doesn't get crit attacks, when my debuffs don't stack, when my ships don't assist like they should be, that's when I get upset because the RNG factor swings so absurdly far to the AI winning it makes it useless to try. That's not because "the kit" says so, it's because the RNG determines I'm going to do absolutely horrible. The same RNG that decides some people who play for 3 months get 25 +20 speed mods and I have that many after playing for 3 years.

And your continued reply with that condescending little note is very trollsome...

I have slower mods than everyone on my squad shard, but I don't complain about it. I farm more mods and try to get better.

RNG is part of the game. It's part of almost any game. You can't be fine with it when it works in your favor and declare it "broken" when it doesn't. If you want a game with zero RNG I would suggest tic-tac-toe.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png