What Kinds of Data do Guild Officers Want?

Replies

• I'd like to see a complete roster, just one you can sort like your own character tab. That way you can see what your guild is working with overall, ie: being able to see how many Revans we have and what gear they have and such. Would help planing TW's as well as platoon assignments and such in TB's.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    I'd like to see a complete roster, just one you can sort like your own character tab. That way you can see what your guild is working with overall, ie: being able to see how many Revans we have and what gear they have and such. Would help planing TW's as well as platoon assignments and such in TB's.

swgoh.gg
  • A tool to track the number of WAT shards earned and not distributed to guild members.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'd like to see a complete roster, just one you can sort like your own character tab. That way you can see what your guild is working with overall, ie: being able to see how many Revans we have and what gear they have and such. Would help planing TW's as well as platoon assignments and such in TB's.

swgoh.gg

Not every one has a .gg account. Only like 4 members of my guild do.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Not data but u should set up guilds to also apply to join all these ppl that join the guilds way below our min gp is a pain
  • These have already been mentioned...but to underline:
    1.Weekly tickets and previous days tickets (so we don’t have to screenshot with second left or do calculations from the previous days end)
    2. TB undeployed GP
    3. TW attacks attempted (I know this could be manipulated with meaningless attacks which will actually hurt us in TW) - maybe the ability to set a GP minimum for attacks to go with this
  • The number 1 thing I would like to see is a TB review period.

That being said, I have created a set of tracking tools that I felt may be worth sharing to maybe spark some ideas with the Devs at what officers (at least myself) are looking at.

First, I track 7 separate aspects of guild participation: Tickets, Hoth TB, Geo TB, Pit Raid, Tank Raid, Sith Raid, and TW. I enter participation data into a spreadsheet and keep it to look back on the last 3 to 4 months worth of participation. It looks like this:

e39b5pnle1ic.png

Then, the spreadsheet averages out an individuals participation into another sheet where I can compare players overall numbers. It looks like this:

khcmqal0tfo1.png

For raids, I only care about how often players remember to sign up, I don't care what their scores are.

For TB, I have yet another sheet that compares how much GP they have deployed vs how much GP they have available, expressed as a percentage of total available GP, and then that is weighted by how many waves of combat they have completed vs how many total waves are available, again expressed as a percentage of completed waves. It looks like this:

fiocllghruce.png

Finally, for TW, I have one last sheet that compares the number of banners earned vs a players percentage of GP in relation to the guild as a whole. For example, if I have 2% of the guild's total GP, I should be able to produce 2% of the guild's total banners for a given TW. That would be a "fair" contribution imo. That sheet looks like this:

hb5z4iz7jmnr.png

We are a semi-casual guild moving towards being more competitive. We use these tools to evaluate players, and when we need to bring someone new in, we know exactly who to cut loose based on these participation numbers. I do not have these tools in a readily shareable way right now, but could possibly make some in the coming weeks if anyone is interested. Hope this helps!

I like the work you are putting ! Those percentages are t always going to correlate though. If the guild strategy is to go low and you don’t unlock ships someone who has a lot of GP there isn’t going to be able to translate that to banners - as one example. Timezones and toploaded rosters or good soldiers who bloat everything to meet you TB goals...
  • Please give more transparency on player activity in tw. Battle logs would be the most important item since we can determine who is participating. It would also help us as officers guide members who are struggling to help us win.

In tb I think we need more data as well. Specifically, who tried the specials and lost, who attacked each battle node, etc. There's too much guessing at participation at this point in tb outside of gp deployed.

A unit search within the game would be preferable to herding everyone into swgoh.gg and having them join a third party to get aggregated data.
  • TB
    1. Ability to show/send TB notifications to ONLY players who have CMs left in zones not yet 3*.
    2. Ability to show/send TB notifications to ONLY players who have deploy left.
    3. Set auto-lock on a node (CM, SM, deploy) after reaching a point threshold.
    4. Set auto-unlock on a zone after PM reaching a threshold (level 1, 2, 3).
    5. Option to persist notes written on each node (CM, SM, deploy) for all TBs of the same type. Having to repeat the same steps to setup each time is a pita.
  • There is plenty of bots on Discord. It's all text based, although it's helpfull, it's not userfriendly. You should get some inspiration from them.
    We need more filter to manage Raids, like putting some restrictions.
    Ex : HAAT phase 2, not possible to play if you have GK 7*; we should be able to lift the restriction at anytime.
    Or being able to kick a player for a TW (before attack phase).
  • In TB, in the top right corner it shows how many people attacked a mission (27/50 for example), when I click on that, I want to know who attacked and who didn't on EACH mission.

Honestly, if you just added that, I'd be happy.

swgoh.gg

You should fix that. It can be very helpful for your officers to assess which squads need to be worked on
  • Meerav wrote: »
    Please give more transparency on player activity in tw. Battle logs would be the most important item since we can determine who is participating. It would also help us as officers guide members who are struggling to help us win.

In tb I think we need more data as well. Specifically, who tried the specials and lost, who attacked each battle node, etc. There's too much guessing at participation at this point in tb outside of gp deployed.

A unit search within the game would be preferable to herding everyone into swgoh.gg and having them join a third party to get aggregated data.

Second this especially tw data. Data can be private from other members (so as not to name and shame) but should be available to officers to better collect information and be able to improve as a whole guild.
  • To be able to accurately track a single territory in Territory Wars. Also to be able to not only see who has attempted a Special Mission in Territory Battle, but to see who was able to complete it. (Before we get payout & after)
    The rest is the pretty much the same, we need to have a review period for Territory Battles. Maybe a translate tab or interaction
  • The number 1 thing I would like to see is a TB review period.

That being said, I have created a set of tracking tools that I felt may be worth sharing to maybe spark some ideas with the Devs at what officers (at least myself) are looking at.

First, I track 7 separate aspects of guild participation: Tickets, Hoth TB, Geo TB, Pit Raid, Tank Raid, Sith Raid, and TW. I enter participation data into a spreadsheet and keep it to look back on the last 3 to 4 months worth of participation. It looks like this:

e39b5pnle1ic.png

Then, the spreadsheet averages out an individuals participation into another sheet where I can compare players overall numbers. It looks like this:

khcmqal0tfo1.png

For raids, I only care about how often players remember to sign up, I don't care what their scores are.

For TB, I have yet another sheet that compares how much GP they have deployed vs how much GP they have available, expressed as a percentage of total available GP, and then that is weighted by how many waves of combat they have completed vs how many total waves are available, again expressed as a percentage of completed waves. It looks like this:

fiocllghruce.png

Finally, for TW, I have one last sheet that compares the number of banners earned vs a players percentage of GP in relation to the guild as a whole. For example, if I have 2% of the guild's total GP, I should be able to produce 2% of the guild's total banners for a given TW. That would be a "fair" contribution imo. That sheet looks like this:

hb5z4iz7jmnr.png

We are a semi-casual guild moving towards being more competitive. We use these tools to evaluate players, and when we need to bring someone new in, we know exactly who to cut loose based on these participation numbers. I do not have these tools in a readily shareable way right now, but could possibly make some in the coming weeks if anyone is interested. Hope this helps!

If you consider yourself semi-casual, then my guild must look like a Cheech and Chong movie by comparison.
  • Pioule
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    In TW : detailled stats of fights wins and loses, hability to remove a team placed by mistake

In raids : hability to remove a player before raid start
  • Just to echo things that have already been suggested...

1) Knowing who has hit each individual mission in TB would be very useful. It doesn't happen often in our guild, but it is a frustration to have to look at deployed GP and do detective work to figure out who has missed that combat mission in bottom zone or that ship combat mission

2) A simple "number of attack attempts" in TW would be useful. I'm sure lots of guilds want to know which guild member is TM loading things right left and centre - that's not really why I'd like the info. I'd like it so we can make a sensible decision about which teams to use when attacking certain zones. If I can see several people still haven't attacked, then I'd maybe hold off sanctioning the big guns.

3) Guild tickets over 1/7/30 days would be superb.

4) Unit search in game would also be superb. The external provider where this can be done is becoming rather ad-heavy!
  • I'm not sure anything we can suggest would actually be worth the time it takes to do it in game.... But if you could work with swgoh.gg to get
    1) a TB breakdown for who did platoons and missions and deployments in some sort of .csv output
    2) some sort of broad TW overview (like MSF) that just gives you successful attacks with attack attempts and then total number of defenses per player

I think enough could be gleaned from the above to make improvement decisions without going in the weeds from a development standpoint.
  • Pioule wrote: »
    In raids : hability to remove a player before raid start

You know you have that ability already right? Kick them out of the guild.
  • okichi wrote: »
    TB
    1. Ability to show/send TB notifications to ONLY players who have CMs left in zones not yet 3*.
    2. Ability to show/send TB notifications to ONLY players who have deploy left.
    3. Set auto-lock on a node (CM, SM, deploy) after reaching a point threshold.
    4. Set auto-unlock on a zone after PM reaching a threshold (level 1, 2, 3).
    5. Option to persist notes written on each node (CM, SM, deploy) for all TBs of the same type. Having to repeat the same steps to setup each time is a pita.

All of this PLEASE. points 1 and 2 are the most needed thing.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    Lots of good ideas in here. Hope devs take a serious look at this thread.

If I need to choose 5 itens that don't seem to hard to roll out and that would help a lot I would choose (with no particular order):

- TB visualization after the end (similar to TW).
    - TW offensive attempts data (correcting the error that happens right now when someone tries to start a battle and there is already someone else doing it).
    - TW defensive setups limitations based on specific chars/factions and gear or, if it's too much, just allow corrections on the deployments until the end of defensive phase.
    - More space to give text indications in TW and TB territories/battles/platoons.
    - Direct orders/indications to specific member that are available all the time for officers/leader (can have some kind of timer too in order to avoide spam) and that enable a notification similar to the ones we already have in TB and TW but for the all guild. This allows a easy and effective reminder tool for anything... tickets, attacks, deployments, etc, etc, etc.
  • Number of successful waves completed in each phase by Guild members in TB. Everyone else posted most of my other requests. Personally I wouldn't mind being able to see what teams other people have used and how they did with that team to give me better ideas of if certain teams are best used on certain nodes.

swgoh.gg

The Crouching Rancor discord bot from Boba's Alliance will give you a spreadsheet of every guild members characters/ships, without needing an account on a website.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • 1. In TB change "phase # GP deployed" to: "UNdeployed squad GP" and "UNdeployed Fleet GP" by phase. Knowing the GP deployed means we have to subtract from their power to see if they missed something and can be vague whether or not they deployed squads if ships 3 stars early etc.

2. Let us click on the ##/50 shown above an individual special/combat and see who did that specific mission. Seeing a player did 5 combats isnt helpful if ships 3 starred early and you cant tell where those combats came from.

3. Alt to above, split squad and fleet combats in the reporting system.

4. Dont erase the number of special missions completed after a phase ends (it changes to 0/50 at end of phase.

5. Repeat of others, but add a TB review phase, ability to remove bad TW squads, and let us see who had a failed TW attack (and is possible WHAT they attacked with)
  • To know if members have Guild Chat notifications turned off!

Ability to reward solid effort.

I don't know any sucessful guilds that don't use discord. This suggests Guild Chat is not fit for purpose -especially for Guilds split across time zones. It is really frustrating not knowing who's read messages and as discussions are deleted instantly late comers can't scroll back to the start of the discussion. My guild don't need all the spec of discord but do need to be able to communicate effectively.

Statswise - sorting members by GP would be helpful.

• Data:
    -Raid tickets production in previous 1/7/30 days.

-TW: # of successful attacks

-TW: # of failed attacks

-TB: Review period

-TB: # of CMs attempted per phase

-TB: Successful SMs per phase

-TB: Attempted SMs per phase

-TB: Undeployed Character/Ships GP in current phase

QoL:
    -Sort guild roster alphabetically

-Sort guild roster by GP

-Change Raid Ticket reset time

-See most recent guild join date per player

-See original guild join date per player (for those who left and returned)

-Set new GL without having to leave guild

Wishlist:
    -A way to export all of the review/ticket data to excel/csv (maybe sent to an email)

-A way to temporarily distinguish members for their contributions. I currently add "[TB MVP]" or "[TW MVP]" to a members discord nickname when they are a top contributor, but I would love to be able to do that in game some way. Even as simple as a different font color on their name in chat/raid leaderboard etc.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I would like info on TB and TW teams, the info from discord would be a great help, to show what characters each member has and how many shards to help coordinate farming.

I know it’s not data but having junior and senior officers and the ability to assign tasks to officers like TW officers do that only they can set commands it gives the role more meaning and responsibility

In TW the ability to lock out some teams or eg, clones, sith only assignments so that players can’t just throw in a random team with low gp
This discussion has been closed.