Can we Sim raid and still play?

As per the title. Can we have the option to sim the raid (currently rancor only) and still have the raid run on the heroic difficulty but with no extra rewards? I know several of my guildmembers miss having a chance to play that content and would enjoy doing so even if they were not getting anything extra.

Replies

• LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I did ask two questions during the Q&A about the interaction between the quests and the simmed Rancor Raid. The fact that the two are not compatible. My solution to the problem was similar to what you just asked for.

1) Guild Quest, Raid Attempts - Do 4 attempts in the Pit raid. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how can a player do this quest if their guild ONLY wants to sim the rancor raid?

2) With the hyperdrive bundle you created some new quests exclusive to it. Awesome job.....however....Situational Awareness Quest, Destroy the Rancor Door Panel 10 times. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how can a player do this quest if their guild ONLY wants to sim the Rancor raid? Why would you create this quest knowing that to complete it, a veteran player would have to join a "baby" guild that doesn’t sim the Rancor raid (and potentially have to give up on TB/Tank/Sith rewards). Why make this quest incompatible with the sim Rancor raid?

One possible way to fix these is to allow players to attempt the raid during the last hour or two of the 24 hour join period. Players would receive the same simmed rewards and would have to wait for the rewards just like everyone else. This way, at least people doing these quests could progress. As a bonus, those people who complain about having nothing to do could practice their skills and have a bit of fun!
  • Raid
    35 posts Member
    I know several players (including myself) submitted the same question about the quests and raid interaction. I would have thought it would be quite easy to move the sim parts to an 8th tier that runs the raid and gives the sim rewards to everyone.
  • They should just put raids in the journey guide for no rewards.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    They should just put raids in the journey guide for no rewards.

I guess. Maybe if it would count toward quests? Idc about those things, but maybe that's why it could be good?

That would be a cool solution. Test out some teams, work towards quest.

But then we could theory craft and find out ways their new characters are “bugged.”
  • One issue I see with putting raids in the Journey section and allowing us to play them for free and to practice is phases. Will you be able to drop into a specific phase or will you have to beat phase 1 to get to the others? Then if you have to select a phase, what about testing a solo raid team, will it allow you to switch between phases and maintain buffs and TM?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    One issue I see with putting raids in the Journey section and allowing us to play them for free and to practice is phases. Will you be able to drop into a specific phase or will you have to beat phase 1 to get to the others? Then if you have to select a phase, what about testing a solo raid team, will it allow you to switch between phases and maintain buffs and TM?

Ideally, you'd be able to pick a phase and starting boss health. It'd just run from there to the end of phase 4. It'd default to phase 1, 100% health.

I'd love to see raids in the journey guide. Maybe even TB battles too (jump to a given tb, pick a phase, battle, platoon levels, and go). Part of the frustrating part with TBs is that you get to "practice" once a month, which really discourages experimentation.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I had never thought of putting the three raids in the journey guilde for fun & practice. Looks like I need to add it to my never-ending list of questions/suggestions. Thanks for the idea @daniel_dacejoy
  • kalidor wrote: »
    One issue I see with putting raids in the Journey section and allowing us to play them for free and to practice is phases. Will you be able to drop into a specific phase or will you have to beat phase 1 to get to the others? Then if you have to select a phase, what about testing a solo raid team, will it allow you to switch between phases and maintain buffs and TM?

Ideally, you'd be able to pick a phase and starting boss health. It'd just run from there to the end of phase 4. It'd default to phase 1, 100% health.

I'd love to see raids in the journey guide. Maybe even TB battles too (jump to a given tb, pick a phase, battle, platoon levels, and go). Part of the frustrating part with TBs is that you get to "practice" once a month, which really discourages experimentation.

It would be nice to have some kind of option list to go down. Doesn't have to be complex, but with a few selections to get going.
  • One issue I see with putting raids in the Journey section and allowing us to play them for free and to practice is phases. Will you be able to drop into a specific phase or will you have to beat phase 1 to get to the others? Then if you have to select a phase, what about testing a solo raid team, will it allow you to switch between phases and maintain buffs and TM?

The solution is easy. 5 options: one for each phase and one "play full raid".
  • My concern in putting it in Journey Guide is how it might affect how well the game runs. As we add more and more content the game continually takes longer and longer to load. Also new little UI issues continue to pop up like the lag the first time you attempt to purchase something from any store once logging in fresh.

I know in this case you wouldn’t be adding content. But you would be adding code to make that content work in the Journey Guide.
  • We just throw it on manual when people who didn't have the Pit master title or again for those who bought the Hyperdrive Bundle. Accidentally left it on manual after one of those and had a free for all which was fun. You just have to wait 15 min to post the score.

The solution is easy. 5 options: one for each phase and one "play full raid".

That would work for me. Nice, clean and simple.