answer to TB rotations is not answer to the question that was asked

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It's not Monday yet....
  • Haven't been banging on about this, but it is, actually, a question I'd like answered - and more, an option I'd like explored. The fact that they ignored this question again makes me think that I might just add another comment every time I visit the fora.

Maybe if we get up to 1 page per day of waiting for an answer they might notice?
  • Gonna just post in this thread whenever I swing by until this gets an answer because we were promised one.

Even if the answer is just no.

It’s the broken promise of some real communication that hurts the most.
  • It’s the broken promise of some real communication that hurts the most.

This. If "no" is the answer, then no is the answer, but "No and by the way, Freud You," is bad and deliberately ignoring a politely asked question eventually becomes the equivalent of the latter.
  • It’s the broken promise of some real communication that hurts the most.

This. If "no" is the answer, then no is the answer, but "No and by the way, Freud You," is bad and deliberately ignoring a politely asked question eventually becomes the equivalent of the latter.

Par for the course here.
  • On the forums again, gonna post itt again
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    @CG_SBCrumb

Could we at least get an update? Many Mondays have passed now and also a developer Q&A without any answers.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Could we at least get an update? Many Mondays have passed now and also a developer Q&A without any answers.

Not going to happen. Because nobody... let me say that again in case anybody misssd it... NOBODY at CG cares about the players’ questions. All they care about is ‘player engagement’ (read: player spending).

Do with that knowledge what you will.
  • Hi. Just did my morning round of reading some posts, and now I’m going to bump this thread again because I would like this to be answered.

Thanks!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Waqui wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb

Latest update, he said he will ask again. He couldnt get an answer when everyone was in the same room.

The politeness of the question keeps coming up, that's really not necessary or something that should be commended, it's just the way it should be. There is no reason to not be polite, at all.

This was also no ignored, at all.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb

Latest update, he said he will ask again. He couldnt get an answer when everyone was in the same room.

The politeness of the question keeps coming up, that's really not necessary or something that should be commended, it's just the way it should be. There is no reason to not be polite, at all.

Lol how hard is it really to get the devs in the same room? 🤦‍♂️
    CG_SBCrumb

That’s not even the point. He shouldn’t need to get all the devs in the same room to get a straight answer.

Kyno, you’re right, politeness should always be at the forefront of these conversations but considering it’s been almost a month since this was asked leaves the door wide open for politeness to leave and frustration to come rushing in. This ain’t that difficult, the community asked a question, the devs didn’t answer it, the question was asked again, the community manager promised to get an answer, a month later still nothing.

That’s why you don’t have the expectation of being polite at this point.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb

That’s not even the point. He shouldn’t need to get all the devs in the same room to get a straight answer.

Kyno, you’re right, politeness should always be at the forefront of these conversations but considering it’s been almost a month since this was asked leaves the door wide open for politeness to leave and frustration to come rushing in. This ain’t that difficult, the community asked a question, the devs didn’t answer it, the question was asked again, the community manager promised to get an answer, a month later still nothing.

That’s why you don’t have the expectation of being polite at this point.

Well, there was a perfect opportunity to have all devs in the same room: The Q&A that just passed.
    They don't want to give an answer. Period.

This thread can be closed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • @Kyno
    I certainly didn't "commend" anyone for being polite. I never implied or suggested that one shouldn't be polite.

What I implied is that
    if the question was laced with profanity or rude in some other way, ignoring it might be justified.

This is, indeed, endorsing the idea that all communication should be polite or else there will be consequences (e.g. getting ignored). I did not commend being polite. I merely suggested that since it was polite, rudeness cannot be used as an excuse for not providing an answer. That's hardly a "commendation". That's the fan base honestly trying to figure out what could possibly motivate CG's actions (or inactions) in this situation.

As for the suggestion that this hasn't been ignored: of course it has been. The fact that someone paid attention to something once does not make it impossible to ignore that same thing in the future.

Given that this is clearly possible, the obviously fair interpretation of what is being said (by many people) about the question being ignored is that the question got some manner of attention, but that attention didn't actually answer the question ... and then ignored. I endorse this interpretation.
  • @Kyno
    I certainly didn't "commend" anyone for being polite. I never implied or suggested that one shouldn't be polite.

What I implied is that
    if the question was laced with profanity or rude in some other way, ignoring it might be justified.

This is, indeed, endorsing the idea that all communication should be polite or else there will be consequences (e.g. getting ignored). I did not commend being polite. I merely suggested that since it was polite, rudeness cannot be used as an excuse for not providing an answer. That's hardly a "commendation". That's the fan base honestly trying to figure out what could possibly motivate CG's actions (or inactions) in this situation.

As for the suggestion that this hasn't been ignored: of course it has been. The fact that someone paid attention to something once does not make it impossible to ignore that same thing in the future.

Given that this is clearly possible, the obviously fair interpretation of what is being said (by many people) about the question being ignored is that the question got some manner of attention, but that attention didn't actually answer the question ... and then ignored. I endorse this interpretation.

I second this endorsement. Very well summarized and explained.
  • You guys have had me cracking up at this thread for a month I had to create an EA account just so I can explain to you no one is getting ignored...Im pretty sure since cg_crumb last month covered their desks in stickies and the devs realized someone actually responded to a post they immediately relocated him to a new location most likely somewhere in the amazon that has zero internet available so this mishap will never happen again. Can you imagine the uproar of the devs coming in that Monday only to realize someone there went ahead and replied to a thread for once!! I feel bad for crumb who sadly will never be heard from or seen again
  • Hi. Just did my morning round of reading some posts, and now I’m going to bump this thread again because I would like this to be answered.

Thanks!

Hi again.

These forums remain a cesspool; threads like this being left unanswered are a big part of why.

Not sure why I keep reading them though. It’s clearly not good for me.
  • How long would it take to log on to the forum, see that this thread is still active, and post that you have tried to get an answer but haven’t yet been successful? 20-30 seconds, maybe?

Since that hasn’t happened, I can only come to one conclusion... we’re being ghosted. Well, guess what... that’s not good enough.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno

What I implied is that

The fact that you think someone is ignoring something without proof and with proof that they have interacted with said thing, doesnt prove they are ignoring anything.

This post/question has not been ignored, there are statements here to prove otherwise.

IMO, to state that a question was asked politely and should get an answer because of that, seems odd, since we should all be polite. It seems odd to point out the politeness in the same sentence saying it should get an answer, because the 2 are not related.

The fact that you think someone is ignoring something without proof and with proof that they have interacted with said thing, doesnt prove they are ignoring anything.

This post/question has not been ignored, there are statements here to prove otherwise.

IMO, to state that a question was asked politely and should get an answer because of that, seems odd, since we should all be polite. It seems odd to point out the politeness in the same sentence saying it should get an answer, because the 2 are not related.

I really don't want to get into the semantics of what is going on atm. I've worked in a business (and been in management), and can see both sides mainly because I have lived both sides of this coin.

@Kyno I appreciate the effort, being the middle man is no fun. Do you think it would be an unrealistic expectation that either you (or Crumb) can provide an update on Friday (lol, or just changing the TB choices would be fine too) even if the update is yes/no/under discussion. This is based on the Crumbs initial multiple quick responses, your acknowledgement of a missed follow up, and your most recent comment that he's asking again......so obviously the question is still being asked.

And while I realize this is a low priority item for the Devs, I think they are underestimating the importance to the guilds involved. The choice between LS Hoth and LS Geo is not an easy one, with strong opinions and game goals on each side. Allowing DS Hoth in place of LS Hoth would go a long way in managing those debates going forward.

• l5v38mv95g2o.png
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

Good morning! May we please get a resolution of some kind to this long standing question?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Oaktree168 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I really don't want to get into the semantics of what is going on atm. I've worked in a business (and been in management), and can see both sides mainly because I have lived both sides of this coin.

Kyno I appreciate the effort, being the middle man is no fun. Do you think it would be an unrealistic expectation that either you (or Crumb) can provide an update on Friday (lol, or just changing the TB choices would be fine too) even if the update is yes/no/under discussion. This is based on the Crumbs initial multiple quick responses, your acknowledgement of a missed follow up, and your most recent comment that he's asking again......so obviously the question is still being asked.

And while I realize this is a low priority item for the Devs, I think they are underestimating the importance to the guilds involved. The choice between LS Hoth and LS Geo is not an easy one, with strong opinions and game goals on each side. Allowing DS Hoth in place of LS Hoth would go a long way in managing those debates going forward.

I cannot speak to any deadlines for this answer, as I can only remind the person who doesnt have the answer to try and get it from the people who can answer.
  • So this definitely isn't surprising that CG is pulling this.... I'm just surprised they actually think this question is going anywhere. Even if (more likely it is when, since they like to look good) these threads get mysteriously closed, this community wants and answer. CG has two options; give in and give an answer (literally just respond, please) or continue to ghost and I'm pretty sure the second is a bad idea.
    They have successfully dwindled our hope dowsn to the point where a "no" answer would suffice and you know what? I think this was the plan..... Not really because that would take careful planning and execution and they don't have those skills, or maybe thats just related to this game.

With all due respect, this post HAS been ignored since the first couple days. The only interaction has been you promising us that you are reminding them about it, bit even you can't get Crumb to return here with a simple response.

It's been over a month since the question was asked. The complete 'lack of response' means one of two things:
    1. Crumb is intentionally choosing to avoid this thread and make no comment
    2. Crumb has completely forgotten this thread, receives no notifications from it, and every time this question pops up in front of him (from your reminders, or when it was asked again for the new Q&A), he immediately forgets about it and moves on to the next thing.

Since #2 means Crumb needs immediate medical intervention, the supporting evidence seems pretty clear that Crumb is choosing to ignore this thread.

When a community manager promises to follow up on something, the community expects periodic follow-ups. 5+ weeks with 0 response is unacceptable in every professional setting. Just a simple "I'm sorry, I forgot to follow up but I'll ask today" would let the community at least feel acknowledged.
  • ... And "we started looking into this, but our priority list means we had to set this discussion aside for now, so I don't have an answer" would be an appropriate response, and 100% better than silence.

I cannot speak to any deadlines for this answer, as I can only remind the person who doesnt have the answer to try and get it from the people who can answer.

@Kyno While an answer would definitely be appreciated, I understand the situation you are placed into (and oh what fun it must be). I'll ping you on Friday to at least see if the question still has a heartbeat.

To everyone else.....yes, its been a long time and its frustrating. Venting, while maybe helping you, isnt helping the situation. Lets give them a week and see if they can come back with an update/answer/or just a heartbeat.

Thanks!

Hi again.

These forums remain a cesspool; threads like this being left unanswered are a big part of why.

Not sure why I keep reading them though. It’s clearly not good for me.

Aaaah Monday. Back to the grind. Time to pour myself an nice hot cup of coffee and catch up on the forums.

I wonder if Crumb has let us know where he is on that follow up question? It sure would be nice to know if we’ll ever get to run a dark side hoth instead of a light side Geo ever again. Yeah. That would be rad.
This discussion has been closed.