Lag in the game?

Has anyone been experiencing severe lag in the game? It’s not my connection. Often when going from store to store or back to the main cantina, it’ll say “try again. There seems to be a problem with your connection” however, I press try again and I’m connected immediately. Seems very inconvenient. Anyone else?

Replies

• I’m having long load times to get in the game.
  • Long load time and lag when selecting the first 4 items in shipment, also arena battles has a few laggy toons
  • It's been very laggy for a while now. When you select an item in the store for the first time, be patient.
  • It's been very laggy for a while now. When you select an item in the store for the first time, be patient.

Game crashed out twice while I was trying to shop after this last refresh. The first 4 items in store always lag for 10 seconds when I tap them.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I’ve been shopping the stores in slow motion. Click on gear, take a sip of coffee or water, wait, confirm purchase, repeat as necessary. I have narrowly missed accidental purchases thinking I was trying to scroll.
    So yes, very laggy.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Same here. And some controls require double or triple taps to trigger an action. I tap it, the button flashes to acknowledge the tap, but no action. Wait, tap again, watch the flash, hope for action. This happens more and more frequently. I thought it might be my device but I just got a brand new Moto g7 and no improvement.
  • I have a brand new iPhone 11 Pro and it feels like its gonna blow during raids. Also experiencing the touchscreen issues. Enter a battle, press an ability, nothing.
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • I only have the lag issues on WiFi. Doesn’t matter what WiFi. Home, work, wife’s work, Walmart, Starbucks. Tested it on a bunch of different networks. This is the only app that has trouble on WiFi, but SWGOH works fine when I turn off WiFi and run on mobile data.
  • I see no correlation with wifi vs mobile data on my device.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    I only have the lag issues on WiFi. Doesn’t matter what WiFi. Home, work, wife’s work, Walmart, Starbucks. Tested it on a bunch of different networks. This is the only app that has trouble on WiFi, but SWGOH works fine when I turn off WiFi and run on mobile data.

I switch WiFi off when the game hangs up and it helps, but I still get lag in either mode.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    I only have the lag issues on WiFi. Doesn’t matter what WiFi. Home, work, wife’s work, Walmart, Starbucks. Tested it on a bunch of different networks. This is the only app that has trouble on WiFi, but SWGOH works fine when I turn off WiFi and run on mobile data.

The problem is clearly your phone because this is happening on all devices game wide. But the message from CG is that it is caused by your device so buy a new one.

Cg has marketing deals with apple and encourages people to upgrade their iPhones to fix the lag. The lag will never go away but the partnership between CG and apple and Google promoting people to buy new supported phones is as strong as ever.
  • Calcutta72 wrote: »
    Long load time and lag when selecting the first 4 items in shipment, also arena battles has a few laggy toons

Same here.
  • I use an iPhone 8 and the only lag I get is the first shipment I buy that costs credits, everything else works fine.
  • RisinDragon
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    It's not just phones, running SWGOH on Bluestacks has the same issue on my PC. I built my computer rig for gaming and I'm hardwired. I don't have issues loading multiple browsers, usually a 5 to 15 second lag before SWGOH catches up. Once I had to wait 30 seconds. I get the same error messages you guys are getting.

I know it's not my network and I know it's not my hardware.
  • Nice feature, slows down a much to hasty game...
    :D
  • Pleasantly surprised a mod hasn't shut down this thread and moved it to bug reports.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • CG fix your game
  • Pleasantly surprised a mod hasn't shut down this thread and moved it to bug reports.

The entire game is pretty much a bug at this point. CG needs to do some major work on improving stability.