Underrated G13/Relic Characters?

Replies

• Dryff wrote: »
    I'm prepping to G13 a couple of more characters, and I'd like to know what characters people have had a lot of fun with, outside of the obvious (DR, JKR, Padme teams, etc.).

I've noticed that a G13 KRU is a complete stone wall in GAC, same with G13 Bossk. Both can stop an opponent in their tracks and have ships.

Anyone have experience with G13 Enfys?

Has anyone bothered to G13 any of the Solo characters? I have a full G12 Qi'ra team, so I'd be interested to hear if G13 L3, Vandor, or Young Solo would make this cut.

There was a video Ahnaldt101 did a while back when relics were first released saying that a G13 Canderous in a Q'ira led Scoundrel team hits like a freight train
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Off-topic: "apologist" isn't a derogatory word, it's just someone who defends an unpopular belief. In this case, based on the number of people saying that Dooku isn't great, I think it's fair to say that someone defending Dooku's strength in game is an apologist.

On-topic: Canderous gets one of, if not the largest boost to physical damage from his finisher. If you like Scoundrels or Old Republic he would probably be a fantastic G13 candidate.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    lladdir wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Malachi wrote: »
    Someone earlier asked about relic Dooku... mine is r5 and is phenomenal in Geo TB, and just fine in pvp modes. He's still just so, so squishy even with the health and defense boosts that if anyone uses one of the top 5-6 tiered teams against him if you've used him on defense then he just dies and can't do much. The damage has increased quite a bit though so on offense he can really be useful against quite a few teams. His shock is doing 65k+ damage and usually around 18-20k on his basic.

All in all I'm happy I upgraded Dooku, but there are still better options out there.

How do you have Dooku modded?

I've tried it about 10 different ways. Crit Damage, Offense, Speed + Potency, High Tenacity... no matter what you do you'll be lacking in one way or the other unless you have absolute God mods. And if you do, you're better off using them elsewhere rather than on Count Dooku because you'll still be too squishy in the end.

I disagree, my R7 Dooku hits for 40k on basic (60 with offense up) and I've had his special hit for 200k. I roll with an offense set, offense arrow and cross. CD triangle, protection circle. He's already fast, so speed isn't all that important.

I also have R7 Nest, fun for GAC. I save her for offense and typically get an easy clear on most b teams. R5 FOX is a blast with Hux. He's hitting at 60k on basic followed by 30k with Sith Trooper.

I keep seeing these claims that max-relic Dooku becomes an absolute goliath and I just struggle to believe it. Mine has okay mods at G12 and he hits for like, 6k on his basic. It seems improbable that relics alone cause him to do ten times as much damage.

Well, to be fair a g12 dooku has what, just over 2k physical offence? A R7 dooku has over 5k offence and extra crit damage. So that combined with modding for offence rather than speed/potency would make a big difference.

5k offense at r7 is far from monster offense

But isn't Dooku like an old white guy Ewok that assists lot and counters?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Saying an R7 Dooku can solo a team of G12s is the equivalent of saying a G12 can solo a team of G10s. I'd expect that in most cases.

My GMY has better stats and hits almost as hard and he's R3.

Dooku and GMY are kinda similar though. Squishy damaging and evasive
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    lladdir wrote: »
    Malachi wrote: »
    Someone earlier asked about relic Dooku... mine is r5 and is phenomenal in Geo TB, and just fine in pvp modes. He's still just so, so squishy even with the health and defense boosts that if anyone uses one of the top 5-6 tiered teams against him if you've used him on defense then he just dies and can't do much. The damage has increased quite a bit though so on offense he can really be useful against quite a few teams. His shock is doing 65k+ damage and usually around 18-20k on his basic.

All in all I'm happy I upgraded Dooku, but there are still better options out there.

How do you have Dooku modded?

I've tried it about 10 different ways. Crit Damage, Offense, Speed + Potency, High Tenacity... no matter what you do you'll be lacking in one way or the other unless you have absolute God mods. And if you do, you're better off using them elsewhere rather than on Count Dooku because you'll still be too squishy in the end.

I disagree, my R7 Dooku hits for 40k on basic (60 with offense up) and I've had his special hit for 200k. I roll with an offense set, offense arrow and cross. CD triangle, protection circle. He's already fast, so speed isn't all that important.

I also have R7 Nest, fun for GAC. I save her for offense and typically get an easy clear on most b teams. R5 FOX is a blast with Hux. He's hitting at 60k on basic followed by 30k with Sith Trooper.

I keep seeing these claims that max-relic Dooku becomes an absolute goliath and I just struggle to believe it. Mine has okay mods at G12 and he hits for like, 6k on his basic. It seems improbable that relics alone cause him to do ten times as much damage.

Well, to be fair a g12 dooku has what, just over 2k physical offence? A R7 dooku has over 5k offence and extra crit damage. So that combined with modding for offence rather than speed/potency would make a big difference.

5k offense at r7 is far from monster offense

But isn't Dooku like an old white guy Ewok that assists lot and counters?

No
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jbnf wrote: »
    Off-topic: "apologist" isn't a derogatory word, it's just someone who defends an unpopular belief. In this case, based on the number of people saying that Dooku isn't great, I think it's fair to say that someone defending Dooku's strength in game is an apologist.

On-topic: Canderous gets one of, if not the largest boost to physical damage from his finisher. If you like Scoundrels or Old Republic he would probably be a fantastic G13 candidate.

But it absolutely is a derogatory term, albeit mildly so. Or as I said earlier, it's a "slightly but not quite" derogatory term. It's not a word you'd use to paint someone in a good light, in any case.

And again, no, that's not how that word works. It's a bit more specific than defending an unpopular belief. Rather, it is defending or otherwise backing up entities and institutions that are generally disliked for things they did or said. It doesn't apply to virtual characters, in this case Dooku, or similarly abstract things. The distinction might seem small to you but it's rather large I assure you.

Also the notion that Dooku is an unpopular toon doesn't quite ring true either. I'm far from the only one claiming Dooku to be good, and I stumble upon r7 Dookus both here and there.
  • People were discussing Nest earlier and I saw a comment that she doesn't gain a lot of survivability from relics and thus isn't that great.

I disagree. It's not reliable against top-tier Padme squads, but hi-tenacity Nest vs. a full padme squad can come through and win the day with nothing more than a Qi'ra or Farmboy lead and Hermit Yoda as ally.

With an r5 Nest I've taken out a team with r5 Padme, r7 Anakin and two other relic GalReps, one g12 GalRep. My success rate seemed to be about 60% with Padme at high relic, but if Padme is g12 to r3, success rate shoots up near 100%. Even if everyone else is r7, if you can take out Padme, everything falls into place, and the key to taking out Padme is getting one big shot -which means soaking up a lot of multi-assists (like from GK or from Ahsoka's persistent hits) for the boost to offense. But with g12 Nest, you just can't ever get a big enough single hit to take down Padme and start running the table.

In short, I get the feeling that people are complaining she doesn't get a lot out of relics are using her on defense. that's not the point of Nest. Use her on offense and it's obvious that the difference between g12 and high relic is awesome. (And I've never even taken her to r7).
  • Jbnf wrote: »

But it absolutely is a derogatory term, albeit mildly so. Or as I said earlier, it's a "slightly but not quite" derogatory term. It's not a word you'd use to paint someone in a good light, in any case.

And again, no, that's not how that word works. It's a bit more specific than defending an unpopular belief. Rather, it is defending or otherwise backing up entities and institutions that are generally disliked for things they did or said. It doesn't apply to virtual characters, in this case Dooku, or similarly abstract things. The distinction might seem small to you but it's rather large I assure you.

Also the notion that Dooku is an unpopular toon doesn't quite ring true either. I'm far from the only one claiming Dooku to be good, and I stumble upon r7 Dookus both here and there.

Wait wait wait a minute. You mean to tell me that when I have been calling my: doctor a healthcare apologist, my lawyer an honesty apologist, my President an "everything horrible" apologist, I've been speaking ill of them?
  • A guy in my guild took Nest to g13 twice. Apparently she's quite worth it.

Also on Dooku and his solo abilities, it is in fact noteworthy. Sure, Yoda has more offense. What yoda does not have, is 100% counter chance, 85% potency, ability block and stun on basic, second highest base speed, and a lot more survivability. Dooku's kit is uniquely fitted for soloing other teams. Yoda will get smashed by almost any team 1v5, g10 or g12, simply because that's a whole team going for every time you go. No punishing counter attacks, regaining protection, and ignoring protection. All you need to add to the mix really is tenacity and Dooku can solo most g12 teams. CLS, NS, whatever, pretty much anything but the meta or otherwise tricky teams. Maul can also solo some teams at r7, but not as effectively as Dooku. Again, Maul's kit is somewhat fitted for 1v5 play.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Man, I like the dooku discussion for sure! What about Princess Leia at G13? One of my most underrated GAC teams is Ackbar (L), Leia, Hermit, Barriss...I wonder how much extra damage she gets...
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Man, I like the dooku discussion for sure! What about Princess Leia at G13? One of my most underrated GAC teams is Ackbar (L), Leia, Hermit, Barriss...I wonder how much extra damage she gets...

I am currently focusing on pilots only. Won't be touching her for a while. Plo I Koon though. So many ignoring his lead against stealthies
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Saying an R7 Dooku can solo a team of G12s is the equivalent of saying a G12 can solo a team of G10s. I'd expect that in most cases.

My GMY has better stats and hits almost as hard and he's R3.

Dooku and GMY are kinda similar though. Squishy damaging and evasive

You just described my girlfriend
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    @MightyWizard if R7 Dooku can solo a similarly modded G12 CLS team in true 1v5 I'll eat my hat. Expose, stun (x4), TMR, confuse, Guard. Let's see him counter through all of that.

Dooku is stunned, possibly TMR'd, and possibly exposed. Then Tenacity Down. Then some more TMR. All without him moving once.

Once Confuse is in play his entire "godly" status of countering teams to death is rendered moot.

Also on Dooku and his solo abilities, it is in fact noteworthy. Sure, Yoda has more offense. What yoda does not have, is 100% counter chance, 85% potency, ability block and stun on basic, second highest base speed, and a lot more survivability. Dooku's kit is uniquely fitted for soloing other teams. Yoda will get smashed by almost any team 1v5, g10 or g12, simply because that's a whole team going for every time you go. No punishing counter attacks, regaining protection, and ignoring protection. All you need to add to the mix really is tenacity and Dooku can solo most g12 teams. CLS, NS, whatever, pretty much anything but the meta or otherwise tricky teams. Maul can also solo some teams at r7, but not as effectively as Dooku. Again, Maul's kit is somewhat fitted for 1v5 play.

For absolute majority of players the right question isn't "Should I get toon XXX to R7" but "Should I get toon XXX to R7 instead of YYY?" R7 Dooku can solo many G12 teams? Well, nice, Malak can do the similar with no relics, now let's look at R7 Malak... Ok, GMY can't solo things. But R7 GMY is very useful in raids and allows you to have more flexibility in building counters in GA (for example, he can seal the victory of JKR against DR which gives you possibility to use TWO another teams for undersized wins against very good teams - DR trio + Malak). What's the final purpose of getting Dooku to R7? Trying to get one more undersized win in GA and... that's it?
  • Man this **** forum.

No, he has more uses, believe it or not. And yes, it might be a better idea to take Malak to g13 first. But then this is a thread for undervalued and underrated g13 toons, is it not?

Dooku is good for tons of **** at g13. Either believe me or don't lol.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    @MightyWizard if R7 Dooku can solo a similarly modded G12 CLS team in true 1v5 I'll eat my hat. Expose, stun (x4), TMR, confuse, Guard. Let's see him counter through all of that.

Dooku is stunned, possibly TMR'd, and possibly exposed. Then Tenacity Down. Then some more TMR. All without him moving once.

Once Confuse is in play his entire "godly" status of countering teams to death is rendered moot.

Probably ly not with 3p0 in the mix but otherwise yes. See when Dooku one-hits the other toons on counters, the battle is over pretty quickly. Han's opening stun will only delay the inevitable by one round. Dooku is more than tanky enough to eat up those opening salvos at r7. In fact, g13 remedied Dooku's squishyness, made him pretty tanky. Then, if you mod Dooku with enough tenacity, you'll be lucky if half of those debuffs stuck, and it wouldn't be enough.

But hell what do I know. It's not like I've had him at r7 since the release of relics or anything.

Oh and he will counter through all of that. Not through the stuns, of course, but stuns only last one turn and Dooku is faster than all those CLS toons. Tmr? Oh dear lord that's scary, if only Dooku had some way of passively gaining tm, say, through his counters. No Dooku is a badass. But sure don't believe me.
  • Malachi wrote: »
    7fw9d61jnc48.jpg

That would be more impressive if it wasn't against what looks like a gear 8 Vader.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Also, tenacity down negates any modding for tenacity on a 1v5 R7 Dooku vs CLS team. So the stuns will stick. (85% of the time)

Every Guard assist from Chewie will reapply it so he can do his fancy lightsaber twirl and cleanse himself all he wants.

Note - at this point I'm just playing devil's advocate. Not trying to antagonize.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Also, tenacity down negates any modding for tenacity on a 1v5 R7 Dooku vs CLS team. So the stuns will stick. (85% of the time)

Every Guard assist from Chewie will reapply it so he can do his fancy lightsaber twirl and cleanse himself all he wants.

Note - at this point I'm just playing devil's advocate. Not trying to antagonize.

Right, but that tenacity down debuff has to first pass a tenacity check to land. And did you miss the part about me saying he one hits toons on counter? He hardly ever gets to do his double tap in these situations. He crits for 40k+ on his basic when he counters. Twice. Hits that ignore protection. Only daze will really stop this, and there's no daze on that team.

I'm tired of repeating myself so I think I'll retire from this discussion.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Right, but that tenacity down debuff has to first pass a tenacity check to land. And did you miss the part about me saying he one hits toons on counter? He hardly ever gets to do his double tap in these situations. He crits for 40k+ on his basic when he counters. Twice. Hits that ignore protection. Only daze will really stop this, and there's no daze on that team.

Tenacity down is irresistible.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF thanks!
  • TVF wrote: »

He must of known before hand ,as he retired just before he died lol
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Kinda sucks that Ten Down gets applied with every shot from Chewie, and then as soon as 3P0 uses his special he applies 2 stacks of Confuse, which prevents counters or TM gain, with just one stack preventing buff gain. Also pretty unfortunate that Stealth, courtesy of R2, prevents counterattacks, the only thing Dooku really has going for him in this scenario.
  • Boba fett
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA

Says who? Tenacity down is only irresistible, as far as I know, if the ability that applies it states that it's irresistible. No such statement in Chewie's kit.

In any case I know from first-hand experience that Dooku can do what I say he can. I suppose I'll get back to this thread with video-proof next GA, or maybe tomorrow if this TW presents a fitting candidate.

• Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    bb2ectuuu9ye.jpg
    You can check other toons who apply Ten Down without stating it in their kits but this should be sufficient proof that yes, Ten Down is irresistible. It's why in any video of a CLS team in PvP against JKR or Bastila-led Jedi, every time Chewie assists and his attack hits, he applies Ten Down, even if the target has Ten Up.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    In any case, if they have to use a CLS team to take down Dooku, I would consider that a win. The way to look at it would be...what complete teams can a G13 Dooku beat by himself? I would think he can solo a full OR team, Ewoks (Logray's daze is the only concern), Clones?, BH, Imperial Troopers, NS, Empire, Phoenix, Qi'ra/Smugglers...

How is he against Geos?

He's especially great in the Geo TB. He can solo anything in the first 2 phases and can do solo 3/4 in the later phases, and mine is only R4. It's true he doesn't hit like a truck but he attacks SO often it really adds up.

Says who? Tenacity down is only irresistible, as far as I know, if the ability that applies it states that it's irresistible. No such statement in Chewie's kit.

In any case I know from first-hand experience that Dooku can do what I say he can. I suppose I'll get back to this thread with video-proof next GA, or maybe tomorrow if this TW presents a fitting candidate.

You got a few relic characters from what you said but didn't know tenacity down was irresistible , either you have paid and taken a shortcut to the top or are really bad at this game.
    Considering what I have seen and read ( gave savage crit damage even though his main DMG comes from a 99k nuke and his zeta basically thrives off high health pool ), it's probably the second .

A combined 120k health and protection is one of the tankiest dookus on SWGOH.gg . Let's say CLS ,Han and chewie hit for a low 30k on basic which is easy ,now let's do the maths ... han shoots first leaving dooku on 90k stunned . Now it's Hans turn again 2 hits and 1 assist from chew that's 30k-30k-30k the tankiest dooku would be left with 0 health and protection.
    Not even going to bother with confusion or anything if the tankiest r7 dooku in the whole game can't survive the opening 2 moves .notice how I didn't even put the expose from c3 or health DMG from chewie, basically took 30% off the total DMG and he still dies in 2 turns.