Lag cost me 1500 crystals today

Weekly shipments trying to but a piece for credits the game lagged and purchased shards of anakin starfighter instead? Will this get refunded? No I already know your customer service doesn't even speak english and cant decipher a clearly written request if it came with a hooked on phonics for dummies book, so when will the devs fix this and stop STEALING from the players.

Replies

• First step to getting somebody to give you something you want would be to not start by insulting them.
  • Weekly shipments trying to but a piece for credits the game lagged and purchased shards of anakin starfighter instead? Will this get refunded? No I already know your customer service doesn't even speak english and cant decipher a clearly written request if it came with a hooked on phonics for dummies book, so when will the devs fix this and stop STEALING from the players.

give it a try a guy in my guild just got a refund for the same thing, full crystals back
  • This post cost me 900 crystals as I did no feel like touching my phone again after reading it and missed both payouts.
  • If only we knew the game was lagging on shipments, and we could adjust our behavior to slow down upon entering shipments. We are SO CLOSE to compensating for this issue.

Too bad it's just impossible.....
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    If only we knew the game was lagging on shipments, and we could adjust our behavior to slow down upon entering shipments. We are SO CLOSE to compensating for this issue.

Too bad it's just impossible.....

I was aware of the issue. I do move slowly on this screen. I purchased the top items attempted to scroll down and click on the one below. The problem with lag is you dont know its lagging when its lagging and in this case the screen didnt lag but the input selected did.

I scrolled down let go of scroll
    The game scrolled down everything seemed good.
    I clicked the icon to open it.
    The game lagged
    The next action was confirming a purchase.

my selecting the icon confirmed the purchase instead of just selecting the icon because the input of the scrolling down on my screen also selected the starfighter shards incorrectly and this lagged but I wasn't aware the scroll which didnt lag also selected a gear that was lagging.

I had no way to know lag was happening at this at the time because the screen scrolled down when I scrolled it down. How would I know that it also selected starfighter when I scrolled? I even waited a few seconds to ensure it wasn't lagging but I saw the screen respond by scrolling down, so after a brief pause I Clicked the item I wanted.

Then several actions, that i didnt not want, all registered at once. The scrolling had also opened anakin's starfighter(at the end of the scroll must have also registered a click) but the shards selected were not appearing until I made the click to open gear shipment I really wanted. Once i clicked on the gear the game registered that click (and the unintended click before that selected starfighter shards) thus confirming my purchase instead of opening the item i wanted to buy.
  • I put in 2 requests today for someone to call me about missing content. Both said someone will call within 1 to 2 hours.

Never got a call.

Excellent service guys, top notch... for a company that makes over 10 million a month your doing a great job investing almost a whole $2,000 in that call center in some 3rd world country.
  • I had a similar issue a while back.

I did their on line help desk option.

I didn't get a full refund but I did get about 80% back & they let me keep the shards.

I still wouldn't have ever bought the shards, since it was a cantina character that is easy farm, but, only paying 1/5 of the price for them at least took some of the sting away.

• Stealing definition: Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

Yeah last time I checked you bought them and they didn’t just grab your crystals and dip.

Woohoofalsenews
  • nr4cbpmg36vk.jpg
    Do you mean this? As I've been going in circles for days... I just get stuck on a loading wheel🤕j66ov3sdnykr.jpg
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Stealing definition: Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

Yeah last time I checked you bought them and they didn’t just grab your crystals and dip.

Woohoofalsenews

The lag removes your ability to accurately give permission in regards to your purchase, so yes, good definition.
  • I expect better from businesses I interact with on a daily basis.

The severe lag in the game that has been going on for months and has gotten dramatically worse in the last 30 days or so, especially in the shops where people spend diamonds. I expect a better shopping experiance, especially from a professional company with this kind of revenue.

Having lag on purchases is the equivalent to trying to run a grocery store with checkstands that over charge customers for random items so they hit you with a random $5 Fiji Water charge on checkout. What's worse is there are no refunds because theres no attendant it's just a self checkout. When you go look for a manager there is no manager in the store just a sign saying for issues send an email to help.com. 3 days later you get an email that your case is closed and they offer you a coupon for 50 cents off a Fiji Water. I wouldn't ever go back.....ever.....ever ever!! but in this case it's a Star Wars grocery store and the only good Star Wars grocery on mobile.

From fixing the lag on the shops, to having a competent customer service program, to addressing player concerns and issues I expect better as a customer.

Even if it's just hi fan base and players!!! We are aware of a lag in the shops where you buy stuff and obviously our intent isnt to create unintended purchases so were working on fixing it as soon as possible. That would be a start but honestly just fix it already it's not acceptable dont you guys also play the game?

The fact that this lag and all the unintended purchases have been going on for months now and no comment about fixing the root cause the lag makes me question their intent. Just their silence and poor customer service (literally 0 response after multiple attempts today) on issues like this show a complete disregard for player experiance.

This is just my opinion, I'm sure there are others who get VIP treatment apparently not all in game help is equal.

Personally I make a good living when I go to sporting events I usually sit courtside unless I'm with friends who cant afford the seats. Even then sometimes I'll buy their tickets. To me money isnt an issue so I dont care about the Crystal's but I do love Star Wars and because of that I expect better from the Premier Mobile Star Wars Game available in 2020.

I'll get more Crystal's but things like this make me want to not play and that's sucks because I like the game. It should work. No excuse for lag like this, even if there is an excuse they haven't said what it is...

Please for the health of the game. Fix whats broken before you make it worse adding more stuff on top of broken code...That would be bad for all of us if this lag spreads like a virus due to it being ignored. Yes this is a threat, not from me, from the lag itself it will wreck your game.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Fanatic wrote: »
    First step to getting somebody to give you something you want would be to not start by insulting them.

From past experiance I know they dont have a veey deep understanding of English or SWGOH.

Years ago I had someone on the phone and he apologized for not knowing what I'm saying after like 10 minutes because he never played the game and there was nothing he could do, even though he didnt even understand what my complaint was it didnt matter he basically was there to read a script that says sorry and move on to the next call.

That's when I realized it's a waste of time to call and explain what happened if something went bad. He never understood my issue but he said yes and ok about 100 times when I was explaining it but after 10 minutes all he can reiterate back to me about why I'm calling in was that I'm upset and he is sorry. That's like a 10% comprehension level.... I mean I can talk to someone who speaks russian or chinese knowing 0 of the language and tell if they are happy of upset after 10 minutes.

Tried again today. Not even a call back this time.

Also I dont want anything from them.

I want this issue to get addressed and fixed and the only way that happens is if it gets attention.
  • They’re a horrible customer service but they do speak English. Honestly, blame the customer service agent that gave that person a 7 star negotiator, ever since that happened it has become Nearly impossible to get any compensation beyond 250-500 crystals. I’ve tried
  • I did the same in shipments and lost 640 crystals on Bastila, who has been 7* for ages. Tried contacting customer support, but only ended up with the case resolved, and nothing to show for it
  • The lag's going on for a month or so.

CG fix your game
  • Don't worry about not getting your call returned. I talked to a rep and spent 25 minutes on the phone with him, just to be told that he didn't get permission to refund me for the lag-induced purchase of 16 Bastila Shan shards - which went straight to the shard shop...
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    First step to getting somebody to give you something you want would be to not start by insulting them.

From past experiance I know they dont have a veey deep understanding of English or SWGOH.

Sounds then like where you need to direct your anger is at corporate who is underfunding/understaffing/undertraining their support team. So direct your ire there instead of insulting the low level staff.

• Just happened again... 1200 crystals on useless Bastilla shards 😡
    As the EA site is pointless, I'm getting a refund from Google Play 👍
  • you still having lag issues?
    for a few weeks i thought it got better...

nevertheless: how fast do you double click in shopping to spend 1200 crystals??
    or is there a "paypal One touch" Function?
  • It lagged in the Shipments tab, had over 3000 crystals already... So they just stole my loot 🥺
  • Why should players have to slow our click speed down to once every 10 seconds to account for their poorly coded app is more relevant than why did you click again after your first click didnt appear to register.