Galactic Legend: Chancellor Palpatine

When thinking of candidates for Galactic Legend status, the insidious mastermind behind literally everything in the prequels has to come to mind, no?

I imagine a strong leader who lurks in the shadows to manipulate his team rather than personally involve himself. The most interesting thing about his kit could be his ability to synergize uniquely with Galactic Republic, Separatists, and Sith.

In these regards, he could be very similar to C-3PO (with abilities affecting each faction differently, possibly only one active at a time since he couldn’t very well lead two conflicting armies in one team).

Just an idea from a fan of The Senate >:)

Replies

• Chancellor? No.

Sith Lord Palpatine? Yes

The senator wasn’t as cool as the other one
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    May I correct you: it's Lord Sidious or Darth Sidious, Sheev Palpatine was his birth name
  • I think they should heavily consider making a ep2/3/Star Wars rebels version of him, and instead of him being a straight up villain he’s “neutral” in a sense where he has both GR synergy as chancellor palpatine and straight Sith synergy (and/or empire if they want to go that way) as Darth Sidious.

More or less thinking of the final Rebels episode where you see his hologram as chancellor palp in white, then flickers and eventually becomes the twisted version with the black robe.

They’ve experimented with KAMs kit with his stance change, Maybe something like sounds cool on paper but theyd need some serious testing for it to work.
  • Shaddesy wrote: »
    I think they should heavily consider making a ep2/3/Star Wars rebels version of him, and instead of him being a straight up villain he’s “neutral” in a sense where he has both GR synergy as chancellor palpatine and straight Sith synergy (and/or empire if they want to go that way) as Darth Sidious.

More or less thinking of the final Rebels episode where you see his hologram as chancellor palp in white, then flickers and eventually becomes the twisted version with the black robe.

They’ve experimented with KAMs kit with his stance change, Maybe something like sounds cool on paper but theyd need some serious testing for it to work.

Haha serious testing...good one
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Haha serious testing...good one

Ahah, oxymoron.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    @Slothmaster I think this is a neat idea. As long as all four of the other team members are from the same faction he provides abilities or buffs like you stated.
  • Shaddesy wrote: »
    I think they should heavily consider making a ep2/3/Star Wars rebels version of him, and instead of him being a straight up villain he’s “neutral” in a sense where he has both GR synergy as chancellor palpatine and straight Sith synergy (and/or empire if they want to go that way) as Darth Sidious.

An interesting thought, also "neutral" doesn't fit. Palpatine was never neutral. He was ambitious before becoming a Sith and by the time he took part in politics his agenda was already the Sith agenda of his master and ofc. himself. But yes, it would be indeed fun, to have a DS Sith character with heavy GR synergy. They were his tools after all... As you mentioned Sith/Imp synergy and tag would make him an interesting anf fun character for a broad range of teams.