3v3 isn't the same with relics

Prev1
Used to love 3v3 GA, but since relics, just seems if you dont have the right counter, youre screwed. Just no fun in that. At G12 you could wittle them down, just not possible with many teams.

Replies

• Yea, you are right. Totally!

Specially as relic characters are so much stronger and pairing doesn't reflect best squads so well. 3x 120k meta relic squad is way better than 3x 120k chars not reliced or non meta squads. Not to mention having Malak or not is quite dealbreaker

Quite often opponents have way more relic characters / top meta squads geared better.

Pairing should take something out of possible synergies like 5 SEmpire toons with average gl of 7* 12+5 = +X compared str. Or give extra worth to best X characters and less worth to Y least characters. As "ignorant" people complain that pairing is biased if GP <> GP of opponent GAC should show "pairing strength".

-D
  • Agree. Previously it was fun. Not anymore :/ especially again with broken characters like GAS.
  • VeNeNo wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Agree. Previously it was fun. Not anymore :/ especially again with broken characters like GAS.
    lol, GAS event has been around a second time , so if you dont have him it means you do not want to have him.
    Remember what event you are talking about. If you got GAS you should know...
  • Anyone that’s faced a R7 JKR, Jolee, yoda team feels this pain
  • Meh... so get the right counters. It’s really not that difficult.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Agree. Previously it was fun. Not anymore :/ especially again with broken characters like GAS.
    GAS is easier to beat in 3v3 though.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Meh... so get the right counters. It’s really not that difficult.

Its not as cool and simple as just "getting the right counters" with 3v3 r7 opponents. Maybe at a lower GP level my comment doesn't apply, at 5.5 it's complicated, not going to spell out every matchup to you.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    VeNeNo wrote: »
    lol, GAS event has been around a second time , so if you dont have him it means you do not want to have him.

I'd respectfully disagree. I'd built my farming plan off of the Malak re-release and CG sprung it on us a bit earlier. I'll be ready in about 2-3 weeks. I mean I could have totally spent I guess to close it out, which is what I'm sure is what CG was hoping people would do, but I don't have enough GET to get him to 7 star right away anyways so not worth it really. SO not fair to say if I don't have him I didn't want him. Sure I want him. I was following a plan and CG changed it up a bit. Not upset. It is what it is and there's no defined rules for when characters like this will come back, but that's why I don't have him. Nothing to do with the desire.
  • Tier1, 4.8mil gp...... I have 13 g13 toons, not the most and not the least. My strategy has been to basically save 12 strong teams for offense..... this is overkill but the name of the game is counters. Use the squad load outs, build yourself some goto offense squads, and fill your defense with what you have left. Assume your going to need to go offense heavy to win and your chance of winning will go up considerably. 3v3 requires much more thinking and strategy than 5v5 simply because the synergy is a lot different for 3 toons than 5..... more counters come into play.

Morale of the story is, play offense and win by out scoring your opponent... assume your gonna get full cleared and make smart attack choices, use undersized squads where you can, etc. hope this helps but I’m over the whole broken matchmaking thing, strategy wins
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    MntMan wrote: »

I'd respectfully disagree. I'd built my farming plan off of the Malak re-release and CG sprung it on us a bit earlier. I'll be ready in about 2-3 weeks. I mean I could have totally spent I guess to close it out, which is what I'm sure is what CG was hoping people would do, but I don't have enough GET to get him to 7 star right away anyways so not worth it really. SO not fair to say if I don't have him I didn't want him. Sure I want him. I was following a plan and CG changed it up a bit. Not upset. It is what it is and there's no defined rules for when characters like this will come back, but that's why I don't have him. Nothing to do with the desire.

I wanted him, I got him the second time he came. Im ftp.
    You probably didnt want him so much ;)

Well, I got him too 2nd time around, but the event is a RNG nightmare
  • Sorry, just had to bring this up:

“If you don’t have GAS by the second run, you didn’t want him.”

Seriously? If you believe that then you have no idea what the average SWGOH player looks like. That’s fine though, continue to think the entire game is populated by dedicated forum-frequenters and top 50 arena goers who have spent great amounts of money, time, or some combination of both.

You can continue to think it, but it won’t make it true, so save the rest of us your subtle bragging and think to yourself.
  • Tier1, 4.8mil gp...... I have 13 g13 toons, not the most and not the least. My strategy has been to basically save 12 strong teams for offense..... this is overkill but the name of the game is counters. Use the squad load outs, build yourself some goto offense squads, and fill your defense with what you have left. Assume your going to need to go offense heavy to win and your chance of winning will go up considerably. 3v3 requires much more thinking and strategy than 5v5 simply because the synergy is a lot different for 3 toons than 5..... more counters come into play.

Morale of the story is, play offense and win by out scoring your opponent... assume your gonna get full cleared and make smart attack choices, use undersized squads where you can, etc. hope this helps but I’m over the whole broken matchmaking thing, strategy wins

Appreciate the time to respond...I do go offense heavy with my teams. I currently have 34 g13 toons, my opponents typically have around the same. My typical defense uses 15 g13, to put it in perspective. My opponents tend to get hung up on one of mine as much as I get hung up on one of theirs. Prior to relics, you could take down g12's with g11's.... i'm finding that relic 5+ are not the same.

I mean, whatever, I enjoy 3v3 GA, probably was my favorite part of the game prior to relics. It's just a different type of 3v3 now. If your counter loses to bad RNG (which happens to anyone), you can really be screwed.
  • Starl0rd wrote: »
    Tier1, 4.8mil gp...... I have 13 g13 toons, not the most and not the least. My strategy has been to basically save 12 strong teams for offense..... this is overkill but the name of the game is counters. Use the squad load outs, build yourself some goto offense squads, and fill your defense with what you have left. Assume your going to need to go offense heavy to win and your chance of winning will go up considerably. 3v3 requires much more thinking and strategy than 5v5 simply because the synergy is a lot different for 3 toons than 5..... more counters come into play.

Appreciate the time to respond...I do go offense heavy with my teams. I currently have 34 g13 toons, my opponents typically have around the same. My typical defense uses 15 g13, to put it in perspective. My opponents tend to get hung up on one of mine as much as I get hung up on one of theirs. Prior to relics, you could take down g12's with g11's.... i'm finding that relic 5+ are not the same.

I mean, whatever, I enjoy 3v3 GA, probably was my favorite part of the game prior to relics. It's just a different type of 3v3 now. If your counter loses to bad RNG (which happens to anyone), you can really be screwed.

True counters dont need rng. If you bring traya sion DN to fight geos you actually cant lose even if you are purposefully trying to lose. Same with wampa vs phx, nest vs ewoks... etc etc

i want to have him, but as i just got a 6* endurance just before his first event I'm stuck waiting on the mastery events to 7* the endurance. 4 months to go. so i have stuff for him behind two other squads I'm in higher need of atm
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I’m the only one in my GAC without GAS or drevan/malak (as I don’t want any of them) I’m 2-1 this GAC should have been 3-0 but I made a silly error it’s all about the counters 😁 I’m division 1 4.95 mil gp
  • The other problem is, there are far more characters this time around that have a substantially higher "RNG" factor built into their kits. I lost my last match because my Padme did her stun kick FIVE TIMES and nothing happened all five times. My opponent's Padme on defense stun kicked 100% of the time (even when my team had tenacity up buffs on them). Padme's middle name is "RNG" and Relic 5-7 means you have to be perfect and RNGesus has to bless you a bit to beat her team, among others.

I actually was able to beat a GA$ on defense, but it took me 3 teams to do it. Not nearly as bad as a Padme GK JKA team on defense.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The other problem is, there are far more characters this time around that have a substantially higher "RNG" factor built into their kits. I lost my last match because my Padme did her stun kick FIVE TIMES and nothing happened all five times. My opponent's Padme on defense stun kicked 100% of the time (even when my team had tenacity up buffs on them). Padme's middle name is "RNG" and Relic 5-7 means you have to be perfect and RNGesus has to bless you a bit to beat her team, among others.

I actually was able to beat a GA$ on defense, but it took me 3 teams to do it. Not nearly as bad as a Padme GK JKA team on defense.

You lost because your padme kicked enemy padme? Who was in control of your padme telling her to kick?

One day you will realize kicking Padme is a bad idea. Just because you have a mass assist special available doesn't mean you should use it, maybe that basic attack is better? Have u tried? (especially when the other team is immune to stun when they have protection up and they gain even more protection up from each out of turn attack against them maybe mass assist that stuns isnt the best move).

I've mastered padme vs padme but it took many attempts. I can now win 90% or more even if our relic'd.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The other problem is, there are far more characters this time around that have a substantially higher "RNG" factor built into their kits. I lost my last match because my Padme did her stun kick FIVE TIMES and nothing happened all five times. My opponent's Padme on defense stun kicked 100% of the time (even when my team had tenacity up buffs on them). Padme's middle name is "RNG" and Relic 5-7 means you have to be perfect and RNGesus has to bless you a bit to beat her team, among others.

You lost because your padme kicked enemy padme? Who was in control of your padme telling her to kick?

One day you will realize kicking Padme is a bad idea. Just because you have a mass assist special available doesn't mean you should use it, maybe that basic attack is better? Have u tried? (especially when the other team is immune to stun when they have protection up and they gain even more protection up from each out of turn attack against them maybe mass assist that stuns isnt the best move).

I've mastered padme vs padme but it took many attempts. I can now win 90% or more even if our relic'd.

I wasn't doing a mirror match with it. I was attacking another team.

I do have Gas. Any other stupid replics you have?
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

I do have Gas.
    So what's your problem with him in 3v3?
  • Doing 3v3 with Malak in the game is just plain stupid. CG needs to just stop.
  • Anyone that’s faced a R7 JKR, Jolee, yoda team feels this pain
    I have... It isn’t difficult if you know what to use, I normally use Darth reven, badstilla and thrawn, with the only relic on thrawn(as of today, badstilla). It isn’t hard. It depends on the mods though, as it did before relics.

• I have the opposite problem. I’m just barely into D2 and have 13 relic characters. But I only have 19 G12. I constantly get paired against people with 2 or 3 times as many G12 but usually half the relics.

This round is my 13 Relic to their 7 relic and my 19 G12 to their 40 G12.

Point being, I face a wall of G12+ and they have a ton of G12+ left on offense.

Top 70 GP doesn’t tell the whole story. Oh well. TLJ is a great movie. TRoS was fun too.
  • I have the opposite problem. I’m just barely into D2 and have 13 relic characters. But I only have 19 G12. I constantly get paired against people with 2 or 3 times as many G12 but usually half the relics.

Top 70 GP doesn’t tell the whole story. Oh well. TLJ is a great movie. TRoS was fun too.

I actually agree with your post. But one question though, how do you only have 19 G12 at like 3.8 - 4.0M? I've had ~70 G12 at that GP and ~10 G13. 19 seems really low. When did you start playing?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I have the opposite problem. I’m just barely into D2 and have 13 relic characters. But I only have 19 G12. I constantly get paired against people with 2 or 3 times as many G12 but usually half the relics.

You're "top heavy" as we call it with the majority of your GP being at the very top of your roster. Nice thing is it's much easier for you to acquire more g12 toons than it is for your opponents to get relic toons. Also, you have the advantage of knowing which specific toons will help you the most.

You may struggle for a short while, but you can definitely work this out.
  • Thanks. Yeah it’s a period of adjustment going into D2.

I guess I’m top heavy with a few specific toons but mostly the ones to unlock metas. I’ve been playing since Nov 2017 I think. I have a lot of GP at the bottom too though. I’m not one of those accounts with 15 rows of level one toons at the bottom of my roster. They’re all level 50 or above and probably G6+. I buffed my roster to help get our guild GP up for TW rewards.

Here: https://swgoh.gg/p/225812523/
    Tier1, 4.8mil gp...... I have 13 g13 toons, not the most and not the least. My strategy has been to basically save 12 strong teams for offense..... this is overkill but the name of the game is counters. Use the squad load outs, build yourself some goto offense squads, and fill your defense with what you have left. Assume your going to need to go offense heavy to win and your chance of winning will go up considerably. 3v3 requires much more thinking and strategy than 5v5 simply because the synergy is a lot different for 3 toons than 5..... more counters come into play.

True counters dont need rng. If you bring traya sion DN to fight geos you actually cant lose even if you are purposefully trying to lose. Same with wampa vs phx, nest vs ewoks... etc etc

3v3 or 5v5? Agreed on the former. Have proof of the latter not being true :smiley: Granted, GBA needs to be relic'd against G12 Traya (and they need to take out DN before they hit anyone else, and they had really great mods). Also, Phoenix running Sabine and Ezra can beat Wampa if she gets in enough armor shreds and zEzra is modded with high offense / CC / CD.

3v3 or 5v5? Agreed on the former. Have proof of the latter not being true :smiley: Granted, GBA needs to be relic'd against G12 Traya (and they need to take out DN before they hit anyone else, and they had really great mods). Also, Phoenix running Sabine and Ezra can beat Wampa if she gets in enough armor shreds and zEzra is modded with high offense / CC / CD.

Hard to discuss with those that really think this game is all skill / no rng... Everyone is aware, especially at higher GP's, that there are true counters and there are those match-ups that involve RNG. Not worth wasting your time engaging.