True impact of relics

So lately I've been trying to improve functionality of my best toons who are currently gear 13 and at least between relic 2-4. When it comes to specifics I think I've read on forums or something that only at relic 7 do toons begin to show massive improvement. My question is does this effect every toon? Like for example my gm Yoda is currently relic 4 with fully sliced mods and no zetas filled. However if I were to get him to relic level 5 and zeta his special ability will I see a significant increase in his damage output?

Replies

• 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    The biggest increases are at R6 and 7, but it all helps. The stat boosts can be seen on swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2020
    I work with many toons at r4. Seems to work just fine there.

It's just like gear, key toons do benefit from being at max, but most teams can be a mix of slightly lower tier and do just fine.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    You should zeta GM Yoda's battle meditation regardless, gear level has nothing to do with it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• IMHO the DPS of a team (GMY, JKA, Spirit/Talzin, Sith Maurauder etc) benefit the most from R7

Support generally R4 or 5 is good enough
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I work with many toons at r4. Seems to work just fine there.

It's just like gear, key toons do benefit from being at max, but most teams can be a mix of slightly lower tier and do just fine.
    This. I only have one toon above r3 and I am doing just fine. The question is really what works well enough for you? And bear in mind that higher relic levels also mean more GP concentrated at the top of your roster which will earn you tougher GAC opponents.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If you're concerned about GA, keep in mind that relics add huge amounts of GP. So if you push a couple of characters to R7, you'll end up very top-heavy and probably struggle against opponents with more balanced rosters.

You don't really "need" relics on the vast majority of characters. Obviously some characters benefit disproportionately (Grievous and Jedi Knight Anakin are notable examples), but for most, low relics or just flat G13 is fine.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• You get huge damage increase from battle med in D P S
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    3p0 gets huge damage increase at R7. Totally worth it.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    If you're concerned about GA, keep in mind that relics add huge amounts of GP. So if you push a couple of characters to R7, you'll end up very top-heavy and probably struggle against opponents with more balanced rosters.

You don't really "need" relics on the vast majority of characters. Obviously some characters benefit disproportionately (Grievous and Jedi Knight Anakin are notable examples), but for most, low relics or just flat G13 is fine.

Thats why Im working on relicing the top 65 toons in my rosster.
  • 0dysseusK wrote: »
    The biggest increases are at R6 and 7, but it all helps. The stat boosts can be seen on swgoh.gg

Actually most of the increases from relic lvl to lvl are the same