Which toons can we expect to see from rise of Skywalker?

1235Next

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    well we got a new poe confirmed

That was likely one of the most obvious characters they were to release, as Rey, Fin and Poe are the new Luke, Leia and Han. We already have 3 Reys coming to the game and 2 Fin's, Poe was a certainty.
  • New movie was terrible lol. Also CG seems to have painted themselves into a bit of a corner on two occasions here. First the release Hux before the movie, in which it turns out that Hux is a traitor and a resistance spy. Should've been LS I guess and might not be the best choice to crew a first order capital ship after all.

Then there's Rey and Kylo in the journey guide, made to represent LS and DS. Except in the movie it turned out early on that Kylo didn't want to break bad after all and he became a good guy for the rest of the flick after a heartfelt moment with force-ghost dad.

So honestly I understand CG and the weird silence that's followed the movie, where new toons are considered. At this point they probably regret giving a **** about the movie at all. Hopefully it means they will get on to Mandalorian content quicker. After the GR jedi reworks of course.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    New movie was terrible lol. Also CG seems to have painted themselves into a bit of a corner on two occasions here. First the release Hux before the movie, in which it turns out that Hux is a traitor and a resistance spy. Should've been LS I guess and might not be the best choice to crew a first order capital ship after all.

Then there's Rey and Kylo in the journey guide, made to represent LS and DS. Except in the movie it turned out early on that Kylo didn't want to break bad after all and he became a good guy for the rest of the flick after a heartfelt moment with force-ghost dad.

So honestly I understand CG and the weird silence that's followed the movie, where new toons are considered. At this point they probably regret giving a **** about the movie at all. Hopefully it means they will get on to Mandalorian content quicker. After the GR jedi reworks of course.

Hux is far from LS, he just hates Kylo even more than the Resistance. He actually said it - "I don't care if you win. I just want Kylo Ren to lose". I don't know how anyone can consider him LS.
    And Kylo is pretty dark until that moment you mentioned, so as long as he keeps his crossguard saber, he fits.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    New movie was terrible lol. Also CG seems to have painted themselves into a bit of a corner on two occasions here. First the release Hux before the movie, in which it turns out that Hux is a traitor and a resistance spy. Should've been LS I guess and might not be the best choice to crew a first order capital ship after all.

Hux is far from LS, he just hates Kylo even more than the Resistance. He actually said it - "I don't care if you win. I just want Kylo Ren to lose". I don't know how anyone can consider him LS.
    And Kylo is pretty dark until that moment you mentioned, so as long as he keeps his crossguard saber, he fits.

Another poorly conceived plot from the new movies - a dedicated officer that would see his army and faction crumble just because he dislikes a co-worker, lol.

Can anyone imagine becoming a traitor to the USA, giving secrets to terrorist organizations, as a high ranking and dedicated General, because you simply don't like Trump?

Its so bad its actually laughable!
  • Boo wrote: »

Another poorly conceived plot from the new movies - a dedicated officer that would see his army and faction crumble just because he dislikes a co-worker, lol.

Can anyone imagine becoming a traitor to the USA, giving secrets to terrorist organizations, as a high ranking and dedicated General, because you simply don't like Trump?

Yes being a highly ranking member of the military and then helping the enemy is a very foreign concept in US history...

https://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/benedict-arnold
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Honestly traitor is traitor so Hux is not a good fit for the in-game first order fleet commander anyway. And he was revealed to be the RESISTANCE SPY. Hux might not consider himself part of the resistance, yet he is exactly that, in almost every way.

Also Kylo had what, 20 minutes of being the villain and then two hours or so of redemption? Actually it felt like three hours or maybe four. What a terrible movie I hope any new content will be fleeting. Onto the stuff that actually matters like the Mandalorian.
  • They already said it is Episode 7 Hux.

Han was in Bens head not a ghost.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    We need a new Han Solo. So how about Hallucination Han?

Yes but first Carbonite Han please. Tanks like a wall.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ludendorff wrote: »
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    We need a new Han Solo. So how about Hallucination Han?

Yes but first Carbonite Han please. Tanks like a wall.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199965/kit-reveal-carbonite-han/p1
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    About Hux—
    Hux hating Kylo Ren to the point that he would undermine the First Order just to ensure Kylo Ren lost is the most Dark Side thing he could have done. The underlying philosophy of the Dark Side is that might makes right, which then implies that people who follow the Dark Side act selfishly in order to forward themselves at the expense of others. So of course he should be Dark Side regardless of whether this is TFA or TLJ or ROS Hux.

Anyway. Bump the Jawa Scavenger from the Cantina, make him Babu Frik. Hey-HEY!

Also, not to split hairs, but I would say that the movie was okay. A solid C, maybe C+ if I’m feeling generous. It was a couple hours in an air conditioned theatre and it had some good action. So, taken all together, maybe I count as one of the “85%” who like it.

But it’s the worst Star Wars I’ve seen. Far from being, as someone earlier derisively stated, for “new fans” it was pure fanservice for the cantankerous old fans who were so upset that The Last Jedi tried to do something new. So this movie undid almost all of it, rewound the clock, and came in with the most generic and obvious plot that Reddit could come up with. This was nostalgia for nostalgia’s sake.

And it was fine. I didn’t hate it. I have no strong feelings about it either way. And that’s the most damning thing about the movie—love or hate The Last Jedi you felt something when it was over. Rise of Skywalker just left me feeling that it was over.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »

I see your reasoning but I guess the invalidation doesn't bother me. Palpatine had hinted he found ways to survive and stop death, he was one of the most powerful sith that ever existed. And I suppose prophecy I've learned from many of fantasy stories is never to be taken literal. When was Luke ever promised happiness? The prophecy supposedly said there was someone who would bring balance to the force, but what is balance? Equal light and dark, but that can never really happen, there is always back and forth, someone always has to win.

Let's say palpatine stayed dead, first order was never a thing and Luke lived happily ever after, how is that balance? At that point the light is way over loaded and the darkness is suppressed, they are all just skipping through Daisy's singing songs together. Honestly I'm kind of glad Snoke was a nobody, from the first time I saw him he seemed stupid to me, and I'm also glad Kylo wasn't the big bad of the series because he just couldn't pull it off. He seemed like a whiny baby to me.

While more back story to why Palpatine survived would have been nice, it more than makes sense someone as intelligent and sly as him had a back up plan. He spent decades building up and infiltrating the Senate to get to the point where he could take over. Someone like that who has things like cloning at his finger tips, the knowledge that sith like to kill their masters, it only makes sense for him to have a back up plan in case something happened. It almost would be dumb if he didn't in some way have some sort of plan set up for if he lost or got struck down by one of his apprentices.

I mean at the end of the day each person has their own opinions, do I think the new trilogy was the best? No not at all, I do however go into the theater with an open mind and am able to enjoy it because it still feels like star wars to me. I never once got the feeling that they were destroying my love for the older movies and am okay with them trying out things. Star wars has always been a vast universe and I am fully aware and like the fact that I don't know everything about the universe. I don't go in thinking I know everything and if they do one thing I don't agree with the whole thing is ruined, because in a universe that size there should be unexpected and unexplainable things. At least that is my opinion.

I mean you have every right to have your opinion, and there is nothing wrong with that; I just heavily disagree with it.
    The galaxy is vast, but it is never vast enough to contain direct contradiction. You may like it or not but when you make statements in a movie, there are statements from other movies (equally strong) that actually create an environment you should fit in.

(Or you can make a call and say no movies up to this point are canon anymore. But that takes balls)
    Luke and happiness - absolutely not explicitly written or said anywhere but he definitely found purpose at the end of ROTJ. And for jedi purpose is the closest thing to happiness. Maybe I should have used the word "peace" instead. Not explicitly said, but definitely promised by the narrative. Anyway, none of that happened, so it doesnt matter at this point.

Palpi having a backup plan... One could argue for and against it but to be honest none of these arguments are strongly conclusive. I could write tons of argument against it but my main statement would be that it is just a cheap and deus-ex-machina move, one I heavily despise.

About balance: I think you must keep some things a little bit hidden, only partially revealed to maintain the armosphere of mysticity. Defining balance seems to be a little bit awkward idea for me. Like explaining the Force. It is not even about the midichlorians, it is about the idea of explaining. At the start of TNH there are 2 jedi and 2 sith, and it is not balanced. At the start of ROTJ there are 2 sith and 1 jedi, still no balance. Claiming that 1 jedi 0 sith would not count as a balanced state is not exactly well founded to me. We were only explicity told that Anakin would create it.

It is pretty much obvious that if someone does not get bothered by direct contradictions and invalidations then the movies can be enjoyable and whereas I am on an absolutely different page here, in a strange way i am glad you were able to enjoy them.

• Didn’t Anakin bring balance when he turned into Vader and wiped the Jedi to near extinction? Just off the movies there would have been only Old Ben and Yoda vs Vader and Palpatine. Then Ben dies and Luke takes his place. Luke & Yoda vs Vader & Palpatine. Balance. Then Yoda dies and then Vader and Palpatine. Once again leaving the Force unbalanced. Guess you could say Anakin brought balance and Luke unbalanced it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Didn’t Anakin bring balance when he turned into Vader and wiped the Jedi to near extinction? Just off the movies there would have been only Old Ben and Yoda vs Vader and Palpatine. Then Ben dies and Luke takes his place. Luke & Yoda vs Vader & Palpatine. Balance. Then Yoda dies and then Vader and Palpatine. Once again leaving the Force unbalanced. Guess you could say Anakin brought balance and Luke unbalanced it.

Or you could argue that Exegol, as a Sith base, was a cause of imbalance and, in a convoluted way, Anakin's actions led to its discovery and, presumably, cleansing. The thing is that "balance to the Force" is so nebulous that it can mean pretty much anything.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Didn’t Anakin bring balance when he turned into Vader and wiped the Jedi to near extinction? Just off the movies there would have been only Old Ben and Yoda vs Vader and Palpatine. Then Ben dies and Luke takes his place. Luke & Yoda vs Vader & Palpatine. Balance. Then Yoda dies and then Vader and Palpatine. Once again leaving the Force unbalanced. Guess you could say Anakin brought balance and Luke unbalanced it.

Yeah I personally think this is theorycrafting at its worst. None of those statements are supported by the narrative of the movies, in fact they are hinted to be totally false, and the only thing we are lacking here is an explicit contradiction, so it might be true at the end of the day.

This is exactly how disney makes movies.

(I dont want to make it personal at all i just really dislike this behaviour on disney's part and this was a perfect demonstration)

Yes I could.

Or put it this way, let’s say you’re the Commandant of the Army (if they have one) and then Trump left the golf course and decided to take direct command (absurd I know) and every day he choked you, hit you, threw you across the room... so you maybe you get mad and do anything in your power to cause him to fail... not so far fetched is it?

We’re not talking about a random NCO who dislikes his commanding officer.

Yes I could.

Or put it this way, let’s say you’re the Commandant of the Army (if they have one) and then Trump left the golf course and decided to take direct command (absurd I know) and every day he choked you, hit you, threw you across the room... so you maybe you get mad and do anything in your power to cause him to fail... not so far fetched is it?

We’re not talking about a random NCO who dislikes his commanding officer.

I’m pretty sure he means the country in general not trump(or any other president) which would be a different scenario
  • What you see is what you get.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I hope this thread gets closed because so many of you can't stay on topic.

Take your episode IX hate somewhere else.