Fix territory war matchmaking already

W00kiemonster
138 posts Member
edited January 2020
q3yqwgjk3r5u.png

I ask at every developer q&a and it’s never addressed.. but tw matchmaking is effed!

We are barely into the new one and our whole board is cleared and almost all in their first battle.

Kudos to whomever we are against but this obviously not a match between even near equals.

You want GAC to come down to the point at the last minute but you don’t seem to care at all about tw which requires much more coordination and effort.... we might as well just sign up, not post defenses and just take the loot without even playing for as much fun as it has become.
Post edited by W00kiemonster on

Replies

• Perhaps you want to show us the comparison between your guild and your opponent's and perhaps your defenses as well? At least the first 2 front lines.

First impression is that your defenses might be too easy and that they're in a different timezone where it's extremely convenient for them to wipe you out first.
  • or post the link to both guild
  • @W00kiemonster please post the screen shots of the sectors so we can critique the differences in defenses set. Most of these cases can be explained and just because you got blown out doesn't mean it was a mismatch... For example differences in leadership by officers leading to a good or bad defensive strategy makes an impact on the results.

Did the opposing guild use malaak front line tactic?

Did your guild use the phoenix teams front row tactic?
  • We have 196mm gp total in our guild they have 241mm (and with 2 fewer members)

Defensive strategy was not our problem...

Our front lines were padme/Shaak Ti up top and gg/bugs on the bottom. Behind those were revans with either NS or zcarth depending on the territory. All strong and zeta’d teams and many with relics.

Last rows were focused sith, BH, Cls, Kru with revans and overflow sprinkled in. So certainly not impenetrable but enough that it should have taken longer and where some teams should have required a few tries.
  • a 50 million GP difference is pretty harsh. Even if they are short two players that's still excessive. We're in a similar situation for the second match in a row, we're getting slaughtered and most of their clears are 1:1 against us and before the new year we were undefeated for months.

It could be that the matchmaking decided you should fight someone much higher GP if you had a significant win streak, it could be that matchmaking is broken, and it could be that they are one of those machine guilds that gets everyone prepped for TW the minute it starts and then rolls through as quickly as possible right at the start. It could also be that they went super heavy offense and behind their first couple of walls is B or C teams on defense.

It is very possible that matchmaking is screwy again. They've been making some hefty software updates so I wouldn't be surprised if it broke matchmaking too.
  • We have been in only a handful of close matches in the last 8 months and have only actually won 1 or 2 matches. Part of that was our problem initially but since then we have just been completely overwhelmed.
  • as there are only 19 teams per sector, there must be only 38 or 39 members participating in this tw on one side, the opponent has 38 to 50 members playing. you have to compare the sum of GP of this 38 or 39 members with the sum of GP of participants of the other guild. i am sure then there won´t be a gap of 50 million...
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • as there are only 19 teams per sector, there must be only 38 or 39 members participating in this tw on one side, the opponent has 38 to 50 members playing. you have to compare the sum of GP of this 38 or 39 members with the sum of GP of participants of the other guild. i am sure then there won´t be a gap of 50 million...

The problem with this is, as was mentioned dozens of times before, there is a substantial difference between a guild that's 250 million and a guild of 200 million. If ten of their members at 5 mil GP aren't participating, you're still averaging 40 5 mil GP players. A guild of 50 at 200 million is averaging 4 mil GP and there's a substantial difference between a 4 mil player and a 5 mil player. We don't face people with 1 mil less GP in GAC, so it should be the same in TW. (At the extreme, Imagine a 5 mil GP player who faces a whole guild of 5 mil GP, who's going to win? If he has GA$ especially, just put two teams on D and uses the rest of his roster to clear all their zones and they won't get past his front line.)

Not only does CG need to add more "tiers" to TW, they also need to have a floor and ceiling to their current TW tier. If your guild drops 10 players, oh well you still fight in your current tier, even at the bottom of that tier.
  • Just do 2 frontlines of arena quality teams and put absolute garbage behind them. My guild has about the same GP as yours and we rarely get full cleared and always full clear our opponents. Carth/NS/ Bh walls I can take out 16 of by myself most of the time.
  • We had this for the first time in a while. 220m GP guild facing against our 163m GP.

Managed to clear the front wall of G12/G13 Geo's but behind was a wall of R7 DR & Malak, JKR and Padme

We threw everything at it and still had 2 of them left when time ran out

As the rewards are so close for winning or losing its not that much of a problem, barring wasting 24 hours in a match up we couldnt possibly win
  • q3yqwgjk3r5u.png

I ask at every developer q&a and it’s never addressed.. but tw matchmaking is effed!

We are barely into the new one and our whole board is cleared and almost all in their first battle.

Kudos to whomever we are against but this obviously not a match between even near equals.

You want GAC to come down to the point at the last minute but you don’t seem to care at all about tw which requires much more coordination and effort.... we might as well just sign up, not post defenses and just take the loot without even playing for as much fun as it has become.

No, matchmaking was and is flawless!

You just need to
    1) whale harder
    2) improve your strategy, and
    3) stop complaining.

In case you find any sarcasm in my response please convert into GP!
  • 4 territory wars in a row against guilds with only 46/48 members joining. No chance.

This is disgusting and CG as usual ignoring the player base.