Help: Fleet ships

Nox_Eternal666
25 posts Member
edited April 2022
I never been the kind of player using forums that much. But my first (and only by now), post was so helpful (people gave fantastic tips), then I've decided to ask for more help/tips ...;-)

I am, as instructed before, building my Fleet Power.
By now, I have:

Tarkin's capital
KRU ship
Tie Fighter

****'s
Ghost (farming yet)
Phantom II (farming yet)

I am focusing on them because I believe (by the videos I've seen), that of these toons are usable aside from being pilots. (Tarkin and TFP for Imperial teams, KRU for First Order and Biggs seems to be very good with Wedge), also the Phoenix ships because I have Phoenix toons (aside from Sabine at 5*) at 7*

But, people told me to, at first, focus on a DS team.
And now comes my doubt:

Should I add First Order Tie fighter to my roster or Star a Geonosian team?
It seems that both ships AND toons of Geonosian are very good...

I truly trying to avoid investing in ships which toons are not usable
Mace (heard he is crap)
Jedi Consular
Clone Sargent...

Any tips people?

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Clone Sarge is becoming part of the ship meta.. Add FOTFP, he's a decent char. Absolutely star geos, with GBA that team is killer.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • As long as you don't get the 3-star dark side ships challenge you can simulate so you get 2 zetas on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays the investment in the ships can't stop. This makes it easier to have good ships and a well-equipped tarkin.

Another goal to achieve is to have all points on the 3 star ships table so you can simulate any of them and the easiest recipe for this is Hounds + Geonosians.

Considerations about Mace being one of the game's weaker characters proceed but there is a constant threat of character rework which can change everything. And regardless of rework this should not be a point for you to decide your farm.

Phoenix are one of the currently weakest teams in the game, but that doesn't stop him from being the most relevant team that should reach g8 and rarity 7 first for those just starting out.
  • As someone already indicated, you need DS ships to gain the advantage in being able to farm zetas (6 a week). FOTF is a great ship. I remember he was a staple in my early ship days.

However, I would strongly advise you to go all in on the three geonosians ships. Further to that, also focus on all 5 geonosians. Early game and end game they all have a place.
  • Okay, it's not that the advice given by others is bad, but I'm concerned that no one has asked you about your Bounty Hunters.

You really should be getting your bounty hunter ships as quickly as possible. The pilots will help you with a large number of special events and missions (including the vital Credit Heist) and also are all required for the OG Falcon, which is a MUST HAVE in ships. Moreover, Bounty Hunters get you Chewbacca, one of the best characters in the game, and 3 of the 4 BH pilots can be key pieces in any squad trying to unlock Chewie. (IG-88 is too squishy for that event).

Geonosians are a vital long term goal, and they can be a good squad in ships, but they shouldn't be prioritized over the Bounty Hunters which are vital in many early-mid game activities while Geonosians are definitely important more in later-game activities (for instance, defeating Acklay and gaining Was shards).

If it's easy to farm a geonosian ship without sacrificing progress on Bounty Hunters, go for it. Quick farms (like Geo Soldier, for instance) can help you get your first Zeta mats sooner, but Geos as a squad should come after you have a BH squad that's maxing out the Credit Heist and has won your 7* Chewbacca. I'd hate for you to be farming Sun Far over a Bounty Hunter, for instance.
  • @MasterSeedy
    Boba: Cantina Coins
    Cad: GW
    Bossk: Yellow Energy
    IG-88: Arena

Slave 1: Rarely in Ship Shop and Ship Table
    Xanadu Blood: Yellow Energy
    IG-2000: Yellow Energy
    Hounds: Yellow Energy

Geonosianos Pilots: Everyone appears in the Ship store, Soldier and the spy are in the canteen energy, sun fac appears in the guild store.

Sun Fac's ship is on the ship table, the soldier and spy ship is in the GW shop, the Sun Fac's ship is also on GW but is very rare.

Having a ready Jedi team capable of waging war on the ground will greatly accelerate the ships.

That's 285 ship table power generated every 24 hours ... it's possible to farm both in parallel in the worst case scenario.

I help whenever I can here in the forum with planning tips. Despite having few posts I am not an amateur.
  • Okay, it's not that the advice given by others is bad, but I'm concerned that no one has asked you about your Bounty Hunters.

You really should be getting your bounty hunter ships as quickly as possible. The pilots will help you with a large number of special events and missions (including the vital Credit Heist) and also are all required for the OG Falcon, which is a MUST HAVE in ships. Moreover, Bounty Hunters get you Chewbacca, one of the best characters in the game, and 3 of the 4 BH pilots can be key pieces in any squad trying to unlock Chewie. (IG-88 is too squishy for that event).

Geonosians are a vital long term goal, and they can be a good squad in ships, but they shouldn't be prioritized over the Bounty Hunters which are vital in many early-mid game activities while Geonosians are definitely important more in later-game activities (for instance, defeating Acklay and gaining Was shards).

If it's easy to farm a geonosian ship without sacrificing progress on Bounty Hunters, go for it. Quick farms (like Geo Soldier, for instance) can help you get your first Zeta mats sooner, but Geos as a squad should come after you have a BH squad that's maxing out the Credit Heist and has won your 7* Chewbacca. I'd hate for you to be farming Sun Far over a Bounty Hunter, for instance.

Wow...thanks!! that was a fantastic tip!!
    My BH , currently, constists only of DENGAR ( 3* going to 4). Boba will be elegible in a few days to (70 shards out of 80)...
    What BH team do you recomend?
  • Well, you have to have 4 specific bounty hunters to acquire the OG Falcon ship. Those are:

Boba
    Bossk
    Cad Bane
    IG-88

For Chewbacca, you'll need Dengar (which you're already working on) to get to 7*, but you can probably get Chewie at 5* and maybe even 6* without Dengar, so he can lag a bit behind the others if necessary.

For every purpose other than the Falcon event (where you have no alternative), you'll probably want to replace IG-88. So with Dengar, you then only have 4. But lucky for you, Jango is on the same node as the Hound's Tooth ship.

Since you have to farm Hound's Tooth, you effectively get Jango for free, and Jango's a great BH.

So your initial BH lineup is probably going to be Boba, Bossk, Cad Bane, Dengar, & Jango, but all the BH are decent. Embo and Aurra are pretty great, but Embo is a long farm and Aurra is in the Cantina, where you're going to have other priorities. The last two are Greedo and Zam. I really like Zam against enemy squads that don't have any Tenacity bonuses, but she only really works like she's supposed to when you can blanket the enemy in Thermal Detonators, so if the enemy does have Tenacity bonuses she's really not a good toon to use. Greedo is fine, but not special except in certain limited situations.

So it's up to you, you have lots of options, but if I were just starting out, I'd probably stick with that initial BH lineup for a while. By the time it's a good idea to move on to a different BH lineup, I'm sure you'll have your own ideas about whom to farm & gear next to fit your play style and preferences (and it's always possible that they'll release a new one or two by then), so I won't try to tell you what to do.

In fact, let me take a moment to say that even though I'm telling you what I think is a good idea, if there's ever a difference choice that increases the fun you are having, choose that.

It's a game. Always choose the most fun option. Usually it helps you have more fun to farm and gear teams that work together well and help you progress through the game faster, because that means you get to play more events sooner or be more successful at the events that you do play (like TB, where you can start a battle with a single qualifying toon, so technically you 'can' play, but that doesn't mean getting instantly blown up is going to be fun for you). But if there's ever a time where you think that getting the absolute max advantage is making the game less fun for you, stop worrying about the max advantage and choose the thing that's good enough and gives you back your fun.

here endeth the lesson.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    The best "beginner fleet" you can probably put together is Biggs, Vader, and either Imperial TIE or FO TIE. Decent all-around reinforcements that are easily farmed are TIE Silencer, Slave 1, Wedge, and the Phoenix ships.

To really progress, like ground squads, you'll need a fully synergized fleet. The first "real" fleet you'll probably want to go for is Rebels, which will require Bossk, Cad Bane, IG88 and Boba and their respective ships. Once you have that up and running, you'll need to decide if you want to go for Separatists or Republic - either is fine, but their capital ships are really long GET store farms, so you can't really work on both at once. Also, don't skimp on Bossk's gear - he remains an extremely useful ship in almost any fleet (Separatists don't really need him) due to his unparalleled ability to absorb punishment.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Well, you have to have 4 specific bounty hunters to acquire the OG Falcon ship. Those are:

Boba
    Bossk
    Cad Bane
    IG-88

For Chewbacca, you'll need Dengar (which you're already working on) to get to 7*, but you can probably get Chewie at 5* and maybe even 6* without Dengar, so he can lag a bit behind the others if necessary.

For every purpose other than the Falcon event (where you have no alternative), you'll probably want to replace IG-88. So with Dengar, you then only have 4. But lucky for you, Jango is on the same node as the Hound's Tooth ship.

Since you have to farm Hound's Tooth, you effectively get Jango for free, and Jango's a great BH.

So your initial BH lineup is probably going to be Boba, Bossk, Cad Bane, Dengar, & Jango, but all the BH are decent. Embo and Aurra are pretty great, but Embo is a long farm and Aurra is in the Cantina, where you're going to have other priorities. The last two are Greedo and Zam. I really like Zam against enemy squads that don't have any Tenacity bonuses, but she only really works like she's supposed to when you can blanket the enemy in Thermal Detonators, so if the enemy does have Tenacity bonuses she's really not a good toon to use. Greedo is fine, but not special except in certain limited situations.

So it's up to you, you have lots of options, but if I were just starting out, I'd probably stick with that initial BH lineup for a while. By the time it's a good idea to move on to a different BH lineup, I'm sure you'll have your own ideas about whom to farm & gear next to fit your play style and preferences (and it's always possible that they'll release a new one or two by then), so I won't try to tell you what to do.

In fact, let me take a moment to say that even though I'm telling you what I think is a good idea, if there's ever a difference choice that increases the fun you are having, choose that.

It's a game. Always choose the most fun option. Usually it helps you have more fun to farm and gear teams that work together well and help you progress through the game faster, because that means you get to play more events sooner or be more successful at the events that you do play (like TB, where you can start a battle with a single qualifying toon, so technically you 'can' play, but that doesn't mean getting instantly blown up is going to be fun for you). But if there's ever a time where you think that getting the absolute max advantage is making the game less fun for you, stop worrying about the max advantage and choose the thing that's good enough and gives you back your fun.

here endeth the lesson.

Every bit of that is solid and valuable advice!
  • Hello. Imperial Fleet moderator here. Have you heard about our discord channel? We do all things fleet. https://discord.gg/qk5PpC6

Regardless, we publish a beginner's guide to fleet. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1as0OER6Pc14RdoyVpOd0trSlUcMMhZpRTv1RbM9sqKo/edit?usp=sharing
  • Something I don't hear mentioned often enough is the synergy between farming BH Fleet and Separatist toons. Hounds Tooth comes with Jango, Xandu Blood with Droideka, and IG-2000 gets Poggle. Coupled with the Geo's and you have solid darkside ships, and a great start on Padme and OG Falcon.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ventorious wrote: »
    Something I don't hear mentioned often enough is the synergy between farming BH Fleet and Separatist toons. Hounds Tooth comes with Jango, Xandu Blood with Droideka, and IG-2000 gets Poggle. Coupled with the Geo's and you have solid darkside ships, and a great start on Padme and OG Falcon.

Was this also true 2 yrs ago?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Something I don't hear mentioned often enough is the synergy between farming BH Fleet and Separatist toons. Hounds Tooth comes with Jango, Xandu Blood with Droideka, and IG-2000 gets Poggle. Coupled with the Geo's and you have solid darkside ships, and a great start on Padme and OG Falcon.

Yes.

I specifically didn't farm Poggle from any location but the IG2K node since I was going to need IG to get Falcon anyway so why waste coins or energy farming him elsewhere.
    The other 2 mentioned above don't have alternates so its going to happen naturally.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Yes.

I specifically didn't farm Poggle from any location but the IG2K node since I was going to need IG to get Falcon anyway so why waste coins or energy farming him elsewhere.
    The other 2 mentioned above don't have alternates so its going to happen naturally.

i dont think that was the point
    hello
  • EA_Solaire
    1213 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey all,
    As this post is fairly old, I'll be locking it to prevent any further necro-posting.
This discussion has been closed.