I find your lack of communications disturbing

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    I like how they said they dropped the ball in 2019 for content, when literally that’s all anyone was asking for all year. Are they admitting they ignore the users?

They are admitting they were unable to meet, or exceed user expectations rather than ignoring them. They also said they are aiming to meet player expectations this year regarding content

Ignoring would be saying the opposite

You mean like "we saw high engagement with relics by the playerbase"?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I like how they said they dropped the ball in 2019 for content, when literally that’s all anyone was asking for all year. Are they admitting they ignore the users?

They are admitting they were unable to meet, or exceed user expectations rather than ignoring them. They also said they are aiming to meet player expectations this year regarding content

Yes, but on the topic of content rather than relics
  • Relics dont count as content now?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Yes, relics are content. Not exciting to me either, but it is still content. But yes a new raid is long long over due, and yes I know it's coming. A new game mode would be nice, more challenging tiers on current events.

And I guess the good news is it is all coming sometime this year. Then the forums will be filled with posts about how difficult everything is. Except from me, give me more stuff as difficult as Geo LSTB.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Relics dont count as content now?
    They are part of it (subset). They did provide a lot of content but not enough to satisfy the players. The supply did not meet the demand.

Ignoring would be pretending that the GAC / Gear progression / 2x TB plus a bunch of other stuff was well received and they outdid themselves in producing new content to meet the player opinion and there was no player backlash on the lack of content

But I guess using your cherry picked arguments, we can say each new monthly GAC tournament is exciting brand new content and everyone loves GAC. Hence, everyone loves the content we got in 2019 (multiple new content every month!) and CG should just stick to the same schedule of content release as 2019
    Relics dont count as content now?
    They are part of it (subset). They did provide a lot of content but not enough to satisfy the players. The supply did not meet the demand.

Ignoring would be pretending that the GAC / Gear progression / 2x TB plus a bunch of other stuff was well received and they outdid themselves in producing new content to meet the player opinion and there was no player backlash on the lack of content

But I guess using your cherry picked arguments, we can say each new monthly GAC tournament is exciting brand new content and everyone loves GAC. Hence, everyone loves the content we got in 2019 (multiple new content every month!) and CG should just stick to the same schedule of content release as 2019

I dont find this post to be particularly clear.

You state that if they effectively said the opposite then it would count as ignoring, i pointed out when i thought was a good example of them ignoring the users.
    You then seemed to seperate relics and content.
    I tried to clarify as relics being content. Not content i personally wanted so soon after g13 but they were interesting.

Now you seem to be posing last years events v strangely, all i can say about that is that people dislike content like GAC because the rewards are inferior to the GA it replaced which started the year prior.
    Lots can be said about the TBs being designed in a lazy way, but their unique special missions are undeniably interesting.
  • It doesn't take long - maybe an hour or two - to type up a summary of where CG is on concerns currently expressed on the forum. CG has a full-time employee that is supposed to manage communications with the community - which is to say, CG's customers. If you're paying that person for 40 hours of work, spending 1-2 per week putting up a post on Friday mornings (or end of day Monday) isn't much. Then there could be something that takes maybe a half-hour, maybe less, that follows up in the case of some misunderstanding or other need for quicker feedback than waiting a week.

Now, obviously the community manager also has to spend time speaking to other people at CG or they would have no info to report, so some of that work isn't going to be visible to the community, but organizing some devs to show up for a Q&A doesn't take a month of effort. Also, they have forum mods here that read a lot of the content present, so the paid employees at CG don't have to read all day just to catch up with the issues: things are sorted and important threads or comments are already brought to their attention by mods (as evidenced by, e.g., Kyno stating he will ask people at CG about something or other).

And it might be that if they try this once-a-week comment on the forum, not a big thing, just "we've heard you on X" or "no update yet on y" or "that's going to require dev input from someone who's currently on vacation, so you won't hear anything until date z", that it won't even require as much time as I've suggested once they're in the rhythm of it.

Seriously. This forum was created for customers to provide feedback to CG and for CG to get info out to customers. Most of the chat here doesn't need any input from CG. Even if someone hates the GA$ art, that doesn't require a CG response. People are always suggesting new toons or asking for strategy advice and the other players will chime in (usually helpfully) and there's no need to address any of that either.

Once a week providing a couple sentences each on a few ongoing concerns would go a long way to alleviate a lot of community frustration and distrust. Maybe that same comment could even include a link to the dev tracker and a standard copy/paste statement that they don't comment on the status of bug fixes because that's what the dev tracker already does. That would make it easier for newbies to find the dev tracker and the info they're looking for since most people showing up here wouldn't have any idea that it exists or where to find it. And after you write the link for the first of those weekly updates, you don't even have to write that bit ever again - it takes all of 12 seconds to find the last weekly update and cut and paste, and they're probably going to want to have the last weekly update in front of them anyway just to make sure that they don't forget to provide an update on anything that's important but unfinished.

Really, it's a couple hours work the first couple times, and after that it's hard to see how it takes even an hour. Why can't we have something like that?

I really enjoyed reading this excellent summary and accept my appreciation for it. I think you grasped the point very well and you see very clearly the root of our main problem. Moreover here is the solution as well so all they have to do is reading this thread, especially this post. Thank you Master! :)
  • Where are you seeing actual Q+A answers? I read through the whole thing and all I saw was one guy thanking someone for saying the hoped they had a good holiday.

But they have good new artwork..

have you seen resistance hero finn?
  • @Slayvoff
    have you seen resistance hero finn?

Well, a lot of people liked Erté.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Most of these can be answered by the dev tracker which is constantly updated, doesn't have all but some probably aren't properly formulated yet.

The last update on that thing was on December 19th. That's a month ago. And yes they all had a fun Christmas (OH WAIT!? They dont celebrate Christmas, my bad, "Holiday Break") break like back in college, but let's see an update two weeks into the new year, is that too much to ask?

Pretty much everything on the dev tracker has an update day of January 8th

You are correct, was looking at scheduled update portion...
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Most of these can be answered by the dev tracker which is constantly updated, doesn't have all but some probably aren't properly formulated yet.

The last update on that thing was on December 19th. That's a month ago. And yes they all had a fun Christmas (OH WAIT!? They dont celebrate Christmas, my bad, "Holiday Break") break like back in college, but let's see an update two weeks into the new year, is that too much to ask?

OK, but what the dev tracker contains? Nothing about the problems of the past weeks.
  • Olderaan wrote: »

OK, but what the dev tracker contains? Nothing about the problems of the past weeks.

I am curious, what problems from the last few weeks are missing? The most recent complaint I can think of from threads here is the inability to use Malevolance in TB, which is included
    88uoqidca1ow.png
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    What problems from the last few weeks are missing?
    Eg.
    - Lag issues: many players have stated
    - GP numbers anomaly: the GP on the invertory screen is not matched with the numbers on other screens eg. profile.
    - GAC and TW matchmaking with incorrect GP numbers? This could be big problem.
    - GAC join without warning to lock your roster, and no leave option.
    There are nothing about these in the dev tracker.
    Eg.
    - GP numbers anomaly: the GP on the invertory screen is not matched with the numbers on other screens eg. profile.

The only one I would consider missing is the lag.

The GP numbers have never matched between inventory and Profile, as profile records your highest ever GP by design. It would be nice if they reset that since it was inflated due to a bug, but it doesn't matter if the profile numbers are not used by any game functions (which I do not believe they are confirmed to).

See above, but I believe that GAC/TW match on your currently live GP, not the number in your profile. Its only a hypothetical problem that people are making up based on assumptions.

They announced the changes to GAC join, so they expect players to read announcements and act accordingly. What you are describing is more of a QOL change, which I agree is needed, but is not a bug. Until evidence shows otherwise, roster lock seems to be working properly.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • They are very good at fixing problems if they want. I remember the time when a bug appeared they solved it immediately.
    I don't know... maybe the code is too big and sensitive now so too difficult to manage it.
  • It doesn't take long - maybe an hour or two - to type up a summary of where CG is on concerns currently expressed on the forum. CG has a full-time employee that is supposed to manage communications with the community - which is to say, CG's customers. If you're paying that person for 40 hours of work, spending 1-2 per week putting up a post on Friday mornings (or end of day Monday) isn't much. Then there could be something that takes maybe a half-hour, maybe less, that follows up in the case of some misunderstanding or other need for quicker feedback than waiting a week.

Now, obviously the community manager also has to spend time speaking to other people at CG or they would have no info to report, so some of that work isn't going to be visible to the community, but organizing some devs to show up for a Q&A doesn't take a month of effort. Also, they have forum mods here that read a lot of the content present, so the paid employees at CG don't have to read all day just to catch up with the issues: things are sorted and important threads or comments are already brought to their attention by mods (as evidenced by, e.g., Kyno stating he will ask people at CG about something or other).

And it might be that if they try this once-a-week comment on the forum, not a big thing, just "we've heard you on X" or "no update yet on y" or "that's going to require dev input from someone who's currently on vacation, so you won't hear anything until date z", that it won't even require as much time as I've suggested once they're in the rhythm of it.

Seriously. This forum was created for customers to provide feedback to CG and for CG to get info out to customers. Most of the chat here doesn't need any input from CG. Even if someone hates the GA$ art, that doesn't require a CG response. People are always suggesting new toons or asking for strategy advice and the other players will chime in (usually helpfully) and there's no need to address any of that either.

Once a week providing a couple sentences each on a few ongoing concerns would go a long way to alleviate a lot of community frustration and distrust. Maybe that same comment could even include a link to the dev tracker and a standard copy/paste statement that they don't comment on the status of bug fixes because that's what the dev tracker already does. That would make it easier for newbies to find the dev tracker and the info they're looking for since most people showing up here wouldn't have any idea that it exists or where to find it. And after you write the link for the first of those weekly updates, you don't even have to write that bit ever again - it takes all of 12 seconds to find the last weekly update and cut and paste, and they're probably going to want to have the last weekly update in front of them anyway just to make sure that they don't forget to provide an update on anything that's important but unfinished.

Really, it's a couple hours work the first couple times, and after that it's hard to see how it takes even an hour. Why can't we have something like that?

This should be reposted and stickied to the top of this forum, reddit, twitter, wherever... until we know CG or the community manager has read it. It is spot on with pretty much the entire communities overall needs from the devs. It's really not that much of an ask. Seeing how lucrative this game is for their company, we most definitely deserve it. I know they receive a lot of criticism online and are probably tired of it, but too bad. There is obviously a disconnect that could easily be rectified here. You would think that these humans would have some integrity towards their work and not just ignore what is blatantly the issue at hand. Communication.
  • Since GoH has been so boring lately, I've been checking out other games- in the few weeks I played a certain game I won't mention, they released an auto chess mode, an auto-chess-style tower defense game, several new characters that you can buy for $10 and immediately play at top levels (no months of grinding shards and gear), actually significant compensation for bugs and updates, major regional tournaments, while somehow supporting low lag 5v5 live multiplayer games.

Makes me wonder exactly what CG is spending all their money on, because it's certainly not going to developers or community managers.
    They are very good at fixing problems if they want. I remember the time when a bug appeared they solved it immediately.
    I don't know... maybe the code is too big and sensitive now so too difficult to manage it.

The only "bugs" that get fixed in this game is when they release a toon, players whale and then nerf their kit because " it has unintented interactions "...... CG is a joke. They have a monopoly on a loved franchise and hose us all. If this game wasn't SW based, it would have died by year 1.
  • @Amoliski
    Makes me wonder exactly what CG is spending all their money on, because it's certainly not going to developers or community managers.

From More Geek Than (Fortran), a parody of No Sleep Til (Brooklyn):
    This update is shaky
    Programmers are nuts
    Cuz they’re drinking free caffeine with no healthcare until they bust

never-ending overtime
    you code around the clock
    you won’t make it seven years
    til YOU run amok

Devs are burning through programmers like they’re running out of style
    CEOs are getting paid
    So it’s worth THEIR while

For amusement only, I don't actually have any knowledge of who gets what money at CG.

• I just play MSF as Swgoh has become a snooze fest and log in to do my dailies and that’s it
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Was really hoping for something today, but was let down yet again.

Literally every day.... then on special occasions:

3medkw.jpg
    Eg.

The only one I would consider missing is the lag.

The GP numbers have never matched between inventory and Profile, as profile records your highest ever GP by design. It would be nice if they reset that since it was inflated due to a bug, but it doesn't matter if the profile numbers are not used by any game functions (which I do not believe they are confirmed to).

See above, but I believe that GAC/TW match on your currently live GP, not the number in your profile. Its only a hypothetical problem that people are making up based on assumptions.

They announced the changes to GAC join, so they expect players to read announcements and act accordingly. What you are describing is more of a QOL change, which I agree is needed, but is not a bug. Until evidence shows otherwise, roster lock seems to be working properly.

Didn't they announce it AFTER it had started? When people complained it wasn't working correctly for GAC?

Also, the sound is still messed up.

5's is still bugged.

To add a few more items.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Also they just did a Q&A and new characters are obviously still coming as well as new content (hopefully not reskinned)
    The game is okay, calm down.

Having said all that, the number of bugs is ridiculous in the game at the moment, there isn't enough being done imo

You can't count the Q&A. A lot of words were used with very little actually being said.

"We're thinking about it...."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

They say a lot. They do little. I do find it ironic that the forums are constantly asking them to say more. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

They say a lot. They do little. I do find it ironic that the forums are constantly asking them to say more. :D

Yes, it's really ironic and funny at the same time.
    This communication should work somehow like this:
    1. Communication of issues: Problem appears -> Immediate announcement -> Promise a near future fix -> Fix it.
    2. Communication of new content: Planning something -> Ask the community the idea -> Collect datas -> Working on or cancel the plan -> If working: announce the progress / fine tunning with the community (the customers!) what they want.
    This very complex game needs continuously communicating. But we get what we get, and therefor this is the main reason of the frustration.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Why would they ask the community about their ideas when the community hates all their ideas?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why would they ask the community about their ideas when the community hates all their ideas?

The community as a whole doesn’t hate all of their ideas. Only sith speak in absolutes!