I still want my dream team.

Raptus
64 posts Member
edited January 2020
That are within my username. Maybe, just maybe since certain Old Republic, "sith" characters were brought into the actual canon in the last film there's a sliver of hope.. I mean after doing Revan, there's not much else they can do in terms of full blown dark-side teams unless they do 2 by 2's then manage to call it a team and the Dread Masters are a team that's just sitting there and they made Revan before the movie brought him into actual Disney-Approved Canon.
Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.

Replies

• None of the in game toons have to be Canon.
    They're v seperate
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wait, since when is Revan Disney-approved canon?
  • Nauros wrote: »

One of the legions of sith troopers in ep 9 is referred to as the fifth revan legion....
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

One of the legions of sith troopers in ep 9 is referred to as the fifth revan legion....

Nice, I didn't catch that. Come to think of it, there was also some item connected to him in R1, wasn't there? Although it still doesn't make Revan as we know him really canon, since it provides no information except the name.
  • Raptus
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2020

Nice, I didn't catch that. Come to think of it, there was also some item connected to him in R1, wasn't there? Although it still doesn't make Revan as we know him really canon, since it provides no information except the name.

Everything I've heard points to next series of films being OR. I'm assuming it's why they officially made some of the actual canon.

I know this game never needed that; but this is Star Wars and there's only so much you can do after the characters already in the game. I mean where do you go after you create the "Galactic Legends"? Recycle the other squads to legend status? That'd bore and make most of the players angry.

To beef up the game you'd need more not-technically canon squads, which would mean digging deeper into books and games.

Hence my dreadmasters, the next DS and fully synergetic freebie team that's just sitting there with an already written and well-crafted backstory.

It makes his name Canon though; what Disney does with the story already written is something else.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Raptus wrote: »

It makes his name Canon though; what Disney does with the story already written is something else.

I hope nothing. At all.
    They have already taken Thrawn and turned him into an imb... someone very not clever... to fit into a cartoon for little kids. I hope they will never touch Revan...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Everything I've heard points to next series of films being OR. I'm assuming it's why they officially made some of the actual canon.

I have heard otherwise. There's a rumor that the next series of films and other media, Project Luminous, is set around 400 years before the Skywalker saga in the Unknown Regions, so not really OR. Of course, Revan and other OR-era characters could recieve the Thrawn treatment and still appear.
  • A new game mode would be nice.. Something where you get minimal rewards but lots of gameplay... Like a GW tournament but PVE
  • Ratinira wrote: »

I hope nothing. At all.
    They have already taken Thrawn and turned him into an imb... someone very not clever... to fit into a cartoon for little kids. I hope they will never touch Revan...

I have been doing some thinking on this. I just finished the new Thrawn books and according to Zahn, Thrawn and Ezra survive the ending in Rebels. I kinda have a theory I am thinking about. Just don't know how much to say online so I don't get chastised for spoilers.

He also "makes an appearance" in TLJ. Luke apparently has something of Revans.

"One of the more interesting items featured in Luke’s hut on Ahch-To is the “Recovered Jedi Crusader Pendant,” that Hidalgo calls a “captured trophy,” adding, “It’s just an interesting prop to suggest that [Luke’s] been out in the galaxy collecting clues and doing research on the history of the Jedi.”

I'm under the impression that THE Jedi Crusader was Revan... so...

There's also another post about Revan being conon. Go check it out.