Credit Heist

When will the credit heist get a new tier or offer more credits. It takes an awful long time to earn credits to level up high end gear and a credit heist or even a a lot/lottery system would be cool. It’s in game money that would be used to there are no gambling laws being broken.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Never. Credits are only an issue in early game.
  • It gives a lot already
  • There are not so many new characters in game. So if you are at 85 for years there are not many options how to spend credits. Mods, mostly. And if you dont buy all mods you see it easy to have millions of credits
  • BigPoppaBangs
    152 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I respectfully disagree ... I'm over 5mil gp and I never have enough credits. Always seem to be mods to buy

Edit: fix spelling mistake
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Why not ask for more crystals instead. Then you can buy everything you need even more currency.
  • While not 100% on topic, something I would like to see in this game eventually is this question I asked the devs.....

We have had a credit heist for a long time now. It's great. Will we ever have a ship credit heist? Instead of using toons, we could use ships. Even a seldom used faction would be great as it would encourage people to upgrade their ships (which generally means upgrading the ship's pilots as well).
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

I respectfully disagree ... I'm over 5mil gp and I never have enough credits. Always seem to be mods to buy

You might reconsider some of the mods you are buying, then.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    (...)
    (...) Even a seldom used faction would be great as it would encourage people to upgrade their ships (which generally means upgrading the ship's pilots as well).

Nice idea, but I don't like to upgrade useless characters only to have better ships

You are correct in feeling this way (and I understand the feeling, trust me), but given the track record of only doing things that bring in money, this would be a way of getting what "we" want, a ship credit heist by the devs getting what they want, "us" spending resources (ie money). (and by "we" & "us", I just mean the players who want a ship heist)
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited January 2020

You need to be more selective then. Maybe buying every gold mod in the store isnt the most efficient use of credits.

I have 125m credits and buy 2 to 3 a week from the store and my credits never really go down...
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

You need to be more selective then. Maybe buying every gold mod in the store isnt the most efficient use of credits.

I have 125m credits and buy 2 to 3 a week from the store and my credits never really go down...

I rarely buy the gold ones.... You get better value out of buying a blue or purple with good speed and hoping it how during the next upgrade or two....

305 million credits here....
  • DarthKelin wrote: »
    When will the credit heist get a new tier or offer more credits. It takes an awful long time to earn credits to level up high end gear and a credit heist or even a a lot/lottery system would be cool. It’s in game money that would be used to there are no gambling laws being broken.

It slows down. I havent had less than 20mil in more than a year.
    Ship credits though. Run low often
  • What in the world are y'all trying to accomplish with this braggadocio about your credit stash? Looking to get the credit economy retuned? Now hush, credit heist is good where it is.
  • I haven't farmed mods or bought any for a month-ish and have focused 100% on mod battle farming and slicing mods with speed rolls.

The process? Very enjoyable. Has really helped me focus my mod collection and put the best use to the ones I have. Credits are bringing toons to 85 that I need it for, starring, and the upgrading of a mod when I I get good initial rolls.
  • What in the world are y'all trying to accomplish with this braggadocio about your credit stash? Looking to get the credit economy retuned? Now hush, credit heist is good where it is.

The OP is looking to "get the credit economy retuned." The people "bragging" about their credit stash are pointing out that it's not necessary and implying the "credit heist is good where it is", much like you believe. Me personally, I'm stashing credits in case the level cap is ever increased.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • I haven't farmed mods or bought any for a month-ish and have focused 100% on mod battle farming and slicing mods with speed rolls.

The process? Very enjoyable. Has really helped me focus my mod collection and put the best use to the ones I have. Credits are bringing toons to 85 that I need it for, starring, and the upgrading of a mod when I I get good initial rolls.

Not farming or buying mods is a great way to not get any mods.
    Nothing prevents you from focusing on the mods you have while still farming new mods which should be done every day.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • @BigPoppaBangs

Pretty much. I'm at 5m and while I maintain a stash of credits There are at least 2 good mods in the mod shop each day, 4 or 5 if you count the left-hand mods which I never buy (because I get so many when I'm trying to farm the right-side mods). If I wanted to buy all of them, it would be 5 x 3.2M/day (average between 2.5 and 3.9) = 16M credits per day, and that's not counting leveling them or doing anything else with credits.

So, sure, I never have "enough" credits to buy everything I would love to buy, but it's also true that I'm never stuck waiting to level up a toon because I can't scrape 6M together. Unless I just did blow through my stash to level a toon or meet some other immediate goal, I always have 10m or so in the bank. And my stash never gets below 1M, which means if I can avoid spending credits it will be back to 5M in just 5 days (800k/day).

So yeah. Always wanting credits, but never actually stopped from playing the game b/c of credits.