The Fleet Arena Shard with a serious competitive DISadvantage

Prev1
niko4
14 posts Member
edited January 15
I am in part of the fleet shard that was migrated/split over a year ago due to over-population issues (You can learn more here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/169822/ship-shard-migration-status-update-5-17-18). The shard at issue was simply split in half and remained extremely competitive. With the recent changes to ships, I have been much more excited about developing teams but still hold back because the cost and effort to compete in this shard is way too high. To put it in perspective, I did a quick snapshot of the top 50 in my shard tonight and came up with the following stats:
My Top 50 Fleet Arena Stats:
**The most obvious stat to show the crazy competitiveness would be the average fleet arena wins logged
Average fleet wins for the top 50: OVER 5,500!!
1) Average total GP: Over 5.8M
Almost 10 people have over 6.5M
2) Negotiator Count:
About 40 people are already at 7* and have been for awhile
There's about 5 of them at 6* (None at 5*)
Majority of them have GK at Relic 7
3) Non-Negotiator Teams
There's about 5 Rebel teams with Ackbar AND Bistan's ship crew at Relic 4+ :D
4) GAS: (Just trying to show the type of people in this group)
A large majority of the 50 have GAS unlocked with approximately 15+ with GAS Relic 7
5) I'm currently hanging out in low 300s and most people around me have over 5M GP and 5-6* Negotiator with G13 Relic GK. Just showing that there are plenty of good comps even down here.

I'm bringing these stats up because I would like to see if any other fleet arena shard is anything close to that because I doubt it. As a recruiter and guild officer, I have reviewed hundreds of rosters and most of them easily make it to the top 100, but wouldn't stand a chance at that in my shard. The saddest part when comparing someone's roster is the amount of fleet wins they logged compared to mine (I have over 3400 fleet wins). The amount of effort I put in for way less rewards is depressing.
In summation, my fleet shard has continued to create a serious disadvantage considering the amount of potential zeta materials from fleet arena tokens and crystals lost had we been placed in a more normal shard when ships were originally released over 3 years ago. It is time to address this once again and another simple split would not do us justice. Thank you for your consideration.
Post edited by niko4 on

Replies

  • What would be your suggestion for a fix?
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Your fleet shard seems to be slightly weaker than mine. I don't consider mine to be extreme. Yours may have been extreme before the split, but what you list is not extreme.

    1) and 4) are irrelevant for the subject.
    2) and 3) are slightly weaker than my shard. My shard has 0 (zero) rebel fleets in top-50. They are all Negotiator/Malevolence. 43 of them are at 7*. When climbing I see that none-R7 fleet commanders are VERY rare (almost nonexistant).
    5) You only have yourself to blame.

    I also have an alt on a much younger fleet shard (late 2017) which is considerably weaker, but you can't really compare the two.
  • niko4
    14 posts Member
    edited January 15
    I guess I forgot the most important stat - fleet wins. I updated the original post** and realized it's even crazier than I originally thought! Someone has almost 9k fleet wins!! That's like 10 wins per day since it opened!

    As for solutions, I don't really know what options are feasible but they could split it into 2-3 new shards or take groups of 2-4 people from mine and split them into existing shards... just to name a couple options.
    Post edited by niko4 on
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    Your shard may (or may not - didn't check thoroughly) be more active than mine, but you have an advantage on your shard. The top-50 fleets on your shard appear to be weaker than the top-50 on my shard. I'm sure you could enter top-50 if you have a 7* Negotiator fleet with a few Reliced pilots of your own.
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    niko4 wrote: »
    5) I'm currently hanging out in low 300s and most people around me have over 5M GP and 5-6* Negotiator with G13 Relic GK. Just showing that there are plenty of good comps even down here.

    [...]

    The amount of effort I put in for way less rewards is depressing.
    In summation, my fleet shard has continued to create a serious disadvantage considering the amount of potential zeta materials from fleet arena tokens and crystals lost had we been placed in a more normal shard when ships were originally released over 3 years ago.

    If you rank among 5*-6* Negotiator fleets on your shard, I doubt you would be in top-20 on my shard and certainly not in top-5 where the big fleet arena token rewards are won. No, I don't consider my shard to be extreme. I believe you exaggerate how much you would benefit from being on a "more normal" day 1 fleet shard.

  • niko4
    14 posts Member
    edited January 16
    All I'm saying is that most people who are sitting in the top 50 in their shard would find it incredibly difficult to maintain that in my shard.

    #1 & 4 are relevant to show the competitiveness and strength of people in my shard. It doesn't look like you have GAS and are only sit at under 5.1M so comparing your roster you would be ranked near the bottom of my top 50 and yet you comfortably sit in top 50 regularly with little effort (under 1900 wins for you)

    Don't dismiss Ackbar as it's still a great fleet when you have bistan and a lot of beefy toons. I only laugh because of the people in my shard have relic bistan crew which is just crazy to me

    And as far as my rank, I don't bother to be competitive as I mentioned because it's crazy up there. However, if you dropped to 300 in your shard, I'd love to see if anyone is close to what I see at those ranks.

    "Didn't check thoroughly" - maybe you should before you jump to conclusions.
  • Woodroward
    3735 posts Member
    edited January 16
    No there was precisely 1 shard that was formed day 1 of ships that was ridiculously overcompetitive.

    The gp/ship stats of the people in the shard are meaningless. Of course they are all going to be super high because it is a day one shard. Some other shards may have more advanced ships in their rankings than this one shard but what they don't have is 5000 people nuts about ships.

    This one/2 shards have 2500 people all nuts about fleet. Those 2 shards literally have more fights in a day than most do in 2 weeks. This is why CG/EA split the shard. It came to the devs attention how sickly overcompetitive this one shard was through their own tools. It's not the OP's whiny why me wrongness (like people usually assume in these situations), it's the truth.

    You naysayers don't know what you are talking about, but it is also the OP's fault for bringing up irrelevant stats. The number of ship battles is the important part here.
  • Vertigo
    4478 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    You naysayers don't know what you are talking about, but it is also the OP's fault for bringing up irrelevant stats. The number of ship battles is the important part here.

    The main issue is that the OP is only talking about his top 50. I'm in another day 1 fleet shard that is definitely one of the more competitive ones, but the competition only gets driven down so far. Our top 50 is pretty much equivalent to that of the split up mega shards, however our 50-100 range is likely significantly weaker. I have a guildmate in one of the split shards who also has a 7* GK at relic 7 (with r5-7 pilots all the way through) who struggles to maintain the top 100. The fact of the matter is that the mega shard that was split has the top 50's competitiveness all the way down through the top 200, maybe more, whereas most of other shards (like mine) where it's still stiff competition in the top 50, the competition is much weaker by the time you're out of the top 100.
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    niko4 wrote: »
    All I'm saying is that most people who are sitting in the top 50 in their shard would find it incredibly difficult to maintain that in my shard.

    #1 & 4 are relevant to show the competitiveness and strength of people in my shard.

    I disagree. It's one of many day 1 fleet shards. Total GP and amount of non-pilot journey characters is irrelevant for the fleet shard.
    It doesn't look like you have GAS and are only sit at under 5.1M so comparing your roster you would be ranked near the bottom of my top 50 and yet you comfortably sit in top 50 regularly with little effort (under 1900 wins for you)

    As I also replied to you, when you contacted me in a PM:

    Stop making your false assumptions based on those stats. Continuing makes you look silly.
    Don't dismiss Ackbar as it's still a great fleet when you have bistan and a lot of beefy toons. I only laugh because of the people in my shard have relic bistan crew which is just crazy to me

    What's your point?
    And as far as my rank, I don't bother to be competitive as I mentioned because it's crazy up there. However, if you dropped to 300 in your shard, I'd love to see if anyone is close to what I see at those ranks.

    How are 5* and 6* Negotiators at rank 300 relevant?
    "Didn't check thoroughly" - maybe you should before you jump to conclusions.

    Not going to happen. And how would you even do that? Without making false assumptions like you have a tendency to do?

    My point is that disregarding whether your shard or mine is more active, based on the data you provided it appears that the top-50 fleets on my shard are stronger in general than the top-50 fleets of your shard.
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Woodroward wrote: »
    You naysayers don't know what you are talking about, but it is also the OP's fault for bringing up irrelevant stats. The number of ship battles is the important part here.

    A. That stat wasn't there originally - only the irrelevant stats. Fleet battles was added later after OP contacted me in a PM.
    B. My 1900 wins is far below average of the top 50 of my shard. OP knows that from our PM, yet he keeps making false assumptions based on that stat.
    C. I never claimed his shard isn't very active. Don't assume I did. I know of that shard that was split.
    D. I'm not so sure, that OP is all that crazy about ships, if he's sitting at rank 300 among 5*-6* Negotiator, where's his 7* Negotiator with key pilots at R7 and others close behind?


  • I am in the same fleet shard that was split. It is overbearingly ridiculous. Everyone in the top 100 has relic 7 on every Galactic republic pilot. I spend 300 Crystal's a day to stay in the top 50. They need to split these shards again in my opinion.
  • I am in the same fleet shard that was split. It is overbearingly ridiculous. Everyone in the top 100 has relic 7 on every Galactic republic pilot. I spend 300 Crystal's a day to stay in the top 50. They need to split these shards again in my opinion.

    You spend 300 crystals to earn 50 crystals?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    I am in the same fleet shard that was split. It is overbearingly ridiculous. Everyone in the top 100 has relic 7 on every Galactic republic pilot.

    Ok. But you're apparently not in OP's shard. His half appears to have weaker fleets than yours.
  • I am in one of those or tbh your name sounds familiar.. so maybe it is the same one shard.

    We were split, it helped, but yes the problem is still there. I see others in my guild taking top spots in different shards that would be the dregs of ours.

    Sadly the only remedy is improve but it's an up hill swim.
  • cannonfodder_iv
    962 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Day one fleet shard? Honestly, who cares when it comes to number of wins? Fleets released in November 22, 2016. I started in Jan 2017 and it takes three weeks to get to level 60 to unlock fleet (with three refreshes per day). That's about a 60 day difference in fleet duration between a "launch" shard and mine, or 300-ish victories at the 5 victory per day clip those top 50 fleets are running at.

    For comparison, it's a far cry from the guy sitting at 411 victories in 40th place on my shard.

    OP, I hear you. You are at a profound disadvantage with respect to zeta and crystal income for the effort you have to put in compared to the many of us.

    I took about two months off in three different fleet shards, didn't drop out of the top 50 in any of them, and I think the only reason I dropped out of the top 20 was because I did it when Negotiator came around.

    Edit: updated level and timeline for fleet unlock.
    Post edited by cannonfodder_iv on
  • tl;dr crazy shard, thanks for the splitting, do each one again?

    I too am in that same split shard.

    There are people who have started before I did that have much better/fair? fleet shards.

    Ill assume I got into this shard for having a high squad arena power on launch of the fleet arena??? Or just terrible RnG. Not sure how this was all grouped up.

    Before the split could make 75 or so (then you swim with whales) to drop to 300 over an hour or two and restart the climb anywhere between 500-1000, So the investment required to stay 50+ wasn't worth the rewards.

    Sure the split helped but probably should have maybe been split into 4 not 2..

    Not to mention nothing was given in compensation for this, ~100 zeta mats lost alone difference or so during this time frame. But uhh, least they split the shard.

    Currently 7* negotiators with some r7 crew go way back to the 150's as far as I can tell.

    Before someone says I let it happen. I did not neglect my ships, but stopped prioritizing maxing them out as no fleet income was in sight. investing in say Bistain's crew would have been to me, a negative on my roster as a whole with nothing to show for it, simpy due to the fact I would drop as fast as I would climb.

    Currently starting my climb at 155, yesterday at payout I was 28.
  • Day one fleet shard? Honestly, who cares when it comes to number of wins? Fleets released in November 22, 2016. I started in Jan 2017 and it takes three weeks to get to level 60 to unlock fleet (with three refreshes per day). That's about a 60 day difference in fleet duration between a "launch" shard and mine, or 300-ish victories at the 5 victory per day clip those top 50 fleets are running at.

    For comparison, it's a far cry from the guy sitting at 411 victories in 40th place on my shard.

    OP, I hear you. You are at a profound disadvantage with respect to zeta and crystal income for the effort you have to put in compared to the many of us.

    I took about two months off in three different fleet shards, didn't drop out of the top 50 in any of them, and I think the only reason I dropped out of the top 20 was because I did it when Negotiator came around.

    Edit: updated level and timeline for fleet unlock.

    The number of wins shows that these people have bought loads of refreshes to do their fleet battles. There were several day 1 fleet shards, but the one that filled up first was super super competitive.

  • @Woodroward Yes. And also that they've needed that many wins to break the top 50 of a fleet shard. In comparison, the top 50 of my shard, which is only about 60 days older by comparison, is littered with fleets with under 1000 total victories. IMHO, the players in those hyper-competitive shards are at a profound disadvantage and I have a lot of sympathy for them.

  • I was thinking about doing a deeper dive into the stats of my shard so what do you all think I should look at? The top 50, 100, 200 at any time? How many people make top 50 in a day? And what stats- fleet wins only? fleet GP, total GP? I feel like GP in some way is notable because it's not just that my group likes fleets, we are all super competitive strong players overall and there's a ton of us. I'm guessing most of the top 200 are over 5M GP. In addition, about 20 of my top 50 are in a top 20 guild. For instance, I have 3 people from Team Instinct in the top 50... I'll gather some profiles from my group and can look up info once I get some more feedback. Thanks!
  • 5.500 fleet battles won is average in my shard too, there are around 10 with over 7.000. On the other hand one only has 1.700 but is in top 50. Most of the time there are around 45 7* Negotiators, rest is 6* or a Malevolence here and there.

    I'm sitting somewhere in the 100-200 bracket with one battle per day, waiting for the last 50 shards for my own Malevolence and farming Hyena Bomber. Overall it feels pretty normal to me.
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • niko4
    14 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Do you mind sharing your top 50 with me so I could take a look to compare? I have a feeling I might need to look outside the top 50 but that becomes difficult to compare with others unless they do the same amount of work
  • How exactly you want me to do that? Making a lot of screenshots? Writing down their swgoh.gg profiles? This would be a lot of work for sure.
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • I thought you might have already done a lot of work by calculating the 5500 fleet wins average so sending some screenshots wouldn't be a big deal but up to you if you don't want to share.
  • niko4
    14 posts Member
    Just wanted to throw this out there to show the type of players in my fleet arena shard - there are 10 people in my top 50 that have both GLs (geared and zetad). It hasn't even been two months since release. This is not a normal fleet arena . . .
  • Rath_Tarr
    3047 posts Member
    niko4 wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw this out there to show the type of players in my fleet arena shard - there are 10 people in my top 50 that have both GLs (geared and zetad). It hasn't even been two months since release. This is not a normal fleet arena . . .
    Unless CG suddenly decides to strap wings and proton torpedoes to Rey and Kylo, those GLs make absolutely no difference to your fleet shard.
  • Damodamo
    1043 posts Member
    edited May 22
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Unless CG suddenly decides to strap wings and proton torpedoes to Rey and Kylo, those GLs make absolutely no difference to your fleet shard.

    This wins today’s post competition @Rath_Tarr i applaud you sir..made me lol for real.


    Although I wish someone would strap wings to this shard and make it explode on a moon somewhere, it just goes on and on and on..
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    niko4 wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw this out there to show the type of players in my fleet arena shard - there are 10 people in my top 50 that have both GLs (geared and zetad). It hasn't even been two months since release. This is not a normal fleet arena . . .

    As already stated back in january your fleet shard is weaker than mine. Mine isn't anything extreme. Build your fleet and get over it.

    Yes, there are players in your shard with 2 GLs but there are also players like yourself who don't focus much on ships and develop their fleets very slowly and shouldn't expect to rank high - yet they still expect to do so and come here to complain.
  • Gifafi
    4019 posts Member
    10 fleets that aren’t 7*? Mbn, how do I get split into your fleet arena?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • niko4
    14 posts Member
    @Rath_Tarr HAHA! Love that idea. Maybe that's what they've been working on. The point was I bet my fleet arena spends more than yours :)

    @Gifafi Sorry the original post is pretty old so those stats are out-dated. All 7* Kenobis and has been for awhile

    And welcome back @Waqui - glad you have time to bring back your criticism with your hunches. If you recall from above, l had a few others from my shard or the other half agree with me. Sadly, Ravenclaws has left the game since. I also see you have still been enjoying top 50 (for the most part) in your arena with your R4 Ani and G12 Fives . . . Oh and with only 2200 fleet wins. . . Bring some hard facts next time if you think yours is stronger. Here's a quick update on my top 50 as of today - Every Kenobi team has R7 Ani and relic Fives. Approx. 6200 fleet wins.

    I'm only posting this to get CGs attention due to the considerable amount of crystals and zetas our members have lost due to the crippling competition that is not normal compared to most other shards. If other fleet shards are close to mine, there is still too much of a disparity and some of those should probably be adjusted as well. As a guild recruiter and devoted player, I have seen tons of people in simple shards: they don't need to fight much, gear up a ton, and have a similar player profile to myself yet they can enjoy top 20 with ease. CG has already acknowledged the issue once so you could imagine what a problem it was before the migration. Obviously, they didn't do enough.
  • Waqui
    7131 posts Member
    niko4 wrote: »
    @Gifafi Sorry the original post is pretty old so those stats are out-dated. All 7* Kenobis and has been for awhile

    Yet, even back then in January there were other shards with stronger fleets in top-50 than on your shard according to your OP. Your shard is not extraordinary in that regard.
    niko4 wrote: »
    And welcome back @Waqui - glad you have time to bring back your criticism with your hunches. If you recall from above, l had a few others from my shard or the other half agree with me.

    If you recall from above, I had a few other posters agree with me.

    The other half? What other half? That one fleet arena shard was not split in 2 halves. Some players were moved and distributed to a number of other already existing shards.
    niko4 wrote: »
    Sadly, Ravenclaws has left the game since. I also see you have still been enjoying top 50 (for the most part) in your arena with your R4 Ani and G12 Fives . . . Oh and with only 2200 fleet wins. . . Bring some hard facts next time if you think yours is stronger. Here's a quick update on my top 50 as of today - Every Kenobi team has R7 Ani and relic Fives. Approx. 6200 fleet wins.

    A. I'm not the one complaining here - you are.
    B. If you recall from above my number of fleet arena wins is far below average in top-50 of my shard.
    C. None of the above changes the fact that you had a weak fleet back in january, yet complained about being unable to reach high ranks.
    D. Comparing total number of wins is misleading. You need to compare number of wins since the "split" of your shard if you want to describe the activity on your shard with others.
    niko4 wrote: »
    I'm only posting this to get CGs attention due to the considerable amount of crystals and zetas our members have lost due to the crippling competition that is not normal compared to most other shards.

    You didn't lose anything. You slacked big time building your fleet. Back in january you wouldn't have made it into top-50 on my shard either.
    niko4 wrote: »
    If other fleet shards are close to mine,...

    Some are.
    niko4 wrote: »
    there is still too much of a disparity and some of those should probably be adjusted as well.

    I disagree. That wouldn't be fair to the players in the shards that would receive players from my shard.
    niko4 wrote: »
    As a guild recruiter and devoted player, I have seen tons of people in simple shards: they don't need to fight much, gear up a ton, and have a similar player profile to myself yet they can enjoy top 20 with ease. CG has already acknowledged the issue once so you could imagine what a problem it was before the migration. Obviously, they didn't do enough.

    They brought your shard down to the level of other early shards, judged by your OP. Yes there are other easier shards, but yours is not extraordinary any more.
Sign In or Register to comment.