New Content

2Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Do the developers even care or want this game to die? The slow/lack of content since the film and new year is deafening

Why would people want to lose their jobs?

They know that they won't lose their jobs.

They've learned that they can coast by on the Star Wars license coupled with the hyperdrive bundle for new players and relics for old-timers. Medium-term, sustainable income with minimal effort required.

In the meantime, divert development resources to cash cow #2, i.e. the new game they announced is being developed.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Palanthian wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Do the developers even care or want this game to die? The slow/lack of content since the film and new year is deafening

Why would people want to lose their jobs?

They know that they won't lose their jobs.

They've learned that they can coast by on the Star Wars license coupled with the hyperdrive bundle for new players and relics for old-timers. Medium-term, sustainable income with minimal effort required.

In the meantime, divert development resources to cash cow #2, i.e. the new game they announced is being developed.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

"Do the developers even care or want this game to die?"

They certainly do not want it to die.

And the Q&A indicated way more content is coming this year than last. Time will tell of course.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Imagine if the Marvel game instead was producing Star Wars content and a direct competitor to this game. I’m absolutely sure this game would be dead already. The amount of content, modes, information released is far superior to what is done here from CG.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    Imagine if the Marvel game instead was producing Star Wars content and a direct competitor to this game. I’m absolutely sure this game would be dead already. The amount of content, modes, information released is far superior to what is done here from CG.

I play MSF, but side from tons of new characters I am not sure what content you are referring. Sure a new journey here and there. But that's just... what is the word everyone here says? Reskinned? Dont get me wrong, I like MSF, just dont see much by way of "new".
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Imagine if the Marvel game instead was producing Star Wars content and a direct competitor to this game. I’m absolutely sure this game would be dead already. The amount of content, modes, information released is far superior to what is done here from CG.

I play MSF, but side from tons of new characters I am not sure what content you are referring. Sure a new journey here and there. But that's just... what is the word everyone here says? Reskinned? Dont get me wrong, I like MSF, just dont see much by way of "new".

The grass is always greener on the other phone.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Cehmybro wrote: »
    I agree that more content needs to be added. Furthermore, and perhaps a bigger issue for me, is that our new content doesn't coincide with the release of new content into the Star Wars universe. Here we are almost a month after Rise of Skywalker and we don't have any of the 3 main characters. The Mandalorian was a huge success and we didn't even get the namesake of the show, or the cultural phenomenon associated with it. The new season of The Clone Wars comes out in a month and instead of moving towards new content for that we're moving away from it.

Mando is not out globally. We gotta wait for that before expecting content from it. RoS is also stuck in limbo because it seems they wanted to wait a month before dropping potential spoilers. People are busy, but after a month if you haven't seen it you just don't care enough is what I think they're assuming. Again, the clone wars is not out yet, and releasing toons from it would be messed up. Either A. you spoil stuff by giving the characters full kits (while the devs would have to have seen the etntire season to properly make kits) or B. make kits that don't truly represent the characters by the end of the season. Both sound like bad ideas.
  • They are cooling down to the point where this all becomes boring and people start leaving. I honestly, loved playing for a few hrs a day, now its down to a few hrs a week and Im not even finishing the daily events.

Why are they even putting "exp" count in the awards after 85. Its worth nothing.

Likewise- its annoying getting charcaters to gear X. You need 50 of everything. Getting them to gear XII is a nightmare. You need 50 of everything and its only possible to farm with like 25% chance of getting the parts, or buying it with loads of crystals.

• They announced General Poe lol
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Monel wrote: »

I do too. And I think that is what comprises a big part of this complaint. MSF seems to keep putting out characters at the very least.

Their Blitz mode is what we want over galactic war.

That mode of game play is superior to really anything we have.

I don't like one game over the other. I have more time invested in SWGOH.

But I have enjoyed my time playing MSF as a pretty much free to play player.

Whatever they have going in order to keep bringing fresh characters to the game, needs to be copied by SWGOH.

• Must be nice to take an entire month off and do nothing
  • And it's not like there is a shortage of characters to bring into the game.

I watch Star wars every time it's on TV even though I've seen them 1000 times. And every time I see the movies I see characters we could have.

It is NOT due to a shortage of characters to choose from that we don't get character releases often. There are a lot out there.... It's something else...what that is developing time, testing, talking to disney. Who knows... But MSF -- their parent owner is Disney too. So I don't buy that as an excuse.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I do too. And I think that is what comprises a big part of this complaint. MSF seems to keep putting out characters at the very least.

Whatever they have going in order to keep bringing fresh characters to the game, needs to be copied by SWGOH.

Cant wait for them add all the new characters you want and then come back and read the complaint posts about gear, omegas and zetas.

I dont want new characters, I just want challenging stuff to do. I am enjoying LSTB because it's not just an easy win and does require some thought and planning. Bring me more of it please. Love he ideas of adding new tiers to assault battles from last Q&A.

Cant wait for them add all the new characters you want and then come back and read the complaint posts about gear, omegas and zetas.

I dont want new characters, I just want challenging stuff to do. I am enjoying LSTB because it's not just an easy win and does require some thought and planning. Bring me more of it please. Love he ideas of adding new tiers to assault battles from last Q&A.

Well, that's you. I don't have an issue with zeta or omega - right now I have 80 zeta shards 170 omega... not an issue.

Give me the new characters.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Well, that's you. I don't have an issue with zeta or omega - right now I have 80 zeta shards 170 omega... not an issue.

Actually not me, I am perfectly fine with with zetas and omegas. And i dont hoard them either. Never understood not using them. But hey, that's me.
  • 63wm2dmx4kaa.jpg

Maybe our content is created somewhere else...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I've heard almost nothing but complaints about MSF.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It's just a reskin of swgoh. People that like it like Marvel.
  • TVF wrote: »

My guild tried it out, all quit including myself, when it first came out. I dumped it for a year and got back into it as a time killer once I sold my account in last shelter: survival.

SWGOH is easily the best of the 3 but the lack of gear crunch relief, broken content releases and their ridiculous refusal/inability to communicate with the community isn’t saying much.

Probably will dive back into Duel Links soon too, hopefully my deck isn’t too outdated haha
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    The Rise of Skywalker stuff has been poorly timed. But almost the entire 2019 was Clone Wars stuff, lol. So it would make no sense for even more Clone Wars stuff right now. As for The Mandalorian, that was pretty much expected....the character/content releases are mapped out many months in advance....they don't build plans around TV shows that haven't been released and nobody knows how they will be received and whether they will last more than one season. So there was zero chance anything was going to be planned out for The Mandalorian BEFORE the show was ever out. Rebels was into its 3rd season before we got anything from that show and they (wisely) never bothered with Resistance which is in its 2nd and final season right now. Odds are we'll get some Mandalorian rated stuff near in time to Season 2 which comes out this Fall.

I disagree. DRevan came out in March with Malak coming in April. Maybe for half of the year we got a few Clone Wars related items. What I do not understand is that if they were not going to release ROS content sooner then why not continue to provide Clone Wars content?

Recently that’s enough for...let me double check my math...
    One character.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

One character.

Yep, I thought I had a decent stockpile of zetas. Then I got GAS.
  • Nauros wrote: »

One character.

Yep, I thought I had a decent stockpile of zetas. Then I got GAS.

I full zeta'd him and all the clones. I'm on surplus...for now.

I have 3 marquee characters that will probably need them to do the legendary thing.

We know we got 1 more coming with Poe. Prolly 2 more after that.

And yeah, the new characters will be 4 min.

That will be 14 Zetas on the low side for all of them.

Yeeeee Haawww!!
  • My original point was regarding comparing the 2 games if both were Star Wars. Which would win out? I would say the Marvel game style over SWGOH. But since it’s a monopoly, we are stuck with CG.