Ads

Prev13
Terminex
37 posts Member
edited December 2015
I was just playing in the Galactic War, and received a full screen ad on the character screen. This ruins my experience. I will not play with ads. Other games make it without ads. I've spent hours a day completing every daily activity in this game. Please say it was a mistake.

Replies

• I've never seen a single ad, at all, not one in a whole month of playing 16 hours a day. Use a supported device instead of bluestacks.
  • Same here..no biggie for me
  • I apologise, I just had an ad pop up for another EA game. Must have added ad support when they added the Boba challenge which apparently still hasn't started even though it's the 23rd today.
  • What's with all the pop up ads for other EA games? C'mon EA. Charge $50-100 for character packs, then slap us with ads? There's your holiday spirit I suppose...
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Before...

Cheaters? Check!
    Overpriced? Check!
    Unbalanced? Check!
    Bugs? Check!
    Infinite Farm? Check!
    No Events? Check!
    Bad Support? Check!

And now...

Ads? Check!
  • Yeah... if they wanna put ads on anyone who hasnt bought at least 1 crystal pack... fine. Ads for in game events... fine. Ads for other games when I've already spent money on THIS game.

UNACCEPTABLE
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm hoping this is a mistake. Paying customers especially should NOT have to have their gameplay interrupted by ads, period, end of discussion.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I'd prefer not to have ads... it feels less like a starwars game and more like a marketing gimic...

C'mon... let's be honest.. there's NO game out there that I want to play when it's advertised on a starwars game.
  • Ads are a big mistake. I understand that it's a free game, but I have spent close to $200. With the amount that they charge for the packs they should be able to make enough without these adds. Or have them be optionally viewed for gems! Anything but this crap.
  • I dont Want to See those ads again. Especially als a paying customer
  • I saw this for the first time today. It was for Madden.
  • I've only had the ad for Madden on startup, which I don't mind. If people are getting it during gameplay, that's not good.
  • I may be different, but I would have preferred ads in exchange for cheaper add-ons like the overpriced bundles and crystals....
  • I wouldnt mind the ads as much if there was some cross promotion. Say spend 100000 madden coins for 1000 GOH crystals or something.
  • I for one, for the first time don't mind these ads. They occur in the main menu, maybe like once a day and it's only a reference to EA's other games.
  • I've been playing off and on all day and the only ads I've seen is one popup for the Boba Fett event and 1 popup for madden. Both take half a second to click the X and it was always in the main menu. It's not like you have to sit through 30 second ads every 10 minutes like other games. Why are you guys making such a big fuss?
  • I have about 1 ad pop up a day... it's really not that big a deal.
  • I get 1 ad that pops up on start up at the main menu, really not a big deal guys...
  • Screenshot_2015_12_23_17_15_20.jpg

I paid money. Do not show me this

If you want to show ads, give us crystals for them
  • I've been playing off and on all day and the only ads I've seen is one popup for the Boba Fett event and 1 popup for madden. Both take half a second to click the X and it was always in the main menu. It's not like you have to sit through 30 second ads every 10 minutes like other games. Why are you guys making such a big fuss?

The point is that they are making money off us when we already paid them

Would you like to see an ad while playing fallout 4, or some other game you BOUGHT

Save the ads for people who aren't buying crystals
  • What's there to complain about? It's Madden season! Rejoice! (Or else)
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • One ad is not a big deal. However this is EA, if no one says anything they will assume we are ok with ads and they will keep adding more.
  • I've never seen a single ad, at all, not one in a whole month of playing 16 hours a day. Use a supported device instead of bluestacks.

16 Hours a day?!!!1!
  • One little ad when you log on? You guys are the most petty group of players I've ever seen in a gaming community. You should do everyone a favor if one little ad bothers you and just quit the game. You won't be missed:)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I can't think of any gaming community where paying players would be happy about also having to see ads.
    For me they popped up in the middle of doing GW, and I found it distracting and annoying. Would I quit the game over it? No. Is it tacky and unnecessary to bug paying customers with ads? Yes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    One little ad when you log on? You guys are the most petty group of players I've ever seen in a gaming community. You should do everyone a favor if one little ad bothers you and just quit the game. You won't be missed:)

If it were just 1 ad per login I wouldn't care, but I've gotten 3-4 ads this session.
  • I think EA is smart to go the ad route, today I received my first ad when I opened my app, even though they were advertising their own merch in a NFl game, I think it's a step in the right direction for them to make more profit.
  • I get ads on my android tablet, but not my phone. :/
  • I get ads on my android tablet, but not my phone. :/

I use an ipad.
This discussion has been closed.