Any idea what they are doing?

Replies

• Amoliski wrote: »
    Developing, probably.
    People love to rag on them, but they do a great job coming up with new kits. The kit releases usually have new and interesting abilities and lately they have new faction-specific buffs that are very powerful when used properly. ...

Yeah, faction specific abilities are totally "great job" and not an obvious cover up for them not testing interactions with "plug and play" characters like Hux was advertised to be.

Perhaps you are too new to remember, so let me tell you a short story.
    Players explicitly requested faction specific leader bonuses back when the game was new-ish. Example: Phasma's assist bonus to everyone was great and all, but what players wanted better bonuses limited to just the First Order faction. In response the devs gave us new Phasma with better FO synergy. The trend continues today.
    Not to say devs are perfect, far from it, but their kits are generally good and always more inventive than anything the fan crowd likes to design.
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »

What is still there? SWGOH? Or a statement that a video game studio is working on more than 1 game at a time :shocked_face:?!?! Oh my goodness, how dare this studio have the audacity to work on multiple games

Perhaps that wouldn’t be awful if they could manage both their new project and this game properly. However given the lack of content, communication, quality testing on updates/game modes, etc. perhaps it’s not the best thing to stretch their developers so thin

What is still there? SWGOH? Or a statement that a video game studio is working on more than 1 game at a time :shocked_face:?!?! Oh my goodness, how dare this studio have the audacity to work on multiple games

Perhaps that wouldn’t be awful if they could manage both their new project and this game properly. However given the lack of content, communication, quality testing on updates/game modes, etc. perhaps it’s not the best thing to stretch their developers so thin
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing if their communication is any sort of clue.

Personally I love how in their recent Q&A’s they’ve admitted how their communication and lack of content in 2019 was troubling and would be changed and nearly a month into the new year we have...zero communication and new content.

Wonderful 🤪

[ ] nearly a month

Only if half a month is considered nearly a full month.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Amoliski wrote: »
    Developing, probably.
    People love to rag on them, but they do a great job coming up with new kits. The kit releases usually have new and interesting abilities and lately they have new faction-specific buffs that are very powerful when used properly. ...

Yeah, faction specific abilities are totally "great job" and not an obvious cover up for them not testing interactions with "plug and play" characters like Hux was advertised to be.

Perhaps you are too new to remember, so let me tell you a short story.
    Players explicitly requested faction specific leader bonuses back when the game was new-ish. Example: Phasma's assist bonus to everyone was great and all, but what players wanted better bonuses limited to just the First Order faction. In response the devs gave us new Phasma with better FO synergy. The trend continues today.
    Not to say devs are perfect, far from it, but their kits are generally good and always more inventive than anything the fan crowd likes to design.

That's a bit different example, though. One is upgrading a generic lead to better synergize with a faction and the other is downgrading a plug-and-play character to only work with a faction. If a decent character gets some extra oomph when used with their faction, it's good. When a character is modified after release to be useless outside their faction, it's bad.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I made a list of everything this game/the devs/etc forces us to do:

Maybe End Game isn't for you
    ad0grnxp0xtc.jpg

SWGOH 2!

• Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

Dude... If they were killing it with little to no issues on a game, then it is not audacious to work on something else. But when said game is littered with bugs left and right, and when these issues seem to stem from a lack of resources, then ya these guys should maybe get something right before spending resources on another.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

Dude... If they were killing it with little to no issues on a game, then it is not audacious to work on something else. But when said game is littered with bugs left and right, and when these issues seem to stem from a lack of resources, then ya these guys should maybe get something right before spending resources on another.

I hear more negative things about MSF from current/former players than positive things, yet FoxNext produces 4 games that are either live or coming soon. The raid creators have like 6 games. All of the complaints about CG have been the same for 4 years: Game is dying and the devs make no new content and don't talk to the forums.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

I agree that it would seem normal in most cases for this. Companies work on multiple games.

Perhaps the implications aren't known. But it'd be foolish of any of us not to second guess. What if it is a new Star Wars game? We don't know do we?

And if it is, what does that hold for this game?

The answer is clear. This game becomes "dead".

They would NEVER let us know that. They can't lose the cash cow now. And you and I both know that's just common sense business.

The content is very slow in this game. I'm not convinced their working as diligently as they profuse to be. Nor do I believe they'd admit tot he contrary even if it were the case.

I'm very much in the corner that - things take time.

Though, there's this feeling on the back of my neck through my spine that tingling about the longevity of this game.

The guy who took over, came from the most recent Fallen Order. There's only so much a Turn based game can provide.

They teased a bold new direction when the guy came aboard.

I'm just super speculating right now, but..... don't be surprised in a year or so there's a new Star Wars mobile game that's not turn based....

• StarSon
    7421 posts Member
    There is always downtime this time of year. Why? Because they released the last bit of finished work shortly before Christmas, then all went on vacation, because Christmas. During the two weeks following the last release, there would not have been an actual Sprint since there would not be enough people in the office to do anything worthwhile. They would have picked up when they came back a couple weeks ago, but would not have much ready to release until probably next week at the earliest.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing if their communication is any sort of clue.

Personally I love how in their recent Q&A’s they’ve admitted how their communication and lack of content in 2019 was troubling and would be changed and nearly a month into the new year we have...zero communication and new content.

Wonderful 🤪

[ ] nearly a month

Only if half a month is considered nearly a full month.

Nearly is subjective with no concrete amount. Considering the month is more than half over some might consider the month nearly over.

I’ll be more specific if you’d like.

16 days into the new year and there’s absolutely no new content. Previous Q&A’s even before this acknowledged a clear shortfall of content and expectations in 2019. Perhaps the most logical thing to do would’ve been to prepare something for their return from an extended holiday vacation? How about even just details of new content if not the content itself?
  • Gifafi wrote: »

I’ll also make a list of original content the devs have come up with in the last couple months:

-
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

I’ll also make a list of original content the devs have come up with in the last couple months:

-

is last couple subjective?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

-

Why yes it is actually. Glad to see you know your stuff, I’m so proud ❤️
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

-

Couple literally means two. Numbers are subjective now?

• jhbuchholz wrote: »

-

Actually you literally couldn’t be more wrong good sir. Used as an informal pronoun, couple is defined as follows by the dictionary:

INFORMAL
    an indefinite small number.
    "he hoped she'd be better in a couple of days"

You may proceed to eat a slice of humble pie and apologize to Raven good sir ;)
  • their kits are generally good and always more inventive than anything the fan crowd likes to design.

That's a low bar. Most fan kits are like "I think it should take no damage from basics and also regenerate 50% protection every turn and deal passive AOE damage every turn and inflict 5 thermal detonators on anything that attacks it and have a special attack that instantly kills the target and it can't be revived. This isn't OP because it's my favorite character that was in one episode of Clone Wars for 7 seconds that nobody else has ever even heard of."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

-

Actually you literally couldn’t be more wrong good sir. Used as an informal pronoun, couple is defined as follows by the dictionary:

INFORMAL

I couldn't be more wrong because the "informal" definition fits your argument. Ok. 🙄
  • Are informal definitions like alternate facts?
    Asking for a... well... me.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Tuttebassen
    46 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

-

INFORMAL

I couldn't be more wrong because the "informal" definition fits your argument. Ok. 🙄

It fits my argument because that is the definition of the word. Raven used it as an informal pronoun, hence the word used in that context literally does not mean two.... get it? Otherwise feel free to look it up yourself. And no it is not an alternative fact Unbelieverinme ;)

Let's leave out the unnecessary insults ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on

They clearly aren't working on multiple games at once unless they are working on multiple new games at once.

This game is getting the ignore everything treatment. Lag ignore, gp errors ignore, choose which tb to do they promised to reply then ignored it too going on 2 months now.

-

INFORMAL

You’re not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you...? It fits my argument because that is the definition of the word. Raven used it as an informal pronoun, hence the word used in that context literally does not mean two.... get it? Otherwise feel free to look it up yourself. And no it is not an alternative fact Unbelieverinme ;)

I’m sharp enough to know that people resort to insults when they have no strengthen to their argument so I've got that going for me which is nice.
  • Amoliski wrote: »
    I wonder where they are going to find players for their big new game. No way I'm ever getting anywhere near another CG product, and I have to imagine that's not a rare sentiment.

AMEN to that
  • Sick of them forcing us to g13 and relic 7 stuff we wouldn’t work on otherwise.

AMEN to that!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Last update when we spoke was they have been doing some planning and mapping for the upcoming promised events and other stuff.
    Personally:
    I have to wonder if some of this has to do with the popularity of a show that seemed to be not really on the radar as of the last QA....

-

INFORMAL

You’re not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you...? It fits my argument because that is the definition of the word. Raven used it as an informal pronoun, hence the word used in that context literally does not mean two.... get it? Otherwise feel free to look it up yourself. And no it is not an alternative fact Unbelieverinme ;)

I’m sharp enough to know that people resort to insults when they have no strengthen to their argument so I've got that going for me which is nice.

Well your reply to Raven and to me was of a sarcastic nature, which is used as a means of belittling or hurting others. Can we agree on that at least? Thus using sarcasm can be construed as an insult, which kinda puts you in the same boat as me. According to Oscar Wilde, sarasm is the lowest form of wit after all ;)

Disagree. If you read it as sarcasm then that's your own fault.

-

INFORMAL

Well your reply to Raven and to me was of a sarcastic nature, which is used as a means of belittling or hurting others. Can we agree on that at least? Thus using sarcasm can be construed as an insult, which kinda puts you in the same boat as me. According to Oscar Wilde, sarasm is the lowest form of wit after all ;)

“Couple literally means two. Numbers are subjective now?”

This isn’t a sarcastic remark...? I think you need to look up sarcastic as well as couple good sir ;)

• Kyno wrote: »
    Last update when we spoke was they have been doing some planning and mapping for the upcoming promised events and other stuff.
    Personally:
    I have to wonder if some of this has to do with the popularity of a show that seemed to be not really on the radar as of the last QA....

Thanks Kyno, but like I always say, this isn’t your job. Unless you’re getting paid to be a community manager, perhaps @CG_SBCrumb should be the one to tell us this and with more detail considering that’s his JOB.

-

INFORMAL

“Couple literally means two. Numbers are subjective now?”

This isn’t a sarcastic remark...? I think you need to look up sarcastic as well as couple good sir ;)

I took your advice and looked it up. It's not sarcastic.