answer to TB rotations is not answer to the question that was asked

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

The fact that you think someone is ignoring something without proof and with proof that they have interacted with said thing, doesnt prove they are ignoring anything.

This post/question has not been ignored, there are statements here to prove otherwise.

With all due respect, this post HAS been ignored since the first couple days. The only interaction has been you promising us that you are reminding them about it, bit even you can't get Crumb to return here with a simple response.

It's been over a month since the question was asked. The complete 'lack of response' means one of two things:
    1. Crumb is intentionally choosing to avoid this thread and make no comment
    2. Crumb has completely forgotten this thread, receives no notifications from it, and every time this question pops up in front of him (from your reminders, or when it was asked again for the new Q&A), he immediately forgets about it and moves on to the next thing.

Since #2 means Crumb needs immediate medical intervention, the supporting evidence seems pretty clear that Crumb is choosing to ignore this thread.

When a community manager promises to follow up on something, the community expects periodic follow-ups. 5+ weeks with 0 response is unacceptable in every professional setting. Just a simple "I'm sorry, I forgot to follow up but I'll ask today" would let the community at least feel acknowledged.

I understand that no one will change their mind, buy it has not been ignored. Anyone wishing to define it that way due to a limited view of what's going on is fine, but doesnt change the fact that it is not being ignored, it has just not gotten a resolution yet. Despite anyone's personal definition those two things are not the same.

• Kyno wrote: »

The fact that you think someone is ignoring something without proof and with proof that they have interacted with said thing, doesnt prove they are ignoring anything.

This post/question has not been ignored, there are statements here to prove otherwise.

With all due respect, this post HAS been ignored since the first couple days. The only interaction has been you promising us that you are reminding them about it, bit even you can't get Crumb to return here with a simple response.

It's been over a month since the question was asked. The complete 'lack of response' means one of two things:
    2. Crumb has completely forgotten this thread, receives no notifications from it, and every time this question pops up in front of him (from your reminders, or when it was asked again for the new Q&A), he immediately forgets about it and moves on to the next thing.

Since #2 means Crumb needs immediate medical intervention, the supporting evidence seems pretty clear that Crumb is choosing to ignore this thread.

When a community manager promises to follow up on something, the community expects periodic follow-ups. 5+ weeks with 0 response is unacceptable in every professional setting. Just a simple "I'm sorry, I forgot to follow up but I'll ask today" would let the community at least feel acknowledged.

I understand that no one will change their mind, buy it has not been ignored. Anyone wishing to define it that way due to a limited view of what's going on is fine, but doesnt change the fact that it is not being ignored, it has just not gotten a resolution yet. Despite anyone's personal definition those two things are not the same.

While it is good to hear reassurance that this is not a forgotten issue, it does not change the fact that Crumb has gone radio silent. Literally all we ask is that he, not you, say something about the issue. The fact that he cannot take a minute out his schedule (and honestly I'm sure it's busy, but man, manage the community please) to quickly post he is still working on the solution.

"ignored" and "forgotten" are two different things. The 5 weeks of pleading for an update being met with silence = ignoring the community.
    It might still be on the agenda to eventually research (I.e. not forgotten), but this thread and the players in it ARE currently being ignored by Crumb.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    This thread has reached a whole new level of hilarious now. @Kyno we all appreciate your help and being the middle man the best you can but lets be real...it has been well over a month since Crumb has first commented: see below

uys5iwjbx57n.png

At the end of the day, if they wanted to give us an answer, by now they would of....
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    This thread has reached a whole new level of hilarious now. @Kyno we all appreciate your help and being the middle man the best you can but lets be real...it has been well over a month since Crumb has first commented: see below

uys5iwjbx57n.png

At the end of the day, if they wanted to give us an answer, by now they would of....

@CG_SBCrumb how’s the whole sticky note thing going. Maybe you should try and put more sticky notes on their desks
  • This boils down to if not responding for a month is ignoring or not.

The player base believes over 1 month without a response other than kyno saying they will ask eventually and respond at some point is ignoring the players.

Cg and kyno beleive this is how they do business and it's not ignoring their community to take months to respond. Its status quo.

This is just a simple difference of opinion.
  • @Oaktree168
    To everyone else.....yes, its been a long time and its frustrating. Venting, while maybe helping you, isnt helping the situation. Lets give them a week and see if they can come back with an update/answer/or just a heartbeat.

No.

There have been periods of time when people commented in this thread less. It did not magically help get a response. All the evidence that we have is that CG is not reading this thread and doesn't give a Freud what we say here. If that's true, then commenting doesn't hurt anything and venting does help the people doing the venting. Why should anyone stop engaging in a behavior that benefits the ones engaging in the behavior with no downside for anyone else?

Also with the "give them a week" phrase. Do they somehow not have a workweek if I comment here? There is no evidence that my comments here "take away a week" from anyone at CG.

I'm not a judge or executioner. I'm certainly not a god. I'm a customer posting to the forum established by a corporation for exactly the purpose of receiving customer feedback.

i AM doing what I'm supposed to do. And if somehow customers doing what they're supposed to do robs CG employees of their workweek, then they operate in an entirely different galaxy with completely different physics than the one where the customers all live.

@Kyno

Your argument is that the original question isn't being ignored, rather it is the request for an update on the situation that is being ignored.

Fine. But CG is still ignoring the community. You can pedantically define it as a separate issue, ignoring requests for updates vs. ignoring the original question which might - unknown to us - have received hours and hours of attention about which we will never learn.

Does that mean that we should start a separate thread for this new issue? Or should all requests for updates, ignored as they may be, remain in this thread?

Kyno
    I certainly didn't "commend" anyone for being polite. I never implied or suggested that one shouldn't be polite.

What I implied is that
    if the question was laced with profanity or rude in some other way, ignoring it might be justified.

This is, indeed, endorsing the idea that all communication should be polite or else there will be consequences (e.g. getting ignored). I did not commend being polite. I merely suggested that since it was polite, rudeness cannot be used as an excuse for not providing an answer. That's hardly a "commendation". That's the fan base honestly trying to figure out what could possibly motivate CG's actions (or inactions) in this situation.

As for the suggestion that this hasn't been ignored: of course it has been. The fact that someone paid attention to something once does not make it impossible to ignore that same thing in the future.

Given that this is clearly possible, the obviously fair interpretation of what is being said (by many people) about the question being ignored is that the question got some manner of attention, but that attention didn't actually answer the question ... and then ignored. I endorse this interpretation.

IMO, to state that a question was asked politely and should get an answer because of that, seems odd, since we should all be polite. It seems odd to point out the politeness in the same sentence saying it should get an answer, because the 2 are not related.

Why is it odd? As producers of a product you should want to engage with your customer base and actually respect the fact that your customers take time to give you feed back and show interest in the product. The people on this forum love or hate it is some of your most engaged within your customer base and want the best for the game. Whether you find it feasible or not to take what everyone here says and run with it is a different story but as a community we deserve the engagement on a regular basis as well as the decency to our questions in a timely manner.
  • Hi. Just did my morning round of reading some posts, and now I’m going to bump this thread again because I would like this to be answered.

Thanks!

Hi again.

These forums remain a cesspool; threads like this being left unanswered are a big part of why.

Not sure why I keep reading them though. It’s clearly not good for me.

Aaaah Monday. Back to the grind. Time to pour myself an nice hot cup of coffee and catch up on the forums.

I wonder if Crumb has let us know where he is on that follow up question? It sure would be nice to know if we’ll ever get to run a dark side hoth instead of a light side Geo ever again. Yeah. That would be rad.

Good morning forums. Has this been addressed?
  • Hi. Just did my morning round of reading some posts, and now I’m going to bump this thread again because I would like this to be answered.

Thanks!

Hi again.

These forums remain a cesspool; threads like this being left unanswered are a big part of why.

Aaaah Monday. Back to the grind. Time to pour myself an nice hot cup of coffee and catch up on the forums.

I wonder if Crumb has let us know where he is on that follow up question? It sure would be nice to know if we’ll ever get to run a dark side hoth instead of a light side Geo ever again. Yeah. That would be rad.

Nope.
  • V01D
    117 posts Member

Lol. I appreciated the fact that @CG_SBCrumb had some decent back and forth comments early on. This was exciting as i had not seen the developers comment in posts much (outside of the Q&A's) and still appreciate that Kyno continues to try and help move this topic along. However, I do see the point that a lot of people are making. Crumb just needs to take three minutes to login to his community and just say that they are still looking into the issue. That's really all... Maybe three minutes. Also, where is the picture of Tophat's office covered in sticky notes?
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    Hi. Just did my morning round of reading some posts, and now I’m going to bump this thread again because I would like this to be answered.

Thanks!

Hi again.

Nope.

Oh. That’s unfortunate.
  • @V01D
    Lol. I appreciated the fact that @CG_SBCrumb had some decent back and forth comments early on. This was exciting as i had not seen the developers comment in posts much (outside of the Q&A's) and still appreciate that Kyno continues to try and help move this topic along.

Many of us openly expressed appreciation for that and did indeed find it such a good sign it was literally exciting to see people from CG actively trying to get information out to their customers.

Of course, Kyno instantly jumped in and told people not to commend CG for replying to questions since that is the minimum that we should expect of a company on a forum set up to communicate between a company and its customers...

... oh, no wait. That Kyno part didn't happen. My bad.
    Hi. Just did my morning round of reading some posts, and now I’m going to bump this thread again because I would like this to be answered.

Thanks!

Hi again.

Nope.

Oh. That’s unfortunate.

I guess we get to choose light side v lightside again this time.
  • Checking back in to see if we have ANY answer from the devs yet.... NOPE.

Kyno still blindly defending lack of community engagement.... YUP

It's the 15th my landlord says I'm ignoring paying my rent but I told him despite his personal definition I'm not ignoring paying the rent, it just my decision to pay rent hasnt been resolved yet. He isnt understanding and is threatening to evict me.

Anyways since you say the devs aren't ignoring us and since you have more than our "limited view" of what's going on, can YOU provide us an update on if the devs have decided if they are going to look into if choosing between LS/DS is possible?

Maybe we should start with just asking for confirmation that they have received the question and understand it this time since last time they didnt understand the question asked. But after that...

Then can you update us on if either A) devs are exploring the possibility of letting us choose LS/DS or 2) Devs are not exploring the possibility of letting us choose LS/DS.

First it was upsetting... then it was comical that it was taking this long to know if choosing is something devs are willing to look into. That comical time passed and now it's just becoming sad imo.

Sorry your the middle man, your basically the community manager and I think they should be paying you because on the surface it appears you put in many more hours dealing with the community than the official CG community manager does.

The community has no idea what crumb does...I know we dont know the whole picture but the community not being in the loop is not a excuse, it's actually the problem imo.

Again respectfully asking for an update. Hope you can see optics from the players side. Thx
  • Just an option to choose between one of the 4 possible tbs anytime would be the most simple solution without complaints...
  • Paradigma wrote: »
    Just an option to choose between one of the 4 possible tbs anytime would be the most simple solution without complaints...

Fairly certain the devs don't want us to run the same one every time.

However, if we could choose between any four with the limitation that the same one can't be selected twice in a row... That might be the best of both worlds.

Thanks!

Hi again.

Nope.

Oh. That’s unfortunate.

Thursday crew checking in. Just a few more hours and then I get to spend Friday being mentally checked out before a three day weekend. Whoooooo. Hope you guys at CG are enjoying the same pre-holiday slackoff. A good thing to do when you’re avoiding doing real work is to check in on the forums IMO. Maybe throw up a quick post about that thing you’re avoiding working on. We won’t be mad about the slacking, because, let’s be honest, it’s relatable. It’d just be nice to know what it is that’s getting the ol’ MLK blowoff before taking the kids skiing for the weekend.

Thanks!

Hi again.

Nope.

Oh. That’s unfortunate.

Thursday crew checking in. Just a few more hours and then I get to spend Friday being mentally checked out before a three day weekend. Whoooooo. Hope you guys at CG are enjoying the same pre-holiday slackoff. A good thing to do when you’re avoiding doing real work is to check in on the forums IMO. Maybe throw up a quick post about that thing you’re avoiding working on. We won’t be mad about the slacking, because, let’s be honest, it’s relatable. It’d just be nice to know what it is that’s getting the ol’ MLK blowoff before taking the kids skiing for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/F4HxQUTcwpg

It’s FRIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    It's kinda crazy to me that this thread has reached 9 pages and is still going.

On one hand, I totally get it. Crumb posted three times between December 5th and 6th, and has now disappeared. That's not great.

On the other hand, we're talking about more IPD or ROLO shards. Eh.

Honestly they shouldn't have halved the shards in the first place. And the Wat shards should be doubled now, just like they did with ROLO when they introduced DS Hoth.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    On the other hand, we're talking about more IPD or ROLO shards.

Nah, what we’re really talking about is ~10,000 vs ~14,000 (iirc, been a while someone is free to double check my math) GET 1, for folks that need to max out Malak and General Skywalker or whoever else next gets this horribly broken release model.

Also, for a lot of guilds that moved on to DS Geo after mastering 45 stars on LSTB but before getting 48 on DSTB (y’know, guilds in exactly the sort of donut hole where light side Geo is a bad idea but light side Hoth has stopped providing competitive rewards, and for whom dark side Geo is very attractive), we’re talking about a shot at that shiny 48 star achievement and Vader’s Fist title.

But we’re definitely not really talking about IPD and ROLO shards.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    On the other hand, we're talking about more IPD or ROLO shards.

Nah, what we’re really talking about is ~10,000 vs ~14,000 (iirc, been a while someone is free to double check my math) GET 1, for folks that need to max out Malak and General Skywalker or whoever else next gets this horribly broken release model.

Also, for a lot of guilds that moved on to DS Geo after mastering 45 stars on LSTB but before getting 48 on DSTB (y’know, guilds in exactly the sort of donut hole where light side Geo is a bad idea but light side Hoth has stopped providing competitive rewards, and for whom dark side Geo is very attractive), we’re talking about a shot at that shiny 48 star achievement and Vader’s Fist title.

But we’re definitely not really talking about IPD and ROLO shards.

If you're talking about more GET, in my opinion the odds of them doing this drops to zero.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's kinda crazy to me that this thread has reached 9 pages and is still going.

Crumb posted three times between December 5th and 6th, and has now disappeared. That's not great.

What happened to crumb? Is he okay?

Is it normal for the community manager to disappear for months at a time?

Do we need to start a go fund me to help crumb recover from whater ailment has caused him the inability to post a message on a forum?
  • What if we had more than one community manager? That way when one disappears the other could fill the cold, dark void.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

Good morning! May we please get a resolution of some kind to this long standing question?

To restate the question:

Can we have a rotational change to the TB schedule?

Current Schedule: LS Hoth/LS Geo and DS Hoth/DS Geo.

New Schedule: LS Hoth/DS Geo and DS Hoth/LS Geo

The new rotation schedule is to better reflect Guild progression and give more appropriate TBs for a Guilds current level.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.