Next GAC Theme?

Prev1
There's supposed to be a new GAC starting on Monday. Do we have any idea what the "theme" for the feats will be? Are we recycling Resistance again? Give us another chance at that Vets-kill feat, maybe?

Also curious what the format will be. Given their past statements, I'm assuming 3v3 w/o ships, but that's only a guess.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Probably something we don't have the proper tools for yet. That seems to be the running theme for all the GAC.
  • Not knowing if it's a 3v3 or 5v5 GAC with it being on monday is a bit of a joke.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Not knowing if it's a 3v3 or 5v5 GAC with it being on monday is a bit of a joke.

You will still have a day of preview, what more you need?
  • Next theme: g13 characters only!!
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Not knowing if it's a 3v3 or 5v5 GAC with it being on monday is a bit of a joke.

Many of us work on Monday and would appreciate the weekend to remod.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

I never remod for 5v5 or 3v3. Div 1 Kyber 12-0 #28 last GAC 3v3. Previous GAC 5v5 Div 1 Kyber 11-1 #180-ish.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I never remod for 5v5 or 3v3. Div 1 Kyber 12-0 #28 last GAC 3v3. Previous GAC 5v5 Div 1 Kyber 11-1 #180-ish.

Good for you. Enjoy a pastry. I have also always hit kyber but would like time to remod.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Good for you. Enjoy a pastry. I have also always hit kyber but would like time to remod.

Thanks! I will. Use loadouts.

Always appreciate your humble brags.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2020

Always appreciate your humble brags.

I'm serious and not bragging, I'm making a point. You shouldn't really need to remod with good depth, but if you need to (or just want to despite having good depth), make loadouts.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I, too, never remod and have yet to miss making Kyber. Admittedly it was close once, I just squeaked in on the win bonus from the final round. I also have much worse mods than TVF, which he will happily confirm.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• 6v6? Without notice?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    3v5
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    3v5

Only Traya v Bugs allowed.
    3v5

Nest v Ewoks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    3v5

Nest v Ewoks.

That's 1 v 5

Lol at you posting anecdotal stats

It's called proof of concept

I dont think that word means what you think it means
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

I humbly disagree with your “proof of concept.”

If you’re finishing that strong in GAC, you likely have top-notch mods on all your important teams. This would make it both less important to remod, with less utility from doing so.

I remodded my roster for the last GAC and hit Kyber for the first time. I attribute a lot of my increased success to remodding a few key defensive toons.

For example, with droideka, I like to use an offense arrow with a full GG separatist droid team of five, but I like to use a speed arrow on droideka in 3v3 to get to the damage immunity quicker.

There are at least five other vital toons I switch arrows around for whether it’s 5v5 or 3v3
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

I humbly disagree with your “proof of concept.”

If you’re finishing that strong in GAC, you likely have top-notch mods on all your important teams. This would make it both less important to remod, with less utility from doing so.

I think that was the point
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Also, this part of the discussion came out of the fact that we may have only the 24hr preview phase to make changes. How long does it take to change an offense arrow and 5 other key toons?

Read the definition of “anecdotal”, and then point out the scientific data he posted that wasn’t just his own experience

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

Yes, TVF gave his personal account, but what you are not getting is that he only stated facts. He never remods and he gave his win loss record. When people use anecdotal on this forum it is generally in response to someone questioning RNG or drop rates with little evidence other than the feels.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Read the definition of “anecdotal”, and then point out the scientific data he posted that wasn’t just his own experience

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

Yes, TVF gave his personal account, but what you are not getting is that he only stated facts. He never remods and he gave his win loss record. When people use anecdotal on this forum it is generally in response to someone questioning RNG or drop rates with little evidence other than the feels.

And I assume he can prove he never remodded?

So just for my personal curiosity, some anecdotal arguments are OK, while others are not?

You hatred for a random person on the internet is so strong, you are ignoring that they only stated facts. He didnt even argue anything in the post, just stated his w-l record.

If TVF said "i feel like my GAC record is better when i remod", then it would have been anecdotal. Or if he said "remodding is useless because the time I did I missed Kyber".

And I assume he can prove he never remodded?

So just for my personal curiosity, some anecdotal arguments are OK, while others are not?

You hatred for a random person on the internet is so strong, you are ignoring that they only stated facts. He didnt even argue anything in the post, just stated his w-l record.

If TVF said "i feel like my GAC record is better when i remod", then it would have been anecdotal. Or if he said "remodding is useless because the time I did I missed Kyber".

Calling out hypocrisy isn’t hatred. It’s curious you responded with such an emotional outburst.

His comments was responding to the original Op. it really isn’t hard. He’s saying because he doesn’t remod and still achieves something it’s ok.

Anecdotal. You can word craft all you want, but it’s right there in the definition you posted.

So implied opinions are anecdotal now?

So you dont think his w-l record is a fact? Its public these days fyi