Saddest moment in the saga (Movies and TV series)?

Prev1345
Zombefyer
586 posts Member
edited February 2022
Can be character moments, deaths, etc.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Satine's death, full send
  • Ahsoka Tano leaving Anakin and the Jedi Order; the music and Anakin's reaction sells it for me.
  • Anakin killing the Tusken Raiders in Episode 2.
    Not just the men, but the women and children
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Episode 8. It was really sad.
  • ARC Trooper Fives' death
  • Gideon_Brown
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Disney ruining Star Wars with the sequal trilogy.
  • TROS
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Anakin dying and Vader being born
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Disney ruining Star Wars with the sequal trilogy.

Ok boomer

Can’t handle that newer generations get their own version of Star Wars eh?
  • Disney ruining Star Wars with the sequal trilogy.

You just broke the rules of this discussion. Disney ruining Star Wars doesn't count.
  • C3PO: "I'm taking one last look at my friends."
    I know he got his memory back almost right away, but in that moment it was pretty sad.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Satine's death, full send

This^

A spin-off featuring the two would further strengthen the narrative.
  • Death of Han Solo.
  • Zombefyer wrote: »
    Ahsoka Tano leaving Anakin and the Jedi Order; the music and Anakin's reaction sells it for me.

This.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kanan saving Phoenix Squad.

Agree

• TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kanan saving Phoenix Squad.

Definitely this, and there's not a close second.
  • Ahsoka sacrificing herself to save Ezra, and hold off Vader. It’s mainly heart wrenching because she learns in that moment who he is and what her dearest friend has turned in to.
  • Letting Rian Johnson direct episode 8
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    C3PO: "I'm taking one last look at my friends."
    I know he got his memory back almost right away, but in that moment it was pretty sad.
    It was cringey in the trailer, and it was still cringey watching it in theater
    regardless of whether it was undone
  • When Shaak Ti kills Jango Fett
  • Honestly, emotion isn’t a strong suit of Star Wars, especially sadness. Can’t say that anything in the movies or shows made me truly sad. In the books, maybe Chewbacca or Anakin Solo’s deaths.
  • Kanan Jarrus'es death. Man, I forbid my 8 years old daughter to watch her favorite show last season (i.e SW Rebels season 4), because of it.
  • Satine's death, full send

i agree this was pretty sad.
  • Slackerman92
    155 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Chewies reaction to Leia's death in ros hit home for me
    Post edited by Slackerman92 on
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Ahsoka sacrificing herself to save Ezra, and hold off Vader. It’s mainly heart wrenching because she learns in that moment who he is and what her dearest friend has turned in to.
    This would have been a poignant and awesome end to her character. It would have fit it perfectly in the story of everything and gave weight to her individual tale. Then they had to time travel all over it.
  • Chewies reaction to Leia's death was pretty rough. Dont know how to do the spoiler thing sorry

1. The Rise of Skywalker spoiler ban is largely lifted so you're good here
    2. Click the paragraph icon (third from the left) above the text bar and click "spoiler"
    3. If you think it is a spoiler but don't know how to hide it, don't post it because it's... a spoiler
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Why did noone mention Kuiil yet? Not sure if it counts as the saddest, but it sure hit me, partly because how unceremonious it was.
  • Chewies reaction to Leia's death was pretty rough. Dont know how to do the spoiler thing sorry

1. The Rise of Skywalker spoiler ban is largely lifted so you're good here
    2. Click the paragraph icon (third from the left) above the text bar and click "spoiler"
    3. If you think it is a spoiler but don't know how to hide it, don't post it because it's... a spoiler

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.